What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

Low volume on almost everything on my list, whether up or down on the day. Not a lot of confidence in either direction it seems. I'm not sure if that's good news and is a signal that things will look better next week or if the next shoe is yet to drop.

It's kind of depressing, seems like CCIV really shot a hole through the SPAC bubble (and the broader market downturn didn't help, either). Keeping all my SPACs for now though, I still believe!  :tinfoilhat:
I am too. Down % wise but $ wise it's immaterial for the potential upside.  Sooner or later most of the weak hands will be shaken out. 

I am too. Down % wise but $ wise it's immaterial for the potential upside.  Sooner or later most of the weak hands will be shaken out. 
Yeah, the only one I've lost quite a bit on is IPOE. Violated my own "don't buy above $11" rule and paid dearly. :bag:  Should be fine long term, though.

Nowhere in there is proof that these shares were shorted.  They could have simply been sold.  As much as I love a good  :tinfoilhat:  story I need to see the ledgers that show shorting.

(I bought 1 GME at 100 so I could follow along with all this.  Yes, I'm a baller.)
So you dispute the FINRA data?

I'm seeing some really crazy pricing and contract offers in real estate markets where I own rentals.  I don't have an extremely large portfolio so that I can really sell much, but just seeing people pay crazy money.  Some of these new owners won't make 5% if they operate perfectly.  I don't like those odds.  I guess this is all a function of low rates because rents haven't grown to support the valuations.  The action on the 10 year also leads me to believe this soon ends in some real estate price declines.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JAA
SEC suspends 15 tickers due to questionable social media activity today.

Hmmm...  seems timely, doesn't it?
Not GME. If you read the release it mentions that no financial statements have been released by the companies for over a year. To be honest, I don’t blame them. These are ones like SFIO (not to pile on, just recall looking at them) but on Yahoo Finance, there’s no revenue or balance sheet/income/financials at all. Most companies have 4 years of stuff to easily look at. The only article is this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/smokefree-innotec-signs-definitive-agreement-143000658.html

I’m not really sure where Los Vegas is in Nevada, but I’ve been to Las Vegas a few times.

I would think that it would be a good thing for the SEC to halt trading if you’ve got companies with no financial information for years. The only thing you could be trading on is social media hearsay and we know the insiders won’t get hurt, just the random folks who invest and don’t even know how many outstanding shares there are.

I'm seeing some really crazy pricing and contract offers in real estate markets where I own rentals.  I don't have an extremely large portfolio so that I can really sell much, but just seeing people pay crazy money.  Some of these new owners won't make 5% if they operate perfectly.  I don't like those odds.  I guess this is all a function of low rates because rents haven't grown to support the valuations.  The action on the 10 year also leads me to believe this soon ends in some real estate price declines.
I’ve noticed that houses near some of the places I’ve looked for a 2nd/retirement home have seen a lot of increases lately. I figure with CV that beach and lake houses got a nice bump but I do think you are right about interest rates. Maybe people parking money at lower rates because they think that’s going away. I just refinanced and lowered the term to a 15 so I could double my principal payments so I’d have more money to put down when we want to move. By double I mean my payment amount goes up by $X moving to a 15, but the lower interest rate means the principal increase in each payment is $2X. Basically gives me a 100% return on the extra money. That’ll be good because I’d like to put down more when we move because I do anticipate rates being higher so we’d finance less.

I’ve noticed that houses near some of the places I’ve looked for a 2nd/retirement home have seen a lot of increases lately. I figure with CV that beach and lake houses got a nice bump but I do think you are right about interest rates. Maybe people parking money at lower rates because they think that’s going away. I just refinanced and lowered the term to a 15 so I could double my principal payments so I’d have more money to put down when we want to move. By double I mean my payment amount goes up by $X moving to a 15, but the lower interest rate means the principal increase in each payment is $2X. Basically gives me a 100% return on the extra money. That’ll be good because I’d like to put down more when we move because I do anticipate rates being higher so we’d finance less.
I don't think you can go wrong with that move.  I bought a beach place in 2017, preconstruction.  Going down to close it a week from today.  Some stupid stuff going on now price wise.  I got in mine so good I can afford to keep it but wishing I had bought two, and I considered that at the time.  The move would definitely be to sell one to lower the cash outlay in the other.  I bought where my kids like to go though and they are 10 and 6 so at the ages now is the time to do this and enjoy this part of our lives.  When we aren't using it the rental projections on this thing are pretty stout given my entry point.  I'd just hate to be that guy buying into it now.

Yeah, it's rate driven.  I bought one in September where the rent is only .63% of the price and it's still cashing flowing $600 a month.  25% down to get that rate so the return is 9.6% a year.  It's already appreciated 7.5% in 6 months.

Newer place that I didn't have to put more than $200 in.  Amazing what an investor loan at 3.375% will do for you vs. the ones I bought years ago at 5-6%.

So you dispute the FINRA data?
That thread quoted no data about the origin of those sales.  If FINRA says they were shorted, then I certainly don't dispute that.

Not GME. If you read the release it mentions that no financial statements have been released by the companies for over a year. To be honest, I don’t blame them. These are ones like SFIO (not to pile on, just recall looking at them) but on Yahoo Finance, there’s no revenue or balance sheet/income/financials at all. Most companies have 4 years of stuff to easily look at. The only article is this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/smokefree-innotec-signs-definitive-agreement-143000658.html

I’m not really sure where Los Vegas is in Nevada, but I’ve been to Las Vegas a few times.

I would think that it would be a good thing for the SEC to halt trading if you’ve got companies with no financial information for years. The only thing you could be trading on is social media hearsay and we know the insiders won’t get hurt, just the random folks who invest and don’t even know how many outstanding shares there are.
I was just joshing because there was talk of DD getting hacked, etc.

• Smile
That thread quoted no data about the origin of those sales.  If FINRA says they were shorted, then I certainly don't dispute that.

I was just joshing because there was talk of DD getting hacked, etc.
The thread shows the FINRA data and that the short interest is now at something like 12%. 

:kicksrock: that was an ugly week.

But if you had told me 29 days ago that the accounts would be up 3.6% for the month I'd have been okay with it.

• Thanks
:kicksrock: that was an ugly week.

But if you had told me 29 days ago that the accounts would be up 3.6% for the month I'd have been okay with it.

Down 16% on current holdings, but up 4% for the month.  Hopeful for March!
Well done gents.  Down 1.4% here.  I'll give you one guess who was down more at -3.6%.  If I wasn't carrying that boat anchor I would have been in the green for the month.  Also take note Tim Crook, you're on may radar.  

Down 16% on current holdings, but up 4% for the month.  Hopeful for March!
You can tell we're spoiled when we're hopeful for more than 4% in any month (my projections for the next couple decades are set at 4% annually). I mean that's >48% for a year. Considering I'm mostly buy and hold that would be great.

You can tell we're spoiled when we're hopeful for more than 4% in any month (my projections for the next couple decades are set at 4% annually). I mean that's >48% for a year. Considering I'm mostly buy and hold that would be great.
My goal is always 1% for the week and I'm happy when I hit it.

Good month overall - current market kind of petrifies me, but not enough to do much about it I guess. 

If anyone smarter than me wants a challenge: help figure out how the $SBVRF -> $IRCLF combination is going to work. Possible 25%+ upside in like a month. I tried writing about it for more context. My attempts to get them to explain it have failed. 

Current favorite trade is buying $PSTH and selling $35 covered calls for June. Written about here, but it’s extremely attractive. Doesn’t seem like $PSTH has priced in the potential early access to $PSTH2 yet, either, making it an even better deal (could maybe even stretch the covered calls to $40). 

Good month overall - current market kind of petrifies me, but not enough to do much about it I guess. 

If anyone smarter than me wants a challenge: help figure out how the $SBVRF -> $IRCLF combination is going to work. Possible 25%+ upside in like a month. I tried writing about it for more context. My attempts to get them to explain it have failed. 

Current favorite trade is buying $PSTH and selling $35 covered calls for June. Written about here, but it’s extremely attractive. Doesn’t seem like $PSTH has priced in the potential early access to $PSTH2 yet, either, making it an even better deal (could maybe even stretch the covered calls to $40). 
Geezus Christie dude.  Congrats on winning life.

Not so fun.  Down about 50K on PLTR calls and jumping into GME twice.  

Leaving the tourny stocks and back to grinding. 

Currently in.

AAPL 1000 shares

AVGO - 100 Shares

ETFM - 750000 shares

NIO - 1000 shares

RIOT - 500 shares.

and a bunch of options for PLTR and NIO

Planning on dumping NIO and apple and day trading the MEME stocks for a bit.

I lost a ton and want to make it back.  plan on adding to RIOT.

:blackdot: Will be checking this out monday 

Currently in.

AAPL 1000 shares

AVGO - 100 Shares

ETFM - 750000 shares

NIO - 1000 shares

RIOT - 500 shares.

and a bunch of options for PLTR and NIO

Planning on dumping NIO and apple and day trading the MEME stocks for a bit.

I lost a ton and want to make it back.  plan on adding to RIOT.
FOMO Corp, lol. 

Just looked through mine.

Swing trading account still up 14% in February but it was at 30% at the Feb highs so gave a big chunk back.  I've trimmed most of the fat there and am in mostly stuff I am willing to hold there through more potential pain now whereas that account tends to be more speculative.  Shroom OTCs and NNOX the last remaining speculative junk there but I am OK holding those as I think they'll have their day (and not a big % of the account).

Long term account surprisingly holding strong at 5%, was 16% at Feb highs.  Large holdings in DIS (my sweet baby) and ABNB have helped a lot there.

IRA is very heavy DIS and isn't far off the highs.

If this is the bottom I'll be very happy with how things have held up although it's painful to see the fall from the highs, especially since the way I'm repositioned into somewhat less volatile stuff I doubt I see as much of a run-up as the drop I saw on the way down even if the market returns to where it was.

I'm not sure we are done with the pain though.  There is major SPY support at 369 (heh) and I wouldn't be shocked if we re-tested that.  On the flipside we are sitting right on the 50 SMA/EMA (they are at the same spot) right now (which is what we bounced off of last time) and if we did have a nice bounce day it could also look like a really nice bottom in an ascending channel.

369 support

Potential ascending channel off 50sma/ema

My goal is always 1% for the week and I'm happy when I hit it.
I'm happy with 1% per month.  So far this year just barely hitting that.  Biggest move, of all things, was dumping TLT for FBND in early January.  10k right there.

I'm not a huge stock guy but I did have the foresight to purchase a few stocks last year and have done very well with them. My best two were 100 shares of Brinker (EAT) bought at around 15 and sold last week for 71 and CIT group (CIT) purchased for 17 and sold last week for 40. I sold a few others for a total profit of around 10K. 

I understand how to buy and sell normal stocks and purchased 100 shares of AMC yesterday morning at a share price of around $8.00. So, apparently some supposedly great thing happened because the stock closed above $8.00 (it closed at $8.01). I watched a you tube video of someone trying to explain it but I think he sorted about 14 grams of cocaine before making the video so it didn't really help.

From what I understand, there were a bunch of short orders that expired yesterday at a price of $8.00 and below which will force them to buy a ton of shares that should make the share price go up. They were talking about a gamma squeeze or something like that. I'm sure there's a lot more to it but can someone tell me if this makes any sense and possibly explain it in a sensible non-cocaine induced manner? Thank you kindly.

Users who are viewing this thread