What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

Don't think I'd be utterly shocked to wake up the day after Memorial Day and see DDD trading at $60.

or the Day after July 4 to see it at $100

or the day after Labor Day to see it at $200

It's just the kind of market we have right now.
And right on cue, the downward spiral begins!

siffoin, is ToG positive yet for Apple? You last update in late March had it moving that way, but of course April was very bumpy.

Has Apple turned the corner?

Don't think I'd be utterly shocked to wake up the day after Memorial Day and see DDD trading at $60.

They priced their new offering at $40. Probably not a lot of people in a hurry to run out and buy at $42

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Sacamano said:
BeTheMatch said:
siffoin said:

They priced their new offering at $40. Probably not a lot of people in a hurry to run out and buy at $42
When are people able to start buying those? And why would they offer it at $40 given where the price has been recently?

Replying to AAPL: The daily chart is bullish. However the 60m chart is bearish- meaning I think you could get a better fill in the near future. Support at $445-$435-$425 (all ish). Think zone not line in the sand. As a long term investment AAPL still faces some major hurdles- ie the weekly chart is bearish and it will take literally months before that could be resolved systematically. Resistance is at $495-$550. Considering the market right now is a Shock and Awe- technicals can somewhat be thrown out the window...especially with the potential of a parabolic move in the overall market. And that was kind of my point about DDD. In this market expect things to get wild. Example...I love TSLA. I want one. But up 40% in a couple of days...does that seem logical? I can remember buying the stock Redback Networks in 1999 for $50. I sold it for $175. I think it went as high as $250. By 2001, RBAK was $.15. So if one of you wants to go long Boo2.com. Who am I to say that's foolish. My Perfect Indicator has been bearish for a couple of weeks now. I can take it as far back as 1997...and a reading like this has never happened - (market EXTREMELY BULLISH while PI bearish) for weeks. It will be something of a study in hindsight as I can say "of course the PI was predicting the market decline weeks in advance" or "for some reason the internals of the PI were inaccurate". It gives me a lot of pause and caution because 90% of the time I'm 90% confident in my ability to navigate the trend under any time frame. Right now it feels like sailing into the unknown. In the end price and it's direction is king and the wind "seems" at our back.

My market opinion is cautiously bullish

Bob Sacamano said:
BeTheMatch said:
siffoin said:

When are people able to start buying those? And why would they offer it at $40 given where the price has been recently?
It's a secondary offering (think of it as a mini-IPO without the "I" meaning "initial"), the average Joe isn't going to be able to buy those (which is why others are willing to pay more than $40). They have to price it below current prices otherwise no one would buy the offering if they could get it cheaper in the market (plus the shares will be diluted some with the new offering).

For those of you who are interested (I have received a few PM's on the topic) My local Coin Shop had some junk silver in stock and he sold it to me at spot. I paid $173 for a roll of mixed 90% halves. Only thing is some dill weed broke out the silver cleaner on them - I got some Franklin and Liberties that look better then brand new.

Added another 65 DDD @ $46.20 for a total of 120 @ $41.25

Added another 300 IGR @ $10.00 for a total of 1585 @ $9.26
Damit, i missed the bell on friday.....bought 200 shares at 46.00 today. I also added another 200 shares of NTI (high yeild div stock). Really hoping that one is not a ponzi scheme. Plan to hold the DDD long term...

Slapdash said:
Haven't been following DDD, why is everyone here so bullish on it?
It's a growth play in a field that could literally change the way things are built in this country.

This thing is ready to say :bye: to a 40 handle.

And there it is.... $50

Got some DDD @ $49.75. Way later than I wanted to buy that thing. Was paralyzed thinking I missed the train, but jumped on anyway.

Got some DDD @ $49.75. Way later than I wanted to buy that thing. Was paralyzed thinking I missed the train, but jumped on anyway.
I bought at the bell @ $48.40. My 401K brokerage account was moved last month and I discovered that they needed a signed form for me to trade. That oversight cost me $18K.

Slapdash said:
Haven't been following DDD, why is everyone here so bullish on it?
It's a growth play in a field that could literally change the way things are built in this country.
I'd have to think on the business side, between where they're headed from an R&D perspective and how that ends up working itself out, to raising additional capital for more M&A to build themselves up (I like the acquisitions they've made so far), we have a ton of potential here for long term growth. They're really still in the infancy stages of their business from what I've gathered/read. Either they become a monster themselves over the long term, or make themselves an attractive takeover target and we reap the benefits as shareholders. Either way, I love everything about the potential DDD has after spending some time reading up on them. As a country, our manufacturers seem to be in love with any avenue that, for better or worse, lessens the impact of labor costs on individual businesses to get products to customers as cheap as possible. This business would be exactly that from an investment perspective.

:wub:

Thanks for the heads up to all in this thread :thumbup:

Damn.... and I thought we were all going to be rich.
Feels like the Harden 3 pointer from half court in the 2012 playoffs. Wall St. never loses.

I'm in this long-ish term, so no biggie until losses start to pile up.
This is where siffguidance should be helpful.

"Don't let a winner become a loser."

OK, some of us are up something stupid like 40% in like 3 weeks. What's your tolerance there? This could be a long-term hold for the potential it possesses. Given the nature of the technology, it could also be highly volatile. Do you look at dips as opportunities to add to your position? Do you set a floor in the 15% range and say I won't leave with profits less than that? Do you set it closer to your basis to keep from losing and give yourself more leeway for any swings that might occur? Balance exit strategy with potential volatitity.

Damn.... and I thought we were all going to be rich.
Feels like the Harden 3 pointer from half court in the 2012 playoffs. Wall St. never loses.

I'm in this long-ish term, so no biggie until losses start to pile up.
This is where siffguidance should be helpful.

"Don't let a winner become a loser."

OK, some of us are up something stupid like 40% in like 3 weeks. What's your tolerance there? This could be a long-term hold for the potential it possesses. Given the nature of the technology, it could also be highly volatile. Do you look at dips as opportunities to add to your position? Do you set a floor in the 15% range and say I won't leave with profits less than that? Do you set it closer to your basis to keep from losing and give yourself more leeway for any swings that might occur? Balance exit strategy with potential volatitity.
I think it is important to buy early at the beginning of a bull trend, and exit at the beginning of a bear trend. If you do that it would be close to impossible to have a big winner turn into a loser. If you believe DDD (or that sector) is THE future. You can still invest according to the trend. Think of it as Trend Cost Averaging (instead of $ cost averaging). Buy in the early stages of a bull trend. Take profits in the early stage of a bear trend...over and over. 2-4 trends per year and I bet you wind up with a pretty large collection of shares 3-10 years down the road...after the initial investment. That's how I look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread