Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

10 minutes ago, Sand said:

I like and hold DLR.  I also hold NLY, but like them better at 6.X instead of the 8.X they're at now.

I like IRM but it's riskier for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

2 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I like IRM but it's riskier for sure. 

I've looked at them multiple times, but never pulled the trigger.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Well, you'll care when people who had plenty of money to live and retire lose their life savings and go on welfare and your taxes are raised to pay for them. So it certainly serves the public interest to not allow people to go broke trading options and derivatives that they don't understand.  

This is America.  OUr tax dollars our reserved for corporate bailouts.  Those retail investors can retire homeless as far as the government is concerned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

$RBLX indicated to open between $67 and $72 right now. 

Bull#### of course

6 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Starting to think my $50 limit order might not fill.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, JAA said:

Can anyone see if there are a ton of $300 calls for GME?  Lots of volume keeping it off the mark

Yup - a literal ####ton over the next 2 days:

300.0 Call		30.00		30.80		30.25		12.51		10,810		7,011

2 minutes ago, caustic said:
9 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Starting to think my $50 limit order might not fill.

I just changed my 10 share order to $80 :ph34r:

• Like 1

These definitely a difference sometimes in this thread between people who have been doing this for decades and study fundamentals and others who are like well I’m buying this because it’s funny and some basement dwellers on Reddit told me to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Changed my limit to $75, lol. Would be a very small position, just in it for the hype.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, caustic said:
5 minutes ago, JAA said:

Changed my limit to $75, lol. Would be a very small position, just in it for the hype.

I actually like them long, and will be making a reasonable investment.  However, at the open I worry it will triple and be tough to get in even after a few weeks.  I believe this is a strong company for the next 5 years.

If the price drops over the next couple weeks, I can average down pretty easily.

3 minutes ago, John Kreese said:

So Roblox was worth $4bn last Feb and now it is worth $50bn?

Spotify:  hold my beer

If GME closes over $300 today, thats crazy.

I see a bunch of $400 and $450 calls but not even half as many as at $300.  I dont think the 350, 400, and 450 calls add up to the amount of 300s.  This could get real, real quick on Friday.

1 hour ago, JAA said:

My order hasnt exercised.  Ameritrade showing a $45 entry price, though cant buy.

Yeah, it won't be $45, they're hinting that it'll open between $60-65.

• Sad 1

Since i double my position in GME today, its prolly in my best interest to learn how to enter a stop limit order.  I mean, asking for a paper-handed ##### friend of course!

• Laughing 2
14 minutes ago, John Kreese said:

Will be interesting to see how sticky this is post Covid (and how they react to in-world ads that they are counting on to monetize it):

Daily active users jumped 85% in 2020 to 32.6 million. The number of hours that players spent on the app more than doubled to 30.6 billion.

44 minutes ago, JAA said:

Currently valued 10% of my Ameritrade account

The shorts and retail disagree with your marketcap statement.  I mean, what does "worth" mean?

Not bad, that's about as high as I let anything get.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Capella said:

These definitely a difference sometimes in this thread between people who have been doing this for decades and study fundamentals and others who are like well I’m buying this because it’s funny and some basement dwellers on Reddit told me to. 

I've got about ~95% of my portfolio in "Don't be a #######" mode and ~5% in YOLO-APE mode. 

My experience skill level is more in line with your second example though. Thankfully we have guys like @Todem and @siffoin to guide us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:
19 minutes ago, John Kreese said:

Will be interesting to see how sticky this is post Covid (and how they react to in-world ads that they are counting on to monetize it):

Daily active users jumped 85% in 2020 to 32.6 million. The number of hours that players spent on the app more than doubled to 30.6 billion.

RBLX is not ad revenue driven, it is microtransaction driven.  IIRC revenue increased ~60% last year.

• Like 1
Just now, [icon] said:

I've got about ~95% of my portfolio in "Don't be a #######" mode and ~5% in YOLO-APE mode. 

My experience skill level is more in line with your second example though. Thankfully we have guys like @Todem and @siffoin to guide us. 

Yea I have 10% of my trading account for gambling - which is cydy and gme. I have amazon and apple and Google and tesla etc in there as my money blockade so to speak. Then I have my more conservative funds that I don’t do much with - but for me, part of this is the experience of having fun watching something daily and gambling, especially during this tedious pandemic and that’s worth it to me even if that gambling money goes to zero (cydy > hi!)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, JAA said:

RBLX is not ad revenue driven, it is microtransaction driven.  IIRC revenue increased ~60% last year.

