Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Quantumscape Shares Move Lower; Traders Circulate Negative Note By Scorpion Capital Titled 'A Pump and Dump SPAC Scam By Silicon Valley Celebrities, That Makes Theranos Look Like Amateurs'

Scorpion Capital?  

If this is their place, they ride cool scooters

Scorpion Capital's "note" looks like an investigation done by 8chaners.

Added at $36.50 & $36.  

Edited by beef
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 63.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Holy crap @Bob Sacamano, Fidelity gave me 100 shares of Applovin. UI Path is next week but I had been ignoring IPOs for a while because I hadn’t gotten into one since ASO (sold that way too early).

It’ll probably be a dog but hey still fun!

• Like 3

Does Coinbase even have a moat? What’s to stop Square, for example, where Bitcoin transactions are pretty small part of their revenue, from making transactions super cheap or even free just to bring people into their more lucrative ecosystem?

5 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Does Coinbase even have a moat? What’s to stop Square, for example, where Bitcoin transactions are pretty small part of their revenue, from making transactions super cheap or even free just to bring people into their more lucrative ecosystem?

Nothing really. There’s a bunch of exchanges that can buy and sell Bitcoin. That’s one reason why I was going nowhere near it early on after reading about how even CoinBase mentioned they would likely be lowering fees to stave off competition. The article was basically saying that they think transaction fees will go they way of the dodo like stock trading fees. As you said with SQ, they have other vehicles to support 0 trading fees like Fidelity and Schwab do.

10 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Hopefully it's not a ride down like the last triple witching blue moon to infinity Cappy nut squeeze.

This appears to be the early indication lol

• Thanks 1

Is there a readily available chart of stock market volume data over the last like 100 years?  Id like to see how volume has changed since the introduction of computer based trading.

Will answer yours

It's not sexy, but Bank of America released pretty solid numbers and a stock buyback. Revenue was flat, which may be why the stock is down a chunk today. I've seen this story play out for BAC and WFC over the years. I jumped on the WFC train hard a few months back and that's paid off well.. IMO, it's a buying opportunity for BAC. Would not be surprised to see today's $38.xx be in the low-to-mid-$40s in the next several weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Is there a readily available chart of stock market volume data over the last like 100 years?  Id like to see how volume has changed since the introduction of computer based trading.

Will answer yours

Here is a NYSE one, but this is on a log scale.  I dont like log scales as visually they arent compelling:  https://jlfmi.tumblr.com/post/92639863325/secular-stock-volume-decline-not-unprecedented

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Will answer yours

Not just computer based, I’d imagine the free trade change the past couple years has to have a huge impact as well.

• Like 2

Don't love how BLDP keeps falling back to this $20-$21 level but I'll keep buying. Currently at 3% of my portfolio and I'm willing to go up to 5.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I really bolloxed up my RIOT play this time around.  Will be holding and averaging down.  

Seems like COIN finally going public is almost acting like the news after the rumor. Seems like I remember reading some $600 price estimates (what I posted) so wondering if they’ve extended the investment dollars too far?

2 minutes ago, caustic said:

Don't love how BLDP keeps falling back to this $20-$21 level but I'll keep buying. 

Still haven’t bought into this yet but may. That and QS are looking way better than recent highs. Kind of a weird day. Overall having a decent day but lots of red in specific spots. Some of which are things I need to finish buying so some opportunities. Feel like we are going to be heading sideways for a while, some ups and downs but just feels like a tired rally even in the value side which had jumped a lot lately as well. 

• Like 1

Some of these crypto plays seem like 3x leveraged ETFs with less rationale.  80% of my crypto investment is in the actual thing so no huge deal, and I don't think I'll ever change that.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Holy crap @Bob Sacamano, Fidelity gave me 100 shares of Applovin. UI Path is next week but I had been ignoring IPOs for a while because I hadn’t gotten into one since ASO (sold that way too early).

It’ll probably be a dog but hey still fun!

Applovin is indicated to open about $71 vs. its IPO price of $80. Looks like TuSimple is trading now and also below its IPO price. COIN took everything.

I'll try UIPath, the nerds who actually understand how it works love it, but I imagine it'll be oversubscribed.

