What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

Think I'm done buying for today.  

TQQQ - up to a full position, but would still consider adding more.  

UTSL - half

PLTR - half

BLDP - quarter

AI - quarter/new

QS - quarter/new

IPOE - half/add (started a day trade position too)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is going on with $SI?
Anything growth/speculative is getting hammered.   I cut a large part of my position a few weeks ago(reported in here)...but still hold some(1/4 of cost basis) and plan on holding it long.  

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I'm also done buying for today, running low on cash.

Bought 100 QS, 100 SPCE, 100 BLDP, holding PLTR puts and LAZR puts that I sold which means I'll be a buyer of those. And then threw a haymaker at AMZN with a call for January 2022, strike price of $3700 for $120. That's a 12 large bet on an AMZN turnaround. I need some air.

companies I can't wait to get back into, but may take several months or even years

• SQ
  • ABNB
  • CRSP
  • PYPL
  • U
  • NVDA

It won't be a brick and mortar business for long. You need to rethink what GameStop is and what it's soon to be. This is essentially an IPO on Ryan Cohen's new company. Sale price ends today.
Really, so how’s it different than the other similar stocks getting creamed?

Really, so how’s it different than the other similar stocks getting creamed?
About 55 million (and growing) shares that don't exist need to be covered. And the institutions and people are hodling for $800+

• Thanks
It will be Chewy for gamers in 3 years. 
Chewy is a $40B market cap company. 

GME is around $10B. If you think GME is on the way to becoming the Chewy for gamers, it's a great long-term story on top of the short-term squeeze. The market just isn't used to buying value on the come instead of after the fact. 

I like the stock. 

• Smile
Chewy is a $40B market cap company. 

GME is around $10B. If you think GME is on the way to becoming the Chewy for gamers, it's a great long-term story on top of the short-term squeeze. The market just isn't used to buying value on the come instead of after the fact. 

I like the stock. 
I am daytrading this, but I am also long on GME. Clearly if it squeezes, we have to cash out, but I will be back in once it trades normally again. I definitely like  Ryan Cohen's plan. I have a feeling we start hearing more about that vision starting next week. 

• Love
I'm also done buying for today, running low on cash.

Bought 100 QS, 100 SPCE, 100 BLDP, holding PLTR puts and LAZR puts that I sold which means I'll be a buyer of those. And then threw a haymaker at AMZN with a call for January 2022, strike price of $3700 for $120. That's a 12 large bet on an AMZN turnaround. I need some air.
:doh:

That guy's mug is just screaming "I want you to have to work until 80"

Wish I could sell some of these winners today but I'm now dealing with settled funds issues.

@David Dodds What's the available margin percentage on your account to pull off all this day-trading?

I am daytrading this, but I am also long on GME. Clearly if it squeezes, we have to cash out, but I will be back in once it trades normally again. I definitely like  Ryan Cohen's plan. I have a feeling we start hearing more about that vision starting next week. 
"The Chewy of gaming" isn't a plan. Is there a plan?

Hey @David Dodds are they talking about $SKT in whatever weird part of the internet you spend your time? Trending on WSB, large short position. 
I think these new tickers a day (Silver, AMC, RKT, and now SKT) are efforts to try and divert people from buying GME. We have the shorts in GME on the ropes. It's the main reason I liquidated everything else. I want to keep pushing on GME. The Call options that trigger today, 3/19, and 4/16 are massive. These ITM calls are increasing daily (I am tracking via spreadsheet each day).

IMO, GME will be halted at some point and will likely require SEC / Congress or other intervention because this is a squeeze that worked. Shares are theoretically worth infinity. I am hoping to get $800 a share (the price of the highest call option).

And although the biggest money will be for the bold that play options, I think this is a situation where I prefer holding the shares.  

• Smile
Im believing more and more in the gamma squeeze.  Looking at the daily trends of GME, like 3-5% each and every day, it screams to me of an automated trickle-based buyback algorithm.  If all the shorts came in on a single day, the price would exponentially increase.  So instead, all these shorted positions are slowing but surely buying bits each day.  However, the diamond hands of the meme stocks are causing the increase in share, each and every day.

I'm curious if we will see a 330pm jump as shorty hedgers fear for next week.

Maybe a dumb thought, possibly more long term too, but...  Why aren't utility/electric companies doing better, and is there a surge coming?  

With all this push to EV and electric everything, you have to to use the power they sell to charge it.  EV tech up, battery tech up, charging stations up, I get it.  Then you have wind/solar/alternative power companies on the rise.  Well, maybe before this past month but there was still a huge boom.  There's probably some SPAC out there ready to take "rubbing your feet on the carpet for static electricity" public too.  In the end, whether you're creating power or the using it, someone needs to deliver it and is that not the EXC, PPL, Dukes, Dominions of the country?   And most are still down or in what seems like a "value".  
Cause they really arent for profit.  They make more money by making rate cases to hike up costs to end users.  They dont get to charge what they want.  The also dont get to spend a lot on operations.  Really thin margins.  However, they have guaranteed revenue.

Users who are viewing this thread