What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (24 Viewers)

I don't know how it will play out, but I think my strategy for these (Lion Electric and Sofi excepted) is going to be to sell the commons on a pre-merger pop and hold onto the warrants, unless it's a company I'm just not interested in at all.

I don't know how it will play out, but I think my strategy for these (Lion Electric and Sofi excepted) is going to be to sell the commons on a pre-merger pop and hold onto the warrants, unless it's a company I'm just not interested in at all.
This is the way I'm leaning for BarkBox, at least. I can see the same for others going forward.

Sold my $IMMR for a 25% gain, will set a reminder to look again a month or so out as we approach earnings. Put some of the proceeds into super spec play $BNGO, genomics company with a platform they are showing off this week, rumors once they get their listing fully reinstated funds including ARK looking to load up. Picks and shovels genetics play, basically.
Well, didn’t set my calendar and missed out on $IMMR earnings and today’s pop to a 52 week high, though the BNGO trade was decent, too. Anybody stay in?

That's great, thanks for sharing.  At a super high level it looks like if it jumps on announcement it's a good sign it'll keep running for awhile and through the IPO. Might make me think more about holding for awhile after the announcement.  Or maybe it validates what I've been primarily doing - if it spikes on rumor/announcement take some (not all) out, and use the proceeds to pick up another SPAC near NAV.

It also makes me a little more interested in looking at those that have already creeped up into the $12-$15 range, in the more aggressive "trading" portion of my account anyway.

Have you found any release day news, or the ticker? All I could find is that it's slated for Q2. 
STIC - they are saying the middle to end of march. I posted on either Thursday or Friday with notes from their call announcing these details.

I got in at $14.25 early last week.

I sure hope nobody held on to Cobalt Blockchain because there was absolutely no reason in the world to continue owning it when you could have used it as a tax loss asset.....

But in the event any of you are stubborn and foolish like me and still own this piece of crap, it's up 26% today.  The metal continues to tick higher and here we might be looking at a rising tide lifting even the crappiest of boats.  

This has been General Malaise for YouTube crappy cobalt stocks.
:bye:  #neversell

I sure hope nobody held on to Cobalt Blockchain because there was absolutely no reason in the world to continue owning it when you could have used it as a tax loss asset.....

But in the event any of you are stubborn and foolish like me and still own this piece of crap, it's up 26% today.  The metal continues to tick higher and here we might be looking at a rising tide lifting even the crappiest of boats.  

This has been General Malaise for YouTube crappy cobalt stocks.
:lmao:  Umm, I still have a (very, very small) position in UEXCF from pre-Fukushima (2012?). Just never seemed worth it to do anything when it required a commission. And now it just feels wrong to part with it.

For any of the Chamath fans who want a shot at his non-Sofi SPACs a little cheaper than they are today:

IPOD current price is $15.96.

2-19-21 $17.50 puts will net you around $2.20.

So either you'll make 12.6% in 11 days or you'll own the stock at $15.30.

Downside risk, obviously, is that the stock is below that $15.30 price by then. But if you were thinking about buying it at $16 anyway...

nice to see FCEL and OXY running on the same day.    

edit: i should have bought some RIOT last week tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t mean to look like a curmudgeon but how can you have an article about “lifecycle” when the only SPACs reviewed are ones that went public in 2020 or after. 95% of the SPACs being reviewed have likely never even had an earnings report.

I mean this has been one of the best/hottest IPO related markets over the past year so of course it looks good when none of the companies have even been around long enough to prove their valuations.

I still think that chart is going to look terrible for people still holding most of these SPAC companies in a few years. I’d be very inclined to take the money and run unless you believe in the company. Even if you do, that company could still disappoint because valuations are really high right now in this sector.

Doesn’t mean I’m negative as I still own a bunch, but it’s going to be a fun look at 2020-2021 in 5 years.

For any of the Chamath fans who want a shot at his non-Sofi SPACs a little cheaper than they are today:

Downside risk, obviously, is that the stock is below that $15.30 price by then. But if you were thinking about buying it at $16 anyway...
I'm tracking this one too.  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-battery-metals-corporation-announces-133000710.html

Nobodylikeschamath

Damn...I know its peanuts to some of you guys here, but I just had an over 3% day. So THIS is what it feels like. Of course that means the end is nigh.
Yeah, as someone who just started this in April of last year I'd like to know if this thread has always beat the market with the tips in here? Even in the big downturns and sideways type years are FBGers in this thread still killing it?

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Added chunk of UVXY and TZA plus a little more GBTC on the dip 
I'M TIRED OF TRICKLING IN TO UVXY
Finished building my position in UVXY today with a final block right at $10, overall cost basis is $10.24.  Of course it's currently at its 52 week low, and below $10 for the first time ever (I think).  But I'm not as all in as some of you at just 10% of that account.

I also picked up GBTC last week in my Roth, good start there!

Of course I almost bought some actual BTC yesterday, set up my Coinbase account and a wallet on blockchain.com but didn't pull the trigger figuring I'd wait for a pullback.  Whoops.

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
I'm beans deep in AMZN and GOOGL ....

but I just dipped my big toe into the crypto pool ...

500 RIOT Filled & order in for 250 GBTC 

Very late to the party, I know .... but if Musk is throwing a bizzillion at it, I'll nibble.
Up $3200 with RIOT at closing .. and $500 with GBTC 

Not awful for being the last guy here to buy in.

Thanks for giving me the nudge that I needed to get in this crypto game.

LGVW up huge today - nice to see after some downward trends - all I could find was more Cathie Woods buys into it....

Speaking of - Woods bought 2.1 million of SNAP on Friday - that is an insane amount - if she has that kind of conviction, is it a no brainer that I should be opening a position?

UVXY under $10 for the first time in years. Definitely more than 3, maybe 5, hard to read the 5yr charts
IMO you can't trust long term levered fund, charts. There's usually a lot of decay, reverse splits, etc., that needs to be taken into account. 

Best of luck to you!

Rumors brewing that Apple might be next one in on the bitcoin wagon.  Really no excuse to not at least have it incorporated into their iphone wallets at this point.

With 200 million in daily cash flow, even a 5% or 10% treasury allocation would jump the price 5 figures in a few days.

This Tesla news was the best thing to happen to bitcoin prices since the grayscale trust.  1400+ other public companies just attended the same microstrategy conference that Tesla's treasury head did. 

The flood gates are open, it's a new dawn for crypto!

Could be dilution, could just be that they suck at this. If you want a post-merger SPAC to pop, it seems like it really has to be seen as exciting and part of a rapid growth industry.

You get things like SKLZ (gaming and gambling), DKNG (online gambling), all of the EV-related ones and certain healthcare/biopharm if they seem forward-looking.

These guys picked Hostess and UWM - cupcakes and mortgages. Meh.
UTZ is doing OK and its about as boring as Hostess, but I get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread