What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

Down to 152 AH  :lol: I’ll see you guy in March...
That 152 won’t matter. Seems like an anomaly at the tail end of AH. But yeah, things are grumpy now. If you’re new to this it’s probably disconcerting but this is what owning growth is like. I added a little to AXON, FVRR, ETSY, SE, SQ, TTD, and ABNB today. Very little because I have decent positions already and I’m not sure this is over, but in 5 years I won’t even remember this.

Whelp I averaged down on TSLA.  Still have a crappy average ($740) but better than it was.  Hopefully this is just one in a long line of many TSLA dips and not an actual mid-term top.  Either way, I like the stock.

I am Miss Cleo predicting GME to drift up afterhours, I have no basis for this.
GME explodes tommorrow morning again. Traders will stay away from the bond market influence on conventional stocks. Traders instead will swing for the fence on GME, maybe AMC. This isn't financial advice, only my gut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp I averaged down on TSLA.  Still have a crappy average ($740) but better than it was.  Hopefully this is just one in a long line of many TSLA dips and not an actual mid-term top.  Either way, I like the stock.
Interesting move given our whole discussion a couple days ago about whether or not we are in a tech bubble.  Tesla is already priced like its going to eat the entire industry and has a CEO that openly tries to manipulate the value of its stock/investments on Twitter. If there is a tech bubble to pop, this might be the poster child.

Help...anyone else get one of these?
Yep - got one today.  One for BIP, which I had a grand total of 4k worth in an IRA for about a year.  Another for USO, which I owned for 3 days.

Eh, the chances of you exceeding $1,000 in UBTI is pretty small unless you had a big chunk of an LP or MLP in an IRA.  Most MLPs have negative UBTI, anyway.  I got a letter on those two and I'm 99.99% sure that they aren't anywhere close to the threshold.  

Interesting move given our whole discussion a couple days ago about whether or not we are in a tech bubble.  Tesla is already priced like its going to eat the entire industry and has a CEO that openly tries to manipulate the value of its stock/investments on Twitter. If there is a tech bubble to pop, this might be the poster child.
If we can't go to Mars, I don't really have any use for all this money anyways.

Yep - got one today.  One for BIP, which I had a grand total of 4k worth in an IRA for about a year.  Another for USO, which I owned for 3 days.

Eh, the chances of you exceeding $1,000 in UBTI is pretty small unless you had a big chunk of an LP or MLP in an IRA.  Most MLPs have negative UBTI, anyway.  I got a letter on those two and I'm 99.99% sure that they aren't anywhere close to the threshold.  
How do you like BIP? It rallied a good bit post election and has been on my shortlist.

YOLO and I have had such a wonderful life at that.

Today I go all-in with GME. 

First let me say that this is not sound financial advice and I am not a cat. Don't do what I do with money you can't lose. It's reckless at best and could implode on me in a big way.

I think there is a real chance (above 15%) that GME could get caught in a gamma squeeze. It tried to happen yesterday when the stock showed massive support at 125 which gave it fuel to push to 150. Breaking 150 triggers so many call options that once it broke through it was knocking on the 180s. Fuel stops get triggered at 125, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 800. Some serious money has put this options ladder into play.

But as we also saw yesterday, once the market turned massively red, it was nearly impossible to sustain this momentum and the hedge funds needing it go below 125 (for the first call options trigger) were able to suppress the stock by yesterday's closing bell.

But in Frankfurt the stock is already up 11.3%. and I don't believe retail was selling shares below $125 when the aftermarket the day before hit $184, Euro overnight was $160, and premarket US was $170. I think massive money was dumped to further short this thing. 

An all-out war is happening and we are all just along for the ride. I see this as a once in a lifetime event. The call options a few weeks out are also heavily being invested in so even if this thing does not get liftoff today, I sense this battle will continue for weeks if necessary.

We have a LOT of the stock in Diamond hands. Ryan Cohen's team is buying. Other hedge funds likely loaded when it bottomed below $50 this past week as well. Wall Street Bets crowd is buying and holding. Activists are in the game to punish the naked short-sellers on a company they have found memories of. We know that short-interest remains high and lots of tricks are being done to disguise the amount of that short position.  

This is not a situation likely to be repeated anytime soon. It's happening with GameStop because the company was so badly managed that it was truly vulnerable to go the way of Blockbuster. We now know that is off of the table. Gamestop isn't going anywhere. Cohen's team + allies will be pivoting. And to get the right team in place, this company will recall their stock (for voting). It happened last year and I believe will happen this year as well. When that happens, these synthetic positions allowing this massively leveraged short will be fully exposed.

Worst case scenario is I am stuck in a pivoting company that might not be that far from even earning their price valuation.

In short, I LIKE THE STOCK.

Assuming we have a mostly green stock market today, I am going to be doing the following:

1. I already moved in a sizeable mount of money into my trading account yesterday to have fresh ammunition.

2. Exit every non-GME position I own before the day's end.

3. Actively daytrade GME with the goal of ending up with massive shares of GME. I have an average price of $45.90 now. I am ok with ending up with an average price of $100. I am buying dips and selling highs and will be extremely active today to do my part to help trigger the $125 and $150 fueling points.

This game is being played way above all of our paygrades, but I saw enough yesterday that I think the gamma play (either today or in the near future) is a real possibility.

Know my shares are in diamond hands. I will be active, but I will end the day with at least twice my lofty position (and maybe a lot more).

YOLO and mostly for the LULZ.   

Been up since 3am watching the premarket action.

By golly, I think you're on to something.  It would have already plummeted if it was going to.

Currently holding 102 shares at $138.25 average.

I'm ready to double my position if given the opportunity.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Been up since 3am watching the premarket action.

By golly, I think you're on to something.  It would have already plummeted if it was going to.

Currently holding 102 shares at $138.25 average.

I'm ready to double my position if given the opportunity.
Best of luck. Our efforts may fail, but this is the right side to be on. I have a feeling we have some heavyweights on our side as well. The first battle happens at $125.

• Thanks
Best of luck. Our efforts may fail, but this is the right side to be on. I have a feeling we have some heavyweights on our side as well. The first battle happens at $125.
Win or lose, I'm just happy to be here for it.

That 15% chance of a "gamma squeeze" is worth the price of admission alone...

Something big is going to happen between now and the end of March.  Today almost seems too obvious so I'm not gonna be on the edge of my seat for it.

Even in the worst case scenario, this may still be a catalyst to rid us of that 2 day mandatory settlement period.

I don't know if I'm part of the problem, or the solution, but I'm here for it!

To be honest, "diamond hands" is an exercise of disobedience and ignorance that I out right adore.
I am holding my coal so hard that I turned it into diamonds. And yes, I also love the memes. This is all going to make the best movie too. We just need the happy ending part. 

• Thanks

First let me say that this is not sound financial advice and I am not a cat. Don't do what I do with money you can't lose. It's reckless at best and could implode on me in a big way.

I think there is a real chance (above 15%) that GME could get caught in a gamma squeeze. It tried to happen yesterday when the stock showed massive support at 125 which gave it fuel to push to 150. Breaking 150 triggers so many call options that once it broke through it was knocking on the 180s. Fuel stops get triggered at 125, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 800. Some serious money has put this options ladder into play.

But as we also saw yesterday, once the market turned massively red, it was nearly impossible to sustain this momentum and the hedge funds needing it go below 125 (for the first call options trigger) were able to suppress the stock by yesterday's closing bell.

But in Frankfurt the stock is already up 11.3%. and I don't believe retail was selling shares below $125 when the aftermarket the day before hit $184, Euro overnight was $160, and premarket US was $170. I think massive money was dumped to further short this thing. 

An all-out war is happening and we are all just along for the ride. I see this as a once in a lifetime event. The call options a few weeks out are also heavily being invested in so even if this thing does not get liftoff today, I sense this battle will continue for weeks if necessary.

We have a LOT of the stock in Diamond hands. Ryan Cohen's team is buying. Other hedge funds likely loaded when it bottomed below $50 this past week as well. Wall Street Bets crowd is buying and holding. Activists are in the game to punish the naked short-sellers on a company they have found memories of. We know that short-interest remains high and lots of tricks are being done to disguise the amount of that short position.  

This is not a situation likely to be repeated anytime soon. It's happening with GameStop because the company was so badly managed that it was truly vulnerable to go the way of Blockbuster. We now know that is off of the table. Gamestop isn't going anywhere. Cohen's team + allies will be pivoting. And to get the right team in place, this company will recall their stock (for voting). It happened last year and I believe will happen this year as well. When that happens, these synthetic positions allowing this massively leveraged short will be fully exposed.

Worst case scenario is I am stuck in a pivoting company that might not be that far from even earning their price valuation.

Assuming we have a mostly green stock market today, I am going to be doing the following:

1. I already moved in a sizeable mount of money into my trading account yesterday to have fresh ammunition.

3. Actively daytrade GME with the goal of ending up with massive shares of GME. I have an average price of $45.90 now. I am ok with ending up with an average price of $100. I am buying dips and selling highs and will be extremely active today to do my part to help trigger the $125 and $150 fueling points.

This game is being played way above all of our paygrades, but I saw enough yesterday that I think the gamma play (either today or in the near future) is a real possibility.

Know my shares are in diamond hands. I will be active, but I will end the day with at least twice my lofty position (and maybe a lot more).

I'm in for 100 in pre-market

:thumbup:

(sorry if I have cursed you with this move ... as I do with every rookie that I draft in the first round)

Well I certainly have enough so I’m not buying more but let’s goooooo

OK, I freed up some more cash last night.  Looks like everything is on sale.   What's the best buy?
Personally, I'm staying on the sidelines until this all shakes out, unless you're looking to short.

eta: I'm also generally a conservative investor but focus on momentum, which is in the downward direction right now. I'll gladly give up a few points to be sure things are looking up.

I liked the post responding about hanging tight. That said, I’m thinking of putting some cash to work on: ICLR, PLTR, GLD, PFE, long term AAPL calls. 
I dropped PLTR at the open yesterday but it will be one of the first I get back in to.

Users who are viewing this thread