What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

Damn tough day. If I had just bought UPST when recommended I would feel a wee bit better but I guess it wouldn’t really have helped. It’s definitely gone up way too much based on the results.

I mean what was it two days ago when all these stocks that got battered were jumping. Nothing’s changed. Glad I have a nice chunk of cash to deploy just not sure when to do it. Need to really look at what I have and how much and figure out what else I need to buy and how much they are down. 
Nothing ever changes. Just feels like everything is being controlled by algos and it seems kind of pointless. Frustrating. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Nothing ever changes. Just feels like everything is being controlled by algos and it seems kind of pointless. Frustrating. 
Agreed. That’s why I just want to finish some purchases (at a good price) and set it and forget it. There is 0 patience. I couldn’t imagine what 90% of the investors out there now would say to if you asked them if they’d be happy with a 10-15% up year. I’d bet they’d think it was awful.

Bought a little more TSLA in swing account and a little more BLDP in long-term account.

Still waiting on RBLX.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: JAA
The league announced Thursday it’s renewing TV rights with all of its existing broadcast partners and adding Amazon Prime Video as an exclusive partner for its Thursday Night Football package. It’s the first time a streaming service will carry a full package of games exclusively. Amazon is paying about $1 billion per year, according to people familiar with the matter. All the packages are for 11 years, the league said.
@Capella @stbugs Looks like Bezos doing what he can to permanently sink Amazon.  Who in their right mind pays the most on a per game basis for the crappiest games on the schedule.  Goodell just bent Bezos over and didn't even kiss him.

I didn’t buy ####
Me either, looked at some, but I don't see a near term catalyst (other than earnings dumb ###, that was for me) for most of my stocks. Still like them a lot but I still see a little bit more downside before a better rest of the year. Figure I might be able to add a few extra shares here and there and then just ignore it for a while.

@Capella @stbugs Looks like Bezos doing what he can to permanently sink Amazon.  Who in their right mind pays the most on a per game basis for the crappiest games on the schedule.  Goodell just bent Bezos over and didn't even kiss him.
I would guess they'll have some options to improve the quality of the games they get.

It looks like Disney is paying the most, $2.7B for 23 games plus getting 2 of the 10 SBs. Amazon would be $1B for 15 or 16 games but no SBs. NBC is also paying a bit more $2B for 16 games, but I think gets some playoff games and definitely gets 3 SBs.

It looks like Disney is paying the most, $2.7B for 23 games plus getting 2 of the 10 SBs. Amazon would be $1B for 15 or 16 games but no SBs. NBC is also paying a bit more $2B for 16 games, but I think gets some playoff games and definitely gets 3 SBs.
Drop in the bucket 

Yea I’m in until before earnings (if it goes well) - I’ve seen too many post earnings go belly up even if the prognosis is great.  
Earnings are almost inconsequential for GME.  What we are hoping for is something along the lines of Cohen reveals he's actually Ponce de Leon and has found the fountain of youth and soon GME will be offering eternal life treatments.

Sorry, was being sarcastic on the actual price but they just added the nfl so the price is for sure going up. 
They’ve had the NFL package just not exclusive. It will come out to be around $5 per prime membership once 2023 comes around (deal starts 2023). I don’t want to say it’s negligible but they don’t need to increase prime much at all to cover the NFL payment. Probably $2-3 a membership when they take out the advertising revenue, etc.

@David Dodds Any feelings about tomorrow’s GME movement?  I know the previous thought was on the 19th there was a bunch of shorts due like last Friday and that would trigger some action, but that didn’t pan out.  What’s your thinking now with that data point added in?  TIA.  

Daytraded GME all day again. I ended the day +200 shares.

It's getting a tad easy. Market opens. Sell a lot starting at $2 above open price. Create tiered sells above that price as well. After the first few minutes the short attacks start. I look to add back my shares just sold when RSI(14) dips substantially (usually an hour+ into the trading day). You can visualize this easily using 5 minute intervals on the daily chart at stockcharts.com. Once I complete a sell/buy cycle, I tighten the window on buying and selling and then usually make a final splash play in the last 15 minutes of trading to get the total buys / sells within a few hundred (if the stock is trading within my channel).

I will do this every day the stock is trading at less than $225 a share. IMO, there will be no moon voyage until we can cross $350 and hold that level. This week (and again on April 16th) are the best chances for the option trains to light the fuse and push the stock to that range. At a closing price of $200 on Friday, 5 million shares are needed. It's clear these shares don't actually exist, but the shell games continue. Shorts borrowed at least 4 million shares these past three days and I expect they will be in price suppression mode all day tomorrow as well.

My guess is no liftoff tomorrow, but the spring continues to tighten. IMO the best catalyst remains the earnings call after market on Tuesday. I also suspect Tuesday will be the last day to pick up cheap shares as the option chains weaken substantially until April 16th. This will be the time the shorts minimize their restraining pressure and the price should trade closer to reality to release the pressure building up.

I am playing this without a true date. I value the company/stock at $180 a share so these games at these levels don't even raise my blood pressure. I will buy and sell all day below $225 a share (it's worth a premium to me because of the liftoff possibility).

Best of luck to everyone holding and buying. 

Getting back in NRGU at 135.  Sold the last of what I had at 175.  

edit, that was meant to be NRGU, the 3x Big Oil, not NRG

This story of semiconductors that Cramer was talking about seemed off.  I'm either missing something, or the story makes it sound way worse than it really is.  As told...  A lot of semis coming from Taiwan/far East were packed in commercial flights.  Since those flights have been cut in half or more, they decided to ship by sea freight.  Those ships are slow and/or stuck in bays now???  

So...  booking a round trip with Delta for one of their 747's parked in a dessert to go get these things wasn't an option last Fall when we first heard of these shortages at assembly plants?   Feels like there has to be way more to this, like materials shortage is a way bigger issue.  Pretty sure I could book a Baj and come back with 10k's of these and have them at a GM assembly plant by Monday. 

Users who are viewing this thread