What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

So what’s the latest on Hgen, @wyatt  - I’ve accumulated a fair share in the past month. May sell some cydy today and buy more. 
#not selling / #long and strong / 🤣

I’m still very optimistic. Despite all the hot takes, there is and will be an unmet medical need for hospitalized Covid patients for the foreseeable future. Pending trial success, results due in March, US gov. will buy in the order of $1 billion over the next year making Lenz one of the most successful launches in pharma history. Ex-US will add to this. Trial success provides proof of concept for the drug’s original indication, calming cytokine storm seen in cancer therapy. Im quite sure Hgen will eventually be bought out at a massive premium to today’s price.

Non-revenue biotech investing will test your mettle, maybe we all should just buy Bitcoin instead.

Have I mentioned I might have some insight on potential Covid treatments?

#not selling / #long and strong / 🤣

I’m still very optimistic. Despite all the hot takes, there is and will be an unmet medical need for hospitalized Covid patients for the foreseeable future. Pending trial success, results due in March, US gov. will buy in the order of $1 billion over the next year making Lenz one of the most successful launches in pharma history. Ex-US will add to this. Trial success provides proof of concept for the drug’s original indication, calming cytokine storm seen in cancer therapy. Im quite sure Hgen will eventually be bought out at a massive premium to today’s price.

Non-revenue biotech investing will test your mettle, maybe we all should just buy Bitcoin instead.

Have I mentioned I might have some insight on potential Covid treatments?
Sounds good. So what’s your share price if/when they get that 1 bullion order and then when they get bought out? 

I have a big Bitcoin order when this money moves over. :scared:  

Why do bond ETFs and bond mutual funds no longer move inversely to stonks. For the past year, it seems when stonks go down, my bond funds go down too (not by as much of a percentage, but still down). They used to almost always move inversely to each other, unless I'm an idiot.
They don’t always move inversely. Interest rates are coming off historic lows. When interest rates start creeping up/go up, bond prices fall. When interest rates drop, bond prices rise. There is so much liquidity out there with this massive easing of the Fed....why do you think that former guy in the White House was politicizing the fed in his term? He wanted interest rates at 0 so the stock market would go nuts (like it did) because there is no where else to put your money to get yield except risk assets. 

Well.....that is going to change here slowly (it has too and it will) and we have a bubble here of stocks and bonds....so expect some heavy correlation in the early stages of the market selloff/correction or whatever anyone wants to call it. 

The sheer amount of wild speculation and liquidity punch drunk investors will cause it to burst soon enough. There will be some short term pain as there always is....then interest rates will eventually normalize again, the value of the dollar will rise again, stocks will find their footing again, new debt will be issued eventually (I am not that bullish on fixed income except high quality muni’s, GNMA and I love convertibles). However in a diversified portfolio there is nothing wrong with some fixed income over the long term. 

But thats why you are seeing that right now in a nutshell. It is simply a product of the interest rate environment we are in. the 10 year has had a big move since the lows and it will continue to go higher for a little while. Once we get past this pandemic....it will rise even faster as well as oil, as demand will really pick up steam and the production was cut down heavy because they had no place to store the stuff at one point!! 

Like I said day ago.......the storm clouds are brewing and forming. So expect some heavy rain storms in the market soon. 

And bitcoin is a giant ponzi scheme. There I said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
rick6668 said:
I'm not liking the looks of today.
I was told that you only get hurt if you jump off the roller coaster. I'm digging in. Not sure I'll be buying anymore today. Really would like DIS to have some of this correction to get more, but other than that I think I am gonna let this week simmer down a bit...That is unless Todem comes on and says otherwise...

Swaymoney said:
The looks have just been plain ugly recently.  Gonna be another huge red day. 
Yeah baby. Going to get killed again. I wish I hadn’t started some more positions last week. Still got a nice chunk of cash but damn this is going to hurt a bit. I’m still long term but it’s hard to buy when you don’t know if it’s over.

It does annoy me a bit that Amazon is still going to get a haircut even though it didn’t really participate much at all in the last few months up.

Someone on stocktwits was comparing FLGT to their Bi-polar ex girlfriend yesterday. I believe that a fair comparison...Man, thought 150 was a bargain lastweek :sadbanana:

Yeah baby. Going to get killed again. I wish I hadn’t started some more positions last week. Still got a nice chunk of cash but damn this is going to hurt a bit. I’m still long term but it’s hard to buy when you don’t know if it’s over.

It does annoy me a bit that Amazon is still going to get a haircut even though it didn’t really participate much at all in the last few months up.
Agreed, I started FVRR and SE and they have gotten pummeled. 

$IMMR - At some point I may have to add.  Has dropped about 35% in 2 weeks.    

I really wish I hadn't dropped $30,000 last week into various ARK funds - they will surely be a bloodbath today as well. Ugh. I might have to stop looking at the market on a daily basis. But I doubt I can help myself.

Sounds good. So what’s your share price if/when they get that 1 bullion order and then when they get bought out? 

I have a big Bitcoin order when this money moves over. :scared:  
Not directed at me and I am sure @Whyatt has way more insight, but here's how I think about it. Right now our friends $CYDY have a ~$2.5B market cap on hopes and dreams. I'd wager $HGEN has a higher likelihood of success in getting EUA and is trading ~$1B market cap. So 2.5x on success seems a base case. I'd think $5B sounds about right given EUA etc. which puts the stock around $125 or so.

:shrug:

I really wish I hadn't dropped $30,000 last week into various ARK funds - they will surely be a bloodbath today as well. Ugh. I might have to stop looking at the market on a daily basis. But I doubt I can help myself.
That's perhaps the smartest thing we can do. 

I was really hoping for a 4% overall gain this week. Oh well. 🙇‍♂️

In dollar terms, yesterday was my worst day ever. My losses so far today are 60% bigger than yesterday. Going to stop checking the markets until the dust settles, I think.

Bloodbath 
Came to post this. Shaping up to be one of my all-time down days, but mostly a function of riding penny stocks. I'll be selling some puts or outright buying some names today but still want to leave some cash on the table. This feels bad.

Put all the cash I had left into $Sens this morning a $2.83. Going to ride or die with this one

In dollar terms, yesterday was my worst day ever. My losses so far today are 60% bigger than yesterday. Going to stop checking the markets until the dust settles, I think.
Me too. Let’s just say yesterday and today are tough to swallow.

I know I’ve mentioned I subscribe to MF, but they always mention how often the market dips by 10% and sometimes 20%.

I just wish I had more cash. I have a decent amount dollar wise but not % wise. Luckily a good portion of what is getting hammered is IRA so something I wouldn’t be touching for 10+ years anyway. Just don’t have a ton of cash available there. May have to see if there’s anything to move around that hasn’t already been blasted.

This dip is likely even worse due to margin and overextending. Remember that for all the people who think this is all free money that joined the market after the March drop, this is the first big dip. We’ve had 10% dips along the way in some of these names that have done well but for most of those high fliers the dip the past two days is a lot more. My blow is cushioned a bit because AMZN is the big chunk of my taxable accounts and I’m 15% cash there as well. That’s my more short term money and it’s down much less. 

Sold all SPACS that were above 11 and still green for me overall. I wanted cash and will reevaluate after things settle down. HAACU, JOFFU, CBUHU, CBAHW

Kept those under 11, as they don't have much more downside potential, at least pre-announcement. 

Out of all my positions, I don't have much up overall anymore. Really only the bluechips. 

Double digit stocks down double digit percentages.  Fun start to the day.

I think I may also trim SPACs over the next week or two.  Resisting the urge to sell today.

Users who are viewing this thread