What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

On 2/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, NajehHejan said:
Sold my RIOT and MOGO - had to bank the gains - I'm sure they'll keep going up. Trying to rinse/repeat with some cheaper crypto plays. This could be an ingenius move, or utter stupidity:

In CCTL at .04

In BFCH at .235

In INTV at .50
Expand  
In a small amount of CCTL.  Looks like it may be near the ceiling with significant resistance past 40.  Also, momentum seems to be slowing which also Im guessing is not a good sign.
I took a hit the second I bought CCTL.  Looks to be moving today.  Anyone have any new info or are we simply correcting?

IPOE is turning into IPOO. Is the collective still holding here? I'm wondering how many SPAC's are down in sympathy with CCIV recent activity. 

I've been a huge energy bull for months now, but this is almost getting ridiculous.  I'll take it though!
I started trimming probably around 43 (including a small tranche today). Not sure how much I want to keep long term. It's been a quick recovery the last couple of months.

I took a hit the second I bought CCTL.  Looks to be moving today.  Anyone have any new info or are we simply correcting?
Crazy to say for a penny crypto, but I think this one is a hold for at least 2-3 months. it's just getting noticed. Should take off eventually, no reason to think it's a 100% scam (maybe it's a 65% scam lol)

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Crazy to say for a penny crypto, but I think this one is a hold for at least 2-3 months. it's just getting noticed. Should take off eventually, no reason to think it's a 100% scam (maybe it's a 65% scam lol)
The only thing I bring to penny stock trading is patience.  I suck at everything else!

Looks like the big players are shorting ARK funds and tech like IRDM/U/SQ/TSLA etc.

I bought DMTK this morning.

My Marriott calls 🚀 🚀

How about this for a GME business model ...

A streaming game service with all your favorite games ...

but also EXCLUSIVE games that you can only play with a subscription to their service.

Could you imagine if GME held the rights to the next Call of Duty or Fortnight?

How many subscriptions would they have then?

No need to own the games or have enough storage to hold the games ... just like we no longer own movies.

Gamestop would be the Netflix of the gaming world
With what money? 

One of my favorite stocks in the portfolio.  Up 75% on it and just compounding away with that juicy 8.2% yield.  Pretty sure this one was a @Todem pick from last year.
I only picked it up on 2/16 for a short swing hoping to sell before yesterdays earnings. Took a dip but recovered nicely.

LUV almost back to precovid levels. It was the stock that made me jump into stock trading vs indexing. 

Instead I sold my initial LUV stock to chase CYDY and I am now down 28% since 4/28/2020 in the biggest bull market in history I've heard instead of a 2x.

I used most of my cash last week to open new positions so now I'm sitting red in a lot of things. 

Positions so you guys can avoid:

RED STOCKS

CYDY

BB

GTEH

AITX

CRSP

IPOE

UNVC

PLTR

GREEN STOCKS

DIS

GME

Good thing I jumped in GME and got out with a double up. Should've sold it all at the top for a 4x but got greedy. Expensive lessons I'm learning. Might just go back to indexing.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Did everyone dump CCIV? Saw some good breakdown days ago about how the actual Lucid deal wasn’t a good thing and just the rumor was and boy did that play out.

I did the sell half when it doubled thing but do I hold on? I would be selling and dumping half into “safe” stuff and half into more bets if that makes a difference.

Explain this to me like I'm Michael Scott from the Office.
It's the K-1 issue. Others can probably do a better job, but MLPs (and REITs I think) can cause a tax headache if owned in an IRA or similar. I've read horror stories where IRS decides your whole IRA is taxable.

Happy to be corrected on any of this, but the conclusion I drew was since these instruments are already somewhat tax-advantaged, they are better off in a taxable account.

It's the K-1 issue. Others can probably do a better job, but MLPs (and REITs I think) can cause a tax headache if owned in an IRA or similar. I've read horror stories where IRS decides your whole IRA is taxable.

Happy to be corrected on any of this, but the conclusion I drew was since these instruments are already somewhat tax-advantaged, they are better off in a taxable account.
Teh googles tells me it's immediately taxable once it reaches $1000 in income.  Is that annual?  Lifetime?  

In any case thanks for pointing this out as my Roth is obviously not the right place to be holding this one long term.  Bummer.

oh no :oldunsure:

Teh googles tells me it's immediately taxable once it reaches $1000 in income.  Is that annual?  Lifetime?  

