Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Wow I just realized MARA has 3 employees.  Maybe I'll just suck it up and start trading BTC itself more often rather than playing with that fire.

So 1B market cap per person?  Damn.

-------

On another note, I'm dumping CLOV and picking up GHVI tomorrow.  Like the company GHVI is picking up as a long term hold.

Edited by Sand
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sand said:

So 1B market cap per person?  Damn.

-------

On another note, I'm dumping CLOV and picking up GHVI tomorrow.  Like the company GHVI is picking up as a long term hold.

Yeah a friend of a friend I know has the full on mining setup in his garage.  Giant server racks full of like 50 of those NVidia GPU's that are like $1500 each just mining BTC/ETH 24/7.  Full-on liquid cooling set-up, etc.

He's just some 30 year old dude with a family doing it out of his garage.  Maybe I should tell him he needs to file to go public.  He could be a billion dollar company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, JAA said:

Anyone still holding ORRCF?  It was a recommendation here and I’ve done well being up 75%. Seems to have strong resistance now.  Volume seems really low. Time to move on?

Are you afraid of success?

Wake up JAA, wake the F up!  You are sitting on one of the best if not the best copper deposit in the world.  Let that sink in...let that sink in.  We haven't even gotten to the north and the north is better than the south and the south is so fantastic.  I'm not even talking about the Brazil zone which could change the dynamics.  Look into the clues.  No matter what milestone we reach, the stock is always on the rise.  It doesn't matter what your cost basis is or what some idiot sold it to you for.  It's OK to be optimistic about something that is realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N28MToLtLUA

 

 

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, jamny said:

I'm not in it but that's one I would be moving on from even with the low volume.

 

On 2/14/2021 at 12:10 PM, identikit said:

I was in then out of it.

As I recall, about 40% profit.

Good job on the 75%

 

 

175% here.  I'm not afraid of success.

Now watch this turn out to be a scam.  I probably should trim 40% and free roll the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Are you afraid of success?

Wake up JAA, wake the F up!  You are sitting on one of the best if not the best copper deposit in the world.  Let that sink in...let that sink in.  We haven't even gotten to the north and the north is better than the south and the south is so fantastic.  I'm not even talking about the Brazil zone which could change the dynamics.  Look into the clues.  No matter what milestone we reach, the stock is always on the rise.  It doesn't matter what your cost basis is or what some idiot sold it to you for.  It's OK to be optimistic about something that is realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N28MToLtLUA

 

 

Gotta love the college room futon and a trash can right next to it. Baller. Big Baller.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Gotta love the college room futon and a trash can right next to it. Baller. Big Baller.

Well he did say he's not afraid of success, not that he has been successful.  It's also much easier to WTF up when you're on a futon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

 

175% here.  I'm not afraid of success.

Now watch this turn out to be a scam.  I probably should trim 40% and free roll the rest.

Dude, in a couple years we are going to look through these threads and realize how many scams/frauds/horrific companies there were. Don’t be afraid of taking profits to make it a success.

Go watch the mover Boilerroom again. What’s the main thing they try to do to the whales once they hook them? Convince them not to sell so that the price stays high enough for the insiders to get out with maximum profit. Wish you guys all the luck on these risky stocks. Money can be made, but if there’s a dip they will go down much, much harder.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Dude, in a couple years we are going to look through these threads and realize how many scams/frauds/horrific companies there were. Don’t be afraid of taking profits to make it a success.

Go watch the mover Boilerroom again. What’s the main thing they try to do to the whales once they hook them? Convince them not to sell so that the price stays high enough for the insiders to get out with maximum profit. Wish you guys all the luck on these risky stocks. Money can be made, but if there’s a dip they will go down much, much harder.

I know, I should have cashed out of Amazon when Bozos started dumping stock to fund his rocket ship.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I know, I should have cashed out of Amazon when Bozos started dumping stock to fund his rocket ship.

At least you keep it consistent. You know what I really mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Dude, in a couple years we are going to look through these threads and realize how many scams/frauds/horrific companies there were.

I think most posters realize that right now. There’s just different tolerances for momentum trading, that’s all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stbugs said:
5 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Wow I just realized MARA has 3 employees.  Maybe I'll just suck it up and start trading BTC itself more often rather than playing with that fire.

Lol. I said that in the BTC thread, I think, hard to remember. I looked up some other miner and the number of employees was 1. When stocks like that are selling at huge premiums there is a huge assumption that these are real companies with great business ideas rather than a couple dudes with a bunch of racks of hardware. That dogecoin article was truly eye opening when the two guys seemed to wake up to the price increase stating that they need to make some updates since it hadn’t been touched in two years.

Had never heard of this company. That all sounds very odd.

Edited by Desert_Power
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

 

175% here.  I'm not afraid of success.

Now watch this turn out to be a scam.  I probably should trim 40% and free roll the rest.

Im holding. Honestly one of my favorite positions because they either are able to sell it or....not. No need to hand ring about it. I still think it’s cheap and, more generally, wouldn’t be selling anything commodity related in the short term. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

WSB Plantir DD

You guys think this is a good idea to open a position tomorrow? I know there's people here invested in it.

Might get newb WSB pump?

Didnt read the link, but I've been in and out of PLTR since IPO.  Personally, I love the stock long term, I am waiting until after earnings to add.

PLTR has been a WSB darling for quite awhile, including a bunch of losses, (which WSB also loves).

I would disregard the WSB pump, wait for earnings, and play long term as just a good stock.  That's what I'm doing anyways.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Had never heard of this company. That all sounds very odd.

Yep, an alert goes off in the back of your mind when you go to the company profile on Yahoo Finance and see 1 employee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

WSB Plantir DD

You guys think this is a good idea to open a position tomorrow? I know there's people here invested in it.

Might get newb WSB pump?

You can open a position with say 1/3 of what you want to buy. If it goes up, then your 1/3 was bought low. If it dips then you saved yourself some money on the rest of the buy. i bought PLTR at $21 and I should have bought more at the time. I will probably see how the earnings go.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Wow I just realized MARA has 3 employees.  Maybe I'll just suck it up and start trading BTC itself more often rather than playing with that fire.

Best labor cost to profit ratio in the history of the index. I don't think miners need secretaries and project managers. The washing of bitcoins this company has as says and the machine to keep them trying in,, there's something procative to like,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

WSB Plantir DD

You guys think this is a good idea to open a position tomorrow? I know there's people here invested in it.

Might get newb WSB pump?

I just added PLTR at 28.  Set the premarket limit about an hour ago.  I have another limit buy set at 26.60

Edited by beef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, beef said:

I just added PLTR at 28.  

Yeah, not surprising it went down. Honestly, even with $1billion in 2020 revenue, it was expensive at 60 times sales and growth at 33% over 2019.

It might drift lower from here. Probably more fairly priced around 25ish or 40 times sales. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I know some of you guys are in the TSP. They went over some complaints about it on Morningstar today:

Link

What the hell. The S fund is up 45% in the past 12 months. If somebody isn’t in that, that’s their own damn fault. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I know some of you guys are in the TSP. They went over some complaints about it on Morningstar today:

Link

Thanks.

I actually just initiated a transfer from my military Roth TSP to my IRA. Not because I assume the broad market returns will be better but I want more control and options over that portion. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Capella said:

What the hell. The S fund is up 45% in the past 12 months. If somebody isn’t in that, that’s their own damn fault. 

Do you follow the TSP Facebook groups? They're all about timing the market and are encouraging 80+% in the S fund right now.  Seems really high to me, but 🤷🏽‍♂️ (I'm 40/40/20 CSI)

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Are you afraid of success?

Wake up JAA, wake the F up!  You are sitting on one of the best if not the best copper deposit in the world.  Let that sink in...let that sink in.  We haven't even gotten to the north and the north is better than the south and the south is so fantastic.  I'm not even talking about the Brazil zone which could change the dynamics.  Look into the clues.  No matter what milestone we reach, the stock is always on the rise.  It doesn't matter what your cost basis is or what some idiot sold it to you for.  It's OK to be optimistic about something that is realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N28MToLtLUA

 

 

Thanks so much for the pep talk!  Made selling this more so much easier. The NorthSouth will rise again!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a sizable position in NPHC this morning. 

Im thinking I should head over to the pennystock thread. I’m searching for some triple 0 stocks I can go all lambo on.

👋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Thanks.

I actually just initiated a transfer from my military Roth TSP to my IRA. Not because I assume the broad market returns will be better but I want more control and options over that portion. 

Did not know you could do that.  Special military TSP rules or is this something than can be done with the civilian one too?    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Do you follow the TSP Facebook groups? They're all about timing the market and are encouraging 80+% in the S fund right now.  Seems really high to me, but 🤷🏽‍♂️ (I'm 40/40/20 CSI)

No I don’t but that’s not totally unreasonable. I am 60 S/ 40 C. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Do you follow the TSP Facebook groups? They're all about timing the market and are encouraging 80+% in the S fund right now.  Seems really high to me, but 🤷🏽‍♂️ (I'm 40/40/20 CSI)

That’s where “retail” folks always miss. They jump into the hot things after they’ve run up and panic too quick, buy high sell low.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Do you follow the TSP Facebook groups? They're all about timing the market and are encouraging 80+% in the S fund right now.  Seems really high to me, but 🤷🏽‍♂️ (I'm 40/40/20 CSI)

What is the reason for 80% though? Seems like a big run has already happened? They expect more? I believe C has outperformed S substantially over 10 years (before the last run up).

Edited by Capella
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Capella said:

What is the reason for 80% though? Seems like a big run has already happened? They expect more? 

Right. 

Note, these are market timers using TSP. 

I get that there may be some success with it but the TSP is one thing I refuse to time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, -OZ- said:

Right. 

Note, these are market timers using TSP. 

I get that there may be some success with it but the TSP is one thing I refuse to time. 

Yea I just keep mine some combo of C and S. Usually had been 50/50 but I do tinker those two at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, beef said:

Did not know you could do that.  Special military TSP rules or is this something than can be done with the civilian one too?    

 

You have to have left the service. No in service transfers.

So, I retired military. Can transfer the military portion. Can't transfer the civilian portion yet.

I was tempted to transfer my traditional portion but there's $20k in combat zone exempted funds and I'm not sure how the transfer would impact those funds. I know if I keep the traditional in, when I withdraw the CZE I won't pay taxes on that portion.

Edited by -OZ-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea I just keep mine some combo of C and S. Usually had been 50/50 but I do tinker those two at times. 

I do too.  I hate the L's and stay away from them since they're heavy in I and way too low on S for my liking.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

My main movers today: Frontier Lithium and Cobalt Blockchain.  Two pigs I refused to sell becaus i was so angry and disgusted with them I decided they needed to remain with me as punishment.  I sure showed them!  

:lmao: is there any upside to cobalt. I have a very hefty amount of that stock and it’s propping me up lately. I’m in the green! Never thought I’d see that again!

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

My main movers today: Frontier Lithium and Cobalt Blockchain.  Two pigs I refused to sell becaus i was so angry and disgusted with them I decided they needed to remain with me as punishment.  I sure showed them!  

I came here to post that my ####ty mining company involved with Cobalt seems to be making solid moves over the past couple weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

$143.42 ftw.

And I'm not the only one whose second action after looking at the chart was to click on his Profile and see what other pictures he's loaded there, right? Right?!?!

Sonofa...

FLGT is a bigger tease than my sophomore prom date.

  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...