Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3434

  • BassNBrew

    3306

  • Capella

    2076

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I am curious though just how much purchase volume there has been using bitcoin/crypto.  Like who uses it to actually purchase things?

I don't know that it matters much...it's not like people are purchasing things with gold...sans John Wick of course.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I am curious though just how much purchase volume there has been using bitcoin/crypto.  Like who uses it to actually purchase things?

It's a diversification of their assets on their balance sheet. They think it is a smart place to keep their money. Square has also done this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I am curious though just how much purchase volume there has been using bitcoin/crypto.  Like who uses it to actually purchase things?

Same as my gold eagles. I don't spend them I put them in a  safety deposit box and hope for appreciation. Only diff is btc has the box and you hold the key.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hooter311 said:

This one of the main reasons I switched from mainly holding crypto to holding crypto stocks.

In 2017 I wrote the only 7 figure check of my life, payable to the IRS.

They are going to be looking for people to make examples of. 

Hopefully it's just like Ja Rule or someone and not one of the cool kids...

 

 

☺️Was pretty much like 60-70% crypto including ETH but after heard the Tesla news yesterday before it even broke on Twitter and Bloomberg that solidified by faith even more and went to almost full btc of my investments but mostly RIOT, MARA, and MSTR premarket yesterday. Looking forward what this year brings from it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JAA said:
42 minutes ago, urbanhack said:
1 hour ago, JAA said:

Went into my 3rd MJ stock with BLDV.  I wanted to get into a penny stock with a huge upside.  While this is a huge risky play, Im optimistic this company, which already has over 1mil in revenue and trying to do a stock by-back, will see some significant growth over the coming weeks/months.  I believe this will be a short and high risk hold, but one im not sure I would worry about holding the bag on.

I'm still pimping STMH.  They are vertically integrated and just purchased a delivery platform so they can literally control the entire supply chain from genetics, growing all the way to retail delivery to the consumer doorstep.  I got in at $0.60 but it's still under $1.

Expand  

Looks like it wants to build some momentum.  Ill keep checking it out.  The more and more I read about BLDV it will be a short ride for the interim MJ gains.

Took a small position in this one.  I like that they can operate in many states, yet are only currently in 3.  Also, they have existing product/brands and are looking to expand.  Also, they have at least 50 employees, where BLDV has less than 10.

I think we have to ask ourselves if MJ is close to saturation yet.  I think we all know the answer is a resounding "No".  In addition, I find it hard to believe that we will be getting less MJ over the next couple years.  Based on this it makes sense to ride out the growth with some solid MJ investments (my favorite being AYRWF) and also getting in on some pinks which could be huge gainers.

:2cents:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Anybody still in SDGR? People treating it as a long-term hold? So tempting to take the short-term returns on it, but I don't want to IMMR it either.

I am, planning to hold long term. Have 100 shares, cost basis of 64, been a nice run so far, but seems like a good future hold.

Edited by stbugs
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, Lacey said:

Yeah, HVBTF, SI, GBTC, and HUTMF have been quite ugly to look at on my screen the last 2 days.

🚀 This one turned around fast.

Also, too: $AYRWF. What a ride.

  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JAA said:

Took a small position in this one.  I like that they can operate in many states, yet are only currently in 3.  Also, they have existing product/brands and are looking to expand.  Also, they have at least 50 employees, where BLDV has less than 10.

I think we have to ask ourselves if MJ is close to saturation yet.  I think we all know the answer is a resounding "No".  In addition, I find it hard to believe that we will be getting less MJ over the next couple years.  Based on this it makes sense to ride out the growth with some solid MJ investments (my favorite being AYRWF) and also getting in on some pinks which could be huge gainers.

:2cents:

:wub: 

I ain't selling until we hit the big exchanges. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Any recent thoughts on XLNX/AMD? I know a few here have held these for a bit. 

Still holding. XLNX is valued at $157 based on the deal and AMD's price right now so it's like an 11% pop when it changes over. Not sure when that will be, but I like AMD and while 11% seems like a terrible return these days, it's not a bad return for the 100 shares, so I'll sit tight to get the full premium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Also, too: $AYRWF. What a ride.

It has turned into > 10% of my TD account.  Im at 110%, super happy finding that one here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I am, planning to hold long term. Have 100 shares, cost basis of 64, been a nice run so far, but seems like a good future hold.

That's the way I've been thinking about it, but there's always something tempting about the unexpectedly quick return.

Almost exactly the same position, fwiw. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JAA said:

It has turned into > 10% of my TD account.  Im at 110%, super happy finding that one here!

It's my biggest position. Should be getting even bigger soon once the $LHSIF I've been buying for the arb convert. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Another twist to this, is that the majority were being supported by entitlements (medicare/social security etc.).

It's a huge boost to the govt, and economy when non-working/producing persons pass.  In addition to the savings/inheritance liquidity mentioned above...govt gets a huge chunk of that too via taxes.

It's a silver lining of sorts...one that we would rather not have of course.

 

I think you have a more accurate picture. While there is some inheritance, likely dwarfed by the stimulus checks, about 35% of the COVID deaths were due to nursing homes (and sometimes staff). You are talking about $70-100k a year in costs covered by the government, children or estates. That's $7B a year on the low end.

I also recall hearing that lower income areas were hit really hard by COVID. I know we get the anecdotes, but I don't think the end result is a flurry of inheritance going into the stock market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Appreciate it guys, looking at the chart am I too late to the party or good to have some exposure you think?

I don't think it's too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BLDV up 15% for me.  OTC says your welcome, but I don't see any market indicators for why its going to continue.  YMMV

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, identikit said:

I don't think it's too late.

I’ve been Bogle searching and I’m reading you need to buy on Coinbase and it’s best to hold in non taxable account which I already contributed to. :cry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Appreciate it guys, looking at the chart am I too late to the party or good to have some exposure you think?

At this point, I think even the most conservative portfolios should be 10% btc, eth, or GBTC

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CowboyFan4822 said:

☺️Was pretty much like 60-70% crypto including ETH but after heard the Tesla news yesterday before it even broke on Twitter and Bloomberg that solidified by faith even more and went to almost full btc of my investments but mostly RIOT, MARA, and MSTR premarket yesterday. Looking forward what this year brings from it.

See you on the moon or the soup line!

I don't much care for soup.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wild Young Billy said:
10 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Yolo? 

More like MOGO!

 

Am I right?

MOGO like a MOFO

What do people like about MOGO?  Their business model is to secure loans?  Where is the growth?  What do they do better than anyone else?

Or maybe this is just about the tendies

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAA said:

What do people like about MOGO?  Their business model is to secure loans?  Where is the growth?  What do they do better than anyone else?

Or maybe this is just about the tendies

They invested 1.5 billion in btc in December, so they got that going for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Same as my gold eagles. I don't spend them I put them in a  safety deposit box and hope for appreciation. Only diff is btc has the box and you hold the key.

The story of the guy losing his password to bitcoin gave me all sorts of anxiety I never knew existed.  What a nightmare.  At least you can TNT  your strong box to get the gold eagles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

The story of the guy losing his password to bitcoin gave me all sorts of anxiety I never knew existed.  What a nightmare.  At least you can TNT  your strong box to get the gold eagles.

Putting btc in a self destruct drive was probably about the dumbest thing a guy could do.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hooter311 said:
14 minutes ago, JAA said:

What do people like about MOGO?  Their business model is to secure loans?  Where is the growth?  What do they do better than anyone else?

Or maybe this is just about the tendies

They invested 1.5 billion in btc in December, so they got that going for them.

So why not just go invest in BTC?  What's special about MOGO?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAA said:

So why not just go invest in BTC?  What's special about MOGO?

The leverage that comes with owning 3 billion of an asset.

 

Doing the same thing backing MSTR as well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAA said:

So why not just go invest in BTC?  What's special about MOGO?

I hate to be a broken record, but I'm going promote Blockfi again. They are paying 6% interest in bitcoin for buying and keeping your bitcoin there. And if you are interested, please use my referral code:  https://blockfi.com/?ref=94b762a3   :excited:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, randall146 said:

Can we talk that through a little more? 

The stimulus checks should add to consumer spending, but the percent of people qualified to receive a check who also invest should be pretty small, so would the checks really increase the demand side on investments? 

Have they decided the criteria yet? I know there's talk but it hasn't happened to my knowledge.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

At this point, I think even the most conservative portfolios should be 10% btc, eth, or GBTC

10% seems like a lot to me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

10% seems like a lot to me.

Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

10% seems like a lot to me.

It may have been before yesterday's Tesla announcement.  At this point we are past the point of no return.  Even if all hell breaks loose every where, there is no scenario I can think of that would prevent it reaching 6 figures in the next 4 years.

 

I think it happens in the next 6 months, but I realize nobody wants to hear an ultra bull day in and day out.

 

Inflation is coming.  Bitcoin is finite.  Crypto is here to stay.  Negative interest rates and a war on cash aren't science fiction anymore.  Blockchain is the most important invention since the printing press.

 

I'll tone it down to 3%...and that would be for someone who doesn't use the internet.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.

See, I'm holding long term so I want the price to go down, a lot, so I can buy more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

10% seems like a lot to me.

Initially I was at 5...but it's ran so much I'm up to 10 simply because it's outganining everything else...signficantly.

 

Tom Lee upped his BTC price forecast to 100K for 20201.  Food for thought.

 

Edited by TripItUp
Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree about FOMO, we are just getting started.  8k+ corporations attended microstrategy's conference on adapting to btc as a treasury asset.

 

Look at the stock prices of the companies that have already adopted it.  How are other companies going to explain to their shareholders that they aren't doing allocating even 2%.

https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/microstrategys-bitcoin-for-corporations-attracted-8197-attendees/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.

It might be cyclical, but btc has never been a pump and dump.

Every single person that has bought it before today is in the green and that's over the last decade.

 

 

Eta: I'm throwing out the same valuations as shops like jp morgan and citibank, it's not like I'm trying to convince people that a shop in the mall is worth 20 billion.

Edited by hooter311
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

It may have been before yesterday's Tesla announcement.  At this point we are past the point of no return.  Even if all hell breaks loose every where, there is no scenario I can think of that would prevent it reaching 6 figures in the next 4 years.

 

I think it happens in the next 6 months, but I realize nobody wants to hear an ultra bull day in and day out.

 

Inflation is coming.  Bitcoin is finite.  Crypto is here to stay.  Negative interest rates and a war on cash aren't science fiction anymore.  Blockchain is the most important invention since the printing press.

 

I'll tone it down to 3%...and that would be for someone who doesn't use the internet.

*pulls up a chair*. I’ll listen 😅

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ARK Big Ideas presentation from last month says the following:

"According to our research, if all S&P 500 companies were to allocate 1% of their cash to bitcoin,1 its price could increase by approximately $40,000."

Tesla taking this step is a big one.

[Btw, it asserts that if those same companies increased their btc allocation to 10% of their cash, btc price would increase by $400k...]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.

So you don't buy the narrative that other corporations will follow suit and put a portion of their balance sheet into BTC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are underestimating just how much blockchain technology is going to change the world.

It's going to be implemented in everything from gambling, banking, art, trading cards, gaming, anything and everything that a ledger, transparency, and scarcity would have any use.

 

And bitcoin is the big daddy.  Try not to look at it as anything but a store of value at this point if that helps.  This next generational wave of wealth transfer is gonna be huge. My own father the other day grumbled "and what's bitcoin in the end? Just a piece of iron!"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

It may have been before yesterday's Tesla announcement.  At this point we are past the point of no return.  Even if all hell breaks loose every where, there is no scenario I can think of that would prevent it reaching 6 figures in the next 4 years.

 

I think it happens in the next 6 months, but I realize nobody wants to hear an ultra bull day in and day out.

 

Inflation is coming.  Bitcoin is finite.  Crypto is here to stay.  Negative interest rates and a war on cash aren't science fiction anymore.  Blockchain is the most important invention since the printing press.

 

I'll tone it down to 3%...and that would be for someone who doesn't use the internet.

For those of us that can't afford a bitcoin and especially those of us who can't figure out how to buy a bitcoin, is playing stocks like DMGGF or Hive Blockchain the next best things?  Because I do want some torque related to bitcoin, but I'm still confused and frightened of the whole thing.  Like, I still don't know what it is.  In my head, it's like a mushroom that comes out of a brick when Mario's head hits it.


That's all I got. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...