What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

Sold the Kala I picked up two days ago for a 5% gain and the SE for a 10% gain.  Also trimmed Mara earlier.

Adding back the Kroger I sold yesterday $2 a share lower.

It’s my way of thanking you for the incredible losses on GameStop. 
I continue to make a fortunate on GameStop. It's been the best day trade stock for me.

1. Sell half of my position at the open + $2

2. Buy all those shares back at 10-12 dollars cheaper through the day.

3. If you are feeling enthusiastic, you can usually complete a second cycle (for a smaller gap) during the day.

If you monitor this stock on Yahoo, use the 1 minute intervals on the daily chart  and wait for three red smash downs in a row. If this corresponds with a good RSI value, you buy. Rinse and repeat all day long.

So you guys are the reason my HGEN Puts wouldn't move under $18. :)

I just did a quick turn on it due to the dilution. I couldn't stay in on it because I like the stock. I cashed out on a modest gain and will probably go long on some shares tomorrow. I was just talking about all this with my wife so when I came here and saw all the buzz about HGEN it convinced me.

So you guys are the reason my HGEN Puts wouldn't move under $18. :)

I just did a quick turn on it due to the dilution. I couldn't stay in on it because I like the stock. I cashed out on a modest gain and will probably go long on some shares tomorrow. I was just talking about all this with my wife so when I came here and saw all the buzz about HGEN it convinced me.
They diluted to raise capital in anticipation of approval. Seems pretty standard for these situations from what I read. It was a solution to go to the CEO or anything. 

I still like SA  :shrug:

Maybe not as refreshing as in the past but still some pretty good articles and research
They are generally well written articles.  My issue is that they have a conclusion then find data to support it.  Most of the articles that would pop up on my time line gave me self confirmation of what I already believed. I never find that useful. Tell me I'm wrong. I generally am more often that not. I prefer to have my convictions challenged. I'm happy to change my mind, and often have, but need a reason to do so. 

Again, JMHO GB

Many would say most advice sites are rags, regardless, any thoughts on silver (SILJ) in particular. 
I looked at their long term chart on yahoo today and it looks like todays price is basically their lifetime price give or take some dough either way. With a wienie dividend. 

No thanks. 

Many would say most advice sites are rags, regardless, any thoughts on silver (SILJ) in particular. 
I looked at their long term chart on yahoo today and it looks like todays price is basically their lifetime price give or take some dough either way. With a wienie dividend. 

No thanks. 
As someone that was a dork and bought precious metals as a kid, I hope it's true. However, I agree with your analysis.

They are generally well written articles.  My issue is that they have a conclusion then find data to support it.  Most of the articles that would pop up on my time line gave me self confirmation of what I already believed. I never find that useful. Tell me I'm wrong. I generally am more often that not. I prefer to have my convictions challenged. I'm happy to change my mind, and often have, but need a reason to do so. 

Again, JMHO GB
Good points. I have both BTC and PLTR so I see lots of articles on those. Most are positive and self affirming but there are some negative ones as well that do help me challenge my convictions. Even some of the well written positive ones can make me think more. I really like Lyn Alden's stuff. 

Anyway, it has certainly gotten more cheerleader-ish, as you mention. 

Good points. I have both BTC and PLTR so I see lots of articles on those. Most are positive and self affirming but there are some negative ones as well that do help me challenge my convictions. Even some of the well written positive ones can make me think more. I really like Lyn Alden's stuff. 

Anyway, it has certainly gotten more cheerleader-ish, as you mention. 
I ahve 3 options on PLTR still.  down bad so far, but this is a long term good stock IMO

HGEN stock got crushed today due to the 5 million share @ $18.50 cash raise for manufacturing. Not good for me short term since I could have sold some Monday in the high $twenties. But this post on twitter summarizes my thoughts on the raise:

Look at it this way, they likely had tentative deals with all the of banks on the public offering, contingent on review of the Phase 3 results. They all reviewed the results and signed the deal. That’s more than confidence. That’s knowing you’ve got the nuts.

Good luck.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
HGEN stock got crushed today due to the 5 million share @ $18.50 cash raise for manufacturing. Not good for me short term since I could have sold some Monday in the high $twenties. But this post on twitter summarizes my thoughts on the raise:

Look at it this way, they likely had tentative deals with all the of banks on the public offering, contingent on review of the Phase 3 results. They all reviewed the results and signed the deal. That’s more than confidence. That’s knowing you’ve got the nuts.

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up on this...well not the heads up when you first mentioned it. :lol:   Luckily I only bought 4 shares in my first buy.

I DCA'd down already sold off 100s of shares at a 50% profit and still have 126 shares at $14.71 basis.  Manage to sell some within 50 cents of the last two peaks.  This stock has pretty been pure gold...but any day it dips 10%+ which is often and then sell on the pops.  This stock has been the anti-cydy which has thrown me curve ball after curve ball.

Thanks for the heads up on this...well not the heads up when you first mentioned it. :lol:   Luckily I only bought 4 shares in my first buy.

I DCA'd down already sold off 100s of shares at a 50% profit and still have 126 shares at $14.71 basis.  Manage to sell some within 50 cents of the last two peaks.  This stock has pretty been pure gold...but any day it dips 10%+ which is often and then sell on the pops.  This stock has been the anti-cydy which has thrown me curve ball after curve ball.
Consider holding long term, you know - 4 to 6 weeks.

I don't think 'ol BuyNSell works that way...
:lol:

I tried the buy and hold and now I'm upside-down on things like DOCU and KALA and missed a huge opportunity with SE when I could have pocket 30% on those recently.  While it seems like "BuyNSell" it's actually a recommended  @Todemtactic on steroids.  I'm rebalancing my portfolio, just on a more frequent basis.  I'll keep a core amount of stuff I like, but I won't let it get overweight.  The single biggest mistake I've made in the last 6 months is not banking enough profits and swinging for too many home runs.

Thoughts on AMC? It seems already over-priced with the war against the shorts going on but reports are very good with Godzilla v Kong attendance last night.

AMC for whatever reason has been good to me. I have managed to time things pretty well so I might be reaching here. 

NOT A RECOMMENDATION, but keep an eye on CARA Therapeutics. They have phase 2 trial results due any day now that could be great for treating pruritus which currently relies on opioids. I've picked up a few shares. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread