Bitcoin

MAR

SI

DKNG

HZAC

ARKK

ARKF

ARKW

**This is a high risk portfolio, I don't recommend this to people that can't absorb the volatility.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I did just unload my UWMC. It went down after the earnings and I’d rather reallocate that money elsewhere. Wasn’t a lot but I should have know when it popped that that was a top. Maybe down the road it could be interesting but no one wants it now.

I convinced myself to pick up some of this last Dec, but it has just been an anchor. 

2 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

I convinced myself to pick up some of this last Dec, but it has just been an anchor. 

Yeah, maybe it comes back but I’d rather be in something else. Mad Indidnt use the pop over 11 to just take the money and run. I was waiting for the earnings report and the reaction was a big fat yawn.

14 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

FLGT you magnificent bastard.

Would have been a 10 bagger for me. Should have dumped the Brinks truck at $109 and eased my pain LOL. At least I’m enjoying this, just in a much smaller way.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, McBokonon said:

Why would GHIV take off if RKT hasn’t done anything? Does the former do something much better than the latter? RKT at least has some name recognition but they’re stuck in neutral.

This is what i asked about GHIV (which is United Wholesale now, correct?) in January - sometimes gauging investor sentiment can be useful. I think these are fine companies but nobody wants them.

@Todempick $TSCO got a buy rating from Goldman today. 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Would have been a 10 bagger for me. Should have dumped the Brinks truck at $109 and eased my pain LOL. At least I’m enjoying this, just in a much smaller way.

Nobody could have seen this coming. I'm still bracing myself for a violent pullback by putting on my 10 year binoculars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

This is what i asked about GHIV (which is United Wholesale now, correct?) in January - sometimes gauging investor sentiment can be useful. I think these are fine companies but nobody wants them.

That’s why I sold too. I like United much more than Quicken but either way, nobody cares. 

44 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

It was hard for me to get to this point but I just sold all of my CBBT, ZOM, ENZC for on average 300% profit. I sold half of my SFIO, the ones I held from .014, and held on to the other half that I bought at .06

I just couldn't believe that the constant 20%+ gains would keep going. Maybe they will and I'll regret it but I didn't want to sell half and watch them tank so I unloaded them all except for SFIO.

Will look for some more cheaper plays.

Yeah, thanks for CBBT. I'm free rolling right now but might just get out all together. The thing is, their merger still hasn't been official yet. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

@Todempick $TSCO got a buy rating from Goldman today. 

Nobody could have seen this coming. I'm still bracing myself for a violent pullback by putting on my 10 year binoculars.

I bought 4 add'l shares of TSCO exactly one week ago for $139.xx (actually I think it was 10 days ago and Fidelity is showing the settled date).  Put a $155.55 sell order that day.  Surprised it tripped this quick.  Still holding 13 shares.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, McBokonon said:

Skipping this. Bought $OESX at $9.74.

Broke above $10.90 resistance today on volume, trading over $11. Earnings Thursday. A tidy $13+% in a week. Plucky little midwestern American company, I've written about them here enough you can search to see why I like them.

Just now, ChiefD said:

Yeah, thanks for CBBT. I'm free rolling right now but might just get out all together. The thing is, their merger still hasn't been official yet. 

I could see CBBT getting to a buck, but it seems fishy/scammy at the same time. I played it safe and sold it all. It's up 10% from that point so what do I know lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

I could see CBBT getting to a buck, but it seems fishy/scammy at the same time. I played it safe and sold it all. It's up 10% from that point so what do I know lol

It's by far the most hyped stock on financial twitter these days.

Hope you guys get rich.  Fidelity hasn't allowed me to open a position yet.  Just funded Ameritrade today but concerned I'm too late.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

MF has a chart showing that none of Gores SPACs have performed particularly well. I wonder if there is just too much dilution built into these. I have UWMC in my Roth where, despite being up 22% YTD, I still have some excess cash already. May hold onto it a bit more. I was enjoying the shtick of getting a refi with the company while it was merging with the SPAC

1 hour ago, NajehHejan said:

It was hard for me to get to this point but I just sold all of my CBBT, ZOM, ENZC for on average 300% profit. I sold half of my SFIO, the ones I held from .014, and held on to the other half that I bought at .06

I just couldn't believe that the constant 20%+ gains would keep going. Maybe they will and I'll regret it but I didn't want to sell half and watch them tank so I unloaded them all except for SFIO.

Will look for some more cheaper plays.

Thoughts on SFIO? Still looking at a nice pop when they list OTC? 

Edited by [icon]

25 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

MF has a chart showing that none of Gores SPACs have performed particularly well. I wonder if there is just too much dilution built into these. I have UWMC in my Roth where, despite being up 22% YTD, I still have some excess cash already. May hold onto it a bit more. I was enjoying the shtick of getting a refi with the company while it was merging with the SPAC

Could be dilution, could just be that they suck at this. If you want a post-merger SPAC to pop, it seems like it really has to be seen as exciting and part of a rapid growth industry.

You get things like SKLZ (gaming and gambling), DKNG (online gambling), all of the EV-related ones and certain healthcare/biopharm if they seem forward-looking.

These guys picked Hostess and UWM - cupcakes and mortgages. Meh.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Could be dilution, could just be that they suck at this. If you want a post-merger SPAC to pop, it seems like it really has to be seen as exciting and part of a rapid growth industry.

You get things like SKLZ (gaming and gambling), DKNG (online gambling), all of the EV-related ones and certain healthcare/biopharm if they seem forward-looking.

There’s going to be a #### ton of losers in the penny stock and SPAC world. As you know well, not everything is a winner and right now anything discussed seems to be. UWMC stands out like a sore thumb. It probably could be a nice long term investment but it doesn’t have the ceiling or conviction I’m looking for in my long term stocks.

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s going to be a #### ton of losers in the penny stock and SPAC world. As you know well, not everything is a winner and right now anything discussed seems to be. UWMC stands out like a sore thumb. It probably could be a nice long term investment but it doesn’t have the ceiling or conviction I’m looking for in my long term stocks.

Agreed on winners and losers.

Pick your SPACs carefully just like stocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steelerfan1 said:

in for a few more each of LMT and AMT. sold 1/2 of ZOM.

Started a DIS at 162. feeling it should have been a bigger 1 now.

Kicked myself in the jewels again by not getting in on FLGT at 117 lastweek. good God man! what's the matter with me!

Don't kick yourself yet. Short interest is pretty high and that could be fueling a lot of this. I don't' know that, but it's possible.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

All this time I thought this was Cobalt Blockchain Medicinal Enormous Shvantz Corp

• Laughing 2

6 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Agreed on winners and losers.

Pick your SPACs carefully just like stocks.

This is a big reason why I'm hesitant to go in on these once they get above about 10% of NAV, so $11 for most of them, as I'm trying to limit that downside risk.  Historically SPACs post-merger do underperform the market.  I saw a study recently that, iirc, indicated the best return was in selling about a week after the merger.  But I think that study was also done a couple of years ago, so not sure if that's still holding true in today's environment.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

They also seem to reach agreements more quickly than a lot of the other SPAC companies. Maybe that's a misperception on my part, but I have it. Could be they aren't spending the same time shopping/negotiating with companies, so you may get to the 30% announcement pop more quickly without seeing the l-t winners.

34 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Cupcakes and Mortgages is the name of my Dixie Chick cover band

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

This is a big reason why I'm hesitant to go in on these once they get above about 10% of NAV, so $11 for most of them, as I'm trying to limit that downside risk.  Historically SPACs post-merger do underperform the market.  I saw a study recently that, iirc, indicated the best return was in selling about a week after the merger.  But I think that study was also done a couple of years ago, so not sure if that's still holding true in today's environment.

I generally sell after merger or after acquisition target announcement.  DKNG has been the one large exception.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

Don’t be lulled into today’s environment being different. It’s easy to think that if you look at short term results and we are in a wild period as we see every day. It doesn’t change the fact that there’s way more companies coming public through SPACs so I’d almost assume total returns will be worse. I now own the 10th or 20th EV charging company that’s gone public in the past 6 months. That’s probably not a good sign and I should probably sell it and move that money to something long term.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t be lulled into today’s environment being different. It’s easy to think that if you look at short term results and we are in a wild period as we see every day. It doesn’t change the fact that there’s way more companies coming public through SPACs so I’d almost assume total returns will be worse. I now own the 10th or 20th EV charging company that’s gone public in the past 6 months. That’s probably not a good sign and I should probably sell it and move that money to something long term.

Agreed.  Hell I trimmed SNPR this morning on the 30+% announcement spike to take out half of my initial investment.

4 hours ago, BigJohn said:

:shrug: My username is reserved.  I'm not sure how long before accounts get activated.  Do I need an invite or something?

Yeah once you get in you can get two invites to send out.  Friend of mine I invited had been reserved for like a month.  The format and community in it and content is unbelievable.  

8 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Any opinions on Data Center REITs? Specifically looking at DLR, CONE, COR and QTS. Not that interested in the ETF option, VPN. 

I owned DLR years ago...

Was nicely profitable for me, though I don't recall the specifics.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SFBayDuck said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SPACs/comments/legx3q/spac_lifecycle_over_time/

This is a new, good look.

21 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Any opinions on Data Center REITs? Specifically looking at DLR, CONE, COR and QTS. Not that interested in the ETF option, VPN. 

I've held DLR for a long time and believe it to be the blue chip in this space.  I haven't looked at fundamentals lately, but continue to hold as data centers are a growing concern, in general.  It has been a steady performer over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would encourage others to look at INND.  Looks like it is thinking about taking off.

Low cost hearing aid company with offerings currently in WMT.  Expecting many other Big Box to join in.

YMMV

2 minutes ago, JAA said:

I would encourage others to look at INND.  Looks like it is thinking about taking off.

Low cost hearing aid company with offerings currently in WMT.  Expecting many other Big Box to join in.

YMMV

Another Fidelity no-go

• Sad 4

I sure hope nobody held on to Cobalt Blockchain because there was absolutely no reason in the world to continue owning it when you could have used it as a tax loss asset.....

But in the event any of you are stubborn and foolish like me and still own this piece of crap, it's up 26% today.  The metal continues to tick higher and here we might be looking at a rising tide lifting even the crappiest of boats.  

This has been General Malaise for YouTube crappy cobalt stocks.

• Laughing 5

I don't know how it will play out, but I think my strategy for these (Lion Electric and Sofi excepted) is going to be to sell the commons on a pre-merger pop and hold onto the warrants, unless it's a company I'm just not interested in at all.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't know how it will play out, but I think my strategy for these (Lion Electric and Sofi excepted) is going to be to sell the commons on a pre-merger pop and hold onto the warrants, unless it's a company I'm just not interested in at all.

This is the way I'm leaning for BarkBox, at least. I can see the same for others going forward.