Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I hate the “tech” classification. Same with stay at home. Yes, some things accelerated but every company we’ve discussed already existed pre COVID. The first fork was technology. There is no such thing as a business that doesn’t use what people call tech. I mean software, hardware, biotech, etc. Everyone uses it already. I’m big into the so called tech because it’s not going away, ever, unless we revert back to the Middle Ages and Bitcoin and cash will both be useless.

Damn double quote, my bad.

 

 

I'm referring to the companies who get the majority of their revenue from technology. They're mostly here to stay, I'm heavy in a lot including ETFs like the ARK, QCLN, LRNZ, etc. But I remind myself that there's still value in companies like Kroger, home depot, caterpillar, etc. They're not as sexy and won't rise as much, but many are undervalued right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3065

  • BassNBrew

    3056

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

37 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I'm referring to the companies who get the majority of their revenue from technology. They're mostly here to stay, I'm heavy in a lot including ETFs like the ARK, QCLN, LRNZ, etc. But I remind myself that there's still value in companies like Kroger, home depot, caterpillar, etc. They're not as sexy and won't rise as much, but many are undervalued right now. 

Glad I've been holding a chunk in those companies.  Unloaded some Kroger today to add FLGT and some of the others that have been decimated.  I think I'll make an IRA contribution and do some more shopping tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Swaymoney said:

What could Amazon really rise to, ballpark?

Long term.....another 100% move over the next 4-5 years.

Easy.

And a stock split thrown in there to boot at some point. 

World Class company that is still growing big time.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Some Twitter gossip on $HGEN. Likely nothing, but here’s to hoping!

Up 7% pre market so somebody’s listening. 
 

HGEN has has a bad two weeks so this would be much needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

So apparently now the entire market moves at an exact 100% correlated inverse to the 10-year note (TNX).  Like literally almost percent for percent during this whole move.

Yet in the whole big run-up almost no one mentioned that as the catalyst for the run-up.  It's bizarre that this suddenly became the singular thing that drives the markets almost all on its own.

Hopefully this streak breaks today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a dumb thought, possibly more long term too, but...  Why aren't utility/electric companies doing better, and is there a surge coming?  

With all this push to EV and electric everything, you have to to use the power they sell to charge it.  EV tech up, battery tech up, charging stations up, I get it.  Then you have wind/solar/alternative power companies on the rise.  Well, maybe before this past month but there was still a huge boom.  There's probably some SPAC out there ready to take "rubbing your feet on the carpet for static electricity" public too.  In the end, whether you're creating power or the using it, someone needs to deliver it and is that not the EXC, PPL, Dukes, Dominions of the country?   And most are still down or in what seems like a "value".  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beef said:

Maybe a dumb thought, possibly more long term too, but...  Why aren't utility/electric companies doing better, and is there a surge coming?  

With all this push to EV and electric everything, you have to to use the power they sell to charge it.  EV tech up, battery tech up, charging stations up, I get it.  Then you have wind/solar/alternative power companies on the rise.  Well, maybe before this past month but there was still a huge boom.  There's probably some SPAC out there ready to take "rubbing your feet on the carpet for static electricity" public too.  In the end, whether you're creating power or the using it, someone needs to deliver it and is that not the EXC, PPL, Dukes, Dominions of the country?   And most are still down or in what seems like a "value".  

 

I’ve been adding to NEE during these dips for these reasons, plus they’re also a renewable play. Little growthier than a normal utility, though.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, identikit said:

Everyone holding their breath for an up market today.....

On heavy volume, please. Let's see some conviction!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold yesterdays Fulgent for a 25%+ gain.  Ditto some of the stock we don't speak of around here for 15%.  Also trimmed some Kroger and Cisco winners to build cash.  If this turns south Paypal and SE may be on sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point Big Oil has to pause a bit, no?  Still like the value, but getting a little out of control (too high too fast).  NRGU is a 6+ bagger since November.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John Kreese said:

You guys still holding STMH? Any reason for the big drop lately other than everything else tanking?

I'm only holding because I got in at $.60.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, beef said:

At some point Big Oil has to pause a bit, no?  Still like the value, but getting a little out of control (too high too fast).  NRGU is a 6+ bagger since November.  

I agree. Sold one third of my Exxon and one third of RDS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamny said:

Well, looks like another day to sit out.

Gonna go out and enjoy the nice weather.

Good call.  Think I may log off soon too.  Go check the maple trees and maybe start up the firepit for a boil.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If some of these EV/battery techs like QS aren't careful, AMZN or AAPL might dip into their petty cash accounts and buy them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I mean, if these are companies that you believed in last week, just ride it out, right?

Yup. Buy if you can. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caustic said:

Running out of cash, I can’t keep averaging down in PLTR forever... :sadbanana:

I've been doing the same with DM.  :sadbanana:Freefall since I hopped in at $23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Right. Buy moar.

Or get back in.  For months I was wishing I would have kept certain, or larger, positions in PLTR, QS, AI, CRWD.  Well, I just got that chance.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-retirement positions update, have been building a cash position so I can reposition when it feels like we're closer to a bottom.

DKNG (sold half of my position)

SI 

IPOE Calls (sold stock)

MAR Calls and Stock

CZR

SRNGU

HZAC

Overall a pretty brutal 23% correction to my holdings.  I am now 70% cash.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beef said:

Or get back in.  For months I was wishing I would have kept certain, or larger, positions in PLTR, QS, AI, CRWD.  Well, I just got that chance.   

MP too.  That was one I wish I never got out of.  Back in now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels to me like the big boys are done with the games and are trying to shake out all the new retail investors. It's not like a new pandemic started or anything really changed in the economy.

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beef said:

ok, IPOE you got me to add more at $13.80.  Pretty sure I bought some at $23.80 and felt good about that LT.   

This is such a good buy if your horizon is over a year IMHO.   I got out of the stock because I thought it would continue to fall but I may be a buyer here shortly.   I'll be shocked if its not a 2 bagger at this price point with a 2 year horizon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stbugs said:

I hate the “tech” classification. Same with stay at home. Yes, some things accelerated but every company we’ve discussed already existed pre COVID. The first fork was technology. There is no such thing as a business that doesn’t use what people call tech. I mean software, hardware, biotech, etc. Everyone uses it already. I’m big into the so called tech because it’s not going away, ever, unless we revert back to the Middle Ages and Bitcoin and cash will both be useless.

Damn double quote, my bad.

 

Fixed for FLGT. 

You were saying....

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, beef said:

ok, IPOE you got me to add more at $13.80.  Pretty sure I bought some at $23.80 and felt good about that LT.   

Same -- massive kick in the nuts (bought at $24). Just picked up more at $13.75.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

This is such a good buy if your horizon is over a year IMHO.   I got out of the stock because I thought it would continue to fall but I may be a buyer here shortly.   I'll be shocked if its not a 2 bagger at this price point with a 2 year horizon.

Thanks.  :thumbup:  Yes, in my Roth so well over a year.  More like a 10-15 year buy and forget hold.  

Just added some in my brokerage account too.  Double playing this one now.

Edited by beef
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Non-retirement positions update, have been building a cash position so I can reposition when it feels like we're closer to a bottom.

DKNG (sold half of my position)

SI 

IPOE Calls (sold stock)

MAR Calls and Stock

CZR

SRNGU

HZAC

Overall a pretty brutal 23% correction to my holdings.  I am now 70% cash.

What is going on with $SI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Wow...only real winner is a brick and mortar that sells games.  Economy must be shifting.

It won't be a brick and mortar business for long. You need to rethink what GameStop is and what it's soon to be. This is essentially an IPO on Ryan Cohen's new company. Sale price ends today.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Demian said:

Feels to me like the big boys are done with the games and are trying to shake out all the new retail investors. It's not like a new pandemic started or anything really changed in the economy.

Rising rates are spooking everyone. Not sure that the sell-off is done but I'm certainly hoping for a reversal soon (like after lunch).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...