Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

Referral link for TIKR.com

Free (for now, I can't imagine that lasts forever) website to do some stock research. I got access today (it's in BETA) but now that I'm in, that link should get you access. Just started looking around, but there's tons of great info consolidated here, from valuations, analyst estimates and such to call transcripts and public filings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, ConstruxBoy said:

That's where I wanted to go for Spring Break but I was outvoted and we're going to Destin. 

Ignoring Kee, Destin is fine, but the water was way too cold and beaches seem nicer further down. Spring break in FL is typically warmer and I’ve enjoyed Tampa/St. Pete and Marco Island much better.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

My non retirement portfolio now entirely consists of cydy (free rolling), hgen, and some gme.  I’m either going to end up Elon Musk rich or never have the courage to buy another stock again. 

Now that we are /hopefully/ at the tail end of COVID, Im starting to get some cash.  Im not sure what to expect.  Im hoping that there will be some waves to ride that I can hop on.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Ignoring Kee, Destin is fine, but the water was way too cold and beaches seem nicer further down. Spring break in FL is typically warmer and I’ve enjoyed Tampa/St. Pete and Marco Island much better.

Yeah, we got a place with a heated pool just in case. 

• Like 1

Just now, JAA said:

Now that we are /hopefully/ at the tail end of COVID, Im starting to get some cash.  Im not sure what to expect.  Im hoping that there will be some waves to ride that I can hop on.

Trying to work in to the Spring Break talk?

3 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Referral link for TIKR.com

Free (for now, I can't imagine that lasts forever) website to do some stock research. I got access today (it's in BETA) but now that I'm in, that link should get you access. Just started looking around, but there's tons of great info consolidated here, from valuations, analyst estimates and such to call transcripts and public filings.

cheatsheets.net was free when it started also

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ConstruxBoy said:
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Trying to work in to the Spring Break talk?

Unfortunately there are no good :handcuff: :caughtme: emoji's to make this response spectacular

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes.  Please stay away from Destin :oldunsure:

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, NajehHejan said:

Sold my RIOT and MOGO - had to bank the gains - I'm sure they'll keep going up. Trying to rinse/repeat with some cheaper crypto plays. This could be an ingenius move, or utter stupidity:

In CCTL at .04

In BFCH at .235

In INTV at .50

How about that CCTL!  I was in only a small amount but dang, that one went south real quick.

• Laughing 1

No, this doesn't belong here, but this is where I am while I'm feeling the need to vent.

Don't force me to use a ####### "special character" in my password and then limit what I can use as a special character to 5 ####### things. If I want to use a tilde, let me use a ####### tilde. :rant:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

16 minutes ago, caustic said:

Opened a decent position in HGEN because Capella from the internet said it’s going to $40.

“A stranger from the internet says”....  that’s basically the cornerstone of my investment strategy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

17 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

No, this doesn't belong here, but this is where I am while I'm feeling the need to vent.

Don't force me to use a ####### "special character" in my password and then limit what I can use as a special character to 5 ####### things. If I want to use a tilde, let me use a ####### tilde. :rant:

This pisses me off so much.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

I've got enough already but it's awfully tempting to buy more.  On paper it seems like the right play but I'm so perplexed on why it has been dropping that I can't justify putting any more money into it.

Would really like to see Durrant start putting himself out there more and generate some buzz about this stock.  

Why are you letting an irrational market make your decisions for you 

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Not concerned in the slightest. It’ll be going to the 40s after it gets the EUA. Bought more today cheap. 

What is the expected/potential timeline for EUA?

May calls are still pretty reasonably priced.

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

What is the expected/potential timeline for EUA?

May calls are still pretty reasonably priced.

They are *apparently* applying this week after the results Monday. Seems like the timeline is 2-3 weeks after. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConstruxBoy said:

That's where I wanted to go for Spring Break but I was outvoted and we're going to Destin. 

At least your wife isn't dragging you to Iowa for an extended weekend.  :kicksrock:F me.... 

Seriously, we've been shut in for a f'n year and the first time we leave the area is so she can go to f'n antiquing in Iowa!?  

Edited by beef
  • Laughing 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Profit taking time on MARA?

Within spitting distance of ATH for it, probably.

But we've been on a slow, steady climb since Friday. 24h volume now pushing $60B. The $60Bs seem to be where it likes to make a push*. I want to see if it can break through resistance at $60k, and if it can, I think a new ATH is attainable. I may hold off and see.

*This is my perception from following along. I haven't done a deep dive or anything here. Just seems like:

BTC volume in the 50Bs - We're going to drift upward at a slow, steady pace until we hit the next band of resistance.
BTC volume in the 60Bs - We're going to break through that resistance and challenge ATHs
BTC volume in the 80Bs - Dump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

i've got one that doesn't allow special characters.  

1 minute ago, dino259 said:

i've got one that doesn't allow special characters.  

See, I can live with that. I have special character passwords. I have non-special character passwords. I don't HAVE limited special character passwords.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:
24 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Profit taking time on MARA?

Within spitting distance of ATH for it, probably.

But we've been on a slow, steady climb since Friday. 24h volume now pushing $60B. The $60Bs seem to be where it likes to make a push*. I want to see if it can break through resistance at $60k, and if it can, I think a new ATH is attainable. I may hold off and see.

*This is my perception from following along. I haven't done a deep dive or anything here. Just seems like:

BTC volume in the 50Bs - We're going to drift upward at a slow, steady pace until we hit the next band of resistance.
BTC volume in the 60Bs - We're going to break through that resistance and challenge ATHs
BTC volume in the 80Bs - Dump

Thanks for this insight!  I actually just tripped a sell of 1/3 of my MARA @49.95... but will hold onto the rest.

1 minute ago, Keerock said:

Thanks for this insight!  I actually just tripped a sell of 1/3 of my MARA @49.95... but will hold onto the rest.

I'm no expert here. I've just been doing this for a while.

I have shares with a basis in the $20s that I'll continue to hold. I have others I bought last week as part of what I've been trading regularly on swings. My plan is to continue holding the former, but like you I'm trying to feel through the right exit point for the newer shares, so I can look to reload again on the next pullback.

Don't know if @hooter311 has any short-term thoughts. I haven't seen him around the thread for a bit. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

See, I can live with that. I have special character passwords. I have non-special character passwords. I don't HAVE limited special character passwords.

1Password has changed my life. And that statement itself is sad. 

17 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

1Password has changed my life. And that statement itself is sad. 

I'm right with ya.

Currently using Podesta123

Also, since 9.9998798% of you in here are action junkies who pretend to work while watching stocks most of your weekdays, just know that Friday is a market holiday so the good people of Wall Street can observe the crucifiction of a man who absolutely detested folks who would have worked on Wall Street back in (checks bible study notes from 1986) 30 AD.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5

2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

So legalization happens in NY and STMH goes up about a penny and a half. Neat.

Kinda glad I held on to 4,000 shares of Valens on the basis that they were at one time considered best in breed.  It's been a painful, arduous relationship but today has been nice.

1 hour ago, beef said:

At least your wife isn't dragging you to Iowa for an extended weekend.  :kicksrock:F me.... 

Seriously, we've been shut in for a f'n year and the first time we leave the area is so she can go to f'n antiquing in Iowa!?  

Yikes. So going to Iowa and spending money on old, fragile things? 

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Thread said:

Also, since 9.9998798% of you in here are action junkies who pretend to work while watching stocks most of your weekdays, just know that Friday is a market holiday so the good people of Wall Street can observe the crucifiction of a man who absolutely detested folks who would have worked on Wall Street back in (checks bible study notes from 1986) 30 AD.

Fortunately, BTC never sleeps

• Like 1