3 hours ago, beef said:

Quantumscape Shares Move Lower; Traders Circulate Negative Note By Scorpion Capital Titled 'A Pump and Dump SPAC Scam By Silicon Valley Celebrities, That Makes Theranos Look Like Amateurs'

That is a harsh headline.  If you are going to write a hit piece, go for the jugular

Not in this one but good luck to anyone that is

37 minutes ago, caustic said:

Don't love how BLDP keeps falling back to this $20-$21 level but I'll keep buying. Currently at 3% of my portfolio and I'm willing to go up to 5.

Doubled down on BLDP just now. Also blew out the rest of my DMEHF for a 72.9% return.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Doubled down on BLDP just now. Also blew out the rest of my DMEHF for a 72.9% return.

:hifive:

Maybe Royal Helium can hire Dr. Oz or Phil or some other whackado and turn their stock price around.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Applovin is indicated to open about $71 vs. its IPO price of $80. Looks like TuSimple is trading now and also below its IPO price. COIN took everything.

I'll try UIPath, the nerds who actually understand how it works love it, but I imagine it'll be oversubscribed.

Sweet! Now I know why there were shares for me. Part of the reason why I’ve ignored IPOs. It was so rare that I actually got a good IPO. Actually, even the best ones I got (LSF and ASO) weren’t considered good. I at least sold LSF close to its high in the 50s for more than a double. ASO did well but should have held on and I even told people it could be a good one and they probably made more!

I do like this company but I can see where the IPO could suffer a bit from fatigue.

Well, it’s open and getting crushed. Woo hoo!

Edited by stbugs

So weird though to be having a solid day, a little above market but the stocks are really split. So much red and some decent %s down right next to some real nice gainers.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So weird though to be having a solid day, a little above market but the stocks are really split. So much red and some decent %s down right next to some real nice gainers.

Down 1% myself.

DKNG, BLDP, NNOX, PLTR

Ugh

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Sweet! Now I know why there were shares for me. Part of the reason why I’ve ignored IPOs. It was so rare that I actually got a good IPO. Actually, even the best ones I got (LSF and ASO) weren’t considered good. I at least sold LSF close to its high in the 50s for more than a double. ASO did well but should have held on and I even told people it could be a good one and they probably made more!

I do like this company but I can see where the IPO could suffer a bit from fatigue.

Well, it’s open and getting crushed. Woo hoo!

Never heard of Applovin until I got the IPO emails, but I did notice the other day when I accidentally clicked on an ad between words with friends rounds that it went to an Applovin website. So, it definitely exists!

• Laughing 1
10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just now, identikit said:

Down 1% myself.

DKNG, BLDP, NNOX, PLTR

Ugh

Basically seems like small/midcaps and newer companies getting hit. If your company thesis hasn't changed and you're not just trading, nothing to worry about.

Moses is after me.  Red everywhere.  Down >3.5% right now.  TQQQ is my only significant green.  MUDS and a few others too, but they're smaller plays.  I need days like this to do some buying.    

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Looks like I will be the proud owner of some additional UWMC tomorrow :doh: 

Think I'll wait for it to hit $6.  Could be Monday.    

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, identikit said:

Down 1% myself.

DKNG, BLDP, NNOX, PLTR

Ugh

BLDP and QS are rough rides today here. I usually am the one to sell to quick. Wish I’d locked some QS gain to rebuy some today. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

BLDP and QS are rough rides today here. I usually am the one to sell to quick. Wish I’d locked some QS gain to rebuy some today. 

I forgot..

I own QS too...

:cry:

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, identikit said:

I forgot..

I own QS too...

:cry:

And that's a bingo folks!  Looks like you're splitting the pot with about 20 others here.  Myself included. 

Edited by beef
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, beef said:

Scorpion Capital?  

If this is their place, they ride cool scooters

Scorpion Capital's "note" looks like an investigation done by 8chaners.

Added at $36.50 & $36.  

Incredible......former disgruntled employees are their research? LOL.

Guys.....this company is on the brink of changing the battery EV world by 2025. I am long. Yes this is called a highly speculative risky play. But I am firmly entrenched until I see real reasons....not some short selling hedge fund making some headlines on....disgruntled ex employees bad mouthing their former employer. 

Lord man.

BLDP and QS should be small small pieces of you portfolio puzzle. My master list...that is where your real...long term nest egg money should be. These two stocks are part of the small cap mid cap long term high growth risk bucket.....I never condone piling up on these types of stocks....I look at them as the real funny money part of your portfolio. Not the serious money.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Todem said:

Incredible......former disgruntled employees are their research? LOL.

Guys.....this company is on the brink of changing the battery EV world by 2025. I am long. Yes this is called a highly speculative risky play. But I am firmly entrenched until I see real reasons....not some short selling hedge fund making some headlines on....disgruntled ex employees bad mouthing their former employer. 

Lord man.

The opportunity to buy QS under $35 was pretty awesome.  I'm sure I won't regret that or the buys I made around $36 this morning either.       

• Like 1
Just now, beef said:

The opportunity to buy QS under $35 was pretty awesome.  I'm sure I won't regret that or the buys I made around $36 this morning either.       

Agreed. Stay long. QS and BLDP are disrupter type stocks. I hope they pay off. Hence why I do not go crazy in them. I put just enough that I am willing to lose. With these types of stocks that has to be the mindset. 

Otherwise stay out of these two names....they are roller coasters. But at some point they will either keep going up a huge track or down and never come back. That is how these types of companies ultimately go. Speculation for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I owned BLDP earlier this year and got out when it started breaking down with some nice profits (thanks Todem!) and also got out of BEEM, which authored a complete recovery (and then some) of my PA after getting annihilated in March 2020.   I'm going to stay out of BEEM for now, but just bought BLDP again at $20.75 so LESSSSSGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Todem said:

Agreed. Stay long. QS and BLDP are disrupter type stocks. I hope they pay off. Hence why I do not go crazy in them. I put just enough that I am willing to lose. With these types of stocks that has to be the mindset. 

Otherwise stay out of these two names....they are roller coasters. But at some point they will either keep going up a huge track or down and never come back. That is how these types of companies ultimately go. Speculation for sure.

Definitely in my play money account. I’m using profits from PPL still playing in these so just letting those ride. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Down 46% in STMH, leaning toward stupidly stubborn.

I have a stock in my PA that's down 99.43% and no that's not a typo.   You want a stupidly stubborn standoff my friend you best bring some heavier ammo.  :lmao:

• Love 1
  • Laughing 7
7 hours ago, McBokonon said:

We were talking about this one earlier in the thread and it’s one you’ve brought up a lot. Companies don’t recall shares - those who lent shares to short sellers recall shares. Is the theory that GME lent out their own shares to be shorted? Because that’s the only way this one makes sense and it really doesn’t even make sense then.

My wording is wrong. Basically calling a vote. Hedge Funds like Blackrock can recall their loaned shares so they can vote.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I have a stock in my PA that's down 99.43% and no that's not a typo.   You want a stupidly stubborn standoff my friend you best bring some heavier ammo.  :lmao:

Lol. Here I was about to reply to Kev about a stock that I was down over 60% last March and stuck with it. It’s now up 150% after 2 years, so it’s more of a RomCom happy ending and really pales as an example to yours.

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Never heard of Applovin until I got the IPO emails, but I did notice the other day when I accidentally clicked on an ad between words with friends rounds that it went to an Applovin website. So, it definitely exists!

Yeah, McLovin is a big bust for me today. I’ve got to stick with it for 15 days in order to not get kicked out of future IPOs (like it matters LOL). I researched it and it actually seems like a solid growth opportunity, but it’s just not as good a time to come out. They certainly didn’t price it properly but there were enough suckers like me.

9 minutes ago, John Kreese said:

I wish I could hide DM from my list of holdings on Schwab. Even on overall green days I don't enjoy watching that constantly wither away to nothing.

I cut bait on this around the $13.60 and while I took a hit on this I'm much happier not seeing this turd on my list.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn, just realized how far LAZR and RIDE have fallen. I was happy selling my RIDE @ $28 even though it got a little higher but now it’s less than $10. LAZR popped well past when I (and a couple others) sold at $38, but now it’s at $17. QS has at least had some good news but still back in the SPAC crazy days it was over $130.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

You want heavy ammo, try AgFeed or VisionMedia or several greek moonshot shipping companies.  Didn't even get 0.57% out of the court settlement.