What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Cydy has a whole yahoo page of new lawsuits filed by multiple different law firms but ends up near +5% on the day. GME has 2 big short trigger days come to pass in the last week yet ends up down, the exact opposite of expected.   It’s official, I will never understand the stock market. 

Last edited by a moderator:
down 1.48.  But how would that have been a positive had it been .69?
Ahh, they've refreshed their numbers... at around 4:22pm, yahoo was posting a closing price of 202.44 for a +$0.69 gain on the day. If I'm not mistaken that would have made today the only day this week that GME finished green. 

Ahh, they've refreshed their numbers... at around 4:22pm, yahoo was posting a closing price of 202.44 for a +$0.69 gain on the day. If I'm not mistaken that would have made today the only day this week that GME finished green. 
Sure.  I guess what I was asking is if it had been .69 up how is a .25% green day going into the weekend a positive sign (other then the very literal meaning).   Not being snarky, honestly asking.

Volume is pretty low.  Im not seeing it today.
The good guys never defend. They seem happy kicking the can each week on options expiry.

I sense we will gap up on Monday though. There is not much options pressure until April 16th. Lots of catalysts next week.
If this is true I would expect many others to have this information.  I would also expect significant AH activity

A call to Cramer just now asked about HGEN. He didn't know it. But that means he'll double back and opine on it at a later point.

This might be the beer talking but the gme hype is starting to sound a lot like the cydy hype.  
The share shortage is still real, right? Something like 110M shares are "owned" by institutions, retail, and call options while only 75M exist (and insiders cannot trade their portion of those). That's the story I am hodling onto to eventually create a massive spike in the price due to overwhelming demand for paper. 

The share shortage is still real, right? Something like 110M shares are "owned" by institutions, retail, and call options while only 75M exist (and insiders cannot trade their portion of those). That's the story I am hodling onto to eventually create a massive spike in the price due to overwhelming demand for paper. 
Weren’t there supposed to be massive moves the past two Fridays? The company itself is worth way less, no offense to Dodds. There was an article saying that they thought the earnings report would be bad because they had announced that holiday sales weren’t good. Honestly, with virtually everyone (the main retailers like Amazon and Target) having really good holidays, anything less than a solid beat on already well lower than prior year’s numbers would be a really bad sign. If you can’t trounce when your main product (consoles along with games for it) was sold out all over Q4 then the “turn around” is all based on fluffy hope. I’m sure the longs will take any change in direction as hopefulness but they are years behind and don’t have a differentiator. When you can walk into a Target, Walmart or online from a dozen places and order everything you can at GameStop, that doesn’t fill me with joy as an investor. It is starting to remind me of CYDY. Hey our numbers sucked but there’s another 10 indications to try.

I’m not advocating anything short term as I have 0 at stake, but long term, you couldn’t get me to buy the stock at all, let alone at $200 based on the current market cap.

Yahoo! Finance lists 122% of shares owned by  institutions, 167% of float owned by institutions, and 23% of all shares owned by insiders. So yah there's definitely something going on.

Weren’t there supposed to be massive moves the past two Fridays? The company itself is worth way less, no offense to Dodds. There was an article saying that they thought the earnings report would be bad because they had announced that holiday sales weren’t good. Honestly, with virtually everyone (the main retailers like Amazon and Target) having really good holidays, anything less than a solid beat on already well lower than prior year’s numbers would be a really bad sign. If you can’t trounce when your main product (consoles along with games for it) was sold out all over Q4 then the “turn around” is all based on fluffy hope. I’m sure the longs will take any change in direction as hopefulness but they are years behind and don’t have a differentiator. When you can walk into a Target, Walmart or online from a dozen places and order everything you can at GameStop, that doesn’t fill me with joy as an investor. It is starting to remind me of CYDY. Hey our numbers sucked but there’s another 10 indications to try.

I’m not advocating anything short term as I have 0 at stake, but long term, you couldn’t get me to buy the stock at all, let alone at $200 based on the current market cap.
I'm not fully up on the situation at this point but I don't think people really care about the numbers.  I think people holding through earnings are just hoping for any mention of something in the call that could be taken as a pivot to some kind of online future.

If it's some novel idea that people haven't thought of yet then all the better, but I think people are hoping that any even vague mention of it will trigger some sort of squeeze.  Remember this thing ran up like 100 bucks because Cohen tweeted a photo of ice cream.  So I think people are hoping even something as simple/vague as "we plan to leverage our capital and new management's experience in the online space to redirect the focus of the company" will run it another $100 or more.

FWIW just as an aside they certainly have some work to do on the online front.  I am ordering a few arcade 1up cabinets and I looked through different retailers for them and all the reviews on the Gamestop ones were stuff like "I ordered 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it and Gamestop hasn't replied to any of my emails or attempts to contact".  None of the other retailers had issues like that.

And that's just the basic online stuff, not even whatever potentially unique thing they could come up with on that front.

Last edited by a moderator:
They’ve had the NFL package just not exclusive. It will come out to be around $5 per prime membership once 2023 comes around (deal starts 2023). I don’t want to say it’s negligible but they don’t need to increase prime much at all to cover the NFL payment. Probably $2-3 a membership when they take out the advertising revenue, etc.
More importantly, if you want to see ALL the NFL games, you will need a Prime membership. That could generate enough new members they could conceivably not raise prices and still come out ahead.

“We’re going to put Gamestop...ready for this, my Cohen-a-maniacs?...on the INTERNET!”
I honestly can’t wait and you know it’s going to be a half glass empty or full. It’ll be interesting to see which one wins out. I know one thing, when they announce digital orders they won’t say the amount just the % increase.

I honestly can’t wait and you know it’s going to be a half glass empty or full. It’ll be interesting to see which one wins out. I know one thing, when they announce digital orders they won’t say the amount just the % increase.
All games are already available digitally on my PlayStation or switch. How could GameStop cut in on this?

All games are already available digitally on my PlayStation or switch. How could GameStop cut in on this?
I meant digital as in web site sales. They made a huge deal about growth in Q3 even when total sales was way down. Web site sales went way up because it’s in comparison to when they did almost nothing online.

You’re correct and that’s why I think they are worth way less money. They don’t have any content or differentiator. It’ll be interesting to see the plan. If it’s just increasing online sales and nothing revolutionary, the bottom “should” fall out. I think the longs have been keeping that from happening but that’s gotta have real hope. I just don’t see any pivot that doesn’t already have better competition in place.

Had no idea Xbox1 games could even still be bought another way besides the Xbox store. I just download them on the console. 

The only way, imo, would be to have "exclusive" content ....

Same as streaming TV service, Netflix, Amazon, Disney.

Game Stop would need to acquire the rights to the next Fortnight, Call of Duty, or GTA.

How could they afford that? Issue more stocks! 

No more shortage of shares?

The only way, imo, would be to have "exclusive" content ....

Same as streaming TV service, Netflix, Amazon, Disney.

Game Stop would need to acquire the rights to the next Fortnight, Call of Duty, or GTA.

How could they afford that? Issue more stocks! 

No more shortage of shares?
Yeah, they don't have that much cash on hand considering they haven't been profitable (-$1.1B) the past two fiscal years. I am really looking forward to the earnings call, especially as you mentioned that the only way they can afford to really pivot is to issue stock and let's be honest, what would be the price that institutions would actually pay in a secondary offering of say a billion or two? Do you think they would put the value of the company based on the short squeezed value or a more reasonable amount? Feels like that would break the camels back. Hence why I have no skin in this game. I can't see a real pivot from where they are without thrashing the price.

Users who are viewing this thread