What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Did anyone ever get around to posting a list of recommended follows on Stocktwits? I've got Lupton, but would like some more. It seems like a good way to gauge what's about to go on a FOMO run

Sand said:
I know why you bought GHVI.  Any thoughts on the others?
Here you go Sand, a group of college buddies and I put in some time reviewing all of the SPACs out there and after research these were our top picks that I currently hold.  With varying degrees of maturity and length of hold.

EXPC - Owned by Lupton and ARK, announced Blade as acquisition, should pop when deal is completed and ticker change.

TRXC - Owned by Lupton, who has been dominating the small cap growth stock scene...he just started a position a few days ago.

BZUN - Lupton says it's an easy double over the next year, chinese company, comparisons to Shopify

AHAC - Lupton added a few days ago, rumors about to complete merger

IPOE - Chamath SPAC that I have had quite a while and has been a nice gainer, SOFI was a perfect target and although has been flat I expect it could be a two bagger after all is said and done...heavy short positions currently.  Expect a pop when merger completes.  ARK has a position.

FUSE - Lupton was pretty empatic about this one, merger with MoneyLion expected to be completed.  Lupton just tweeted it's an "easy double"

GHVI - Announced matterport which was a hot target, ran quite a bit last week and was able to catch some of it.  Strong management team. 

GSAH - Goldman Sachs SPAC.  Rumors of reputable crypto targets so could run quite a bit and has been running.

HAAC - Lupton tail, started a new position last week.  Strong leadership team, the target is not known.

HZAC - Strong connected management team, connections to ARK and reputable fintechs

LEAP - connections to Robinhood, connected management team...has had decent volume

SBG - announced expected merge with Owlet, Lupton started a new position last week

VUZI - ARK and Lupton have positions which has been a guaranteed winner, ran for me immediately

CCIV - cat is out of the bag on this one, has already been running and merger announcement expected this week...will be a 2-3 bagger for me.

WARNING:  These are high risk/high reward investments and I'm not advising anybody to take risks they can't afford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go Sand, a group of college buddies and I put in some time reviewing all of the SPACs out there and after research these were our top picks that I currently hold.  With varying degrees of maturity and length of hold.

EXPC - Owned by Lupton and ARK, announced Blade as acquisition, should pop when deal is completed and ticker change.

TRXC - Owned by Lupton, who has been domination the small cap growth stock scene...he just started a position a few days ago.

BZUN - Lupton says it's an easy double over the next year, comparisons to Shopify

FUSE - Lupton was pretty empatic about this one, merger with MoneyLion expected to be completed.  Lupton just tweeted it's an "easy double"

GHVI - Announced matterport which was a hot target, ran quite a bit last week and was able to catch some of it.  Strong management team. 

GSAH - Goldman Sachs SPAC.  Rumors of reputable crypto targets so could run quite a bit and has been running.

HAAC - Lupton tail, started a new position last week.  Strong leadership team, the target is not known.

HZAC - Strong connected management team, connections to ARK and reputable fintechs

LEAP - connections to Robinhood, connected management teap...has had decent volume

SBG - announced expected merge with Owlet, Lupton started a new position last week

VUZI - ARK and Lupton have positions which has been a guaranteed winner, ran for me immediately

CCIV - cat is out of the bag on this one, has already been running and merger announcement expected this week...will be a 2-3 bagger for me.

WARNING:  These are high risk/high reward investments and I'm not advising anybody to take risks they can't afford.
Good read. Thanks Trip. I have several of these but may add a couple of the others

TRXC - Owned by Lupton, who has been dominating the small cap growth stock scene...he just started a position a few days ago.

BZUN - Lupton says it's an easy double over the next year, chinese company, comparisons to Shopify

IPOE - Chamath SPAC that I have had quite a while and has been a nice gainer, SOFI was a perfect target and although has been flat I expect it could be a two bagger after all is said and done...heavy short positions currently.  Expect a pop when merger completes.  ARK has a position.

LEAP - connections to Robinhood, connected management teap...has had decent volume

Thanks for posting! 

Did anyone ever get around to posting a list of recommended follows on Stocktwits? I've got Lupton, but would like some more. It seems like a good way to gauge what's about to go on a FOMO run
Sister has been following RainxMaker and making money every time she says. But looks like a day trader/ short term/ low price buyer and seller. He shows (spreadsheet) what he has bought and sold in the past. Guess you gotta watch his posts all day to know when to buy and sell. I bought one of his Friday and made 8.5%. 

Sister has been following RainxMaker and making money every time she says. But looks like a day trader/ short term/ low price buyer and seller. He shows (spreadsheet) what he has bought and sold in the past. Guess you gotta watch his posts all day to know when to buy and sell. I bought one of his Friday and made 8.5%. 
that's a good point...I'm more of a swing trade type because I have a day job and may have to go 2-3 hours without looking at stock prices.(but try not to :)  )

As a result I follow swing traders or those that hold longer more than the daytrade names.

