Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

smdh

What's STMH? Is this supposed to be a competitor to IIPR?

Vertically integrated, farm-to-tray. Lol. Lots of licenses in multiple states. Not a REIT.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Vertically integrated, farm-to-tray. Lol. Lots of licenses in multiple states. Not a REIT.

Oh, this is the one McBokonon discovered without any input from anyone, especially urbanhack.

• Laughing 2
2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Oh, this is the one McBokonon discovered without any input from anyone, especially urbanhack.

My notebook says I learned about it from UH. I don't know. At any rate, it's an object lesson in never buying all at once.

Edited by kevzilla
1 hour ago, Capella said:

@BassNBrew is amazon good again?

If good is defined as the same price as last July 1 when the S&P500 was 33% lower then yes.  Personally I prefer my investments to beat my checking account interest rate.

Given that it's currently 29% of my portfolio :bag:, it was a good week.  I really need to trim that.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
5 hours ago, kevzilla said:

My notebook says I learned about it from UH. I don't know. At any rate, it's an object lesson in never buying all at once.

Well, the run-up to $1.40 was intoxicating. 

3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I just tried to buy 5000 more shares. :loco:

There seems to be a cycle where the demon weed gets in the news and the pot stocks respond positively.  Hoping that will happen again and might get a decent out.*

*I didn't use "high" or "bump" because I don't take the cheap way out. Yo.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
5 hours ago, identikit said:

Bitcoin over 60k

Weekend prices tend to not hold as well. If you look are peaks over the past month they are all on the weekend. It’s like AHs stocks, they’ll show you moves if there’s an actual earnings announcement but the moves are way less accurate and sometimes completely incorrect when the market opens.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Capella said:

Mancini thinks it could breakout to 75

Yeah that chart looks rock solid.  It might hit 54 again before it goes up but when this clears the ATH of 61.7 it’s probably off to 75k.

mancini has been absolutely spot on BTC all the way up.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Yeah that chart looks rock solid.  It might hit 54 again before it goes up but when this clears the ATH of 61.7 it’s probably off to 75k.

mancini has been absolutely spot on BTC all the way up.

This is just a dumb person that doesn't chart.  The alt coins go through the roof before the crash.

14 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Sold most of my bitcoin at 60.5 last night.

will buy again at 55ish

also, probably going to sell most of my SI next week...close to ATH

@TripItUp, wait.....

Microsoft is in talks to by NUAN and I was looking at the stock and it was an interesting read. The stock had gone from the teens in late 2019 to $45 before the announcement. A nice 3x bagger plus change. I’m thinking it must have had some nice growth, well since 2017, it’s revenue has declined every year. Hmm, that doesn’t sound like a 3x bagger in the past year and a half. Read more about the acquisition and it mentioned part of their AI that could be worth $3-4B by itself. Interesting but even before the announcement over the weekend, it was already worth $13B, so in the past year and a half with declining revenue (even Q4 was down from Q3) the company had already increased in value by $9-10B or more than twice what the AI segment could be worth.

Microsoft is obviously buying them to put their tech to work, but man it sure highlights some stocks that have jumped without really jumping.

I saw WWE was peddling NFTs during Wrestlemania this past weekend and started to think Fonzie must be in behind the boat and lining up to jump the shark. However, collectibles linked to NFTs are up in early hours today; looking at FNKO and MUDS (soon to be TOPPs).

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Anyone in $MSNVF?  I bought a mediumish position based on some reading.  There also seems to be a bit of insider buying which is typically good for stock confidence.  Just wondering if anyone else has been following along.

21 minutes ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

I saw WWE was peddling NFTs during Wrestlemania this past weekend and started to think Fonzie must be in behind the boat and lining up to jump the shark. However, collectibles linked to NFTs are up in early hours today; looking at FNKO and MUDS (soon to be TOPPs).

HOFV is down so I added some more warrants.   

8 minutes ago, Capella said:

HC Wainwright upped HGEN to 36 a share. 

The stock is down 5%

HODL?

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

HC Wainwright upped HGEN to 36 a share. 

The stock is down 5%

They were the ones who put a $25 price tag on them a while back that I mentioned because it was pre-vaccine.

Also, they have a wee bit of a conflict of interest: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210329005744/en/Humanigen-Announces-Proposed-Public-Offering-of-Five-Million-Shares-of-Common-Stock

Since they make money off of HGEN. Not that Wall Street firms would ever, ever be unethical and pump people who pay them money. Never.

I’d be interested to see their justification for increasing their price target now that vaccines exist.

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

The only thing I took from that article is that I still can’t believe that Remdesivir is making Gilead that much money. What a crock of #### that is for something shown multiple times not to work. So many more people died because they rushed that out due to connections and didn’t push any other treatments. All these antibody treatments could have had trials filled in days early on while so many people were dying left and right.

1 hour ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

Reminds me of a "joke" I saw over the weekend:

Ferdous ฿hai @ferdousbhai

I have $2M in Ether. I create an NFT piece. I use my $2M to buy my own NFT. I still have my $2M in ETH, and I also have an NFT piece that is worth $2M according to price history. I sell my NFT to someone for only $200K, or at a 90% discount! Now I have $2.2M in ETH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The only thing I took from that article is that I still can’t believe that Remdesivir is making Gilead that much money. What a crock of #### that is for something shown multiple times not to work. So many more people died because they rushed that out due to connections and didn’t push any other treatments. All these antibody treatments could have had trials filled in days early on while so many people were dying left and right.

:shrug: just posting stuff I read about a stock I like. Hgen and cydy definitely missed their window for the mega-rocket ship but money can still be made in this arena. 

Edited by Capella
1 hour ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

I'm currently looking into MUDS - they are going public with Topps, who will have a ton of NFT action going soon.  The valuation is very reasonable at 2x revenue with very little NFT accounted for.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Capella said:

:shrug: just posting stuff I read about a stock I like. Hgen and cydy definitely missed their window for the mega-rocket ship but money can still be made in this arena. 

Wasn’t even referring to that. Just seeing Remdesivir making $2B, pisses me off still. Here we are a year later and promising drugs make nothing and are finishing up trials when that piece of crap was just installed as the standard treatment. Glad we pushed hard on the vaccines but we should have pushed just as hard on treatments.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sand said:

I'm currently looking into MUDS - they are going public with Topps, who will have a ton of NFT action going soon.  The valuation is very reasonable at 2x revenue with very little NFT accounted for.

Bought some last week when it dipped below $11 and more this morning.  It's not just these NFTs, Topps eCard trading Apps are crazy too.  My kids and I do the Star Wars and Disney ones for fun (I also have Bunt and Marvel), but some people are absolutely insane in spending money on these apps.  

5 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

I have $2M in Ether. I create an NFT piece. I use my $2M to buy my own NFT. I still have my $2M in ETH, and I also have an NFT piece that is worth $2M according to price history. I sell my NFT to someone for only $200K, or at a 90% discount! Now I have $2.2M in ETH.

I think we talked about this in the other thread. I have no doubt that a lot of that happened early on to get attention and more customers. It’s not a coincidence that a LeBron top shot went for a ridiculous amount right from the start or a painting went for as much as top physical Van Goghs. That pulls in customers thinking that in one pack they could pull a $200k card.

I don’t doubt that that has happened plenty of times in crypto currencies especially the alt ones. Coins got minted and the creators just happen to have a huge %. It sure isn’t hard to manipulate prices to get people to jump right in thinking that the price will continue. Bitcoin has gotten big enough now that you can’t do that but these NFTs would be crazy easy.

15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think we talked about this in the other thread. I have no doubt that a lot of that happened early on to get attention and more customers. It’s not a coincidence that a LeBron top shot went for a ridiculous amount right from the start or a painting went for as much as top physical Van Goghs. That pulls in customers thinking that in one pack they could pull a $200k card.

I don’t doubt that that has happened plenty of times in crypto currencies especially the alt ones. Coins got minted and the creators just happen to have a huge %. It sure isn’t hard to manipulate prices to get people to jump right in thinking that the price will continue. Bitcoin has gotten big enough now that you can’t do that but these NFTs would be crazy easy.

These "jokes" are entertaining and all, but it'll be even more entertaining when the tax man comes calling.  You got sales and Income tax???  

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm really kind of interested in how all this would work out and the tax implications.  If politicians would/could create lax laws on this.  I'd take it to the PSF but it would just turn into a Racism/QAnon debate.   

Edited by beef
4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wasn't the bold transaction essentially advertising?

Regarding the last sentence, you have to consider that most of the flows into Bitcoin have been coming from Tether. Tether is purported to be a stablecoin worth 1USD, but good luck verifying what is actually backing it.

4 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Wasn't the bold transaction essentially advertising?

Regarding the last sentence, you have to consider that most of the flows into Bitcoin have been coming from Tether. Tether is purported to be a stablecoin worth 1USD, but good luck verifying what is actually backing it.

It was, but like your joke, that person has enough to ETH that he was likely made hole by the increase in his other ETH holdings as they went up.

I remember that discussion years ago that they didn’t have what they said they had. I can’t recall if they were involved in a discovery by someone snooping that blockchain and seeing that there was in fact trading between the same accounts back and forth. Hit crypto prices a bunch and I think it was related to Tether. Didn’t end up mattering years later. 

1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

How much do you want for the NFT for your post? 💰

• Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Wasn’t even referring to that. Just seeing Remdesivir making $2B, pisses me off still. Here we are a year later and promising drugs make nothing and are finishing up trials when that piece of crap was just installed as the standard treatment. Glad we pushed hard on the vaccines but we should have pushed just as hard on treatments.

Where there is money to be made, shadiness will follow. 

The world is lucky these vaccines are miraculous. Not sure what we would be doing otherwise. 

• Love 1

@hooter311, but interested in the thoughts of all.

How much of the money in GBTC, miners (MARA, RIOT), and ancillary plays (SI) do we think gets soaked up by the $COIN listing? Enough to matter to those investments? Currently kicking this around with @JerseyToughGuys a bit. 

When all those early investors in $COIN cash out, where do we think that money's going? I'd bet a fair amount goes right back into crypto in some manner. So do we see a pop in BTC as a result following the $COIN listing? If so, do the miners continue to benefit at the same rate they have or will outflows to $COIN be significant enough to mute/offset their usual reactions to BTC movement?

Just curious how people are thinking about this, if they are at all.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

It's potentially an interesting circle.  I might want to get out of the miners to get into $COIN without overpaying, which might mean needing to NOT be in $COIN for a few days or a week or so, which might mean staying in the miners OR missing out on some of the possible next leg up in BTC, which might include a pullback by the miners because of the money going into $COIN. 

And yes, I'd rather just be directly in BTC, but given this money is in my Brokeragelink acct, that's not really on the table here.

1 hour ago, Sand said:
3 hours ago, Johnnie Nepal said:

MUD?

36 minutes ago, Capella said:

Where there is money to be made, shadiness will follow. 

The world is lucky these vaccines are miraculous. Not sure what we would be doing otherwise. 

That was the one thing Trump did correctly. He was pro-vaccine from the start. Should have also tried to be safe while waiting but we’d be in dire straits without them.

It still pisses me off that we still have Remdesivir as the primary treatment and that Gilead is profiting off of it. 

36 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That was the one thing Trump did correctly. He was pro-vaccine from the start. Should have also tried to be safe while waiting but we’d be in dire straits without them.

It still pisses me off that we still have Remdesivir as the primary treatment and that Gilead is profiting off of it. 

You must not own Gilead stock...

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
11 minutes ago, identikit said:

Hating $NNOX more and more.

Added a little more today to DCA.  Caused it to move into my top 10 holdings in my brokerage account now.  :oldunsure: