What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (6 Viewers)

wow what a letdown. This triggered 3.35m shares needed the next couple of days.

Next week really is hell for them, but it would have been nice to trigger a few more here.

The strategy might have been to try and stay under the radar before the next Congressional hearing this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow what a letdown. I am going to calculate what that triggered now
Im working on a hypothesis that the big hedgies are like sports books in the derivatives market.  Im speculating that the hedgies arent about guessing the right way on the option, they make their money on the transaction.  So in this instance, the hedgies are trying to ensure 50% on each side of the bet.  Too much one way and the house loses.  In conclusion, its in the best interest of the hedgies to get the line at 50/50 and make bank on the issuing of the options, not the guessing of the correct side.

Im working on a hypothesis that the big hedgies are like sports books in the derivatives market.  Im speculating that the hedgies arent about guessing the right way on the option, they make their money on the transaction.  So in this instance, the hedgies are trying to ensure 50% on each side of the bet.  Too much one way and the house loses.  In conclusion, its in the best interest of the hedgies to get the line at 50/50 and make bank on the issuing of the options, not the guessing of the correct side.
There are sites that calculate max pain and it does hit near these levels a lot of the time. AMC finishing over $11.00 puts that stock back in focus (despite it's zillion shares)

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
There are sites that calculate max pain and it does hit near these levels a lot of the time. AMC finishing over $11.00 puts that stock back in focus (despite it's zillion shares)
When you look at the attacks throughout the day, all of them were very reactionary.  The last hour was completely laughable.

Not a bad day bar GBTC and bonds.  Glad I'm not holding long bonds anymore - completely smoked today.  Like a 3 sigma kind of move.  Ouch.

Something stinks, flat on 2 days with no shorting.  Something feels amiss but don't know what.  Possibly over estimating the demand and shares outstanding.
I think it might be playing the long game. Lots of eyes are on this stock. Let the shorts beat it down and let retail battle it back. If whales completely tip the scales to trigger the gamma squeeze, I could see foul play called and it actually ends up worse for everyone. This slow grind is actually what we want. 3/19 and 4/16 are loaded. Rocket is going to ignite soon. Everyone playing options on this stock is doing it wrong though. Own the shares. 

ever since i started reading this thread, I have to keep reminding myself the stock market isn't suppose to yield 5-10% weekly. part of it is just sheer luck of the timing, but a lot of it are the picks you guys are recommending. thank you all for posting and sharing! been lurking in here since December and it's been educational/entertaining/gut wrenching/hilarious/profitable all rolled up in one. I dunno how I been managing my portfolio without this thread.

I especially love that I get the practical retirement account crowd and the lambo crowd all in one place.

Funko CEO talks to yahoo finance. The last 30 seconds he explains their entry into NFT.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FNKO/

Video is on the corner of this page (says disrupt NFT space)

I don't want to jinx it, but this has a chance to be a 10 bagger plus. This is the first time (that I can recall) that the CEO talked about entry into the NFT space and from his answer I suspect they are way farther along than people would think.

Packs containing Digital Funkos would be HUGE and the secondary market (which they can profit from each transaction) will appeal to Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney fans. This literally could be BIGGER than Top Shots.

I know it feels wrong investing at a companies all-time high stock price, but once these digital cards happen, this thing is going to be a rocket ship.

and the kicker is there are less than 60 million shares of this company.

ever since i started reading this thread, I have to keep reminding myself the stock market isn't suppose to yield 5-10% weekly. part of it is just sheer luck of the timing, but a lot of it are the picks you guys are recommending. thank you all for posting and sharing! been lurking in here since December and it's been educational/entertaining/gut wrenching/hilarious/profitable all rolled up in one. I dunno how I been managing my portfolio without this thread.

I especially love that I get the practical retirement account crowd and the lambo crowd all in one place.
And which bucket am I in?  :oldunsure:

Waiting impatiently until next Friday (trying not to curse myself here).  Next Friday is a special day - hopefully with a good post in here.

@David Dodds Thoughts on this article arguing the opposite outcome as the options expire this week and next?
The issue is that this is not just a gamma squeeze. It is being magnified by massive counterfeit stock. So each week the "gamma" part of this equation forces another 3.5M shares to be bought. This is supposedly coming from the 70M total (which institutions own 110% and retail likely own at least that amount). There are no shares. There have not been for weeks. I suppose they can make more synthetic, but retail has been enthusiastically purchasing on any dips.

