What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (23 Viewers)

Updated Holdings (sold my crypto that isn't in IRAs...waiting to see if I can buy at a discount)

IPOE (Stock and Calls)

Unity Software (Stock and Calls)

DKNG

CCIX

XLE

SBNY

SI

HZAC

Today started well in the red and bounced back a little.  Finished red on the day  but I believe in these holdings so I'm not selling this dip.(sans crypto)

The least confident in HZAC and CCIX.   Most confident in U and IPOE.

Last edited by a moderator:
"More people have lost money waiting for corrections and anticipating corrections than in the actual corrections."

-Peter Lynch

-McBokonon
In all fairness I'll probably buy more ARKG/F with some SI sprinkled in so it's not like I'm going to bonds. 

SNDL wow, 4.30 after hours.  So between it and TLRY when do you guys think is going to be a good time to get out.  Enjoying the ride but don’t want to GME it.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
SNDL was 4.35 when I first checked. Tried to sell. but PM not open yet. Now down to 4.10

I guess I'll sell out.

There is a pot stock that has not done the obscene raise yet: VLNCF

I'll be buying it on the open. It was a GM favorite not that long ago.

SNDL was 4.35 when I first checked. Tried to sell. but PM not open yet. Now down to 4.10

I guess I'll sell out.

There is a pot stock that has not done the obscene raise yet: VLNCF

I'll be buying it on the open. It was a GM favorite not that long ago.
I own more of timely than SNDL.  Probably take a few profits this morning but still think this has traction through Friday and maybe into Monday.

New all streaming ETF launched yesterday $SUBZ.  

-The Roundhill Streaming Services & Technology ETF (SUBZ) launches today (2/10).

-The ETF is the first globally designed to invest in companies in the streaming sector.

-"Media streaming continues to grow rapidly as more consumers abandon traditional media and subscribe to a select number of streaming services. This transition, accelerated over recent years, has taken place across multiple industries including video, audio, and even gaming," says Roundhill Investments Portfolio Manager Mario Stefanidis.

-SUBZ holdings from the start will include video streaming platforms Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), FuboTV (NYSE:FUBO), Spotify (NYSE:SPOT), Tencent Music (OTCPK:TCEHY), Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) and Tokyo-traded J-Stream.

hooter311 said:
Speaking of precious metals, how in the world are they going to have enough nickle to meet the valuation  of the new trillion dollars in EV companies we all of a sudden have?

Any insight on nickle miners?

Eta:. I'll go even a step further....I want someone willing to go harvest it from an asteroid Armageddon style.  Where's that stonk at?
Was reading of some guys adding $WWR as an EV/battery materials play.  They are a US based graphite miner.

$STMH looks like it wants to come out hot. It’s funny how it went up almost 20% yesterday and it was basically crickets in here because the market be crazy
Speaking of market be crazy, this is a fun read:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-10/crypto-mogul-bets-on-meme-investing-with-millions-in-gamestop?utm_source=url_link

TLDR version. Dude lost $8M on GME and went to Bloomberg to try and drive up support for meme investing. Same guy who’s cryptocurrency was panned because they plagiarized other coins’ documents.

Articles like this are that catalyst you look for to see if there’s a bubble be poppin.

$STMH looks like it wants to come out hot. It’s funny how it went up almost 20% yesterday and it was basically crickets in here because the market be crazy
When you guys says a stock is looking like it will go up, or that futures are up, is that just based on seeing that the bid and ask prices are significantly higher than the previous close? Or is there something else? 

When you guys says a stock is looking like it will go up, or that futures are up, is that just based on seeing that the bid and ask prices are significantly higher than the previous close? Or is there something else? 
A large dose of wishful thinking is often a part.

What I'm looking for is an upward trend, breaking through resistance. Like UVXY trading at 10.09 to 10.15 all day, then trading for 10.16, 10.18. This is not exact and different people interpret / forecast different ways. But this example is how I do it.

I use MarketWatch.com for premarket quotes.  Robinhood app also easy to use for the bigger ones.

In this case I’m looking at Level II and yes, the bid/ask is higher than yesterday’s close. I mentioned I wasn’t aware of brokerages allowing trading of OTC premarket but I should clarify I meant normal retail brokerages. OTC stocks are being traded by people but I’ve never really tried to figure out who or how.

Users who are viewing this thread