Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

2 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Pffttt, I’ve already laid out tomorrow’s clothes because I plan to forget the last 2 days tonight. Gonna need a breakfast beer on the way to the golf course tomorrow, my buddies are gonna lovveee picking me up 

I hope you're greeted with an "Aloha!"

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

On the bright side, after enduring a day like this, I get to go home, grab that cold beer from the fridge, and promptly finish painting my 10 year old daughter's bedroom as she jumps up and down on her bed asking me about 2,437 questions about painting.

What, you didn't let her paint?  Coward!

Oh, it's pink, right?

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

DO folks still like BNGO ?  (the stock, not the granny game)

It's still green on the 5 day chart, but has gotten whacked the past 2 days. Good entry point?

I actually stopped paying attention to it once I flipped it. I can’t say if this is a good entry point but today’s whacking was well below 10 day volume. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

PLTR now over $27 AH

Not quite that high anymore but nice if you got the high $24s at the end of the day. I added some more late in the day along with some U when I saw it was at $118. Missed it when recommended around $90, but couldn’t stomach when it was in the $145-$170+ range. Only 30 shares so 1/3 share to add to if it dips more. Both totally long term bets.

Edited by stbugs

38 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

What is an expectation for this (RIOT) to rise too?

I don’t think anyone knows but I miss those double digit jumps every day. Standard disclaimer because I know nothing, but I think you ether have to 1) go long and stomach the large swings because you believe in Bitcoin, or 2) try to ride the waves short term and get out when it’s up. I’m in camp 2 and I like low 50s right now for another run up into high 60s mid 70s. I think it will come soon. 

Also still watching TLRY and NNOX for another run up. 

Edited by Nick Vermeil
  • Like 1

@CapellaI was in the 2030 and 2040  lifecycle funds. So roughly 35% bonds (mostly G fund),and less than 10% S fund. I changed to 60/20/20, but I'm considering 50/35/15 based on your discussion earlier in the week. 

I'm frustrated that I waited so long to allocate, and of course stocks dip as soon as I stop protecting 1/3 of my account. 

Edited by randall146
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, randall146 said:

@CapellaI was in the 2030 and 2040  lifecycle funds. So roughly 35% bonds (mostly G fund),and less than 10% S fund. I changed to 60/20/20, but I'm considering 50/35/15 based on your discussion earlier in the week. 

I'm frustrated that I waited so long to allocate, and of course stocks dip as soon as I stop protecting 1/3 of my account. 

Frustrating for sure. I told a buddy to bump his C up this week and it’s down a few percent so I feel like a tool. But it’ll even out. Stay patient. 

1 hour ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I don’t think anyone knows but I miss those double digit jumps every day. Standard disclaimer because I know nothing, but I think you ether have to 1) go long and stomach the large swings because you believe in Bitcoin, or 2) try to ride the waves short term and get out when it’s up. I’m in camp 2 and I like low 50s right now for another run up into high 60s mid 70s. I think it will come soon. 

Also still watching TLRY and NNOX for another run up. 

After hours RIOT down to $57.75  −4.28 (6.90%)

4 hours ago, Sand said:

What, you didn't let her paint?  Coward!

Oh, it's pink, right?

You know that commercial, about people turning into their parents, and those guys are in the hardware store:

Dr. Rick: We all see it

Me: It’s blue.......

:oldunsure:

• Like 1

This probably belongs in the penny stock thread, but I don't frequent there and $FORT caught my eye tonight. Don't think I can trade it on TD, but probably is available on fidelity. 

Market cap = ~26 million

Cash = 7.4M

Bitcoin = 163 coins at ~50K = 8M

Mining ~.15 coins / day -> ~2.8M in revenue at ~50K. Operating costs of ~1M / year. 

Q4 financials should come out soon which may help it get 'discovered'. Fundamentally, I'm not sure it's a great biz, but compared to the other miners does seem to be undervalued. 

Caveat emptor penny stocks usually don't work - do your own diligence :)

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, Big League Chew said:

in on NPA   - space stock

Rocketship me to the moon Cathie 

Got in on Feb 1st and am up 38%+, but since Feb 9 it has been going down. Don't see any news about a proposed acquisition, but sometimes there isn't .  

Who is holding and waiting?

2 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Started positions in the following SPACs today, haven't sold any of my original positions...have taken an 8% hit the past few days...slightly down on the week.

GSAH

VUZI

SBG

AHAC

HAAC

GHVI

Why the interest in GSAH?  Made buys in July, August, and November in GSAH/U.  Basis is $10.48 but I haven't heard peep about it.  For once I've never sold a share but at +43% it's getting tempting.

1 hour ago, eaganwildcats said:

This probably belongs in the penny stock thread, but I don't frequent there and $FORT caught my eye tonight. Don't think I can trade it on TD, but probably is available on fidelity. 

Market cap = ~26 million

Cash = 7.4M

Mining ~.15 coins / day -> ~2.8M in revenue at ~50K. Operating costs of ~1M / year. 

Q4 financials should come out soon which may help it get 'discovered'. Fundamentally, I'm not sure it's a great biz, but compared to the other miners does seem to be undervalued. 

It’s not in the politics forum, we are the same dirtbags there as here

• Like 2

6 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

Market cap = ~26 million

Cash = 7.4M

I'm not seeing a FORT symbol???

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Found it...thanks!

You’ll need to make sure you have international trading enabled. Whenever you’re searching for a foreign stock you’ll need to add that country’s 2 letter code after the colon. Last time I tried to buy a Canadian penny stock (ZOMD:CA) they wanted me to call, too - I didn’t yet.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Just opened my eyes, and a quick look at premarket tells me I shouldn’t be afraid to get out of bed. Hoping its not a trick. 

Doesn’t look half bad. Almost seems like it might cancel out the last two days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Worm said:

Meh. Reddit has always like PLTR. It's nothing like the Gamestop squeeze phenomenon and making these comparisons is just dumb.

These articles have no idea what they’re talking about, but it’s also been a meh week and I’m in for a Friday gamble. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Dividends come off the stock price.  So if a stock is trading at a $1.00 and the dividend is $.05 you get the $. 05 per share and the stock will trade at $0.95

Thank you! The stock was down $3.36 per share yesterday. I think I'll buy a few to see what happens. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Freak Show said:

ALSN paying ex-dividend to those owning the stock before February 22?

@McBokononmentioned this stock a few weeks ago.

Does this mean buy?

The ex-dividend date for stocks is usually set one business day before the record date. If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. ... This means anyone who bought the stock on Friday or after would not get the dividend.

You won't get the dividend.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Worm said:

Meh. Reddit has always like PLTR. It's nothing like the Gamestop squeeze phenomenon and making these comparisons is just dumb.

It mentions that it's not like Gamestop's action but that it has passed gamestop as the most commented on stock. I'll take it as a positive.

• Like 2

5 Reasons to Buy Palantir After Its Post-Earnings Plunge

Those two red flags -- along with Palantir's high valuation and its upcoming lock-up expiration -- likely sparked the sell-off following the stock's meteoric rise over the past four months. Investors who missed those gains, however, should consider buying this dip for five simple reasons.

So has this happened or not?