What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

Going for my fifth circuit of AMC now. Just got in for a LOT at 7.60. I have buys triggering for 7.50, 7.40, and 7.30. This stock could catapult after the short interest report gets published tonight after hours.

The Lupton spike.  He sends out email to paid subscribers and stock instantly spikes 5%.  

ETA -- actually spiked up 11% before dropping to about 7.5%.  Volume went from 200,000 prior to now over 2,200,000.

Man, the potential to exploit your following is crazy huge here.  Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
randall146 said:
Can someone explain to me why my fundamental concern about SPACs is incorrect? I admit I am a total newb but here goes: SPAC gets listed for $10. You get in somewhat early for $10.50. Rumors start flying that SPAC is going to acquire XYZ. XYZ looks like a good company and is in a hot sector so SPAC rises to $15. Then for a while rumors continue and people debate the merits of XYZ and SPAC numbers go up or down. Then at some point a deal becomes more likely and again the price rises or falls based on what the market thinks of XYZ. 

But what never seems to be discussed until it's an afterthought is how much of XYZ SPAC is acquiring, and at what price. It's like evaluating someone's portfolio knowing only the company names, not the amounts owned or purchase price. 

So it seems like all you get with a SPAC is the possibility of acquiring some percentage of some company, or you get $10 back.
I don't think it is. You have to be cautious how you play them. Entry and exit points matter, and buy and hold is not necessarily your friend. 

I'd think about adding more UVXY here, but have a feeling I might be able to buy in the 7's soon.  Or 5's...  

Todem said:
No. Sit tight and I will give the word. Market is still frothy. This is just getting started. Wait for the shmucks on CNBC to start pimping panic.

Don’t worry....I will be here to give a back the truck up buy signal like we did back in March 2020. I don’t think you will see that kind of selloff. But a healthy 10-15% correction is what I am looking for.
Thank you sir.

This NNOX news seems like a pretty big deal, no?

Bunch of call sweeps got fired off on that news.  Looks like they are buying March 5 $59 strike for 6 bucks each.
Uh, that looks huge and ugly compared to this:

https://g-foolcdn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/g.foolcdn.com/image/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fg.foolcdn.com%2Feditorial%2Fimages%2F609753%2Fnanox.jpg&w=1200&op=resize

Also, that sure doesn’t look like a production plant. That production version really wouldn’t excite me based on the images we’ve seen so far.

Going for my fifth circuit of AMC now. Just got in for a LOT at 7.60. I have buys triggering for 7.50, 7.40, and 7.30. This stock could catapult after the short interest report gets published tonight after hours.
It's over 9 now, seems too late to get in.

Uh, that looks huge and ugly compared to this:

https://g-foolcdn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/g.foolcdn.com/image/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fg.foolcdn.com%2Feditorial%2Fimages%2F609753%2Fnanox.jpg&w=1200&op=resize

Also, that sure doesn’t look like a production plant. That production version really wouldn’t excite me based on the images we’ve seen so far.
The guy who tweeted that is a NNOX advisor. Well respected, member of the Google Health Advisory Board and a digital expert for the WHO.

It’s possible that’s the multi source version and that’s why it’s bigger but no idea.

The guy who tweeted that is a NNOX advisor. Well respected, member of the Google Health Advisory Board and a digital expert for the WHO.

It’s possible that’s the multi source version and that’s why it’s bigger but no idea.
That’s cool and all, but it just looks like the prototype got in a horrible accident and has severe swelling. Everything we had seen before was cool and sleek. that just looks big and ugly.

https://investorplace.com/hypergrowthinvesting/2021/02/lucid-motors-cciv-stock-merger-confirmed-buy-cciv-10x-gains/

With the Lucid Motors Merger Confirmed, CCIV Stock Is Your 10X Opportunity

2/23/2021 8:10am EST

By Luke Lango, InvestorPlace Senior Investment Analyst

There is one company in the world that has what it takes to rival Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) in the multi-trillion-dollar global electric vehicle revolution. That company — U.S.-based luxury EV maker Lucid Motors — just confirmed that it will be going public through a merger with blank-check company Churchill Capital Corp IV (NYSE:CCIV). Yet, on confirmation of that merger, CCIV stock plunged.

This plunge in CCIV stock is a golden buying opportunity, for three big reasons:

Merger execution risks surrounding CCIV stock have been eliminated. We now know that the value of CCIV stock is backed by the fundamental earnings power of Lucid Motors.

Operationally, Lucid Motors is where Tesla was 10 years ago — and has all the right ingredients and necessary firepower to turn into a major force in the global EV market soon.

Given the company’s long-term earnings growth potential, Lucid Motors is worth about $100 billion today. That implies a fair price for CCIV stock of over $60. Long-term, shares could soar to $400 — representing 10X upside potential from the CCIV stock price today.

So, forget these “buy the rumor, sell the news” dynamics. Instead, zoom out, focus on the big picture, and buy (and hold) Lucid Motors stock for the long haul.

CCIV Stock: Buy the Rumor, Sell the News

First, let’s talk about how Lucid Motors got here.

There have been murmur for weeks that Lucid Motors would go public via a merger with blank-check company Churchill Capital Corp IV. On those rumors, CCIV stock soared rapidly. From $10 to nearly $70 in a matter of weeks.

Those rumors were confirmed yesterday. Lucid Motors said in a press release that it will, indeed, go public through a merger with Churchill Capital.

But CCIV stock sunk on the news – probably because the merger valued the company at $25 billion, while the CCIV stock price at the time was valuing Lucid Motors at about 4X that, or around $100 billion.

To that extent, the immediate, gut-reaction sell off in Lucid Motors stock makes sense.

But, the fundamentals here imply that Lucid Motors is actually worth more than $100 billion today, even though the company hasn’t sold a single car yet. Here’s why.

Everything It Takes to Be the Next Tesla

Zooming out, Lucid Motors has everything it takes — and, importantly, is the only company that has everything it takes — to be the “next Tesla.” This, of course, implies big things ahead for CCIV stock.

I’m not exaggerating when I say: “Lucid Motors has it all.”

The EV maker has the talent. The company is led by Peter Rawlinson, the former Chief Engineer of the Tesla Model S.

Yesterday everyone was bailing on the market and today they are jumping into GME and AMC.

What a sucky day for me.  Barely broke even.

Users who are viewing this thread