What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Are people who got their asses handed to them the first time lining up to do this again?
 Nope, they’ll be the ones buying it at $200 again and bend over again. I’m sure the people who made money the first time are the same ones who were buying in the 40s to set this up again. It’s the circle of life. The people who come to the party last are the ones that clean up.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
The fact they continue to circuit breaker GME on less than 1/2 of the volume of AMC tells you that their algos have this squeezing. They are not afraid of AMC going to the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact they continue to circuit breaker GME on less than 1/2 of the volume of AMC tells you that they their algos have this squeezing. They are not afraid of AMC going to the moon.
Didn’t AMC flood the market with tons of shares? That’s the biggest difference, well and the fact that with GME you at least can push the Cohen turnaround. AMC just doesn’t have any real good impetus to blow up. 

@David Dodds Are you not worried that AMC will sell more shares like last time? So far GME hasn't done that because I think Cohen knows WSB would be he core customers, plus free advertising, but AMC doesn't give a ####.

@David Dodds Are you not worried that AMC will sell more shares like last time? So far GME hasn't done that because I think Cohen knows WSB would be he core customers, plus free advertising, but AMC doesn't give a ####.
AMC is now sitting on a ton of cash too from doing this. AMC was a solid play up to $9. It's a play now because TONS of options will hit if this stock is above $8 on Friday (which looks extremely likely).

GME will probably recall their shares weeks before their earnings at the end of March. Cohen is smart not to raise capital this second and lose the investor momentum.

I mean, I'm the biggest fan of this GME squeeze there is and the most anti hedge fund/MM guy around.  You've all seen me ranting about it like 100 times in this thread.  But those halts this AM were standard programmatic volatility halts.  You can see what the potential halt levels are for any stock at any time.

Going to make a case for $HEC as somewhere very low risk to park cash.

- $HEC is a SPAC that is merging with online therapy company TalkSpace

- TalkSpace will be the only publicly traded company that solely focuses on online behavioral health

- TDOC earnings report indicated something like a 500% increase in their online therapy arm. Talkspace will compete for a large portion of that market share going forward

- Current price - ~$10.45

- Current price range seems to be the absolute base level of support looking left back to announcement date

- Max loss @ NAV of ~$0.25 if HEC dissolves without merger (very unlikely)

Theory: Park extra cash here. Carry through until merger for the biggest pop, or sell along the way for short term gain if needed for other plays.

I nearly got in on ARKK and ARKG on Monday. Glad I held off. Even with yesterday's rise, I'm real leery of going in too big right now. Outside of some picking, I'm staying mostly in cash until there's real strength. At least more than one day here and there.
I’m not staying in cash (assuming you have a large portion in cash), just riding things out. I have some more stocks to buy so I may dabble on a few but I’m not seeing a huge fall off. Most of my high fliers have already trimmed a good amount and for the most part they have having good earnings reports. I bought BILI back in November and it’s tripled and hit a high of 155. It was at 150 on Friday and hit a low of about 116 on Tuesday. Had a great report last night and it’s back at 144. Just insane movement but I’m just hanging in there as my most volatile stuff is in IRAs and I like them LT. My cash account is a lot of AMZN and cash and other LT stuff.

Too many ups and downs to worry about. I feels like I’ve got a little bit more to buy and the. Maybe lock and load for a while and just make small tweaks.

GME launch is the ultimate Psychology study.

Literally, if everyone diamond-handed right now this thing probably hits $1000+ as there are not enough shares to cover the short positions.

But the whole market works on people being weak and everyone wanting to ensure they aren't the last bag holder.

Literally, if everyone diamond-handed right now this thing hits $1000+ as their are not enough shares to cover the short positions.

But the whole market works on people being weak and everyone wanting to ensure they aren't the last bag holder.
I wonder if this will hit $400 like last time. A lot of people will have learned their lesson. However, if hedge funds are taking a side next to retail, why not?

I wonder if this will hit $400 like last time. A lot of people will have learned their lesson. However, if hedge funds are taking a side next to retail, why not?
We are just all along for the ride. This is a hedge vs hedge war being fought. If this thing makes a move to $300, I think it will go past $800 as it gains fuel along the way in the options market.

An aside. Interesting tidbit from SQ's earnings:

In 2020, more than three million customers purchased or sold bitcoin on Cash App

In January 2021, more than one million customers purchased bitcoin through the app for the first time.

An aside. Interesting tidbit from SQ's earnings:

In 2020, more than three million customers purchased or sold bitcoin on Cash App

In January 2021, more than one million customers purchased bitcoin through the app for the first time.
Hey, nice to see some other stock discussions in here. Do you like SQ long term? I’ve only got 35 shares. Should have bought back in August when it was re-recommended at $80ish. I think we may see it touch close to $200 again.

Holy cow

Someone just bought a ton of 3/19 $500 GME calls at almost $3000 apiece.
This is what we want. This could very well be the people shorting as their algos are now saying the gamma squeeze is very much on the table. So the original bad guys end up being on the winning team too. Or just different hedge funds all lining up here for a massive play.

I think there is major support at GME at $125. 

GME in the Europe market hit 135 Euros = $164.70

GME hit $184 afterhours last night

GME hit $170 premarket today

No one is selling at $125. Let's see where this stock is with 20 minutes until the bell closes.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

Literally, if everyone diamond-handed right now this thing probably hits $1000+ as there are not enough shares to cover the short positions.

See now THIS sounds more like a ponzi scheme than Bitcoin...

Hey, nice to see some other stock discussions in here. Do you like SQ long term? I’ve only got 35 shares. Should have bought back in August when it was re-recommended at $80ish. I think we may see it touch close to $200 again.
Give me all the shares of all the War on Cash stocks. SQ, PYPL, MELI, V, MA. Yes. More please. Will they sell me some Stripe? I'll take it. No? Go make friends with Chamath and get back to me in 90 days. Then I'll buy. TIA.

I can buy it buy it but can't sell until the funds settle.  Is this an over the weekend hold or will the money be made tomorrow?
If it goes to $340 or something on Friday, you couldn't sell? No advice on that kind of situation. I expect it to end above $150 today though based on what happened in the European market, yesterday's after-market, and today's pre-market.

If it goes to $340 or something on Friday, you couldn't sell? No advice on that kind of situation. I expect it to end above $150 today though based on what happened in the European market, yesterday's after-market, and today's pre-market.
Yeah...I'd get slapped with a good faith violation.

For a somewhat safer play on GME premiums are sky high and you can get some pretty decent money selling some pretty low dollar puts.

3/19 $70p pay $1740 for a break even of $53. 

$50p pay $730 for breakeven $42.30 (lower than it was prior to this recent run)

$40p pay $420 (heh) breakeven $35.80

$20p pay $50 breakeven $19.50

Give me all the shares of all the War on Cash stocks. SQ, PYPL, MELI, V, MA. Yes. More please. Will they sell me some Stripe? I'll take it. No? Go make friends with Chamath and get back to me in 90 days. Then I'll buy. TIA.
Chamath doesn't have any SPAC big enough to take down Stripe IMO. It's all about Ackman. 

I know some people have expressed an interest in IIPR, the weed REIT, previously. Earnings were yesterday.

Q4 Revenue - $37.1 million, up 110% year over year. Missed estimates of $38.5 million.

Q4 Income - $21 million (.91/sh). Up from $9.6 million ($0.78/sh) YoY. Missed estimate of $1.07/sh. Obviously the miss was due to new share issuance. I believe to refi/pay down debt. I don't know the details here. Would be worth looking into before buying.

They had 2 tenants miss rent. They collected from all remaining tenants. One of those delinquents has already been replaced and a new lease signed. 

I didn't see updated info on lease length, though it might be in there. As of 7/2020, though, they had a weighted-average remaining lease term of approximately 16 years.

Between Jan. 1, 2020, and Feb. 24, 2021, the company acquired 22 medical cannabis properties.

Dividend has increased by 24% YoY.

I sold around $220 to get my basis out, which represented a triple for me. But it's down almost 19% on those results today, to $179 today. Current yield is about 2.75%.

It's pretty similar, but at least Gamestop has revenue.
I still don't see why revenue matters and I'm sure you know that there are a number of stocks at high valuations that don't have revenue. Investments, at a very high level, are about supply and demand. Bitcoin fits into that definition very well. 

Users who are viewing this thread