• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

2 hours ago, Caveman33 said:

If you hold shares of GME, shorting would neutralize your position and you will likely have to pay borrowing interest.  

Do you have a hundred shares?  You could sell covered calls to capitalize on the premium and bring your cost basis down.  Of course you will miss out on the hypothetical moon landing.  I think you should sell your calls as limit orders so they only execute when the stock is going up.  The momentum swings seem to have a large impact on option prices.

Yea no I have 35 shares. More than enough for me. I am holding for the hopeful moon shot but may unload them soon. 

45 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

All the short talk got me hot.  I bought 15 puts on BLNK 4/23 $36.50 @ .18.  It expires today.  BLNK is a terrible company that will likely go below $5 within a few years.  If this ends in the money I will let a few exercise just to get in short. HTB Interest is at 40% on BLNK.

I set a limit sell order for 5 puts at .87.  This would make the trade profitable (too high to calculate the percentage) with 10 contracts riding free.

What do you guys think about CLII the SPAC that is supposed to merge with EVgo? The few electric car owners I've talked to said that EVgo has better charge stations than chargepoint and blink.  Personally, I think the whole charger market is overpriced as the range on electric cars is already expanding to 200-300 miles.  Owners will do 95% of their charging at home stations.  Most charging stations built and set-up like gas stations will remain money pits.

I put in a limit order for CLII at 12.97 to hopefully act as a smart hedge on my BLNK puts.  Also limit order for BLNK 4/30 $37 puts at $1.65

3 hours ago, Bossman said:

All the degenerate gamblers ... Ah, I mean "traders" in here and I'm the only one shorting stocks?

Shorted a few GME, MARA, and RIOT.

"Bold move Cotton ... let's see if it pays off."

3 hours ago, Caveman33 said:

I was successful shorting Sears from $10.00 to about $.15 for a 99% gain.  I went into it with at least 2X my short bet set aside to cover any short term upswing.  GME is more intimidating.  What would you do if the stock spiked up to 1,500 and you were down 10x your short bet?  

I recently shorted BLNK after allowing a few puts to exercise.  I was lucky enough to time my cover purchase well.  The brokers also charge interest on shorts if the shares are considered hard to borrow, might start when the float is 10-20% borrowed and the interest is charged daily at an APR of ~10-100%

It's so easy even a Caveman can do it

• Thanks 1

I have a feeling this is going to be the best price we see on NGA for a while, and I'll wish I'd sold. It's tempting. But I'm holding long-term. I think the Canadian gov't backing is going to make/keep Lion competitive.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

I sold for about a 0.3% gain or roughly the same as holding Amazon for 6 months.

I like the industry in the long run so I'm hanging on to it 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

$35?  Hope it was stuffed with cocaine.  Jesus....

The lady asked me when I was paying if I wanted to make a donation to the aquarium and I blurted out “what do you think I just did”. #### those turtles man, this whole day cost me a 150 bucks if that isn’t saving them I can’t help you anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 11
4 hours ago, stbugs said:

We tend to do the opposite of what you do. 

Well lately I haven't been able to pick a winner .... But I'm having no trouble picking losers. I seem to be able to do that without even trying.

Figured go with what I'm good at.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Capella said:

The lady asked me when I was paying if I wanted to make a donation to the aquarium and I blurted out “what do you think I just did”. #### those turtles man, this whole day cost me a 150 bucks if that isn’t saving them I can’t help you anymore. 

Can't wait until you have MOAR kids. :)

• Laughing 2
9 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Well lately I haven't been able to pick a winner .... But I'm having no trouble picking losers. I seem to be able to do that without even trying.

Figured go with what I'm good at.

You mentioned shorting and bam, great two days. Keep it up!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Capella said:

Just took my kid to the aquarium and spent 35 bucks on a GD stuffed animal so I need today’s gains to hold. Smh 

LOL.  I went last week and watched a guy with an iPad show a gorilla old family videos.  The gorilla's family -- they've since been separated.  This man has been going there 17 years, since that gorilla was born.

While other gorilla's were eating, this one sat by the window and watched videos of loved ones for no less than 10 minutes.

I was on edibles and I have to tell you, my mind was blown.

BTW, can someone link the zookeeper thread?  For real, I can't find it.  Great thread.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 5
  • Sad 1
42 minutes ago, Capella said:

What I would have given for that lady to know you're invested in CYDY when you said that.

• Laughing 1
9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

What I would have given for that lady to know you're invested in CYDY when you said that.

She wouldn't have asked since she'd know the donation is coming in 2 weeks

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 5
22 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

LOL.  I went last week and watched a guy with an iPad show a gorilla old family videos.  The gorilla's family -- they've since been separated.  This man has been going there 17 years, since that gorilla was born.

While other gorilla's were eating, this one sat by the window and watched videos of loved ones for no less than 10 minutes.

I was on edibles and I have to tell you, my mind was blown.

:lmao: 

this aquarium had the dolphin with a bad fin from some movie. For like a 125 bucks they’ll blow a whistle and it’ll swim up right behind you and take a picture like it’s a celebrity or something. I couldn’t believe it. 

• Laughing 2

Odd trade for me just now. I saw that KMB fell 8% on an earnings miss and poor guidance. The October $140 calls are trading at under $3 so I picked up a handful. That call was right at-the-money this morning. If the reopen boom happens, could pay off nicely (500 shares of a $130+ stock for six months at under $1500, um, OK.) And the risk is pretty small. 

• Like 2

:)

Oldest kid's coverdell up a nice 3% today thanks to SAENF and the money maker SE. 

Of course, this is where advisor Oz tells parent Oz to get more conservative with him going to school next year (but not using much of the $)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Capella said:

Just took my kid to the aquarium and spent 35 bucks on a GD stuffed animal so I need today’s gains to hold. Smh 

That's like the price of a hot dog and small fry at Disney. 

Great stock.  Great, great, stock. 

Opened up small positions in SNOW and PLTR but treating them like one position allocation wise (so half a position each once my buying stages are over) which I’m calling my “Opaque Data Companies That Try As I Might I Can’t Seem To Fully Grasp But Nerds Who Do Understand What The Hell They Actually Do Really Like Them” basket. If one dramatically outperforms the other over time I’ll sell the other and buy the winner if it makes sense.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 4
1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Opened up small positions in SNOW and PLTR but treating them like one position allocation wise (so half a position each once my buying stages are over) which I’m calling my “Opaque Data Companies That Try As I Might I Can’t Seem To Fully Grasp But Nerds Who Do Understand What The Hell They Actually Do Really Like Them” basket. If one dramatically outperforms the other over time I’ll sell the other and buy the winner if it makes sense.

Hmmm not a bad idea. I should start a ODCTTAIMICSTFGBNWDUWTHTADRLT basket too. 

• Laughing 1
4 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

Sounds like instead of stocks we need to invest in some animals and start a zoo. 

Pretty sure our bitcoin guy @hooter311 already sold his zebra and there were some issues previously with his wallaby. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 2
8 hours ago, dino259 said:

Pretty sure our bitcoin guy @hooter311 already sold his zebra and there were some issues previously with his wallaby. 

8 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

I was going to tag him but i didnt want to derail the thread but yes, he is the guy for this! 

He's been pretty quiet.  Something tells me he exited his monopoly positions after completing his pump.

16 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Pretty sure this is what came out of my mouth when a peace officer asked me to recite the alphabet backwards. 

I had a small incident with the campus police a long time ago, was rolling around on the hood of the campus po car for some unknown reason. Well our student ID was our social (very secure back then) and my friends said when they asked me, I rattled off about  40 numbers. I woke up in the college hospital with a really sore nose and cheek because they just put me in a wheelchair and I must have fallen out.

Edited by stbugs

These were my OCGN moves Friday:

in at $7.50, out at $8

In at $8.50, out at $9.90

In at $10.20...held after it hit $13 twice...it fell a bit and I decided $12 would be a good exit. Set my sell limit and it climbed to about $11.97 and was just about to trigger my sell when out of nowhere  dropped down to mid 9s in about 10 seconds on the direct offering news. I held and sold at $10.25, glad to be out without a loss

What a fun Rollercoaster rode that was.

