What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

I got some Mr. Bubble on tap for tonight. Taking a warm bath and getting a nice sleep. I will wake up around 4am PT to see what is happening in the Euro-market and what BS we are up against (halting buy orders, etc).

I will set my exit strategy up in the morning. I have a chance to make life-changing money, but don't think I have the guts to go diamond hands with all my shares. 

But as crazy as all this is, this could be just the START of the squeeze. It feels like Hedge Funds against Hedge funds and people like me are just tagging along.
:tapsfoot:

Right now, GME is trading at 160 in the premarket.

at 150 - 77,782 call contracts (100 shares each) finish in the money. That's potentially another 7.78 million shares needed to cover a few days after Friday.

FINRA has the short interest at 60%, but there are a few people on Reddit showing the games that are playing that would imply this thing might be leveraged at 3-4X the float.

The options call ladder is set up to blast this stock if it gets some momentum.

a ridiculous 10,159 contracts would hit at $800. This is the game the shorts were playing to hold the stock down. But at a certain momentum the fuel from the other contracts (and diamond hands) could actually cause the people shorting to also want it to go up.

It sounds insane to most, but I think I am mostly just going to watch a lot of this day play out.

My mom did not raise me to fold at the first opportunity. I believe the gamma squeeze is very much in play (if the SEC, Congress, etc don't halt trading). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, GME is trading at 160 in the premarket.

at 150 - 77,782 call contracts (100 shares each) finish in the money. That's potentially 7.78 million shares needed to cover a few days after Friday.

FINRA has the short interest at 60%, but there are a few people on Reddit showing the games that are playing that would imply this thing might be leveraged at 3-4X the float.

The options call ladder is set up to blast this stock if it gets some momentum.

a ridiculous 10,159 contracts would hit at $800. This is the game the shorts were playing to hold the stock down. But at a certain momentum the fuel from the other contracts (and diamond hands) could actually cause the people shorting to also want it to go up.

It sounds insane to most, but I think I am mostly just going to watch a lot of this day play out.

My mom did not raise me to fold at the first opportunity. I believe the gamma squeeze is very much in play (if the SEC, Congress, etc don't halt trading). 
I can't say that I understand all of that. I put in a premarket buy at 143. Small amount. 

AMC is in a similar position, but there are so many shares outstanding that the trouble spot for this stock will be after Friday if the stock finishes above $10.00 (due to call options). This should propel the stock to get past $15 as well for refueling, but I think new shorts could hold this down below $20 (at current share volume and option contracts as they sit).

I think all options are on the table here. I am also going to wait this one out too for a big part of this day.

AMC is in a similar position, but there are so many shares outstanding that the trouble spot for this stock will be after Friday if the stock finishes above $10.00 (due to call options). This should propel the stock to get past $15 as well for refueling, but I think new shorts could hold this down below $20 (at current share volume and option contracts as they sit).

I think all options are on the table here. I am also going to wait this one out too for a big part of this day.
Any worries about robinhood or another service shutting it down again?

Any worries about robinhood or another service shutting it down again?
less than last time. I think the stock may get halted from time to time, but I don't think they will restrict buys like they did last time.

The guys shorting could very well be the people also wanting these stocks to go crazy in the end. We all might be on the same side of this trade if we can get to $300+ today.

I am most worried about a full halt of trading on these stonks and a settlement agreement that we must all sell at some price someone like the SEC determines. If that happens, you KNOW the gamma squeeze was real and these stocks were shorted at multiples of the float.

This game is going to be played hard in the options today. By mid-day, I think we will have a lot better understanding that the squeeze is alive. If I did not already have a giant position in this, I actually would buy a few shares below $160. 

As stated a on Tuesday, I think this stock (led by Cohen) should be worth closer to 12-14B market cap. So that was a 4X multiple of the $45 price before the craziness. So even after all of this madness, I think the stock might find a resting place at 120-130 anyway (and rise to $180 within the year).

Look at the bottom of the call ladder:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/options?p=GME&straddle=true

10,159 call contracts come in at $800. The same people shorting likely own sizeable positions here to protect against a gamma squeeze. It's their ultimate hedge. Shorts by definition have an infinity cap. This stops that bleeding with extremely cheap options WAY out of the money when the stock was at $45. Think of it as a low cost of insurance.

What's your exit plan for GME or are you diamond holding to see what Cohen does?
I got some Mr. Bubble on tap for tonight. Taking a warm bath and getting a nice sleep. I will wake up around 4am PT to see what is happening in the Euro-market and what BS we are up against (halting buy orders, etc).

I will set my exit strategy up in the morning. I have a chance to make life-changing money, but don't think I have the guts to go diamond hands with all my shares. 

But as crazy as all this is, this could be just the START of the squeeze. It feels like Hedge Funds against Hedge funds and people like me are just tagging along.
Good luck to you.  Change your life and dont look back.

Also - never apologize for making money

randall146 said:
Can someone explain to me why my fundamental concern about SPACs is incorrect? I admit I am a total newb but here goes: SPAC gets listed for $10. You get in somewhat early for $10.50. Rumors start flying that SPAC is going to acquire XYZ. XYZ looks like a good company and is in a hot sector so SPAC rises to $15. Then for a while rumors continue and people debate the merits of XYZ and SPAC numbers go up or down. Then at some point a deal becomes more likely and again the price rises or falls based on what the market thinks of XYZ. 

But what never seems to be discussed until it's an afterthought is how much of XYZ SPAC is acquiring, and at what price. It's like evaluating someone's portfolio knowing only the company names, not the amounts owned or purchase price. 

So it seems like all you get with a SPAC is the possibility of acquiring some percentage of some company, or you get $10 back.
SPAC is fun to say - it brings those good Star Trek vibes.  Has your analysis factored that in?

-QG

@David DoddsDo you think 10.38 is a good premarket price to get into AMC or wait until regular hours and see what happens?
I don't like losing other people's money so I am not going to advise what people should be doing. I have made my money in this stock mostly below $8.00.  I never buy at the open. You can watch volume in 1 minute intervals on Yahoo finance charts. Buy at a wave of red volume that pushes the stock down.

If this stock looks like it will definitely close on Friday above $10, I suspect the stock hits $15+ and could very well be in play the next couple of weeks. Earnings and guidance come after the market closes tonight.

Fidelity user here.  How do I avoid waiting 2-3 days for my transaction to settle?  I thought I read months ago that I could get fidelity to allow this if I meet certain criteria?

This game is going to be played hard in the options today. By mid-day, I think we will have a lot better understanding that the squeeze is alive. If I did not already have a giant position in this, I actually would buy a few shares below $160. 

As stated a on Tuesday, I think this stock (led by Cohen) should be worth closer to 12-14B market cap. So that was a 4X multiple of the $45 price before the craziness. So even after all of this madness, I think the stock might find a resting place at 120-130 anyway (and rise to $180 within the year).
Good luck, but I will say I completely disagree with the company’s real worth. What’s happening and what happened has no correlation with the real worth of the company. The action is all the options and other stuff you are talking about. That’s just gaming the stock in the same way shorts attack stocks. It’s absolutely possible that Cohen turns around the mess, but the stock reflects the fact that there’s a huge risk in that and that their revenues are still declining and they are becoming less relevant every day.

Good luck, but I will say I completely disagree with the company’s real worth. What’s happening and what happened has no correlation with the real worth of the company. The action is all the options and other stuff you are talking about. That’s just gaming the stock in the same way shorts attack stocks. It’s absolutely possible that Cohen turns around the mess, but the stock reflects the fact that there’s a huge risk in that and that their revenues are still declining and they are becoming less relevant every day.
Topic maybe for a different thread, but I disagree.

While the vast majorty of shopping will be done remotely, there will always be some level of physical shopping.  This is why Im huge on WMT, TGT and Best Buy (dont own).  People will always want to go into stores to look around.  Its a social experience.

I believe at some level we will always want a store like Game Stop.  A place to go inside to look and explore and touch.  I believe GME is perfectly positioned for this.  I believe this whole frenzy couldnt have been better brand management for GME even if Lebron James himself signed on to the board of directors.  Now, does this mean the stonk is worth $500?  Prolly not, but I believe the company has a great outlook if people can get outside of their tiny box thinking.

:2cents:

Looks like the ARK funds are going to take another huge dump today. Story of my life - always late to the party. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
I got into ARKQ at the end of last week and I'm just going to bail today and eat the loss  :(  

Looks like the ARK funds are going to take another huge dump today. Story of my life - always late to the party. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
I nearly got in on ARKK and ARKG on Monday. Glad I held off. Even with yesterday's rise, I'm real leery of going in too big right now. Outside of some picking, I'm staying mostly in cash until there's real strength. At least more than one day here and there.

While the vast majorty of shopping will be done remotely, there will always be some level of physical shopping.  This is why Im huge on WMT, TGT and Best Buy (dont own).  People will always want to go into stores to look around.  Its a social experience.

I believe at some level we will always want a store like Game Stop.  A place to go inside to look and explore and touch.  I believe GME is perfectly positioned for this.  I believe this whole frenzy couldnt have been better brand management for GME even if Lebron James himself signed on to the board of directors.  Now, does this mean the stonk is worth $500?  Prolly not, but I believe the company has a great outlook if people can get outside of their tiny box thinking.

Pre-pandemic my teenage kids loved going to the mall and hanging out.  Of course they don't have a lot of money to actually buy much but they did make some purchases.  It was a magical experience for them to actually see products before purchasing them.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Pre-pandemic my teenage kids loved going to the mall and hanging out.  Of course they don't have a lot of money to actually buy much but they did make some purchases.  It was a magical experience for them to actually see products before purchasing them.
Before going home and purchasing them online cheaper somewhere else usually.

16 minutes ago, JAA said:

Expand  
Yesterday someone mentioned to me that the roaring twenties was the roaring twenties because of the pandemic.  Lots of people died, everyone couped up, all folks needing an escape.  Im wondering if the we are going to have another set of raring twenties with people overdoing the social components of humanity once CV is over.  If so, I think we can see a tremendous amount of support in these types of industries.

I believe people are learning to support local.  It will take more time, but $5 here or there isnt that much for people to comprehend.

Yesterday someone mentioned to me that the roaring twenties was the roaring twenties because of the pandemic.  Lots of people died, everyone couped up, all folks needing an escape.  Im wondering if the we are going to have another set of raring twenties with people overdoing the social components of humanity once CV is over.  If so, I think we can see a tremendous amount of support in these types of industries.
I've heard this comparison and prediction since the announcement of the vaccine.  I think it's probable.  I'm chewing on my fur here.

Can you unpack that for me?
Put in a $100 sell limit for INND. What happens?

Put in a $500 sell limit for another $100-something stock.

These vary by broker, but they should be fairly consistent from stock to stock. Everything is not a conspiracy.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Kids love malls because they don't have houses and can't go to bars. But malls are dying/have died because kids don't have money and adults don't go. 

Put in a $100 sell limit for INND. What happens?

Put in a $500 sell limit for another $100-something stock.

These vary by broker, but they should be fairly consistent from stock to stock. Everything is not a conspiracy.
OK - still not making sense to me, but if you say thats the way it is :shrug:

My retail experience is limited to CostCo, Safeway, Home Depot or Ace Hardware, Sports Basement (REI-like but better) and an occasional splurge at an outlet mall. Otherwise, it's all online. I buy a ton on Amazon, I watch YouTube reviews fo figure out product interests, I rely heavily on ability to return items for free, free shipping, etc. 

Kids do everything on YT it seems, including gaming research. Retail landscape is in decline. Doesn't mean GME can't pivot.

Again, the numbers show a struggling falling revenue picture. Stores are pretty much all open at this point. My boys used to love going in GameStop but now they can watch people play games online. One of the top reasons I went in there was to trade in stuff or buy used games. There are less and less used games now. It’s funny that you think the social experience is a key when GME’s earnings highlighted the online shopping angle and it’s growth (mainly due to having a small starting base) and Cohen’s experience is all online.

Target, Costco, Best Buy and Walmart are completely different shopping experiences. Also, in all of those places I can do the GameStop experience while buying groceries and clothes.

The frenzy going on now is 100% about gaming a stock and that’s cool. I’m about as bad a timer as there is so I’m not jumping in but none of this action is because there is a good fundamental base or a great story of the future.

IMHO, all the turnaround and market cap discussion is an attempt to make the share price make sense. It’s OK to just say it’s about squeezing shorts. @wilked posted that chart on VW’s squeeze and you can see that after the gaming, it’ll settle. A turnaround is possible, it always will be until they die, but the stock price isn’t reflecting that chance, it’s an attack on shorts. Have at it. 

OK - still not making sense to me, but if you say thats the way it is :shrug:
It's not set to a generic, "You can't trade something at X times its value." For shares under $X - whatever threshold they set - there is one limit. For shares under $Y, there is a different limit. Usually dollar-based. They aren't standard across brokerages. When we were at the height of CYDY, some people could set $100 sell limits even though it was a sub-$5 stock. I'm at Fidelity and could not. It's not because Fidelity hates CYDY. It's programmatic.

the fact they are stopping this on such low volume WHEN it is "supposedly" moving down is a joke. I suspected they would try this. I may go hiking and see where we are tomorrow. I am not selling at their self-imposed prices.

Users who are viewing this thread