What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Bought some CMLF.  SPAC targeting life sciences companies that enable and support innovation.  Board of Directors includes Sean George, PhD, CEO Invitae $NVTA and Emily Leproust, PhD, CEO Twist Bioscience $TWST which are both large ARK holdings.
Took a flier on this yesterday.  Up 40% pre-market.  Am I seeing this right?  

Thanks for the post!

Bought some CMLF.  SPAC targeting life sciences companies that enable and support innovation.  Board of Directors includes Sean George, PhD, CEO Invitae $NVTA and Emily Leproust, PhD, CEO Twist Bioscience $TWST which are both large ARK holdings.

Took a flier on this yesterday.  Up 40% pre-market.  Am I seeing this right?  

Thanks for the post!
50% now.  I just sold.  Unreal how good this board is.  Thank you @Al Czervikfor suggesting this and thank you @rick6668for noticing this so quick.

So, you don't hold any?  Just a quick in and out and then hit the next one?
Yup.  51% in a day is too good to pass up.  Often I'll keep either one share for tracking proposes and might buy again on a pullback.  I'm sitting on post conversion prices of $10.10, $13.76, $10.05, $8.41, $9.28, and $24.09 for 6 SPACS I held after conversion.  Now I've sold others much higher, but there's no guarantee I'll see that price again.  I remember watching OPES run to $20 only to fall back and having to waiting almost 6 months to get a decent price on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Crypto has value just like the paper currency that we use every day.

A crisp $100 bill is useful for nothing ... can't make jewelry or conductors out of it ... ok, maybe to start a fire.

We can no longer take our paper currency to Fort Knox and demand our reimbursement in gold and silver.

It is perceived value. Everyone understands paper currency has value ... crypto is almost there. Just waiting for the big mainstream players to accept it.

I can't argue about the software ... bud I'd have to believe there are a bazillion safety nets in place to prevent issues. 
Who's go to accept a currency that fluctuates more in a week than their profit margin?  Imagine a builder signing a contract to build a house and then watching material and labor prices double in the time it takes to clear the lot?

I would argue the value of the dollar is that we express the value of Bitcoin in dollars.  The other issue is that there may be too much scarcity in bitcoin to be useful in a functioning economy.

Who's go to accept a currency that fluctuates more in a week than their profit margin?  Imagine a builder signing a contract to build a house and then watching material and labor prices double in the time it takes to clear the lot?

I would argue the value of the dollar is that we express the value of Bitcoin in dollars.  The other issue is that there may be too much scarcity in bitcoin to be useful in a functioning economy.
IMO it's becoming clear Bitcoin is a cryptoasset not cryptocurrency. Sure it can be used to buy stuff... so can gold.. but generally isn't ideal for that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bitcoin ate this morning's dip faster than I ate my breakfast.  Massive volume and a tight consolidation range over multiple days point to a looming price jump to the next level.  We may hit 63k by the end of the month.

Actually, the longer it trades sideways like this, the healthier that next jump is going to be.  

.... the issue that crypto is having is that banks are against it. It circumvents much of there services and fees ...exchange rates and such. Big banks will fight crypto till the end.
Let them.  They are destined to lose. The future is inevitable.

But seriously, thank you for all the different view points on the topic. I respect everyone's opinions on this board, and a lot of times even my arguments are more thinking out loud than anything.  I don't mean to ever come across argumentative, just love a good debate.

I hope we all get rich.....bulls, bears, zebras, wallabies, every one.

RE: Crypto discussion

Pretty sure Paypal charges me a small fee when I buy BTC or ETH through them.  $7-9 or something like that.  Like buying a pink.

If Big Banks choose not to get in on the Crypto, doesn't that just make it better for the Paypal's and future SoFi's?   

Anyone with thoughts on GOEV? This is definitely a disruptor in the market if their vision comes to pass. Even better if the ties to the apple car have a shred of truth.

Also, Rivian announced intentions to go public via SPAC potentially later this year. Big fan of their potential. I see them taking a huge chunk of the truck/SUV market.

Late to the party but finally got some RIOT at 37.67
Yikes. Wasn't this trading at like two bucks a couple months ago? I think so much has run too far, too fast and I'm scared witless to be buying into a bubble. Good luck, of course, but I'd play the opposite side of this trade if the puts weren't so darn expensive or if I had a margin account to short it.

Anyone with thoughts on GOEV? This is definitely a disruptor in the market if their vision comes to pass. Even better if the ties to the apple car have a shred of truth.
This is Canoo, right? Would be curious about this, as well, as this is the company I keep seeing REE compared to.

RE: Crypto discussion

Pretty sure Paypal charges me a small fee when I buy BTC or ETH through them.  $7-9 or something like that.  Like buying a pink.

If Big Banks choose not to get in on the Crypto, doesn't that just make it better for the Paypal's and future SoFi's?   
I'll say maybe. PayPal and SoFi depend on bank relationships for the checking/savings accounts and credit cards that they offer. 

Those that see promise in psychadelic therapeutics, MMED, TRUFF among others.  Have you bought into the PSYK ETF yet?  Looks like only available in Canada at this point.

Looking for other companies to add into this space so may take a basket for now from the ETF

I'm very convinced that the laws are going to loosen in North America in the not too distant future. Between the USA and Canada, the outlook on this is quickly evolving.  These absolutely will be used medically for treating depression and decriminalization is already happening recreationally in some cities. There will be companies that profit and since you can still get in on the ground floor with some that are positioning for this, its a very solid investment.