I might get back in on Monday and see what happens. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

These were my OCGN moves Friday:

in at $7.50, out at $8

In at $8.50, out at $9.90

In at $10.20...held after it hit $13 twice...it fell a bit and I decided $12 would be a good exit. Set my sell limit and it climbed to about $11.97 and was just about to trigger my sell when out of nowhere  dropped down to mid 9s in about 10 seconds on the direct offering news. I held and sold at $10.25, glad to be out without a loss

What a fun Rollercoaster rode that was.

I might get back in on Monday and see what happens. 

I shorted it after it started to fail around $13.

I didn't have enough patience though and ended up covering for a profit of about $1/share right before the offering news sent it into a circuit halt down. 

Sucks to miss that by a few minutes but was trying to manage risk and I was worried it would squeeze out a bit into close when 3pm+ covers started coming in. 

• Like 1

MMEDF hitting the Nasdaq Tuesday is going to bring up their entire sector.  If you are going to be in it makes sense to spread it out among a few companies since it is so speculative.  

Will be picking up a little more MMEDF tomorrow and still like TRUFF a lot.

• Thanks 2
On 4/24/2021 at 4:19 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

I shorted it after it started to fail around $13.

I didn't have enough patience though and ended up covering for a profit of about $1/share right before the offering news sent it into a circuit halt down. 

Sucks to miss that by a few minutes but was trying to manage risk and I was worried it would squeeze out a bit into close when 3pm+ covers started coming in. 

Ah HA!

So there IS some shorting going on in here...

Looks like the bitcoin related stocks could tumble a bit tomorrow morning.

Another opportunity presents itself

50 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Ah HA!

So there IS some shorting going on in here...

Looks like the bitcoin related stocks could tumble a bit tomorrow morning.

Another opportunity presents itself

Offshore crypto-derivatives exchanges offer individual investors high degrees of leverage. At Binance, for instance, investors can get leverage of 125 to 1 for some futures contracts, meaning they can deposit just 80 cents to amass the equivalent of $100 of bitcoin. By comparison, an investor trading bitcoin futures on CME Group Inc., a regulated U.S. exchange, would need to deposit at least $38 and would likely be required to post more margin by their brokerage.

glll peas

2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

It's Apple and Amazonk week.  Any predictions?

Good run up for amazon till Thursday, drop after. 

Hoping Tesla runs tomorrow before their earnings, going to sell into the news and buy back during the inevitable drop to 600 something. 

• Like 1

Really think MindMed is going to go off tomorrow.  The Wall Street Bets reddit is non stop in the what are your moves tomorrow.  Every 10th post or so, someone talking about it.

Even if you sell it on Tuesday when it hits the Nazz, you should get a nice gain.

Take your GME and go MMEDF tomorrow

Edited by Dwayne Hoover
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

MMEDF hitting the Nasdaq Tuesday is going to bring up their entire sector.  If you are going to be in it makes sense to spread it out among a few companies since it is so speculative.  

Will be picking up a little more MMEDF tomorrow and still like TRUFF a lot.

Only like another 250% on all these shroom stocks and I will be back to even!

• Thanks 1
Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

Only like another 250% on all these shroom stocks and I will be back to even!

I think another run is coming.  Bottom line nothing in the next year matters though.

Some of these are going to either hit big in a couple of years or be a total bust.  I'll bet the former.  

Feels like regulations are going to change, at least on the medical side before long.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Rick Perry petitioning for psilocybin in Texas.  Seems like an unlikely combo but should give credibility that there is an awareness coming around

https://people.com/politics/rick-perry-urges-texas-to-launch-study-into-using-magic-mushrooms-to-treat-veterans-with-ptsd/

Hopefully, this rubs off on CMPS as I own some of that. Same sector, but I'm down a little on it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Hopefully, this rubs off on CMPS as I own some of that. Same sector, but I'm down a little on it.

I think it will.  

Sector has taken a beat down this year, even if short lived, another run feels like its incoming

Edited by Dwayne Hoover
On 4/22/2021 at 5:12 AM, pmedina said:

I’m all in on this MUDS, decided to focus my secondary account on 1-2 targets. Was a bit late, but in for a yolo amount at 12.67.  I think this thing has serious legs. 

That’s all I have in my play account besides a minuscule amount of QS. 

Note:  This is not financial advice 🤣

Todem runs my real account to make sure I can really retire.

In MUDS 5000 at $11.33.   Lets rock baby

Edited by KGB
  • Love 1