What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Sand said:
Speaking of CCIV, CVII has just opened.  In my quest for high quality managers Michael Kline seems to now be a good one thanks to CCIV.  I hope CVII gets a nice push just thanks to the name, so want to jump in early.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SPACs/comments/lldg7a/recommendation_buy_churchill_capital_corp_vii_dd_2/

Probably selling JOFFU and RMGCU to fund this as I have too many of these things.  SFBayDuck, talk me out of selling those!
cvii $CCX is merging with Softskill.  Did you mean $CCV which is trading at $12.07?

Honestly, IMO, put anything long term into AAPL.  Nice dividend, safe AND great price appreciation.  Dabble in some of these spacs.  

I was adding NVDA and DIS last year.  There's a chip shortage, wouldn't surprise me to see NVDA hit $900 by the end of the year.  DIS has been awesome but moved too far too fast IMO.

Also really like and own AMZN, SBUX, ATVI Iand GOOGL. The last one for obvious reasons but a lot of people think that it will be chopped up making it even more valuable. 

Have owned NFLX forever and happy with it but not sure I would buy at these levels. 

EXAS as a gamble but potential grand slam. 
Feel like the chip shortage play should be TWS.  I mean, they're the king daddy of chip makers.  Right?  

I was waiting to make some moves in my IRA, but then CNBC had to have Cathie Wood on and she always gets me excited in many ways.  Added to ARKW, ARKF, ARKG, and in MOON (non-Wood, but last 3 months = wood)  

cvii $CCX is merging with Softskill.  Did you mean $CCV which is trading at $12.07?
CCX is the second Klein SPAC.  CCI is the third (Lucid motors).  CCV is the fourth - no target (480M size).  CVI is the one I talked about that just started trading (1.2B size).  

I sunk money into the bigger one.

Amazon keeping me not horrible today. After the last couple weeks, no worries. I should have jumped in a couple things earlier, effin work. I’ll wait to see if this cools off late or maybe extends a couple+ days. Definitely still a lot of froth around so who knows.

So I started dabbling in here about 2 weeks ago now.  Trading with ~4% of my total investment portfolio.  Had some winners and losers in these 2 weeks, but overall right now up 5.5% in those 2 weeks.  Mostly due to MARA and GBTC which I've only been in a week.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.  This has been a good learning experience.

Curious as to what everyone's holding are that are not doing well today.   I'm doing very well.  Todem's VZ I picked up last week helps too.

Question, I'm using Fidelity, I enabled Limited Margin yesterday as I was waiting for some sales to clear.

I have a decent amount of settled cash today, but the two buys I made today were on Margin, why did that not come from settled cash? 

Anyone else in here in HEC / HECCW?

The more I research the more I like this play running into the merger.

Curious as to what everyone's holding are that are not doing well today.   I'm doing very well.  Todem's VZ I picked up last week helps too.
BLDP, DKNG, GEVO( Though one is up big overall), KALA and SE are my duds for today.  But overall these have all been good to me.

BEEM is getting dragged down with TSLA it appears.  Might be time for me to exit that one completely.  I sold the rest of it in my son's account this morning, but we did very well on that one overall.  

APPL has been a bitter disappointment for me since I moved more $$ into that one, but I'm not the least bit concerned over it and will keep that position on permanently.  Might even add.  

CCX is the second Klein SPAC.  CCI is the third (Lucid motors).  CCV is the fourth - no target (480M size).  CVI is the one I talked about that just started trading (1.2B size).  

I sunk money into the bigger one.
It's CCVI.  You are giving me a headache son.

Question, I'm using Fidelity, I enabled Limited Margin yesterday as I was waiting for some sales to clear.

I have a decent amount of settled cash today, but the two buys I made today were on Margin, why did that not come from settled cash? 
For some reason Fidelity always defaults to a limited margin purchase.  You have to switch it to cash overtime you trade.  Major PIA.  I have several stocks on I bought with long term intentions on limited margin by mistake.  It's really not an issue but can lead to a warning from them if you get low on cash.

It's CCVI.  You are giving me a headache son.

For some reason Fidelity always defaults to a limited margin purchase.  You have to switch it to cash overtime you trade.  Major PIA.  I have several stocks on I bought with long term intentions on limited margin by mistake.  It's really not an issue but can lead to a warning from them if you get low on cash.
Thank you.  I was trying to find that option to switch it to cash, I must have overlooked it.

Been quietly enjoying the OTC run-up.  Made good money on Drone OTCs (DFLYF, PLRTF, TAKOF) a couple weeks ago.  Currently throwing all my OTC play money into Shroom and Shroom related stuff.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

They've all already run-up some the last two days but I think there is still a lot of meat on the bone.  Usual disclaimer that these can all go to zero in an instant.
@FreeBaGeL

Nice run on this one today.

Up a decent bit (~1.5%) today thx to GBTC / MARA / TZA / AMZN mostly, but CRSP and SQQQ doing a bit of work. 

SE / BLDP / MSTR / HITIF / BB / FLGT / and IPOE Options can eat my ### though :lol:  

Anyone else in here in HEC / HECCW?

The more I research the more I like this play running into the merger.
Online therapy? I could see that.

"What's your problem, Karsyn?"

"Well, I think I'm depressed as a result of spending too much time online. All I see are all these people off enjoying their lives on social media, and I'm stuck here watching it through a screen."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't hear that last part. A wave crashed on the beach. How about we get off our phones and do this through the app?"

Users who are viewing this thread