What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

I think I will go a little FOMO tomorrow morning with RBLX and a 10 share market order at the open.  Then ill play it all @David Doddscool and be like on the outskirts looking in.  I will be thinking about buyin the dips, checking volume, reading some DD and dropping some FUD.  Im guessing by 9:37am or so Ill submit my big enchilada market order at the peak and watch those tendies dribble away over the next 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the expected market reaction if the House votes for the $1.9 trillion package tomorrow?
Hard to say which news items are/aren't baked into the markets already, but my take is that the passage of a big stimulus got baked in following the GA runoffs. Everyone expects it to happen. Will be interested to see what happens when the $1400 checks start going out, though. 

There are plenty of believers in BTC obviously, both from utility and as an asset.

I don't understand why there isn't a lot of arbitage, especially to pull it up to par.  

Seems there would be a lot of people holding both BTC however and GBTC.  Sell BTC to buy GBTC when there's a discount?

Why doesn't it trade tighter to price?

Todem said:
Going to say if you want to try and time 3-5-7% more downside.....do so. But IMO the stock will potentially get away from you at these levels. 

Remember.....I have told many here this is a potential 10 bagger long term. The level it is at right now is maybe 5-7% higher than when I first gave this pick.

This is a tremendous chance to get in long term. I think we have seen the worst. This thing has corrected a ton in the last week and half. Time to buckle up again soon for a ride back to 40 in the near term (2021) and higher as we keep moving beyond this year.

Good luck everyone. 
Long Term? 2y. 5y. 10y?

Great day in the play account.  I got out of everything but GME and RIOT.  And I tried to get out of RIOT to preserve that big jump. Going to take a breather tomorrow to let the cash settle and then will look to trail some winners.  

• Love
Reactions: JAA
A quick scan of the accounts shows a nice little bounce, between 3-7% each. still down a lot over the last month. I think I'm still up YTD but won't run the numbers for 22 more days.

Solid day with lots of positive technical signs. Shame about the dip in the Dow at the end.

Gonna give it another day but expect to start moving back in tomorrow barring the unexpected.

• Smile
Solid day with lots of positive technical signs. Shame about the dip in the Dow at the end.

Gonna give it another day but expect to start moving back in tomorrow barring the unexpected.
I think the stimulus is igniting a lot more speculative investment.  All my pennies are up today ... well mostly all of them.  In addition, my boring stonks like LUV, SWX, GE, etc all down.

6% in gambool account.  Crazy day.
8.5% for me in the rollover, though I’ve likely been beaten up more than most recently. Still down 22% from peak a few weeks ago. I also trimmed from a few that ran today so I’ve got some cash to play with - need to be more patient with it than I’ve been. 

• Smile
Good article here on Cathy Woods' Top 10 holdings and some of her thoughts on future technologies, bitcoin, etc.  In ascending order:

SPOT, TWST, Z, PSTG, NVTA, SQ, TDOC, CRSP, ROKU, TSLA.

The beta of that group is about 87.

8.5% for me in the rollover, though I’ve likely been beaten up more than most recently. Still down 22% from peak a few weeks ago. I also trimmed from a few that ran today so I’ve got some cash to play with - need to be more patient with it than I’ve been. 
I'm still down 11%.  

This.  I did the same. Patience and more Todem picks

Users who are viewing this thread