What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

Seeking Alpha Summary of Recent Buffett Moves

Buffett has twice delivered timely advice to buy at crisis moments, but he has never told investors to get out of the market. Value investors don't do that.

Buffett's market views can best be found by thoughtful examination of his recent actions; for example, trimming Apple likely stemmed from valuation and position size.

Buffett clearly couldn't find his favorite "great companies at a fair price" and settled for bond-like companies where immediate high dividends reduce duration, thus lowering risk.

Elimination of JPMorgan and Pfizer positions inspires questions about how he sees them as differing from other companies in their industries.

Don't miss the obvious takeaway: Buffett isn't exactly a bear, but his actions speak of a broadly overpriced and bifurcated market.

The rest can be found here

I like this one too, but it keeps on busting down through support...
LoanDepot just IPO'd. It had to adjust valuation down by 75%. Lot's of other lowered too or canceled IPO. The market sees rates going up and worried about the gravy train disappearing which is accurate. However, the decline in UWM stock is treating it like just another mortgage lender and it isn't. Wall St is behind understanding that and understanding how they are positioned to really out perform it's peers as rates increase. 

Sold RMGCU and YUM (holding YUMC only now).  Bought SFTWU, AHACU, HAACU, SGAHU.  Overweighted SFTWU a bit - I like that space as a future growth area.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i got into stx at just under 47 and have watched it climb and it throws off nice dividends too so basically it is my favorite thing i own right now take that to the bank bromigos 
got in at just over 2 bucks back when they were still private.  Selling half my shares when it hits 75

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
OIL BABY!  

Trimmed some NRGU at @115.  More set at @117.50  and 120
More at 125 and 130.  About half of what I had.  We'll be looking to buy back on a dip under 100.  Really hoping for a pullback to 80-90... 

Why do bond ETFs and bond mutual funds no longer move inversely to stonks. For the past year, it seems when stonks go down, my bond funds go down too (not by as much of a percentage, but still down). They used to almost always move inversely to each other, unless I'm an idiot.

Why do bond ETFs and bond mutual funds no longer move inversely to stonks. For the past year, it seems when stonks go down, my bond funds go down too (not by as much of a percentage, but still down). They used to almost always move inversely to each other, unless I'm an idiot.
was wondering the same thing. down 2% in the small bond position i took. would have been better off just leaving it in the settlement fund...

Damn, might be my worst day since last March. Now, since I’m over triple from that bottom it doesn’t sting a lot. It’s hard to tell if this is temporary or maybe some more pain.

Didn't do much other than get out of CCI and AYX for NVTA and FLGT. Been meaning to dump those two and with the ones I bought down so much, happy to trade places. I believe way more in the other two five years from now.

Nibbled into some SFTW (Satellites For The Win!) units today. Definitely the furthest from NAV I have bought a SPAC prior to the merger, but I have been getting a bit of FOMO in the emerging space sector and it seems to have a lot of potential.

Sold a few big names that were up today

Sold a few PLTR puts at a 10% 4-day return after it found support again under 28.

Sold a couple penny stocks that were up today.

Tried to shrug the rest off.

Am I the only one that has been big on banks and oil?  Some of my best days seem to be downers here.  Feels lonely... 

Am I the only one that has been big on banks and oil?  Some of my best days seem to be downers here.  Feels lonely... 
I've trimmed XLE a bit and my biggest bank was down today :sadbanana:

A lot of names just got crushed today.

Users who are viewing this thread