What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

BassNBrew said:
Jeff: I want better games Roger.

Roger: We'll give you exclusive shiny special uniforms for your games Jeff but it will cost you another 100 million.

Jeff: Deal
How many NFL fans who don't have Prime now though, will subscribe to make sure they get the games?

This story of semiconductors that Cramer was talking about seemed off.  I'm either missing something, or the story makes it sound way worse than it really is.  As told...  A lot of semis coming from Taiwan/far East were packed in commercial flights.  Since those flights have been cut in half or more, they decided to ship by sea freight.  Those ships are slow and/or stuck in bays now???  

So...  booking a round trip with Delta for one of their 747's parked in a dessert to go get these things wasn't an option last Fall when we first heard of these shortages at assembly plants?   Feels like there has to be way more to this, like materials shortage is a way bigger issue.  Pretty sure I could book a Baj and come back with 10k's of these and have them at a GM assembly plant by Monday. 
All I know is that the dips we’ve seen in some of these really strong chip stocks is a great opportunity. I’m not selling any of them. There will be chips in everything. Companies like TSM are going to be full bore for a long time. @McBokonon and I agree on the future of tech, we aren’t going to go backwards and if we do, our digital money will broken anyway and it’ll be swords and ammo driving the apocalypse.

All I know is that the dips we’ve seen in some of these really strong chip stocks is a great opportunity. I’m not selling any of them. There will be chips in everything. Companies like TSM are going to be full bore for a long time. @McBokonon and I agree on the future of tech, we aren’t going to go backwards and if we do, our digital money will broken anyway and it’ll be swords and ammo driving the apocalypse.
I am heavy and long on qcom and amat for these reasons 

How many NFL fans who don't have Prime now though, will subscribe to make sure they get the games?
It’s his schtick. You are correct. It’s not going to hurt them. At worst with advertising and more stickiness/opening doors to more purchases, they’ll break even. It also lets them bump up the price without pissing people off. Prime is $10 a month. For the amount we watch and order stuff, it’s inexpensive. Right now, Netflix, Disney+, Prime and Costco Executive are memberships/subscriptions that I’ll likely have till I die.

Didn't see this in here.  Hypeequity is a social stock tracker developed by a guy from r/options, if memory serves.  Pretty cool web app.

------

Also, sold some GSAH (what a dog) and bought some DMYIU - they are merging with IONQ, currently the top quantum computing company out there.  A shot on a future technology at a reasonable price right now with the SPAC swoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see this in here.  Hypeequity is a social stock tracker developed by a guy from r/options, if memory serves.  Pretty cool web app.

------

Also, sold some GSAH (what a dog) and bought some DMYIU - they are merging with IONQ, currently the top quantum computing company out there.  A shot on a future technology at a reasonable price right now with the SPAC swoon.
This is awesome. Thank you for this.

Sold the add'l Targee' acquired after the dip for a 5% profit in 2 weeks.  Not a huge win, but that was my target.  Still holding 75% of my position.  It's been a struggle to keep settled cash on hand.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I am writing this note because I want to speak directly to you about the challenges we’ve been facing these past several months and the meaningful investments we are making to address these challenges. Many of you have recommended Peloton to your friends and family and you care about the experience they are having. 

As you may know, Peloton has seen heightened demand for connected fitness products since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020. For those of you who bought a Peloton Bike or Tread since last March, you likely experienced longer wait times than usual, and/or have had your delivery date rescheduled, which is obviously very frustrating. For that, I sincerely apologize.  

Our team has been hard at work increasing the capacity of our supply chain. I am happy to report that we have ramped our manufacturing capacity by more than 6x in the last 12 months.  For this, we are deeply grateful to our manufacturing teams and partners for their herculean efforts responding to this unprecedented demand. 

Unfortunately, dramatically scaling our manufacturing capacity alone has not gotten us out of the woods. We obviously need to get the Bikes and Treads from our overseas production facilities into your homes, and that has also proved challenging in this environment. You may have read about the port congestion in Los Angeles and Long Beach, where shipping container volume has doubled in the last 12 months.  The global increase in shipping traffic has added significant delays to all sorts of goods coming into US ports, including Peloton products. These unpredictable delays have resulted in painful delivery reschedules for many people as Peloton Bikes, Treads, and accessories have been held at Port for upwards of five times longer than usual. For that, I again apologize.

So what are we doing? Effective immediately, we are investing over $100 million to help expedite the movement of Bikes and Treads globally, in order to meet our delivery commitments.  On average, in the coming months, we will be incurring a transportation and delivery cost that is over ten times our usual cost per Bike and Tread, including, in many cases, shipping them by air instead of by sea. We are making this investment because we are as frustrated as you are that you don't have your Peloton Bike or Tread yet. We are (and always have been) a company that is deeply committed to your happiness and we've fallen short of that in this regard. Please know we're working hard and spending aggressively to do right by all of you.

These unprecedented measures are for these unprecedented times. We will not always fly bikes in airplanes over the ocean. In addition to caring about our Members, we care about the environment and are committed to continuing to create more local jobs. Today we operate nearly 50 of our own dedicated Field Operations centers throughout the US, Canada, UK, and Germany. In these facilities, local Peloton employees assemble and test thousands of Bikes and Treads per day, right in-country. In the coming quarters, we plan to expand our US-based manufacturing operations on an even more impressive scale. I look forward to updating you about these efforts and how they help minimize global transport, promote local jobs, and increase our total capacity to bring innovative and engaging products to our Members.

If you are still waiting for your Bike or Tread, we hope you will begin your Peloton journey by downloading the Peloton App and joining our #OnePeloton community. We offer complimentary pre-delivery access to every Peloton class from your phone, tablet, TV and web browser so you can start your fitness journey. We have thousands of classes where all you need is your own body, such as yoga, strength, cardio, barre, outdoor running/walking, stretching, and meditation.

Thank you for choosing Peloton to stay active, centered, and connected. We will keep working non-stop to deliver on our promise to put you, our Members, first.

John Foley

Co-Founder and CEO

Peloton
Bought on the dips and have a cost basis of $108.  Not sure i want to be here long term.  I'm probably gone at $130-$140.

• Thanks
It feels so great being right. The shorts on GME are in trouble of an avalanche if they can't get the closing price near $200.

HOLD. I will have a bigger post showing the state of the options here in a few minutes.

This is about to be a monsoon raining tendies.
I have to leave and put a sell in for 35/40 shares today at $335 should it go parabolic again. 

GME Call Options that could trigger at close today (losing side would have to cover early next week):

• Strike = $195: Shares needed = 4,539,000
  • Strike = $200: Shares needed = 4,891,300
  • Strike = $210: Shares needed = 5,070,700
  • Strike = $220: Shares needed = 5,274,300
  • Strike = $230: Shares needed = 5,483,900
  • Strike = $240: Shares needed = 5,717,300
  • Strike = $250: Shares needed = 6,240,700
  • Strike = $260: Shares needed = 6,382,400
  • Strike = $270: Shares needed = 6,649,000
  • Strike = $280: Shares needed = 6,823,400
  • Strike = $290: Shares needed = 6,943,600
  • Strike = $300: Shares needed = 7,872,100
The shorts are on the ropes, because borrowed shares available is also very low:

https://gme.crazyawesomecompany.com/

The shorts could borrow ETF shares, but this is ETF balancing day so they would be on the hook for additional charges. 

This is setting up for an epic closing day battle.

GME Call Options that could trigger at close today (losing side would have to cover early next week):

The shorts are on the ropes, because borrowed shares available is also very low:

The shorts could borrow ETF shares, but this is ETF balancing day so they would be on the hook for additional charges. 

:popcorn:

• Thanks
NADIR FRIDAY

Ladies and Gents,

Just a reminder that today is a great day to look at your 1 year performance as the depths of the crash bottomed out right about now.  Your numbers will likely never look as good as today.

In my gambling account my performance for the last year is sitting at a 165% YoY gain.  Much of that is thanks to suggestions in here by a number of folks.  This performance has taken a relatively modest post-UIGEA account and helped boost it to an 18% CAGR since then.  That account is now in Lambo territory.

Thanks all and Chapeau!  Let's hope the next year is half as good as the last.

This place rocks.

ok you got my attention again 

NADIR FRIDAY

Ladies and Gents,

Just a reminder that today is a great day to look at your 1 year performance as the depths of the crash bottomed out right about now.  Your numbers will likely never look as good as today.

In my gambling account my performance for the last year is sitting at a 165% YoY gain.  Much of that is thanks to suggestions in here by a number of folks.  This performance has taken a relatively modest post-UIGEA account and helped boost it to an 18% CAGR since then.  That account is now in Lambo territory.

Thanks all and Chapeau!  Let's hope the next year is half as good as the last.
Anyone know how to look at intra-month past Fidelity balances?

And what does that tell you?
at some point, the winning play for everyone is to let these options hit. You can bet the people with the biggest short positions have hedged with options at $300 - $800.

But for today, I think it means the shorts have limited shares to short from (legally). They are using their ammo conservatively so they can defend a massive run up at the very end.

These are max potential shares, right? Many of these options will be sold for cash instead of called shares, correct?

• Love
These are max potential shares, right? Many of these options will be sold for cash instead of called shares, correct?
That is correct. 3.8M on 3/5 though triggered the big run up from 137 to 290ish. So as a relative measure, these numbers are large with just 70M total shares even available (and institutions owning 115% of those 70 million already...LOL)

Volume is pretty low.  Im not seeing it today.
The good guys never defend. They seem happy kicking the can each week on options expiry.

I sense we will gap up on Monday though. There is not much options pressure until April 16th. Lots of catalysts next week.

• Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread