What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Yea I’m considering pulling the rip cord here as tomorrow will likely be ugly. I don’t know. Seems like this thing has 9 lives. The whole short squeeze thing just isn’t going to happen, total nonsense. 
I dont understand why they didnt recall the shares.

I sold right before the bell, this thing gamma squeezed enough out of me and I couldn’t hold it through the call. Looks like the only good move I made on the stock. 

The piece about GME that sucks is Sherman their CEO is a boomer that doesn't get it. He needs to go, but I suspect that is coming as well. But I heard enough on that call to KNOW Ryan Cohen is leading the change from behind the curtain. I knew this quarterly report could suck, but was actually pleasantly surprised. They managed the pandemic pretty well.

The transformation is happening. Spend ten minutes browsing their website. They sell everything now. Ryan Cohen knows Omni-channel and Gamestop's Twitter, Facebook and Instragram posts as of late show Ryan's influence. 

Forget the squeeze for a moment. This company is the next great e-commerce site. It's not your father's GameStop. I believe in the vision and expect by year end, the market cap of the turnaround is $50-$60B. That puts the stock at 3-4X current price. The potential squeeze (and shares that need to be purchased because this stock has been so shorted) is just a bonus. 

I am going to go back to actively day trading this as I consider it a massive bargain at anything less than $180 a share. 

Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I believe in the vision and expect by year end, the market cap of the turnaround is $50-$60B.
this is quite a leap from current levels. Do you have any basis for these numbers? I tucked and rolled off the train before the call rather than leaving profit on the table, my basis was well below current levels, but wouldn't mind jumping back in at anything below 150 if it hits that, and I assume it will when market opens tomorrow.

this is quite a leap from current levels. Do you have any basis for these numbers? I tucked and rolled off the train before the call rather than leaving profit on the table, my basis was well below current levels, but wouldn't mind jumping back in at anything below 150 if it hits that, and I assume it will when market opens tomorrow.
I thinking gaming is bigger than pet food. I think GameStop is positioned nicely when the new consoles hit mass production. The gaming industry has tons of titles ready to launch as the platforms are more mainstream. The goodwill GameStop has received from Reddit will continue as they purchase all things gaming through this channel. And Ryan Cohen's version of gaming includes all things PC related (computers, laptops, motherboards, gaming cards), hover boards, furniture, etc.

Gamestop's new  trade in policy is going to be a massive hit and they start this business with 55 million Power Up members.

In short, I like the stock. And if I sell any shares, it's just because my plan is to actively trade so I can get even more of them.

I also don't think every hedge fund is stupid. Some have been paying attention to what is going on at Reddit and have done their own due diligence regarding synthetic shares, etc. An earnings call (advertised as less than perfect) marks the perfect entry to buy a large position. I expect we will see those purchases the rest of this week.

I thinking gaming is bigger than pet food. I think GameStop is positioned nicely when the new consoles hit mass production. The gaming industry has tons of titles ready to launch as the platforms are more mainstream. The goodwill GameStop has received from Reddit will continue as they purchase all things gaming through this channel. And Ryan Cohen's version of gaming includes all things PC related (computers, laptops, motherboards, gaming cards), hover boards, furniture, etc.

Gamestop's new  trade in policy is going to be a massive hit and they start this business with 55 million Power Up members.

In short, I like the stock. And if I sell any shares, it's just because my plan is to actively trade so I can get even more of them.
I think you might right but I think this is going double digits again soon.

and if it does, the squeeze will be even stronger. Way too many people see what this is going to be. Don't be blinded by the games the shorts are playing in afterhours and in their articles to lower morale. This company is on its way into being something huge. Lost in that call was a big hint that Feb numbers were +28% year over year (or something like that). 

The forward guidance will be coming. There will be more executive leadership jobs. Boomer Sherman likely bails as this new company isn't what he is good at. 

If this company isn't thriving by next earnings call, I will start lessening my position. But I don't expect that to happen. Hell, I ordered a thousand dollars worth of stuff the past few weeks alone.

Yeah, but the paper shortage is why I'm Hodling...that's the key to the rocket ship. 
I’ll be honest, I don’t know if the share shortage is real. That link you sent had a chart on equity ownership and institutions, funds and insiders was only 50%. It’s hard to trust numbers that aren’t up to date and had mistakes in them and are different on multiple sites.

I’ve been on record that I think he’s way off. $50-60B is not just an online retailer for games, consoles and accessories. They don’t have gaming platforms like Unity. They don’t have game content like EA. They don’t have consoles like Sony. They don’t have anything like Twitch (Amazon). They don’t have eSports. They’ve got nothing unique or different and their 2021 initiatives don’t point to anything like that. They aren’t even first movers like Chewy with no focused competition. They don’t have a download ecosystem like Apple App Store for video games that people have to use.

I could be completely wrong but I still wouldn’t buy more now. If they get to $50B, again a pipe dream IMHO, you are correct in thinking that they’ll be much lower and you’ll see some hints of growth and success and be able to get in at a better price and confidence level. The price now is held up more by the original short squeeze and now an armory of buyers, but the former is gone and the latter is likely to exit.

How do you trade in downloaded games? How is their 55 million members better than Sony/Microsoft’s info they have, which is far more expansive and current.

This company is on its way into being something huge. Lost in that call was a big hint that Feb numbers were +28% year over year (or something like that). 
It was 23% and it was comparable store sales. They had 6.5% comparable store sales growth in Q4 (remember Q4 2019 was before pandemic) even though total sales was down about 4%. They used comparable store sales because they’re closing stores and that makes the number look like it’s growing. It’s a bit of a misleading trick and I’d think in February they had even more stores closed since they are going digital so that metric looks even better. Also, you are comparing a start of the pandemic sales when they were mainly only stores and very little online to a bigger digital presence, less stores and a period right after both new consoles came out. Just a reminder that the PS4 was introduced in 2013 so a 7 year build up was on their side.

I don’t want to seem like I’m bashing you but I just don’t agree at all and want to make sure I throw out a dissenting opinion. As I predicted they really stuck with percents and tried to hide the full revenue numbers and went grill steam with comparable store sales to show positives when they intend to get rid of the stores all together and that metric benefits from less stores.

How does their new trade in policy differ from their old trade in policy? Old policy has been a running joke for years. 
It wasn’t great but I did use it a bunch and I am one of the 55 million (not my sons who actually have the consoles). That said, haven’t bought a boxed game in well, a couple years. With Roblox and these meta verses, games may start becoming free like apps and only have in game purchases. Probably not right away but again, another strike. 

and if it does, the squeeze will be even stronger. Way too many people see what this is going to be. Don't be blinded by the games the shorts are playing in afterhours and in their articles to lower morale. This company is on its way into being something huge. Lost in that call was a big hint that Feb numbers were +28% year over year (or something like that). 

The forward guidance will be coming. There will be more executive leadership jobs. Boomer Sherman likely bails as this new company isn't what he is good at. 

If this company isn't thriving by next earnings call, I will start lessening my position. But I don't expect that to happen. Hell, I ordered a thousand dollars worth of stuff the past few weeks alone.
The shorts aren’t playing games in the AH. People are dumping this before they lose a small fortune. Just look at all the people here that sold. 

Me and my 10 shares of GME are pulling for you DD. Sold the rest last week.

obviously they are not profitable at this juncture.... and I couldn't think of one thing that GME could have announced today that would have made this stock rip ....

Other than "we have acquired magic beans" ... and nobody said that.

What do you guys make of GME 10-K where they mention the short squeeze in the "Risks" section? Confirmation? Warning? Standard for 10-Ks?

GME 10K Mentions Short Squeeze

"To the extent aggregate short exposure exceeds the number of shares of our Class A Common Stock available for purchase on the open market, investors with short exposure may have to pay a premium to repurchase shares of our Class A Common Stock for delivery to lenders of our Class A Common Stock. Those repurchases may in turn, dramatically increase the price of shares of our Class A Common Stock until additional shares of our Class A Common Stock are available for trading or borrowing. This is often referred to as a “short squeeze.” "

What do you guys make of GME 10-K where they mention the short squeeze in the "Risks" section? Confirmation? Warning? Standard for 10-Ks?

GME 10K Mentions Short Squeeze
Man, people will read into stuff. I think that they are just laying out all risks to limit their exposure, i.e. someone who loses their shirt shorting their stock understands the risk and it’s not GameStop’s problem. People seem to forget they are a real company with real lawyers and want to have a 👉👕 in their docs in case their is another short squeeze. It did happen before, there’s no denying that when it went up over $400.

Again, just one man’s opinion.

Got in HOFV last week at $3.50...sold today at $5.50 (57% profit) just before the news they're partnering with DLPN....saw it going up fast, jumped back in at $6.15....its at $7.84 right now and should run tomorrow. Cha-ching.

NFT plays are insane right now. I've got positions in HOFV, CSCW, LGHL, and TKAT. Had positions and took profits profits with MFH, JFIN,  IMTE, and YVR. 

This stock market thing is fun!

Got in HOFV last week at $3.50...sold today at $5.50 (57% profit) just before the news they're partnering with DLPN....saw it going up fast, jumped back in at $6.15....its at $7.84 right now and should run tomorrow. Cha-ching.

NFT plays are insane right now. I've got positions in HOFV, CSCW, LGHL, and TKAT. Had positions and took profits profits with MFH, JFIN,  IMTE, and YVR. 

:blackdot:

HOFVW, the warrants, look real nice if I'm reading this right.  Conversion cost is $1.40.  $2.40 pre market, + $1.40 = 3.80/share.  HOFV is $7.00+ premarket and closed yesterday at $4 something.    

I gotta be missing something.  This $3+ warrant discount is way too much.  And they were only 86 cents yesterday?  

Has anyone from GME or Cohen ever given any hint or whiff that this was even a remote possibility? What’s the origin of this? It seems it was wishcasting created from dreams by the people who think there’s a secret behind the scenes war going on between Cohen and the Reddit Army for Justice instead of hedge funds playing games, which is way more likely the case. Dodds is a legend but he also has a tendency to get swept up into fantastical, conspiratorial stuff like that (like he did with Q-Anon). There’s no basis in reality for any of the “hedgies running scared, laying low, Cohen going to recall shares, has a secret plan” stuff. 

Doesn’t mean you can’t make a buck trading; it’s just that you’re not part of some white army coming to give Wall St to the people.

Has anyone from GME or Cohen ever given any hint or whiff that this was even a remote possibility? What’s the origin of this? It seems it was wishcasting created from dreams by the people who think there’s a secret behind the scenes war going on between Cohen and the Reddit Army for Justice instead of hedge funds playing games, which is way more likely the case. Dodds is a legend but he also has a tendency to get swept up into fantastical, conspiratorial stuff like that (like he did with Q-Anon). There’s no basis in reality for any of the “hedgies running scared, laying low, Cohen going to recall shares, has a secret plan” stuff. 

Doesn’t mean you can’t make a buck trading; it’s just that you’re not part of some white army coming to give Wall St to the people.
Boo. I like Dodds version of the story better. His had a happy ending 

DID YOU NOT SEE THE ICE CREAM CONE TWEET?!?! HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE FROG EMOJI?!?!?!?

You didnt explain why it wasnt a possibility.  Im asking you why it wasnt possible.

You didnt explain why it wasnt a possibility.  Im asking you why it wasnt possible.
I said it was a fantasy. It’s mechanically possible. 
Fine.

Not trying to argue here.  But you stated it was a fantasy.  Im asking you why it was a fantasy.  Im not saying it was probable, but I simply do not understand why the company wouldnt.  It feels like the absolute +EV play here and Im at a loss why it didnt happen.

AI might hit it's IPO price of $42 soon at this pace.  Already way below it's actual opening at $100.

HOFVW, the warrants, look real nice if I'm reading this right.  Conversion cost is $1.40.  $2.40 pre market, + $1.40 = 3.80/share.  HOFV is $7.00+ premarket and closed yesterday at $4 something.    

I gotta be missing something.  This $3+ warrant discount is way too much.  And they were only 86 cents yesterday?  
Taking a little chance here on HOFVW.  It was jumping around so much I didn't want to go too big at once.  Started buying around $2.25, all the way down to $1.70.  Have 1000 warrants with an average cost under $2.  Still have buy limits at 1.60 & 1.50 set but probably not going to hit.

Thanks @Wingnut for the headsup.  

Fine.

Not trying to argue here.  But you stated it was a fantasy.  Im asking you why it was a fantasy.  Im not saying it was probable, but I simply do not understand why the company wouldnt.  It feels like the absolute +EV play here and Im at a loss why it didnt happen.
There really needs to be a meme stock thread.

The people who lent the shares are the ones who recall the shares, not the company. Maybe people think GME or Cohen lent shares to shorts en masse as part of their behind the scenes war or something but it’s when you begin to try to operationalize this stuff that the theories break down

AI might hit it's IPO price of $42 soon at this pace.  Already way below it's actual opening at $100.
Thanks. I remember listening to a podcast before they IPO’d and they said because it takes AI so long to secure a customer due to the complexity of its business, that earnings will be choppy and you can get buying opps as a result. Back on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread