What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

FUSE and FCAC (was down until the CNBC interview) getting shafted a bit on their merger news.  

I really want a pastrami sammich from Katz.  That thing looked like an amazingly awesome heart attack.  I want 5.  
You can order a kit online, or so Facebook constantly tells me

I’m legally changing my name to Fiverr McCrowdstrike
Been a great stock so far. Glad I bought extra in the 140-150 range but damn I wish I bought even more.

Also, BL is a big overreaction. I honestly can’t tell sometimes. Beat top and bottom but you honestly never know what the reaction will be. Seems like if the stock has a following they will overlook the misses but if the stock isn’t a hot stock it can get hit hard for no reason. I got in much earlier so still well up but I like it long term so not really worried if they keep growing and beating. 

stbugs said:
Been a great stock so far. Glad I bought extra in the 140-150 range but damn I wish I bought even more.

Also, BL is a big overreaction. I honestly can’t tell sometimes. Beat top and bottom but you honestly never know what the reaction will be. Seems like if the stock has a following they will overlook the misses but if the stock isn’t a hot stock it can get hit hard for no reason. I got in much earlier so still well up but I like it long term so not really worried if they keep growing and beating. 
I'm grateful for the pullback. Been wanting in for awhile. Nibbled around 129, will take another look Tuesday to see if they get punished one more day. These guys are fine.

randall146 said:
Yup, I'm out
Still holding for now, just added some stops in case it totally fizzles. Doesn't seem like a bad company but people clearly wanted a more exciting target. We'll see if the investor-influencer crowd can put a positive spin on this over the long weekend. 

FreeBaGeL said:
I have a bunch of FUSE and was hoping for BlockFi.  Going to hold for now just to see what it does but will probably cut it soon.
I think this is what everyone was hoping - I posted somewhere on here earlier in the thread that the rumor seemed to be based on nothing but someone following someone else on Twitter. That was it.

Other baselessly rumored BlockFi SPAC partners that at least have hinted they will target fintech or alternative assets: AJAX, GSAH, AACQ and probably several others.

I think this is what everyone was hoping - I posted somewhere on here earlier in the thread that the rumor seemed to be based on nothing but someone following someone else on Twitter. That was it.

Other baselessly rumored BlockFi SPAC partners that at least have hinted they will target fintech or alternative assets: AJAX, GSAH, AACQ and probably several others.
I think it shows how good of a gamble these pre-merger SPACs can be though.  It's still up 30 cents from yesterday mid-day even on a huge swing and a miss.  So the rewards of a huge home run if it was something exciting, with the risk of flat or maybe small loss on something boring that no one wanted.

FreeBaGeL said:
I have a bunch of FUSE and was hoping for BlockFi.  Going to hold for now just to see what it does but will probably cut it soon.
Didn't last long.  Went ahead and cut this and used the proceeds on BL and EDIT.

Been quietly enjoying the OTC run-up.  Made good money on Drone OTCs (DFLYF, PLRTF, TAKOF) a couple weeks ago.  Currently throwing all my OTC play money into Shroom and Shroom related stuff.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

They've all already run-up some the last two days but I think there is still a lot of meat on the bone.  Usual disclaimer that these can all go to zero in an instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boring assssssssss TIN is starting to get a lot of publicity.  This article from Reuters is a good read and primer on why we might see some upward price movement in the metal.  Financial Times going to have an article out about Tin too.  Very few ways to play it, but I think AFMJF is worth a look if you're interested.  

stbugs said:
I'm grateful for the pullback. Been wanting in for awhile. Nibbled around 129, will take another look Tuesday to see if they get punished one more day. These guys are fine.
Today has knocked it almost all the way back to where I bought it. I like stocks where I understand the business and its benefit; my firm could get rid of a tons of people with software like this.

I'm out for now. May get back in if it falls to .08. I still think this thing has a massive enough backing where it could hit 25 cents, 50 cents, maybe even a dollar, but I'm just not sure. I was in really low so I had to take profits.
I just sold my last half for a 65% return. Thanks again for your recommendation, much appreciated.

Does this demand crunch/chip shortage basically mean TSM just keeps chugging along for the next several years without a breather? I'm sure it means opportunities for secondary players, but I can't see any way this is anything but a big win for them.

Been quietly enjoying the OTC run-up.  Made good money on Drone OTCs (DFLYF, PLRTF, TAKOF) a couple weeks ago.  Currently throwing all my OTC play money into Shroom and Shroom related stuff.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

They've all already run-up some the last two days but I think there is still a lot of meat on the bone.  Usual disclaimer that these can all go to zero in an instant.
Great call

Feel like the Reddit crowd will also love this one and they are not completely engaged yet.  

Regardless see a lot of promise in this sector, its just likely going to take some time for regulations to evolve in North America

Longterm great investment for sure

Does this demand crunch/chip shortage basically mean TSM just keeps chugging along for the next several years without a breather? I'm sure it means opportunities for secondary players, but I can't see any way this is anything but a big win for them.
TSM is the belle of the ball.  The entire world wants them into their countries building foundries and making chips on their soil.  

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

Already in these, not sure if I want to go from a micro to macro dose. I've got a little voice saying 'just do it, maaan', 'go deep'. 

Great call

Feel like the Reddit crowd will also love this one and they are not completely engaged yet.  

Regardless see a lot of promise in this sector, its just likely going to take some time for regulations to evolve in North America

Added more TRUFF today.  

And with snow and ice shutting down our city, I wish I had kept some of those magic shrooms I 'found' in the summer.  :kicksrock:

Guess I'll just eat edibles and drink hot toddies.  

Added more TRUFF today.  

And with snow and ice shutting down our city, I wish I had kept some of those magic shrooms I 'found' in the summer.  :kicksrock:

Guess I'll just eat edibles and drink hot toddies.  
Im surprised you can't go into a dispensary in Portland in buy some at this point.

There is already an underground "store" open in Oakland, poses as a Church

They got raided a couple of months ago and quickly reopened.  Blatantly selling shrooms and no one cares

Im surprised you can't go into a dispensary in Portland in buy some at this point.

There is already an underground "store" open in Oakland, poses as a Church

They got raided a couple of months ago and quickly reopened.  Blatantly selling shrooms and no one cares
Oh, I can get 'em anytime.  But I think after my last dalliance I might be done for good. :bag:

Buddy sent me this.  Not sure if this was mentioned here so my bad if honda

Putting this one on your radar.  Ticker VYGVF.   Voyager Digital is a crypto broker that routes commission free crypto trades to multiple exchanges for best execution pricing.  They pay up to 5.5% interest on Bitcoin with zero restrictions.  Trade and withdraw as much as you want.  They also pay interest on a bunch of other coins.  I was able to open, fund and trade with a brand new account in minutes on their app.  They posted 1000% growth and haven’t even expanded internationally yet.  I am ALL over this stock.  It’s popped a bit but you’ve hardly missed the party.  I will be buying in blocks until I hit 3000 shares.  I’m only a 1/3rd of the way so the recent bumps in price don’t phase me.  
Way late to this but I am liking this one a lot too thanks, easing into it as has lots of room to run IMO.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

Great call

I've been in TRUFF and RVVTF. 

I’ll watch. It’s not one of my key ones but  I got in at $92 so it’s done well, especially before today. I may add since it’s more like a half position right now. 

beef said:
If I changed my name to my three largest holdings I'd be Bigbank King Moonshot.  Maybe just go by Beefy Moonshot for short.  
SP500 Stagecoach McOily....technically across all my accounts. Danimer was above XLE for a while and FLGT is close.

OK - found my next sub-penny stock:  HVCW

This isnt like BLDV where I jumped in the 5 day pot bender.  This is more of a longish play in an industry I know some about.  Im not good as posting DD, but here is one from someone else:  https://twitter.com/PennytoDollaz/status/1357004125217513472 (for the lulz)

EDIT Looks like they sold this portion off recently.  I can say that the product line they are working on is needed in the utility sector.  Will it pay, dunno.  I bought a smallish stake today and will continue to dive deeper with the intention of buying more should the gettin get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
TSM is the belle of the ball.  The entire world wants them into their countries building foundries and making chips on their soil.  
Yep, another one of my long term holds. Got in a little below $90 back in October I think. Been a nice run for it and I see no reason for it to not continue for years.

Is anyone else's brokerage account tax statement taking a lot longer than you thought? 

Fidelity hasn't issued mine yet, it says it's waiting for information from YLCO. 

I remember the stock threads from like 2009-2010 when I had 100 Amazon shares at around $100 and I was hugely bullish. I think a fellow St. Louisan at the time was short. Damn, that was fun.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread