Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

Just now, Pigskin Fanatic said:

any thoughts on where this goes from here, sell and look for it to go sub-8 again, or watch it and hope it goes north of 10-11?

I sold 1000 out of 7000, holding the rest

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JAA said:

Lot of resistance at 150 for GME.  What is it going to take to push it past?  I dont think retail is selling, not at $150.  Must be on the options side?

Tinfoil hat:

Seems like the mob of retail is too varied to have such tight selling to keep it right around $150 ish, assuming they sell at all.

This seems like Hedges and Big Boys somehow capping/pulling it to this level through whatever method I don't understand.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JAA said:

Lot of resistance at 150 for GME.  What is it going to take to push it past?  I dont think retail is selling, not at $150.  Must be on the options side?

games they play. They want you to be happy to take 150. Over 150, lots of calls come in making this an even harder buy so the shorts have to try and have a stand here or rocketship is launched. I saw enough today to tell me they can't hold this back without some help. Let's hope SEC/Congess don't screw us.

These games are played every options payday. We are just getting it a day early on GME.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

West coast guys eat lunch between 9am and 10am.  In 20+ years working for 3 different hedge funds, I can probably count on both hands the number of times these lunches were eaten somewhere other than our desks.  Money never eats, pal.

It's true, I've seen how many crackers he can put on his mouth.

• Laughing 2

6 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

any thoughts on where this goes from here, sell and look for it to go sub-8 again, or watch it and hope it goes north of 10-11?

This is quite a daily move. I'm probably out by EOD one way or another, but my cost basis is $9.56 and it's almost 30% of the account now. That isn't sustainable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just found a bunch of Travelers checks that are probably 15 years old. Over/Under on how many tellers at the local bank branch have to get involved before someone knows what they are/what to do with them?

• Laughing 4

7 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

games they play. They want you to be happy to take 150. Over 150, lots of calls come in making this an even harder buy so the shorts have to try and have a stand here or rocketship is launched. I saw enough today to tell me they can't hold this back without some help. Let's hope SEC/Congess don't screw us.

These games are played every options payday. We are just getting it a day early on GME.

This is my biggest fear and why I took some off the table 

34 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

They are on different clocks. GTBC is only market hours, not even Pre or afterhours.

BTC itself is for sale 24/7

It's still trading at a discount when it normally trades at a premium. Each share of GBTC is 1/1030th of a bitcoin. Should be closer to $47.70 right now and that's just the equal price point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just found a bunch of Travelers checks that are probably 15 years old. Over/Under on how many tellers at the local bank branch have to get involved before someone knows what they are/what to do with them?

Over/Under on number of drinks you consume before you actually step foot in a physical bank? 

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

but it won;t get done even then

Looks like I may have sold myself a little short on UVXY today, but that's OK. The first two tranches were bought so poorly, it was fortunate I was able to get out 5% up. Will finish today up >2%, so no complaints. But I need to leave that evil witch alone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Take one to a restaurant and try and buy dinner with it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

They are on different clocks. GTBC is only market hours, not even Pre or afterhours.

BTC itself is for sale 24/7

3 minutes ago, CR69 said:

It's still trading at a discount when it normally trades at a premium. Each share of GBTC is 1/1030th of a bitcoin. Should be closer to $47.70 right now and that's just the equal price point. 

I was referring to the price of bitcoin at market close yesterday vs today. Maybe i'm missing something or it is just the discount/premium changing.

21 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

This is why we HODL. I love how these guys just can't stand that this stock is winning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ls8m0k/cramer_confusion_on_gme/

"this dollar store Louis CK looking ***** @@@ thinks YOURE a loser"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

23 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Are you holding over night?

31 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I have plenty of work to do but I feel like I need to babysit UVXY this afternoon :oldunsure:

That's another reason why I got out.  I do want to be online tomorrow either.  

Just now, David Dodds said:

diamond hands

believe in what you saw today.

was trading for $160 on Euro market

was trading $184 afterhours yesterday

was trading at $170 in premarket

flew past $150 to $180

halted three times early

the whole market is a sea of red and it's still at 140+

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You’re like Chevy Chase in Caddyshack with checks just lying around all over the house. I’m in awe. 

• Laughing 4

Not gonna bash Cramer but I will say he's out of touch.

One morning last month I was home and watching that morning squawk show he's on.

He told a story about needing a charging cord. As it went on, he solidified my belief. First he didn't know you could buy online and pick up. Next he went to Best Buy to pickup said order and saw a line to get in and couldn't understand why. Gets in line does his thing and leaves. Went on a tirade that Best Buy was purposely keeping customers out of the store (said he was in New Jersey). 

He's right, BB is keeping customers out. I'm sure there are occupancy limits as ordered by the government due to the pandemic. I know here in WV the governor mandated limits back in April and they haven't been eased to date. Lots of out of touch in one little story about a charging cable.

• Love 1

Getting my ### kicked about the same as Monday, correct that, worse. Not as bad as early Tuesday, but not a lot of time to recover. Feel like I should dip my toes into a couple stocks, but not sure it's over. May just stick with what I got and see how the week ends.

37 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

probably a bunch and then they will give you a number to call.  Then you probably have to go to your state's unclaimed property website.

As an fyi, everyone should check their unclaimed property website.  Any bonus there would be good for STONKS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

Today is definitely going to wash some people out of the market imo 

Stonks are down ... but I look at it as I still have the same shares as I did when the day started.

You only lose if you sell!

Edited by Bossman

Just now, Bossman said:

Stonks are down ... but I look at it as I still have the same shares as I did when the day started.

You only lose is you sell!

Don’t have to tell me but half the market is scared money.