This is Canoo, right? Would be curious about this, as well, as this is the company I keep seeing REE compared to.
Yes. And it is setup as an absolute disruptor if it works. They plan to have subscription model leasing options and that has me very intrigued.

No revenue for another year, but everything about it looks like a success to me.

Those that see promise in psychadelic therapeutics, MMED, TRUFF among others.  Have you bought into the PSYK ETF yet?  Looks like only available in Canada at this point

I'm very convinced that the laws are going to loosen in North America in the not too distant future. Between the USA and Canada, the outlook on this is quickly evolving.  These absolutely will be used medically for treating depression and decriminalization is already happening recreationally in some cities. There will be companies that profit and since you can still get in on the ground floor with some that are positioning for this, its a very solid investment.

I had been following this ETF because I'm with you on the future potential and that it's going to shift very quickly. I have some TRUFF that I'll be keeping long term and have been looking to buy MMED but don't know of a US alternative to PSYK 😢

Yikes. Wasn't this trading at like two bucks a couple months ago? I think so much has run too far, too fast and I'm scared witless to be buying into a bubble. Good luck, of course, but I'd play the opposite side of this trade if the puts weren't so darn expensive or if I had a margin account to short it.
I agree with the bolder but couldn't disagree more with the rest of your post.  Never try shorting during a hyperbolic move. 

Bitcoin stocks are pretty easy to validate though.  RIOT is a world leader and being one of the first to the table is only going to open up more opportunities.  If they are mining 50+ btc a day, and btc hits 6 figures, you can justify any value you want.

$FLGT passed through $170 in AH, can’t ignore this anymore, trimmed 15% of my position at $170.10. My basis is low $40’s so even if this keeps flying, whatever. 
There’s that $FLGT pullback, finally. mid 160’s now, flailing all over the place.

Bitcoin stocks are pretty easy to validate though.  RIOT is a world leader and being one of the first to the table is only going to open up more opportunities.  If they are mining 50+ btc a day, and btc hits 6 figures, you can justify any value you want.
What’s the long term plan for these companies that exist mainly to hold bitcoin? Once all the BTC has been mined, then what? They just sit on it, trade it for growth assets, hand out lambos to shareholders instead of dividends...?

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I had been following this ETF because I'm with you on the future potential and that it's going to shift very quickly. I have some TRUFF that I'll be keeping long term and have been looking to buy MMED but don't know of a US alternative to PSYK 😢
Most of the companies on that ETF can be bought individually in the USA.

I'd like to have a few.  MMED is one I've been watching, would still like a pullback before adding.

TRUFF I really like and own but going to add a couple more.  

LKYSF (numinus wellness) is one Im adding for sure

What’s the long term plan for these companies that exist mainly to hold bitcoin? Once all the BTC has been mined, then what? They just sit on it, trade it for growth assets, hand out lambos to shareholders instead of dividends...?
Mining companies would still receive fees for validating transactions. 

I really don't agree with this, respectfully of course.

I ask myself what makes bc valuable?  The value lies in that its limited and untraceable.  That's it.  Heck, even gold can be made into jewelry and conductors.  Bc?  Not so much.

Finally, bc is only valuable when its underlying software is trusted.  Me myself being in software, I don't trust software.  I would advise you also to not trust software.  In an instant, bc could go to zero, literally zero, if a single technical flaw is found which erodes the trust factor.  Gold?  Gold will always have value.

:2cents:
Crypto has value just like the paper currency that we use every day.

A crisp $100 bill is useful for nothing ... can't make jewelry or conductors out of it ... ok, maybe to start a fire.

We can no longer take our paper currency to Fort Knox and demand our reimbursement in gold and silver.

It is perceived value. Everyone understands paper currency has value ... crypto is almost there. Just waiting for the big mainstream players to accept it.

I can't argue about the software ... bud I'd have to believe there are a bazillion safety nets in place to prevent issues.
We can disagree about $100 bill.  It is guaranteed by the US federal govt.  I good bit different than bc which is not guaranteed by anything.  It is represented by a piece of software that today people trust.

Regarding the bolded ... there are exactly zero safety nets for bc.  Zero.

Most of the companies on that ETF can be bought individually in the USA.

I'd like to have a few.  MMED is one I've been watching, would still like a pullback before adding.

TRUFF I really like and own but going to add a couple more.  

LKYSF (numinus wellness) is one Im adding for sure
Just bought sind LKYSF. Have also been looking for another dip in MMED, apparently I was sleeping during the last one 😢

With btc, every 4 years there is a "halvening" event where mining production decreases by 50%.  That has always triggered these massive cyclical bull runs.

The 21st million and final bitcoin won't be mined until 2160.  They'll figure out how to incorporate the ledger into something else by then.

We can disagree about $100 bill.  It is guaranteed by the US federal govt.  I good bit different than bc which is not guaranteed by anything.  It is represented by a piece of software that today people trust.

Regarding the bolded ... there are exactly zero safety nets for bc.  Zero.
Actually, there are two now.

Grayscale and Tesla.

$SNDL up another 23% in pre-market.
I think their market cap is too big for their stock price.  Im speculating retail investors are jumping in by the droves since its price is so low.  Also speculating hedgies are onto this which makes me think the price will continue to grow just based on this.  The question will be how SNDL mgmt will respond.  Need to see strong increases in revenue numbers or expanding of the business.  I have to believe this stock is heading to $15-$20 in short order.

Users who are viewing this thread