101, 137, 264 - This is the escalation we have seen each Friday when 3-5 million shares are needed. What will be the catalyst to lower the price? Retail is getting their stimmy checks and this stock has been up even on red days. Additionally, Hulu has a Game Stopped special coming out this week, Congress hearing #2 happens, and we have all those options triggering max pain on 3/19.

For sure this can't go up forever. But once 3/19 triggers, we then have earnings and guidance on 3/23. I can't see a situation where that is not upbeat. Most are expecting a CFO announcement and other directional guidance.

Looking past 3/23 is definitely a bit more foggy. April 16th has a ton of options that will trigger as well, but is less than 3/19 currently. I have zero idea how high this can or will go, but I think the prudent decision today is to just hold until post-Earnings call. It's possible we are even on the moon by then.

Funko CEO talks to yahoo finance. The last 30 seconds he explains their entry into NFT.

I don't want to jinx it, but this has a chance to be a 10 bagger plus. This is the first time (that I can recall) that the CEO talked about entry into the NFT space and from his answer I suspect they are way farther along than people would think.

Packs containing Digital Funkos would be HUGE and the secondary market (which they can profit from each transaction) will appeal to Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney fans. This literally could be BIGGER than Top Shots.

I know it feels wrong investing at a companies all-time high stock price, but once these digital cards happen, this thing is going to be a rocket ship.

I used to feel this way which is why I didn't buy NFLX when it IPOed. The problem is it just kept going up so ended up buying later at a MUCH higher price. 

What do you like about TDOC?
We basically will a small starting position in something recommended (this has been a MF Rule Breaker a couple of times) that my wife likes in our shared brokerage account. It's down like 33% from its highs and I know some posters here have disliked it in the past. But we have a lot of cash and it keeps her involved.

• Thanks

I'm not going to lie, I don't know anything about NFT's.....but this caught my eye.

Digital Artist Beeple just sold a piece of NFT art for $69Million...thats million!

So how much of the stimulus money being deposited into accounts Saturday gets into $GME first thing Monday morning?

I ask because earlier this week I freed up some loot and transferred it to E Trade. As soon as the transfer was confirmed the money was available for trade (not withdrawal, just buying). 

I could be wrong, I do drink a lot. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised is FOMO is very high at the open Monday.

:banned:

• Smile
So how much of the stimulus money being deposited into accounts Saturday gets into $GME first thing Monday morning?

I ask because earlier this week I freed up some loot and transferred it to E Trade. As soon as the transfer was confirmed the money was available for trade (not withdrawal, just buying). 

I could be wrong, I do drink a lot. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised is FOMO is very high at the open Monday.

I drink a lot on Friday and Saturday and am moderately buzzed right now and putting all my 1400 into DIS and AXON. not sure this helps and pretty sure it doesn’t... sorry

I drink a lot on Friday and Saturday and am moderately buzzed right now and putting all my 1400 into DIS and AXON. not sure this helps and pretty sure it doesn’t... sorry
:hifive:

I'm with you. I'll be on the sidelines this week watching all the money go in.

I took on a vehicle loan last summer because I had to. This stimulus payment will be headed to a boring azzed certificate of deposit as backstop money for loan payments or other unexpected problems. :notflashy:

I’m going to be keeping an eye on the crypto markets this weekend — since they trade 24/7 they may be the first to benefit from a weekend cash dump. Who knows though, I’ve had a bit to drink tonight as well.

I think I’m going to try to be responsible with my $$$ and put most of it into index funds. So many great stock suggestions in here that I  sometimes fall behind on my SPY investments. Too many names, not enough cash.

I’m going to be keeping an eye on the crypto markets this weekend — since they trade 24/7 they may be the first to benefit from a weekend cash dump. Who knows though, I’ve had a bit to drink tonight as well.

I think I’m going to try to be responsible with my $$$ and put most of it into index funds. So many great stock suggestions in here that I  sometimes fall behind on my SPY investments. Too many names, not enough cash.
Bitcoin currently at $56.666  :banned:

Hello RIOT :banned:

IC FBGCav said:
I hope I am wrong but it seems they took care of their need of stock on the attack Wednesday.
I can't imagine they were able to cover all those naked calls without driving the stock price well past where it was when the attack started.

But I mostly Hodor when talking stocks...

Why would you want to index when the suggestions here are an index fund with fewer laggards?

I'm not sure what you mean, this is just the M1 investing site. They make it easy for you to share your pie. Presumably for marketing purposes.
I didn't know if the m1 site was something you paid for or if anyone could go on there even if you didn't have anything from them. I wanted to play around and see my close % of things we own but didn't want to have to be a subscriber or anything like that if the site charged.

Holy crapola. Just checked and BTC is at  61,117

Users who are viewing this thread