What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

That and I think RIOT was at the point where you were paying a 1000000000000000% multiple over their annual mining output :lol:  
I've realized how quick the market over reacts to any news. Good or bad. So fickle.

"Musk bought Bitcoin ..." crypto stocks go bonkers ...

Then the hype settles and stock price falls back in line. Gotta get in and out fast I suppose.

Wish I didn't have to have this day job so I could focus on cashing in on these "quick-reaction" moments.

Stuffed the channel a bit more on BLDP at lunch.  Other than that just hanging out watching some crazy ups and downs.  Mostly downs.

Also, if folks are looking for entry points, SPOT has been smoked lately and about at a resistance price.  I was way up on this and now actually down a tad.  I need more cash...

Last edited by a moderator:
I see rates stabilizing here over the next month or two. GCV is a great long term hold. I would buy more with the recent drop.

I love convertibles period. Great asset class to always have in your portfolio. 
2% expense ratio seems high relative to the miniscule %s we've grown accustomed to paying over the years. Is that simply typical of convertible funds or there's some reason you think they're worth it? I can't claim to have any particular experience here.

TIA. :wub:  . 🥂 :reacharound:

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
SPAC question:

Not sure if this is relevant or there is precedence with this regarding SPAC's but I'm currently holding SVFA. Tomorrow both SVFB and SVFC open for trading. I really don't have much experience with SPAC's but it would seem to me that something would be coming with A if you are already moving forward with B & C. Any sense to that thinking or examples of other companies doing something similar?

Btc now in it's 3rd day of hitting resistance between 51k-52k.

Very important that it breaks from this range soon. If it happens today I'm almost certain we get a new all time high by Friday.

I think it was a good thing the futures opened a little weak today so they can gain momentum during trading hours and hopefully turn on the jets after hours.
Over 53K now... wonder what we will see in the AM.

Let's see what it does after the all time high is breached.  It is important for the long term price of btc that gbtc trades at some kind of premium. Even if it's just a few percent.
I keep buying more (already own a fair amount of crypto) in our IRAs but starting to get a little nervous lol. 

Stuffed the channel a bit more on BLDP at lunch.  Other than that just hanging out watching some crazy ups and downs.  Mostly downs.

Also, if folks are looking for entry points, SPOT has been smoked lately and about at a resistance price.  I was way up on this and now actually down a tad.  I need more cash...
Thanks for the reminder. I've been wanting this in my LT portfolio for awhile. That being said, that chart is pretty bearish now.

SPAC question:

Not sure if this is relevant or there is precedence with this regarding SPAC's but I'm currently holding SVFA. Tomorrow both SVFB and SVFC open for trading. I really don't have much experience with SPAC's but it would seem to me that something would be coming with A if you are already moving forward with B & C. Any sense to that thinking or examples of other companies doing something similar?
I don't really think it means much. It could mean the SPAC operator sees another opportunity (was a bull case on FPAC) or could just mean the management team likes the structure as a way to add value to their own bottom line (Chamath?).  It's probably a slightly positive sign that sponsor sees more opportunity in the market...even if just for themselves.  PE firms often act the same way.

I've never really liked Softbank and feel like their involvement with fraudulent companies and risky LEAPs is at least a caution flag.  YMMV.

BLDP doesnt look like its at the bottom.  How much farther do you think it could go?
Going to say if you want to try and time 3-5-7% more downside.....do so. But IMO the stock will potentially get away from you at these levels. 

Remember.....I have told many here this is a potential 10 bagger long term. The level it is at right now is maybe 5-7% higher than when I first gave this pick.

This is a tremendous chance to get in long term. I think we have seen the worst. This thing has corrected a ton in the last week and half. Time to buckle up again soon for a ride back to 40 in the near term (2021) and higher as we keep moving beyond this year.

Good luck everyone. 

Thanks for the reminder. I've been wanting this in my LT portfolio for awhile. That being said, that chart is pretty bearish now.
Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term.

Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your original investment out and ride the free roll. For those that did that.....you can buy back some more here as well. 

It is a volatile sector but to me this is one of the very best players in hydrogen cell’s. 

Anyway.....again top picks after this correction we have had are:

BLDP

QS

EBS

AAPL

AMZN

Growth names. Three of them really high beta and the two stalwart tech companies at much ,lower levels than we have seen in quite sometime but they keep rolling in the revenues like clockwork. 

We saw some kinks in the armor of the Nasdaq as it has been slaughtered as expected. 

I am actually starting to get really bullish again with the recovery as I am stating to see a lot more business activity, and the numbers are really accelerating in terms of vaccinations, confidence and sentiment that we are going to move to more normalcy sooner than we thought. 

I have a lot of confidence in that now. If feels like we are really moving in the right direction with the pandemic for the first time since this thing started. So in the short term that means good news for stocks.

Interest Rates really had a temper tantrum and I really expect that to settle in right here at these levels and stabilize which also means great news for stocks.

Could we still have another 10% correction or more? Of course. Not unusual at all. But those of you that are long term investors.....feel good, keep doing what you do with your 401K’s.....and do not get so worked up about market volatility. 

Ok...time to work. Take care everyone.

todem, your work in here shines in stark contrast against the traders (of whom I identify) to represent true investments. Your post above about trying to squeeze out, or time, the last single-digit percent drop to buy at the trough is pure wisdom, thanks for that. And the post after which touts AAPL, AMZN, etc,---I am happy to tail you on that one, already did, really. Thanks for your insights. Know that they are valued.

Just heard Andrew Ross Sorkin claim that if a group of people get together and decide to go long or go short on a stock and if they act collectively, then that is illegal. To his credit, Pat Toomey (who was being interviewed) demurred, saying that he is not the expert in this area. Then he pushed back and mentioned investment clubs who may act in unison and Sorkin hedged a bit, saying that they need to act as one. They were talking about GME obviously, and I think Sorkin is wrong but I know less about the law than anyone. Feels like Sorkin is interpreting the law how he wants which obviously favors the institutions. On CNBC now with Petterfy who may provide Sorkin some defense.

ETA: Petterfy is talking like a conservative, saying that the SEC and the powers that be should do nothing and let the markets self-correct. Sorkin is flustered.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term.

Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your original investment out and ride the free roll. For those that did that.....you can buy back some more here as well. 

It is a volatile sector but to me this is one of the very best players in hydrogen cell’s. 

BLDP

QS

EBS

AAPL

AMZN

Growth names. Three of them really high beta and the two stalwart tech companies at much ,lower levels than we have seen in quite sometime but they keep rolling in the revenues like clockwork. 

We saw some kinks in the armor of the Nasdaq as it has been slaughtered as expected. 

I am actually starting to get really bullish again with the recovery as I am stating to see a lot more business activity, and the numbers are really accelerating in terms of vaccinations, confidence and sentiment that we are going to move to more normalcy sooner than we thought. 

I have a lot of confidence in that now. If feels like we are really moving in the right direction with the pandemic for the first time since this thing started. So in the short term that means good news for stocks.

Interest Rates really had a temper tantrum and I really expect that to settle in right here at these levels and stabilize which also means great news for stocks.

Could we still have another 10% correction or more? Of course. Not unusual at all. But those of you that are long term investors.....feel good, keep doing what you do with your 401K’s.....and do not get so worked up about market volatility. 

Thanks Todem,

You still confident in EXC with the possibly division of the company?

Also, AMT still a good bet in your opinion?

Going to say if you want to try and time 3-5-7% more downside.....do so. But IMO the stock will potentially get away from you at these levels. 

Remember.....I have told many here this is a potential 10 bagger long term. The level it is at right now is maybe 5-7% higher than when I first gave this pick.

This is a tremendous chance to get in long term. I think we have seen the worst. This thing has corrected a ton in the last week and half. Time to buckle up again soon for a ride back to 40 in the near term (2021) and higher as we keep moving beyond this year.

Good luck everyone. 
Thanks Todem, picked up a 140 shares to just park for the long term

Trimmed some FLGT at $106, will buy back in this afternoon when it retreats to $90, like it always does.

BLDP

QS

EBS

AAPL

AMZN

:thanks:

I'm in for the long term.

I'm getting smarter as the years go by.  Instead of just plowing money in January at whatever price I've learned to be more patient.  Made the yearly moves now with EBS, BLDP and TAN.

Waiting to unload FDX at earnings report March 18th-ish and then looking for more good buys.

BLDP doesnt look like its at the bottom.  How much farther do you think it could go?

Good luck everyone. 
I saw it open 8% up and jumped.  I bought a smallish position @23.2992

Users who are viewing this thread