In any case thanks for pointing this out as my Roth is obviously not the right place to be holding this one long term.  Bummer.
I think we're alright:

These two reasons are why I would never put Enterprise into an IRA. Yes, it's a leading player in the midstream sector, often considered a bellwether for the industry. It has an incredible streak of annual distribution hikes (21 years and counting) and a fat 5.8% yield. And it is, by all accounts, a great partnership that is constantly looking for ways to get even better for its unitholders. But the drawbacks of putting it into an IRA means it isn't right for these accounts, no matter how high the yield is or how great a partnership it happens to be.

However, you could happily add ONEOK, Inc. (NYSE:OKE) without facing any of those issues, because this midstream company is structured as a regular corporation. Although ONEOK's yield of 4.8% is a little lower than Enterprise's, it shares a lot of the partnership's most desirable traits.

Did everyone dump CCIV? Saw some good breakdown days ago about how the actual Lucid deal wasn’t a good thing and just the rumor was and boy did that play out.

I did the sell half when it doubled thing but do I hold on? I would be selling and dumping half into “safe” stuff and half into more bets if that makes a difference.
I got out entirely yesterday at $42.50 after it bounced. @stbugs was spot-on being skeptical of the valuation leading up to the official announcement. I should have sold some Monday but feel fortunate to have timed my exit pretty well yesterday - the lone highlight of an otherwise crappy day. 

I got out entirely yesterday at $42.50 after it bounced. @stbugs was spot-on being skeptical of the valuation leading up to the official announcement. I should have sold some Monday but feel fortunate to have timed my exit pretty well yesterday - the lone highlight of an otherwise crappy day. 
That’s right it was bugs who was on this. 

@stbugsthoughts at this price of CCIV?

I only had 400 @ 13 and sold 100 at $60 and free rolling the rest. Will probably buy more at some point. I love Lucid. 

I think we're alright:

These two reasons are why I would never put Enterprise into an IRA. Yes, it's a leading player in the midstream sector, often considered a bellwether for the industry. It has an incredible streak of annual distribution hikes (21 years and counting) and a fat 5.8% yield. And it is, by all accounts, a great partnership that is constantly looking for ways to get even better for its unitholders. But the drawbacks of putting it into an IRA means it isn't right for these accounts, no matter how high the yield is or how great a partnership it happens to be.

However, you could happily add ONEOK, Inc. (NYSE:OKE) without facing any of those issues, because this midstream company is structured as a regular corporation. Although ONEOK's yield of 4.8% is a little lower than Enterprise's, it shares a lot of the partnership's most desirable traits.
But you have to be cool with investing in fracking, though, no?

Can someone explain to me why my fundamental concern about SPACs is incorrect? I admit I am a total newb but here goes: SPAC gets listed for $10. You get in somewhat early for $10.50. Rumors start flying that SPAC is going to acquire XYZ. XYZ looks like a good company and is in a hot sector so SPAC rises to $15. Then for a while rumors continue and people debate the merits of XYZ and SPAC numbers go up or down. Then at some point a deal becomes more likely and again the price rises or falls based on what the market thinks of XYZ. 

But what never seems to be discussed until it's an afterthought is how much of XYZ SPAC is acquiring, and at what price. It's like evaluating someone's portfolio knowing only the company names, not the amounts owned or purchase price. 

So it seems like all you get with a SPAC is the possibility of acquiring some percentage of some company, or you get $10 back.

added 100 CCIV @ 30, looking like it's going to 25 or lower though. Will probably add at 25 too and lower if it breaks that. Full panic sell mode going on. Looking to take advantage of that.

New purchase averaged to $7.50 a share. I'm good with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The General said:
That’s right it was bugs who was on this. 

@stbugsthoughts at this price of CCIV?
Lol. I’m not an expert at all. I just knew that the merger was going to be a hit to people. It would either be that the PIPE would make people realize that the “experts” and Lucid itself didn’t value themselves as high as the crowd (like GME if you will) or that Lucid wanted to get a much bigger market cap and then the per share slice of the company would be way less than expected. Both scenarios meant that the people buying at $60 would be left in the cold.

The other thing is that unlike Tesla, Lucid is coming to market when they will have dozens of competitors who have more mainstream products while they’ll be in the niche high, high end cars. If they don’t hit manufacturing perfectly the next few years they could be in big trouble. Unlike Tesla, they don’t have Musk and other potential businesses being worked on so they will also be valued more like a true car company because kind of like how LCD TVs just replaced Tube TVs, EVs will soon be just “cars.”

Users who are viewing this thread