I can't tell you how many times my two daughters have wanted to earn a dollar or two for Robux

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Shula-holic said:
3 minutes ago, JAA said:

I can't tell you how many times my two daughters have wanted to earn a dollar or two for Robux

I can (not your daughters), but my 12yo.  I also paid for a 3rd party Roblox programming course during the lockdowns so he had soemthing todo.  Its a platform.   If it gets more "social" like facebook, the possibilities are huge.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, JAA said:

Well, not yet. It's certainly a revenue stream they are exploring per reporting on the IPO

I am not a financial advisor so take all of this as just some retired internet dude looking to make a quick buck.

My thoughts on GME:

When the stock closed above $100 on 2/26, it triggered 4.6M shares of stock that needed to be bought to cover the calls that hit.

When the stock finished above $135 on 3/5, it triggered 3.8M shares of stock

If the stock finishes above $300 this Friday, 5.0+M shares of stock will need to be purchased.

and the hammer is setup for 3/19. 6.8M+ additional will be needed if it stays above $300. At $500/share, that number increases to 9.0+M shares needed.

This option chain was set up a long time ago. It has been added to in the runup and is the insurance policy for the shorters. I think we are seeing the tide where there are not new shorters. Everyone now needs this stock to hit new highs. Those holding the wrong side of these call options are in serious trouble.

March 19 is death blow date, but April 12th is also ramping up to be another one.

At some point Gamestop is going to issue shares, etc that may provide relief. But with just 70M shares total, I don't see this train slowing up without SEC or government intervention.

Diamond Hands until 3/22 at a minimum here.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 4

Got my entry investment back now free rolling GME.  Have a hand full, wish I had more but would never complain about 155% gain in just over a week.  Thanks Dodds, you da man!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, JAA said:

Its coming up to 11:30am EST, time for @General Malaise buy the bottom out of GME after the 3rd martininini

GM bought GME at $178.  And sold it at $119.  I am a coward.  I paper handed wuss of a man with no backbone.  My shade of pale is only bested by the shade of yellow I plumed last week in this putrid performance of guilelessness.  

I also bought AMC at $8.82 and sold at $7.84.  I am not man.  You know what I am?   I'm Jerry and the stonks are Milos.

• Laughing 8
5 minutes ago, cosjobs said:
1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

I hope this is a small investment for you. GME is not worth $20B 

Probably worth 328 today

Soon to be 420.69

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I am not a financial advisor so take all of this as just some retired internet dude looking to make a quick buck.

My thoughts on GME:

When the stock closed above $100 on 2/26, it triggered 4.6M shares of stock that needed to be bought to cover the calls that hit.

If the stock finishes above $300 this Friday, 5.0+M shares of stock will need to be purchased.

and the hammer is setup for 3/19. 6.8M+ additional will be needed if it stays above $300. At $500/share, that number will 9.0+M shares needed.

This option chain was set up a long time ago. It has been added to in the runup and is the insurance policy for the shorters. I think we are seeing the tide where there are not new shorters. Everyone now needs this stock to hit new highs. Those holding the wrong side of these call options are in serious trouble.

March 19 is death blow date, but April 12th is also ramping up to be another one.

At some point Gamestop is going to issue shares, etc that may provide relief. But with just 70M shares total, I don't see this train slowing up without SEC or government intervention.

I can't thank you enough DD. 

Once in a lifetime score here all thanks to you. I never would have been in this otherwise.

Diamond hands ... rocket fuel to the moon ... Hodor ... YOLO GME apes ... and no FOMO!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, CGRdrJoe said:

Sold 11 shares of GME, free rolling the other 24 💎💎 

I can do this now and have 200 shares free rolling.  Considering it but think I am going to hold off.

Just now, IC FBGCav said:

I can do this now and have 200 shares free rolling.  Considering it but think I am going to hold off.

I still have a little CYDY PTSD :bag: 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

My thoughts on GME:

and the hammer is setup for 3/19. 6.8M+ additional will be needed if it stays above $300. At $500/share, that number increases to 9.0+M shares needed.

Thanks again Dodds !!! 💎💎🙂🙂

• Love 1

Hard GME push downward 350>325 there on low volume. 325 holding so far. 

Edited by [icon]
1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

I might not be done buying.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

I still have some CYDY :bag:

I made some money on my first round and took a bath in this second I bought a few weeks ago. Unloading those today and bought more gamestonk for the lolz. 

• Like 2