What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (26 Viewers)

Went into my 3rd MJ stock with BLDV.  I wanted to get into a penny stock with a huge upside.  While this is a huge risky play, Im optimistic this company, which already has over 1mil in revenue and trying to do a stock by-back, will see some significant growth over the coming weeks/months.  I believe this will be a short and high risk hold, but one im not sure I would worry about holding the bag on.
I'll ride shotgun on this one.  :hifive:
FYI - the more and more I read is that this will not be a high growth stock, more of a long term slow and steady.  I will be re-evaluating on a weekly basis.  It is up 8% today so ...

Went into my 3rd MJ stock with BLDV.  I wanted to get into a penny stock with a huge upside.  While this is a huge risky play, Im optimistic this company, which already has over 1mil in revenue and trying to do a stock by-back, will see some significant growth over the coming weeks/months.  I believe this will be a short and high risk hold, but one im not sure I would worry about holding the bag on.
I'm still pimping STMH.  They are vertically integrated and just purchased a delivery platform so they can literally control the entire supply chain from genetics, growing all the way to retail delivery to the consumer doorstep.  I got in at $0.60 but it's still under $1.
Looks like it wants to build some momentum.  Ill keep checking it out.  The more and more I read about BLDV it will be a short ride for the interim MJ gains.

I am curious though just how much purchase volume there has been using bitcoin/crypto.  Like who uses it to actually purchase things?
It's a diversification of their assets on their balance sheet. They think it is a smart place to keep their money. Square has also done this.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I am curious though just how much purchase volume there has been using bitcoin/crypto.  Like who uses it to actually purchase things?
Same as my gold eagles. I don't spend them I put them in a  safety deposit box and hope for appreciation. Only diff is btc has the box and you hold the key.

hooter311 said:
This one of the main reasons I switched from mainly holding crypto to holding crypto stocks.

In 2017 I wrote the only 7 figure check of my life, payable to the IRS.

They are going to be looking for people to make examples of. 

Hopefully it's just like Ja Rule or someone and not one of the cool kids...
☺️Was pretty much like 60-70% crypto including ETH but after heard the Tesla news yesterday before it even broke on Twitter and Bloomberg that solidified by faith even more and went to almost full btc of my investments but mostly RIOT, MARA, and MSTR premarket yesterday. Looking forward what this year brings from it.

1 hour ago, JAA said:
I'm still pimping STMH.  They are vertically integrated and just purchased a delivery platform so they can literally control the entire supply chain from genetics, growing all the way to retail delivery to the consumer doorstep.  I got in at $0.60 but it's still under $1.
Expand  
Looks like it wants to build some momentum.  Ill keep checking it out.  The more and more I read about BLDV it will be a short ride for the interim MJ gains.
Took a small position in this one.  I like that they can operate in many states, yet are only currently in 3.  Also, they have existing product/brands and are looking to expand.  Also, they have at least 50 employees, where BLDV has less than 10.

I think we have to ask ourselves if MJ is close to saturation yet.  I think we all know the answer is a resounding "No".  In addition, I find it hard to believe that we will be getting less MJ over the next couple years.  Based on this it makes sense to ride out the growth with some solid MJ investments (my favorite being AYRWF) and also getting in on some pinks which could be huge gainers.

:2cents:

From clubhouse room:  GILT as potentially being part of the ARK space ETF when it launches.  It’s #1 holding of UFO ETF (biggest space etf before ark overtakes that space)

Anybody still in SDGR? People treating it as a long-term hold? So tempting to take the short-term returns on it, but I don't want to IMMR it either.
I am, planning to hold long term. Have 100 shares, cost basis of 64, been a nice run so far, but seems like a good future hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a small position in this one.  I like that they can operate in many states, yet are only currently in 3.  Also, they have existing product/brands and are looking to expand.  Also, they have at least 50 employees, where BLDV has less than 10.

I think we have to ask ourselves if MJ is close to saturation yet.  I think we all know the answer is a resounding "No".  In addition, I find it hard to believe that we will be getting less MJ over the next couple years.  Based on this it makes sense to ride out the growth with some solid MJ investments (my favorite being AYRWF) and also getting in on some pinks which could be huge gainers.

:2cents:
:wub:  

I ain't selling until we hit the big exchanges. 

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Any recent thoughts on XLNX/AMD? I know a few here have held these for a bit. 
Still holding. XLNX is valued at $157 based on the deal and AMD's price right now so it's like an 11% pop when it changes over. Not sure when that will be, but I like AMD and while 11% seems like a terrible return these days, it's not a bad return for the 100 shares, so I'll sit tight to get the full premium.

I am, planning to hold long term. Have 100 shares, cost basis of 64, been a nice run so far, but seems like a good future hold.
That's the way I've been thinking about it, but there's always something tempting about the unexpectedly quick return.

Almost exactly the same position, fwiw. 

Another twist to this, is that the majority were being supported by entitlements (medicare/social security etc.).

It's a huge boost to the govt, and economy when non-working/producing persons pass.  In addition to the savings/inheritance liquidity mentioned above...govt gets a huge chunk of that too via taxes.

It's a silver lining of sorts...one that we would rather not have of course.
I think you have a more accurate picture. While there is some inheritance, likely dwarfed by the stimulus checks, about 35% of the COVID deaths were due to nursing homes (and sometimes staff). You are talking about $70-100k a year in costs covered by the government, children or estates. That's $7B a year on the low end.

I also recall hearing that lower income areas were hit really hard by COVID. I know we get the anecdotes, but I don't think the end result is a flurry of inheritance going into the stock market.

☺️Was pretty much like 60-70% crypto including ETH but after heard the Tesla news yesterday before it even broke on Twitter and Bloomberg that solidified by faith even more and went to almost full btc of my investments but mostly RIOT, MARA, and MSTR premarket yesterday. Looking forward what this year brings from it.
See you on the moon or the soup line!

I don't much care for soup.

What do people like about MOGO?  Their business model is to secure loans?  Where is the growth?  What do they do better than anyone else?

Or maybe this is just about the tendies
They invested 1.5 billion in btc in December, so they got that going for them.

Same as my gold eagles. I don't spend them I put them in a  safety deposit box and hope for appreciation. Only diff is btc has the box and you hold the key.
The story of the guy losing his password to bitcoin gave me all sorts of anxiety I never knew existed.  What a nightmare.  At least you can TNT  your strong box to get the gold eagles.

Can we talk that through a little more? 

The stimulus checks should add to consumer spending, but the percent of people qualified to receive a check who also invest should be pretty small, so would the checks really increase the demand side on investments? 
Have they decided the criteria yet? I know there's talk but it hasn't happened to my knowledge.

10% seems like a lot to me.
Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.

It may have been before yesterday's Tesla announcement.  At this point we are past the point of no return.  Even if all hell breaks loose every where, there is no scenario I can think of that would prevent it reaching 6 figures in the next 4 years.

I think it happens in the next 6 months, but I realize nobody wants to hear an ultra bull day in and day out.

Inflation is coming.  Bitcoin is finite.  Crypto is here to stay.  Negative interest rates and a war on cash aren't science fiction anymore.  Blockchain is the most important invention since the printing press.

I'll tone it down to 3%...and that would be for someone who doesn't use the internet.

Agreed, wish I jumped in during the Fall, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that much.

Honestly, what’s driving the price is purely more people buying it. Rather than sit in cash. Reminds me of the Silver TikTok I saw about how the price of silver (when WSBs was buying) would go through the roof if everyone bought some. This seems like the same type of situation where @hooter311 (he was correct and I may still take a plunge) is going to say 10% because he does know that he’ll make a killing if everyone did that. I don’t hedge with 10% gold today so it seems like a lot.

It is absolutely FOMO right now and Elon absolutely knows he can move the market so Tesla will profit by saying they are involved after they’ve already made a purchase. It’s interesting because on the one hand you want to get in on it but on the other hand it’s got all the signs of a pump and dump. Again, no offense to people pumping, but they are. I’m still a little sad that I almost bought but didn’t. I’d be pumping the crap out of it too if I had a sizable chunk.
See, I'm holding long term so I want the price to go down, a lot, so I can buy more. 

Initially I was at 5...but it's ran so much I'm up to 10 simply because it's outganining everything else...signficantly.

Tom Lee upped his BTC price forecast to 100K for 20201.  Food for thought.

It might be cyclical, but btc has never been a pump and dump.

Every single person that has bought it before today is in the green and that's over the last decade.

Eta: I'm throwing out the same valuations as shops like jp morgan and citibank, it's not like I'm trying to convince people that a shop in the mall is worth 20 billion.

It may have been before yesterday's Tesla announcement.  At this point we are past the point of no return.  Even if all hell breaks loose every where, there is no scenario I can think of that would prevent it reaching 6 figures in the next 4 years.

I think it happens in the next 6 months, but I realize nobody wants to hear an ultra bull day in and day out.

Inflation is coming.  Bitcoin is finite.  Crypto is here to stay.  Negative interest rates and a war on cash aren't science fiction anymore.  Blockchain is the most important invention since the printing press.

I'll tone it down to 3%...and that would be for someone who doesn't use the internet.
*pulls up a chair*. I’ll listen 😅

ARK Big Ideas presentation from last month says the following:

"According to our research, if all S&P 500 companies were to allocate 1% of their cash to bitcoin,1 its price could increase by approximately $40,000."

Tesla taking this step is a big one.

[Btw, it asserts that if those same companies increased their btc allocation to 10% of their cash, btc price would increase by $400k...]

So you don't buy the narrative that other corporations will follow suit and put a portion of their balance sheet into BTC?

Users who are viewing this thread