What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

That pooping scene is one of my favorite scenes ever.  It's especially entertaining to do that chirping sounds in a public restroom.  

VIR, my bartender just told me about this stock...of course a day late but according to her they are going to continue to run based off Covid. They are down from their all time high but I think I’m going to play the GME weave and bob. 

VIR, my bartender just told me about this stock...of course a day late but according to her they are going to continue to run based off Covid. They are down from their all time high but I think I’m going to play the GME weave and bob. 
Bartender?  Where do we find one of those here in Marin?

And we'd better grab that drink soon - I'm moving away in three weeks.

So this 10m call block of GME at $800.  Is it possible this is a massive hedge?  Meaning, could this just be protection to the shorters if it goes to the moon?  Sure, 10m is significant, but its not significant when compared to losing billions.

I think the clearing houses #### bricks.  Im guessing these are huge margin accounts.  They will either go bankrupt, pass the buck with more shorts, or have intervention with halting the stock/etc.

In all honesty, Im outside of my expertise here.  Im just along for the ride.  Im reading some conflicting reports, but whats more important is that retail simply holds and buys the dips.  Thats it.

Ill repeat my long term feeling on this.  Ryan Cohen is not an idiot.  He has an opportunity to go down in history with one of the greatest stories of all time.  If he can figure out a way to make a few million people on reddit millionaires (or at least some solid FU money), he will be a god till the day he dies.  No one, not even Gates or Bezos could buy a storyline like the one Ryan Cohen has the opportunity to play the leading role in.  This will define GME, its board members, and its /true/ stock holders forever.  I refuse to believe Ryan does anything except play the perfect long game here.  Im confident that if I never sell I win.  Cause if I dont sell and Idont win?  Would I or any other WSB ape shop at GME ever again?  Nope.

Just to clarify. Anything bought today will be settled on Monday and clear to sell?
Most security transactions, including stocks, bonds, municipal securities, mutual funds traded through a broker, and limited partnerships that trade on an exchange, must settle in three days. Government securities and stock options settle on the next business day following the trade.

Besides Ryan Cohen's twitter, everyone should be following Roaring Kitty's twitter as well. His theme is always the same. Be patient and you will win at the end. ie just HOLD. He has 100,000 shares and options for another 50,000 shares in mid-April. 

Don't risk what you can't lose, but GameStop is going to be a juggernaut company going forward. Go check out their website. It is transforming before our eyes. They also are making giant strides on Twitter, etc. They started with a player database of 55 million players. They could not be buying better advertisement than this. 

The shorts are on the wrong side of this. And with just 70 million real shares, they are in an unwinnable situation. The squeeze is happening. The cost to defend keeps increasing. Every Friday more options trigger that were set in motion as much as a year ago.   

Not to halt momentum here, but I've made mention a time or two that we have been working hard on a deal to help bring a private helium company public the last 2 years and have a large position in this company.  Helium  gas is in constrained supply (and has been since the last BLM auction of 2018) and demand continues to increase via tech, semiconductors, medical, space exploration just to name a few.  

There are very few ways to play helium currently.  Not my first mention of this one, but if you're a gambler and like stocks priced at a buck and change, you can do worse than Desert Mountain Energy which has some helium deposits in Arizona. Priced at a $1.85 in the US under DMEHF.  I'd be happy to discuss offline if anybody had more interest.  

There is also Royal Helium and American Helium, but those are hard passes for me/us.  These might also do well once the helium market is galvanized by what we're working on in a 'rising tide lifts all boats' sort of way, but my money is on DMEHF if you're intrigued enough to play this gas.  
Thanks GM for posting this.

Back from three days on the AT.  Nice to see my account up double digits and most everything I purchased Fri/Mon up 20-25%.  The trip mirrored my account...freaking awesome outside descending the north Amazon slopes covered in ice and slush.  Wish I'd followed @Capella and @stbugs lead and liquidated some of the dog last week and fully taken advantage of the fire sale.

@IC FBGCav not sure if you were in your new CYDY home tonight, but I waved as I passed it!!!

How can AMZN be dragging you down?

Did you buy in at $3k??
Yup...after selling at $3200-$3400.  Still lagging the the S&P over the last 6 months and the FBG index by a boatload.  You could have throw 50 darts at the WS journal last fall and 49 of them would have landed on a stock better to own than Amazon, the 50th dart hit Amazon.

Why GameStop is the Greatest Stock of All Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaUZiN5gPEs
Thank you for this video and all of your thoughts you've shared in this thread. This GME phenomenon is what finally got me off the sidelines and investing in a cash account late last week.

I've been following this thread for a while, but literally feel like I'm learning individual trading in the trenches here. When this all settles down, my plan is to create a balanced portfolio with so many of the great FBG suggestions that are frequently discussed... but for now I'm buckled in and ready to launch!

My cost basis is up to about $215.  I planning on putting in limit buys at $201 and $150.  Never know if these ladder attacks will happen again through out the day.

Users who are viewing this thread