I just read an article today that if China truly stops exporting rare earth metals to us, we won't be able to build F-15s. And a lot of other stuff, I'm sure.
Oh yeah, I mean there's a reason why REE went parabolic in 2011ish....China is not only the leading producer of REE but - and this is critical - they are the dominant PROCESSOR of REE.  

And what they've done historically is said to other countries "sure, you can have all the rare earths you want.  But you have to come into China, hire our people, let us steal your technology, etc etc.  Otherwise we can export the fully processed raw material with a tariff of 80-90% slapped on top.  Choice is yours!"

Rare earths are a hideously dirty group of metals to mine and environmental standards inside of China are a weeeeee bit different than those over here.  So yes, the US has some REE deposits, but God help you on the mining, refining, processing, waste disposal.  And, you don't just have US gov to deal with, you have states to deal with and in many cases, Native Americans who also want to discuss permitting or going across their lands.  

The looming REE shortage is a major problem.  And UUUU is a bit player on being a domestic source - they just need a processor to help them out.  

We are betting they find the right bed partner to help them along. 

Looking at @TripItUplist and will post notes as I go along.

This is a great, much appreciated list. I am not blessing or disparaging them, I will just be reporting my DD and initial takes.

AHAC - Love their product and future potential. There is the expected premium to pay since the merger has already been announced. Digging a bit deeper I see that a lot of their capital will be through PIPEs (Private Equity Public Funds) where shares are sold below market. One of the largest purchasers is FMS (Fresenius) a large, stable provider of dialysis, with very handsome metrics: a 2% dividend and a 13.61 P/E. It looks like it would be a very good addition to an investment portfolio, but with their stake in AHAC (Humancyte) should assure some of the HCAC profits flow their way, especially since they got in below market. On top of that, FMS is on sale right now. It was pretty much $42-45 since June and its around $36 now. In fact, its one of the few successful stocks that is still down 12% from a year ago. If it dips to $34 and stays there several days I'll be exiting pronto, as that would form a classic head and shoulders. But I do not predict that, just be aware of it. I'll be adding a chunk of this to my Rollover IRA for LT, as a method to beef up that section of my portfolio and still take a flyer on AHAC through their investment. It will not pay nearly what AHAC pays, but looks like close to zero risk.

TRXC

Could someone explain to me why the SP is $5.14 and their warrants (expiring 3/21) are $5.70. I guess either I misunderstand warrants or this pricing is nonsensical.

Thinking about buying a subscription to Barron's for a year. $52/52 weeks. Thoughts? I dunno. Maybe no better than what's in the FFA!

Also, I'm liking the idea of investing in infrastructure more and more. John Deere, Caterpillar. DE was up 10% on Friday though. CAT, some say, should have a rebound year. 

And looking forward to PLTR tomorrow aside from KGB? I got a feeling it's going to bump up a few more bucks.

Thinking about buying a subscription to Barron's for a year. $52/52 weeks. Thoughts? I dunno. Maybe no better than what's in the FFA!

Also, I'm liking the idea of investing in infrastructure more and more. John Deere, Caterpillar. DE was up 10% on Friday though. CAT, some say, should have a rebound year. 

And looking forward to PLTR tomorrow aside from KGB? I got a feeling it's going to bump up a few more bucks.

I really owe a bunch of what I originally invested in, to Motley Fool and then Todem's lists. BTW, CAT was on one of his lists. Several of my big hits were direct calls by the Motley Fool - Shopify, Appian, Fastly, Disney, Zoom, OKTA, Apple, Facebook, SE and FVRR. 

randall146 said:
That was me but not Stocktwits - Twitter.

Link to my current fintwit list

Mix of long-term, day traders, TV people, etc. I add and delete somewhat regularly, especially with deleting the ones that just seem to be shilling their newsletter without anything else, or those that think they're just giving critical life lessons. In any event, you will get good ideas to explore and see what's trending in retail world here.

I keep this list separate from my normal Twitter feed and I find I basically just stay here, anyway. 

Went looking around for some boring dividend stocks and found $PBFX -- PBF Logistics LP: micro-cap energy sector

Closed at $12.24 with a 52-week high of $21.49 last February.

Ex-div date is February 24th with a record date of Feb. 25th and payable March 17th at $.30 / share. 

This is a logistics company that deals with all types of energy movement and availability to various regions. I plan on keeping it through the summer or even fall just because of the vaccine and loosening of restrictions that allow people to travel en-masse again. 

Posting this on Sunday afternoon because I won't be awake before the market opens tomorrow. 

:banned:

Went looking around for some boring dividend stocks and found $PBFX -- PBF Logistics LP: micro-cap energy sector

Closed at $12.24 with a 52-week high of $21.49 last February.

Ex-div date is February 24th with a record date of Feb. 25th and payable March 17th at $.30 / share. 

This is a logistics company that deals with all types of energy movement and availability to various regions. I plan on keeping it through the summer or even fall just because of the vaccine and loosening of restrictions that allow people to travel en-masse again. 

Posting this on Sunday afternoon because I won't be awake before the market opens tomorrow. 

This looks like an MLP

Holding can make tax time tricky:

“Downsides of MLPs 

Perhaps the biggest hassle to being an MLP limited partner is that you will have to file the infamous Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Schedule K-1 form. The K-1 is a complicated form and may require the services of an accountant—even if you did not sell any units. Also, K-1 forms are notorious for arriving late, after many tax preparers thought they had completed their taxes. Also, as an added problem, some MLPs operate in multiple states. Income received may require state tax returns filed in several states, which will increase your costs.

Another tax-related negative is that you cannot use a net loss—more losses than profits—to offset other income. However, net losses may carry forward to the following year. When you eventually sell all your units, a net loss can then be used as a deduction against other income.

A final negative is limited upside potential—historically—but this is to be expected from an investment that is going to produce a gradual yet reliable income stream over several years.”

The above borrowed from here.

This looks like an MLP

Holding can make tax time tricky:

“Downsides of MLPs 

Perhaps the biggest hassle to being an MLP limited partner is that you will have to file the infamous Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Schedule K-1 form. The K-1 is a complicated form and may require the services of an accountant—even if you did not sell any units. Also, K-1 forms are notorious for arriving late, after many tax preparers thought they had completed their taxes. Also, as an added problem, some MLPs operate in multiple states. Income received may require state tax returns filed in several states, which will increase your costs.

Another tax-related negative is that you cannot use a net loss—more losses than profits—to offset other income. However, net losses may carry forward to the following year. When you eventually sell all your units, a net loss can then be used as a deduction against other income.

A final negative is limited upside potential—historically—but this is to be expected from an investment that is going to produce a gradual yet reliable income stream over several years.”

The above borrowed from here.
Appreciate the post  :thumbup:

Schedule K's can mess up the tax machine. I manage to get by with them. Same with farm income and the strings attached to that. 

ETA: PBFX is a common stock traded on the NYSE

Yes, I'm sloshed, but here's a question.

Caught a summary of the Congressional bill for CV-19 relief. Saw that several million will be available to venue operators that had been shut down. 

$AMC would fall under this category. Closed Friday @ $5.70

• Laughing
Reactions: KGB
Current notes on Companies/SPACs I’m looking at today

APPH  - true startup, indoor farming, very speculative, big name investors.  Lupton owns, has ran 50% past month. 

SWAV - Med Device, flat past month.  Revenue up 59% in 2020, recent favorable FDA news 

OZON - Russian e-commerce, up 22% past month, GS raised price to 68 recently.  Releasing 2020 financials in late March.  Growing rapidly. 

SFTW - SPAC, merging with satellite data company Blacksky, 1.5 B valuation, could be target of future ARK space etf.  Recent heavy volume. Thiel and Chamath pipe back. 

PAVM - esophageal cancer, feb 22 busienss. update cited as important. 

SSPK - SPAC announced weedmaps as target, up 18% past month.,  a unique tech cannabis play in an evolving space.  Very speculative. Online marketplace for cannabis retailers. 

DNMR - early stage green bio plastics, up 28% past month.  Biodegradable plastics expected to be a growing industry. Early stage, no earnings. Very speculative. 

CELH - calorie burning beverages, my buddy says they taste great...have consistently beat earnings past several quarters. Down 3% past month, up 76% past 3 months. 

DMTK - has been redhot, up 500% past 3 months.   Unique cancer detection technology. Lupton tweeted easy double...the stock he is highest on. 

Yes, I'm sloshed, but here's a question.

Caught a summary of the Congressional bill for CV-19 relief. Saw that several million will be available to venue operators that had been shut down. 

$AMC would fall under this category. Closed Friday @ $5.70
I hope so, underwater badly :banned:

TripItUp said:

LEAP - connections to Robinhood, connected management team...has had decent volume

Love this post, thank you  :hifive:

SFTW - SPAC, merging with satellite data company Blacksky, 1.5 B valuation, could be target of future ARK space etf.  Recent heavy volume. Thiel and Chamath pipe back.
Picked up some of this at 10.60 a few weeks ago and it’s paid off. Given the performance of other space-related SPACs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it climb to the low-mid 20s over the next several months.

I hope so, underwater badly :banned:
My hopes that you can get even or better  :boxing:

I haven't had time to look at all that's been submitted, but there could be a play here.

ONCE AGAIN, I'm just some drunk rando on a board. I own no $AMC 

Just saw a summary of the legislation that was proposed.

My hopes that you can get even or better  :boxing:

I haven't had time to look at all that's been submitted, but there could be a play here.

ONCE AGAIN, I'm just some drunk rando on a board. I own no $AMC 

Just saw a summary of the legislation that was proposed.

I'm in AMC, Down 15% but sold 1/3 up 10% or something.  IMO, stay away.  I can see it going to $3 as easy as $6.50.

I'm in at $6.65 and holding but not averaging down.  I already have too much and would probably be happy to get out even but I might see if I can make some $$$

also rando and :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread