• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

1 hour ago, JAA said:

I aint buying ####.  See you in a couple weeks

🕊️

I went all cash, outside of a few in my play money account, on 2/22 waiting for some positive signs that never came. I almost sunk a lot into ARK's on that day. So glad I held off.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I’ve been letting the dip ride before buying in.  Looking to buy a bunch of VTI and VB. Is now time to buy in?  Further dips expected?

I sold my SPTM and almost bought into VTI on the 22nd as well, thanks to your advice in the Personal Finance thread. I'm willing to wait for a confirmed turn around even if it means losing out a little. It's fallen far enough to wait, imo.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

I don't like how you made me check how much I'm down on FPAC

My SPAC account is an ugly, ugly sight at the moment. May try lowering my cost basis on some of them, I suppose.

28 minutes ago, caustic said:

For anyone interested in (a little bit of) free money, FPAC and ETAC are trading below $10. 

Probably because Farley's  a ####

25 minutes ago, caustic said:

My SPAC account is an ugly, ugly sight at the moment. May try lowering my cost basis on some of them, I suppose.

I've just been buying new SPACs. This seems to happen every few months.

• Like 1

I am officially out of the stock market selling everything except GME.

I am adding to my GME position daily.

YOLO life. 

• Like 4

sold off SM as i didn't plan on it to be a long term hold and wanted some more cash if this continues for other positions. It was 1 of only a few green positions in my blood red portfolio...

i actually went to all cash a while ago and other than SIRI ( long term holding) and some play money in GME I am on the sideline relative to stocks. 

I am HODL relative to my BTC and a little bit of DOGE. ( I know, it is a dog, but why not - dumber things have happened) 

That all being said, the market is down, but not that bad - we are talking a point or less.. why all the doom and gloom? 

2 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

i actually went to all cash a while ago and other than SIRI ( long term holding) and some play money in GME I am on the sideline relative to stocks. 

I am HODL relative to my BTC and a little bit of DOGE. ( I know, it is a dog, but why not - dumber things have happened) 

That all being said, the market is down, but not that bad - we are talking a point or less.. why all the doom and gloom? 

The nasdaq is down almost 9% in the last few weeks.

• Like 1

So apparently now the entire market moves at an exact 100% correlated inverse to the 10-year note (TNX).  Like literally almost percent for percent during this whole move.

Yet in the whole big run-up almost no one mentioned that as the catalyst for the run-up.  It's bizarre that this suddenly became the singular thing that drives the markets almost all on its own.

• Like 3

Perhaps Im a glutton for punishment, but Im still slowly adding to stuff I like as we slide downward all over.

Have gotten particularly interested in FUBO and TIGR.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Are you anticipating launch at any time or specifically on the 19th?

I think the 19th makes the most sense, but I just want to clear the deck and have cash and GME to jump into any fire sales like we saw this past Friday.

It has been a day-trading gem so I will buy and sell each day with the goal of ending up with additional shares day to day. I have already realized massive gains in this stock and am nearly freerolling right now. 

I could likely make a lot more money short term playing this like I played AMC moving giant blocks of shares on sells and buys, but I just don't want to miss the big jumps.

I am hoping this doesn't end on the 19th as it's been extremely profitable moving in and out.

• Like 1

Remember when I explained that UWMC would dominate as rates increased? Today is a great example of that. They announced that they will be lowering their rates dramatically, added a competitive jumbo product, teased more tech in the future and told brokers that they must choose.... either them or Quicken/Rocket and Fairway. Most brokers will choose UWM and drop Rocket and Fairway versus drop UWM. Stock moved has been up since being down for a while.... still a buy in my view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I think is happening right now with regards to GME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncq35zrFCAg

If everyone holds, We all win. These last two days in the market solidify my belief that retail will hold at least until $180/share. If this stock finishes higher than $150 on 3/5 or 3/19, it is literally game over as the call options likely start a gamma squeeze soon after.

At some point, these same naked shorts are going to switch sides and blast this past $800 a share. At that price, there are more call options than float essentially creating a situation where SEC or Congressional intervention will likely need to happen.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

:fishy::doh:

:jawdrop: :grad:

:lmao:

Bought AMZN call for Jan 2022 yesterday before the close, sold for 9% gain this morning on its little pop. Whos’s laughing now? I may rinse and repeat once my #### descend again. That was harrowing. 

14 minutes ago, Todem said:

Buys today:

BLDP

QS

LMT

I feel good when I’m three for three with Todem even before checking this board. The grasshopper is learning. (Though I’m more neutral on LMT—holding not buying)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't anticipate tomorrow being much better heading into the weekend but it will be real tempting to buy at the close.

But the fear of testing the October lows is real.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

So tired of hearing about GME.  I really hope it tanks.

Yeah I'm bitter and all this tomfoolery with the market is not good

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to create a GME/AMC/Reddit STONKS thread like we did for CYDY.  IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to create a GME/AMC/Reddit STONKS thread like we did for CYDY.  IMHO.

I agree. People were all reluctant to do that but imagine still talking cydy in here. Ended up being smart. 

• Like 2

Market is setting up for some great buying opportunities here.

I'm not saying to catch a falling knife, but when the macro story changes there will be a sizeable rebound IMHO.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Nigel said:

consider yourself lucky

No ####. HFS I’m getting bludgeoned. Soon the old “I’m still way up from the start of 2020” won’t mean crap. Damn.

I will likely do a bit more nibbling. Some serious deals out there now.

3 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Market is setting up for some great buying opportunities here.

I'm not saying to catch a falling knife, but when the macro story changes there will be a sizeable rebound IMHO.

Yup!

We're not selling our house until April. I wish it was now so I could send our FA some more money.

Just now, stbugs said:

No ####. HFS I’m getting bludgeoned. Soon the old “I’m still way up from the start of 2020” won’t mean crap. Damn.

I’m at mid-November so I’m not sweating this but it’s obviously annoying. 

• Like 1

Serious question - do folks think the ARK funds will eventually rebound like everything else, or have they jumped the shark? Are investors done with these cutting edge innovative companies?

1 minute ago, NajehHejan said:

Serious question - do folks think the ARK funds will eventually rebound like everything else, or have they jumped the shark? Are investors done with these cutting edge innovative companies?

Damn, down 26%. I think they rebound but it’s going to be awhile before they get the same inflows of money. A lot of people were under the impression they only go up and Cathie Woods was some kind of investing god. The ferocity of the drop was a wake up call. 

4 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

I think what we're seeing is natural, expected and healthy.

What was will be again. Get ready to buy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

Time Horizon dependent.  I'm out of them completely sans ARKK in my IRAs.

3 hours ago, Buckna said:

Nasdaq is getting very close to official correction territory.

Now well past official correction territory intraday 11% off the ATH.

S&P 500 is starting to roll over as well. Was barely affected a little over a week ago, but now down almost 6% from the high.

Either looking at a good buying opportunity coming up or some “roosting!”

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Added slightly to SE, SEDG, and FVRR intraday.

ETA: Nice post number

Edited by Desert_Power
  • Like 1

A few wins today...Sold the UWMC i bought yesterday early this morning for a 15% profit  at $10.52 and have be buying in the mid 8s.  Huge buying opportunity here.  Will DCA down as needed.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

I'm still green Q and F.  Down a little in G.  Riding them out.  Cathie likes to look long and I'll stay long for her.    

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2