What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

Everyone wanting more info on bitcoin should go read the bitcoin thread. Great stuff in there and it's covered pretty much all of these questions and arguments over the years. Pretty entertaining too from an LHUCKS standpoint. 

I've quite a bit of MSTR, MARA, MOGO and some DMGFF (wtf?) so I was thinking get some more coins. You think go miners?
MARA has a cloud mining deals in place with DMGGF, which is actually the upline in the deal from my understanding. 

With that portfolio I would definitely add some more ethereum coins.  I personally am very, very, heavy in mara stock.

Hutmf is another bitcoin miner that was mentioned by someone yesterday here.

Everyone wanting more info on bitcoin should go read the bitcoin thread. Great stuff in there and it's covered pretty much all of these questions and arguments over the years. Pretty entertaining too from an LHUCKS standpoint. 
Yeah, make sure to start with the part where we all got laughed at.

😉

This morning's crypto dip seems like a good entry point.  Don't let the losses shake anyone new to the game.  Just remember nobody that has bought it before this week has lost money, the swings will strengthen your stomach a bit.

But be prepared to learn a lot more about greed than poverty going forward.

This morning's crypto dip seems like a good entry point.  Don't let the losses shake anyone new to the game.  Just remember nobody that has bought it before this week has lost money, the swings will strengthen your stomach a bit.

I'm actually thinking of going 10k of btc over 10k of MARA

I think their market cap is too big for their stock price.  Im speculating retail investors are jumping in by the droves since its price is so low.  Also speculating hedgies are onto this which makes me think the price will continue to grow just based on this.  The question will be how SNDL mgmt will respond.  Need to see strong increases in revenue numbers or expanding of the business.  I have to believe this stock is heading to $15-$20 in short order.
Sold half yesterday and bought OrganiGram.  Better business model, less debt. Motley Fool had a good write up on SNDL and the potential pitfalls.  

Those that see promise in psychadelic therapeutics, MMED, TRUFF among others.  Have you bought into the PSYK ETF yet?  Looks like only available in Canada at this point.

Looking for other companies to add into this space so may take a basket for now from the ETF

I'm very convinced that the laws are going to loosen in North America in the not too distant future. Between the USA and Canada, the outlook on this is quickly evolving.  These absolutely will be used medically for treating depression and decriminalization is already happening recreationally in some cities. There will be companies that profit and since you can still get in on the ground floor with some that are positioning for this, its a very solid investment.

My gut tells me that the vast majority of the population is not ready for psychedelics.  I am ready, just not the masses.

:2cents:

I think the outlook will shift when the laws evolve and they absolutely will medically.  Microdosing is going to be popular.  We are in the early stages here.
I've been both a micro and macro doser for my adult life.  The effectiveness of this treatment will overcome the stigma sooner than later.

I think more people would be willing to give it a try than you would think.

LOL, I was feeling a little jealous of some of these pops and sad that I sold FLGT (back in now) and TLRY for way too little. Then I realized I was up 5 figures this morning. I'm good with slower and still steady although anything over 1% a day is not slow.

And #### it, just bought 100 GBTC.

LOL, I was feeling a little jealous of some of these pops and sad that I sold FLGT (back in now) and TLRY for way too little. Then I realized I was up 5 figures this morning. I'm good with slower and still steady although anything over 1% a day is not slow.

And #### it, just bought 100 GBTC.
Should have waited til today.  I bought yesterday :angry:

We can disagree about $100 bill.  It is guaranteed by the US federal govt.  I good bit different than bc which is not guaranteed by anything.  It is represented by a piece of software that today people trust.

Regarding the bolded ... there are exactly zero safety nets for bc.  Zero.
Actually, there are two now.

Grayscale and Tesla.
They are not safety nets.  I cannot call Tesla and ask for my password to my wallet.  If someone fins a defect in blockchain and transactions cant be verified (for any reason) an individual cant prove the bc is theirs.

Yeah, make sure to start with the part where we all got laughed at.

😉
No one in this thread will laugh at you for your wins and all bricks of benji's you use to start fires.  However, discussing the risks of cryptocurrency in a stock thread makes a lot of sense.

Should have waited til today.  I bought yesterday :angry:
LOL, I go back and forth between euphoria and despair when it comes to stocks. I got out of FF a few years ago because I am way too analytical and like to review decisions, etc. Since the start of 2020, I'm probably up around 125-140% for my entire self directed portfolio (almost 90%). That's truly incredible and life changing, but I also look at the whiffs because they've been big because this market is unreal in terms of movements. There are so many way, way, way overvalued stocks because you've got a few million people shifting daily. It's amazing, but man, it helps to remember what my old buddy WhalesNKegs told me a year ago, you can't own everything.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Do you have a sub-penny stock you like in this space for a long term investment?
No but if you find one, will be interested in hearing about it.

In TRUFF and LKYSF for now, would like to add another.   MMED is definitely on the radar 
TRUFF is interesting.  Out of no where their volume is now over 2m.  Any idea what is going on here?  What do you like about them?

Do you have a sub-penny stock you like in this space for a long term investment?

In TRUFF and LKYSF for now, would like to add another.   MMED is definitely on the radar 
LKYSF seems to have a lot of resistance at 1.5.  Any ideas why it cant break through?  Why are folks down on its growth?

13 minutes ago, JAA said:

Expand  
TRUFF is interesting.  Out of no where their volume is now over 2m.  Any idea what is going on here?  What do you like about them?
Took a smallish position in TRUFF.  Im planning for this to be a long-hold, I havnt been square-dancing in quite a while.

Bought some CMLF.  SPAC targeting life sciences companies that enable and support innovation.  Board of Directors includes Sean George, PhD, CEO Invitae $NVTA and Emily Leproust, PhD, CEO Twist Bioscience $TWST which are both large ARK holdings.
Thanks for the rec, gb. Am I remembering correctly that you're in this space somehow? Any insight into the merging company? You have a plan with this?

Thanks for the rec, gb. Am I remembering correctly that you're in this space somehow? Any insight into the merging company? You have a plan with this?
You're welcome.  No, I am not in this space.  Just ran across the opportunity on teh Twitter.  I like what I have read and plan to hold (mostly on the ARK connection angle).

Some info on the merging company:

@sema4
·
1h
We are taking steps to become a public company by entering into an agreement with #SPAC CM Life Sciences (NASDAQ: CMLF). We expect this milestone to accelerate our mission to advance #healthcare via data-driven insights: https://sema4.com/news/press-releases/sema4-combines-with-cm-life-sciences/
Investor presentation if you like a good PowerPoint: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1818331/000121390021007928/ea135108ex99-2_cmlifescience.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... who am I confusing AC with? Someone else in the CYDY thread, I think. 

I only bought warrants, so I'm leaning towards trimming some with further upward movement and holding the rest to see how this plays out.

For those in $NGA. Apparently we're in the electric tractor business now. Yay?

Meritor Awarded New Business to Produce Electric Powertrains for Lion Electric

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Meritor, Inc. 

Feb 03, 2021, 06:45 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

TROY, Mich., Feb. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today announced it has been awarded a three-year supply agreement with Lion Electric, a Canadian manufacturer of medium and heavy-duty zero-emission vehicles. Meritor will supply Lion Electric Class 8 tractors with its Blue Horizon™ 14Xe™ integrated ePowertrain. Production is scheduled for mid-2021.

"Lion Electric is driving the future of sustainable mobility in the commercial vehicle space, and Meritor is proud to provide Lion Electric with electric powertrain technologies that meet the needs of its next-generation tractors," said T.J. Reed, vice president of Global Electrification for Meritor. "This award is a testament to the commitment we've made to investing in advanced technologies, so we can continue being a trusted partner and supplier of electrification technologies for the industry."

Meritor's 14Xe all-electric, fully integrated, commercial electric powertrain for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, will be produced in Asheville and Forest City, North Carolina.

• Thanks

👍 I'm now 0.5% in Bitcoin (went with GBTC and some in PayPal)

Anyone buying this dip?  I've been trimming some of the big runners so I have more cash than I planned to hold at this point, but haven't bought anything yet in case this is a multi-day pullback.

• Sad
Anyone buying this dip?  I've been trimming some of the big runners so I have more cash than I planned to hold at this point, but haven't bought anything yet in case this is a multi-day pullback.
I have some decent cash and am waiting. I’m plenty invested if that’s the wrong move.

I think their market cap is too big for their stock price.  Im speculating retail investors are jumping in by the droves since its price is so low.  Also speculating hedgies are onto this which makes me think the price will continue to grow just based on this.  The question will be how SNDL mgmt will respond.  Need to see strong increases in revenue numbers or expanding of the business.  I have to believe this stock is heading to $15-$20 in short order.
You are forgetting about all the potheads that can't afford more than a few bucks. They dgaf about market cap and stuff.

• Thinking
I was a BTC skeptic until 2 weeks ago.  I bought the dip and am up to half a coin on my way to a full coin in the next few weeks (I hope).

My big fear was always in it never being adopted beyond criminals, drug dealers and gamblers.  Now a more wretched hive has entered the space, Wall Street.  Greyscale PayPal square Tesla micro strategy all invested to significantly invested.  Micro strategy had a seminar on how to implement a BTC treasury and 7000 companies showed up including Disney and MGM.  Oracle is speculated to be next and for not shoddy reasons.  Anyone jumping in even in part is being rewarded by a valuation jump.  

In my unprofessional opinion the days of needing to worry about waking up one morning and finding out BTC went Bennie baby or tulip bulb are becoming less and less.  The chances that this moons to six figures is increasing every day.

major milestones

1 continued adoption on wall st

2 municipal adoption for payments (city of Miami supposedly going to start taking it)

3 A Wall Street bank holds it.  May not be the bank of Citibank but city Corp due to fed rules.  IMHO this would be a game changer

4 - and admittedly we are years and decades away from this - the US treasury adopts it.  This would be gigantic and signal major cha te to the dollar as reserve currency.  This is admittedly pie in the sky and decades out

Users who are viewing this thread