Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I still don't see why revenue matters and I'm sure you know that are a number of stocks at high valuations that don't have revenue. Investments, at a very high level, are about supply and demand. Bitcoin fits into that definition very well. 

It doesn't really matter, just saying I'd rather have the tulip that at least has the potential to generate cash flow one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3231

  • BassNBrew

    3176

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Just now, hooter311 said:

It's more akin to cutting a hole in the pockets of the guys running the ponzi scheme.

 

Crazy how the little guys can get painted the villain in any of this when it's the greed of the hedge funds over shorting the stocks that create the situation.

 

These guys win every day beating the little guy, this is the ultimate reap what they sow.

 

*And yes, ultimately it will be other big players that end up making the most money off this.

Lol at the last line. The naive folks seem to forget this. The billionaires who people love will make money from the villain billionaires.

The real little guys got in after $45, lost their shirt, got margin called and now are figuring out how to get back in over $100.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

It doesn't really matter, just saying I'd rather have the tulip that at least has the potential to generate cash flow one day.

 

Edited by hooter311
I'm dumb
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Desert_Power said:

It doesn't really matter, just saying I'd rather have the tulip that at least has the potential to generate cash flow one day.

I think you mistake the ability of blockchain to generate cash someday, but I certainly understand the skepticism.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hooter311 said:

it's the greed of the hedge funds over shorting the stocks that create the situation.

I'm not arguing against the greed of anyone, but there's no more inherent greed in shorting than there is in being long. They look at that stock, and their valuation models say it's overvalued, so they short it.

If they're taking those positions and then issuing short reports specifically to drive down the price so they can make money, OK. I get avarice directed at that whole game. The guy betting the Don't Pass line is crazy annoying, but his bet is no more greedy imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm not arguing against the greed of anyone, but there's no more inherent greed in shorting than there is in being long. They look at that stock, and their valuation models say it's overvalued, so they short it.

If they're taking those positions and then issuing short reports specifically to drive down the price so they can make money, OK. I get avarice directed at that whole game. The guy betting the Don't Pass line is crazy annoying, but his bet is no more greedy imo.

I'll do my part to make the "don't pass line" guy's life a living hell as well.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Once I sell GME/AMC, I will be transitioning into PayPal and Peloton. Both are attractive to me at the current prices.

I think Peleton is going much lower, all of these stay at home stocks are going to get whacked. PayPal is good long term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

I think Peleton is going much lower, all of these stay at home stocks are going to get whacked. PayPal is good long term. 

Stay at home is here to stay and people gotta get in vacation shape.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm not arguing against the greed of anyone, but there's no more inherent greed in shorting than there is in being long. They look at that stock, and their valuation models say it's overvalued, so they short it.

If they're taking those positions and then issuing short reports specifically to drive down the price so they can make money, OK. I get avarice directed at that whole game. The guy betting the Don't Pass line is crazy annoying, but his bet is no more greedy imo.

I agree with this to a point. The naked short sellers trying to ram companies into bankruptcy so they never have to cover their positions is crap. Let companies die naturally without the naked short positions accelerating it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Meanwhile market just utterly tanking today, yeesh.

Yeah and I was all excited when I was green at the open. Just wanted some flat days. Days like this, I tend to trail the market. We all knew it was going to happen, but it’s never fun. I do see some potential bargains, just wish I had sold a wee bit more than I did and held off on a few buys. No big deal as they were all in the 5 year plan, but still obviously better to buy cheaper. I may make some purchases but still don’t feel like it’s quite over yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I agree with this to a point. The naked short sellers trying to ram companies into bankruptcy so they never have to cover their positions is crap. Let companies die naturally without the naked short positions accelerating it.

Agreed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I think you mistake the ability of blockchain to generate cash someday, but I certainly understand the skepticism.  

I think blockchain is really cool technology. It's a great way to track ethically mined cobalt or unique NBA highlights you don't actually own.

I've just never connected to why I would want to own these coins as investment. They're never going to be used as a payment methods. Nobody knows what the actual "float" out there is. There is a lot of fraud and shady stuff that goes on with these (looking at you, Tether).

Edited by Desert_Power
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

I think blockchain is really cool technology. It's a great way to track ethically mined cobalt or unique NBA highlights you don't actually own.

I've just never connected to why I would want to own these coins as investment. They're never going to be used as a payment methods. Nobody knows what the actual "float" out there is. There is a lot of fraud and shady stuff that goes on with these (looking at you, Tether).

Pull up a chair next to me DP and help me yell at these kids on my lawn.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

But then I also believe naked shorting should result in fines that make the 2020 deficit look like my 14 year-old's VHS tape budget.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

An aside. Interesting tidbit from SQ's earnings:

In 2020, more than three million customers purchased or sold bitcoin on Cash App

In January 2021, more than one million customers purchased bitcoin through the app for the first time.

This is why I love PayPal as well. Fast-forward 5 years and 10X number of people (or more) will own some crypto. I am extremely bullish on these stocks.

I actually applaud the cool kid companies like TESLA that hold a portion of their cash-reserves in crypto. It's the ultimate hedge against the dollar, etc.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, identikit said:

So I'm a big dummy still holding $CCIV at about 14.5% profit.

 

Unsure on whether to sell at this point.

 

I know I missed the top...

 

Oy

 

@TripItUp ?

The production delays were a huge red flag for me.   I got out as soon as I could after that news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in a large cash position, trying to determine my next moves.   Rising rates really complicates the matter.  I may have to go with a boring, traditional strategy...SPACs/Growth was a lot more fun but there are headwinds that can't be overcome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

This is why I love PayPal as well. Fast-forward 5 years and 10X number of people (or more) will own some crypto. I am extremely bullish on these stocks.

I actually applaud the cool kid companies like TESLA that hold a portion of their cash-reserves in crypto. It's the ultimate hedge against the dollar, etc.

1 million people used square's Cash App to buy bitcoin for the first time in January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hooter311 said:

1 million people used square's Cash App to buy bitcoin for the first time in January.

yes PayPal added Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum as well. They take a transaction fee of $9.00 on $500 purchased. I think this will be like printing money from us boomers that don't want to jump through all the hassles of a crypto wallet. I will just keep everything in my PayPal account.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I am in a large cash position, trying to determine my next moves.   Rising rates really complicates the matter.  I may have to go with a boring, traditional strategy...SPACs/Growth was a lot more fun but there are headwinds that can't be overcome.

The SPAC gig may be up, and the only winners are the ones involved in the merger.  Almost every one I've been tracking that has announced a merger (past couple of months) is almost back to where it was prior to the merger announcement.  

Edited by beef
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

yes PayPal added Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum as well. They take a transaction fee of $9.00 on $500 purchased. I think this will be like printing money from us boomers that don't want to jump through all the hassles of a crypto wallet. I will just keep everything in my PayPal account.

Same here.  Not sure how other platforms do it, but Paypal's is brilliantly simple and easy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

The production delays were a huge red flag for me.   I got out as soon as I could after that news.

I think CCIV eventually rebounds and could be a score for folks and that's not wishful thinking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beef said:

The SPAC gig may be up.

I have VCVC and HZAC.  I'll hold VCVC because it's tied to REE.  HZAC trading at 10.35 so no immediate need to sell it - will hold and see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Buy Apple, they said.  It's bulletproof.  The earnings are ungodly.  You can't lose.  


Guess I'll buy more?

Seems like to me that everybody is getting out of these prestige stocks or whatever you want to call them in order to chase the fast money. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Once I sell GME/AMC, I will be transitioning into PayPal and Peloton. Both are attractive to me at the current prices.

Are you thinking as more of a day trade or short term swing trade, or as an actual longer term investment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steeler said:

I have VCVC and HZAC.  I'll hold VCVC because it's tied to REE.  HZAC trading at 10.35 so no immediate need to sell it - will hold and see what happens.

Not a ton of risk at those prices...you don't see many reputable SPACs go from 11 to 8, for example.

Edited by TripItUp
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buckna said:

Are you thinking as more of a day trade or short term swing trade, or as an actual longer term investment?

at some point, my wife is going to tire of me yelling STONKS and I may need to actually start working again. I like Peloton and PayPal for long-term growth. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

GBTC and  MARA down about 3%

RGBFF, MSTR and MOGO down about 8-9%. Could be some relative value in those

I've been buying MSTR. Up to 52 shares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

Ah hell, it's only money.....

50 GME Stonks.....MARKET NOT HELD!

Market reacted to GM joining the mission. Let's do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

at some point, my wife is going to tire of me yelling STONKS and I may need to actually start working again. I like Peloton and PayPal for long-term growth. 

I just had this conversation yesterday.  My of the argument was "let's focus on the results and not the process."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...