Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

31 minutes ago, jamny said:

What's the expected market reaction if the House votes for the $1.9 trillion package tomorrow?

Hard to say which news items are/aren't baked into the markets already, but my take is that the passage of a big stimulus got baked in following the GA runoffs. Everyone expects it to happen. Will be interested to see what happens when the $1400 checks start going out, though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SFBayDuck said:

TSLA up 18%, SE up 10%, BLDP up 11%....nice bounce back from some of the stocks that have been hit recently

IPOE up 16%, DM up 17%.  No doubt these were pushed lower yesterday and are having a reflexive bounce today.

I averaged down pretty good on BLDP, so at least made one good move yesterday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, caustic said:

Hard to say which news items are/aren't baked into the markets already, but my take is that the passage of a big stimulus got baked in following the GA runoffs. Everyone expects it to happen. Will be interested to see what happens when the $1400 checks start going out, though. 

Millenials: YOLO!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

There are plenty of believers in BTC obviously, both from utility and as an asset.

I don't understand why there isn't a lot of arbitage, especially to pull it up to par.  

Seems there would be a lot of people holding both BTC however and GBTC.  Sell BTC to buy GBTC when there's a discount?

Why doesn't it trade tighter to price?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Todem said:

And yes AMT is a winner.

@Todem any other REITs you are high on long term?  I'd like to get out of the Schwab REIT ETF (SCHH) I own in my IRA and put that into 3-5 individual REITs.  I have AMT (just added more) and WPC right now.

1 hour ago, Capella said:
1 hour ago, jamny said:

What's the expected market reaction if the House votes for the $1.9 trillion package tomorrow?

I’m assuming jackpot but who ever really knows. 

Pretty sure today is the reaction to the 1.9 trillion package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

Trimmed some FLGT at $106, will buy back in this afternoon when it retreats to $90, like it always does.

This stock ticker is almost offensive ... I'll leave it at that.

12 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

It's run by Dr. Nick Rivera?  

I'm guessing everyone has dumped this stock already?  Thought Chet was going long here?  

Just now, Swaymoney said:

I'm guessing everyone has dumped this stock already?  Thought Chet was going long here?  

Everyone moved their money to UUUU, Chet's 2021 pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Todem said:

Going to say if you want to try and time 3-5-7% more downside.....do so. But IMO the stock will potentially get away from you at these levels. 

Remember.....I have told many here this is a potential 10 bagger long term. The level it is at right now is maybe 5-7% higher than when I first gave this pick.

This is a tremendous chance to get in long term. I think we have seen the worst. This thing has corrected a ton in the last week and half. Time to buckle up again soon for a ride back to 40 in the near term (2021) and higher as we keep moving beyond this year.

Good luck everyone. 

Long Term? 2y. 5y. 10y?

Great day in the play account.  I got out of everything but GME and RIOT.  And I tried to get out of RIOT to preserve that big jump. Going to take a breather tomorrow to let the cash settle and then will look to trail some winners.  

• Love 1

A quick scan of the accounts shows a nice little bounce, between 3-7% each. still down a lot over the last month. I think I'm still up YTD but won't run the numbers for 22 more days.

• Like 2

Solid day with lots of positive technical signs. Shame about the dip in the Dow at the end.

Gonna give it another day but expect to start moving back in tomorrow barring the unexpected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamny said:

Solid day with lots of positive technical signs. Shame about the dip in the Dow at the end.

Gonna give it another day but expect to start moving back in tomorrow barring the unexpected.

I think the stimulus is igniting a lot more speculative investment.  All my pennies are up today ... well mostly all of them.  In addition, my boring stonks like LUV, SWX, GE, etc all down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sand said:

6% in gambool account.  Crazy day.

8.5% for me in the rollover, though I’ve likely been beaten up more than most recently. Still down 22% from peak a few weeks ago. I also trimmed from a few that ran today so I’ve got some cash to play with - need to be more patient with it than I’ve been. 

• Like 1

Good article here on Cathy Woods' Top 10 holdings and some of her thoughts on future technologies, bitcoin, etc.  In ascending order:

SPOT, TWST, Z, PSTG, NVTA, SQ, TDOC, CRSP, ROKU, TSLA.

The beta of that group is about 87.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

8.5% for me in the rollover, though I’ve likely been beaten up more than most recently. Still down 22% from peak a few weeks ago. I also trimmed from a few that ran today so I’ve got some cash to play with - need to be more patient with it than I’ve been. 

I'm still down 11%.  

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

This.  I did the same. Patience and more Todem picks

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JAA said:

GME at +25% today is scary.  Its ####### Tuesday.  Nothing good happens ever on Tuesdays.

Scary? This is literally the dip. 3 days from now and you are going to wish you had doubled down when it was only $245. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2