What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

Lol. AH is never the best leading indicator, but it’s funny that the trigger was that GME sold more shares. Isn’t this whole thing predicated on not having enough shares to short, hence the squeeze? They dump 3.5M shares on the market and that’s good news?

I’ll never get this stock, ever.
I think the news was that they were done selling all the shares they had filed for before, not that they are selling more.

Any fans of Square (SQ)? Thinking of getting my feet wet.
Lots of us. It’s my 4th largest holding in our IRA’s. If I had none, I’d start small here and see what happens with earnings 5/6. I’m curious to hear how their actual Square is doing with businesses opening back up in addition to Cash App and everything else.

Lots of us. It’s my 4th largest holding in our IRA’s. If I had none, I’d start small here and see what happens with earnings 5/6. I’m curious to hear how their actual Square is doing with businesses opening back up in addition to Cash App and everything else.
:wub:

Yeah, I'd start with about 1/4-1/3 a position, personally. They'll likely have to crush earnings to hold or advance here. 

Lol. AH is never the best leading indicator, but it’s funny that the trigger was that GME sold more shares. Isn’t this whole thing predicated on not having enough shares to short, hence the squeeze? They dump 3.5M shares on the market and that’s good news?

I’ll never get this stock, ever.

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1386792612271726601?s=19 

I don't even know what is happening anymore...except I'm removing my 196 sell order since it looks like this week will be insane. 
... aaaand we're back.

That "yolo moon run up" lasted about one after hours session.

Looks like $196 was the perfect spot to get out.

Wouldn't a company printing more stock.dilute the value of existing stock?

Maybe I don't understand ...or someone needs to explain that to Reddit and RH traders.

I am big on SQ. Their banking license, I think, will make them a big player in banking SMB. SMB are largely forgotten by the big banks and the small banks don't have the resources to provide what SMB often need; loans, Treasury Management support, etc. 

... aaaand we're back.

Maybe I don't understand ...or someone needs to explain that to Reddit and RH traders.
The theory is that 3.5 million is only 5% dilution and that there is at least 2x synthetic shares (70+ million) so the squeeze is still on. 

GME also now has no more threat of dilution , 0 debt, $550 million in cash, and now that GME is in good shape and the company can't be blamed for market manipulation by selling shares at the height of the squeeze (since this would be be the bottom).

Or....they thought $157/shares was the best value they could get and sold now. 

Up to you, but Ryan Cohen's tweets seem to suggest he's on on it with the crowd. If he screwed with the masses GME is DOA.

Last edited by a moderator:
$DMTK popping - apparently CIGNA and DMTK’s melanoma early detection test something something still trying to piece it together. 

$DMTK popping - apparently CIGNA and DMTK’s melanoma early detection test something something still trying to piece it together. 
Dummy here should have finished my positions last Tuesday of which this was one. At least I own a 1/3 of a position but it’s looking like last Tuesday was a good day to button a few things up. It’s one of two that I hadn’t at least gotten to a 1/2-3/4 of where I wanted to be. Still unsure if we are “safe” from the dips yet.

They are and according to the company for the past few months they were supposed to have a working prototype of LIDAR in April 2021 and that clock is running out. I don’t think this is a good investment, but just a very under the radar meme stock getting a big push. They really haven’t don’t anything aside from PR and even then it’s not like QS or even LAZR who actually have some deals/big partners.
Thanks for the reply! 

I've been long in them since under a buck (Hololens2, buyout rumors), so I'm essentially freerolling now after taking profits.  Going to hold what I have left in case the buyout ever comes.  What I'm not sure I'll do is average up (from $2.31) because of this WSB pump.  I know, I probably should just take it all...

Thanks for the reply! 

I've been long in them since under a buck (Hololens2, buyout rumors), so I'm essentially freerolling now after taking profits.  Going to hold what I have left in case the buyout ever comes.  What I'm not sure I'll do is average up (from $2.31) because of this WSB pump.  I know, I probably should just take it all...
Nice, you’ve done well. I wouldn’t bother averaging up on something that’s a 10x that hasn’t shown that it can live up to the hype. Enjoy the free roll and decide when you want to pocket the profit. It’s never a bad thing. I had CYDY, NNOX and RIDE and sold all for a nice profit. All 3 actually popped higher at some point after I sold, but all 3 are now below where I sold so I’m good with it (NNOX is the only one I’d think about now). Just don’t worry about losing out on “extra” profit. It’s impossible until months later to know when the peak was. I did get ridiculously lucky on ZM and FSLY selling both on their exact peak days but that was just a gut feel and pure luck.

Thanks for the reply! 

Nice, you’ve done well. I wouldn’t bother averaging up on something that’s a 10x that hasn’t shown that it can live up to the hype. Enjoy the free roll and decide when you want to pocket the profit. It’s never a bad thing. I had CYDY, NNOX and RIDE and sold all for a nice profit. All 3 actually popped higher at some point after I sold, but all 3 are now below where I sold so I’m good with it (NNOX is the only one I’d think about now). Just don’t worry about losing out on “extra” profit. It’s impossible until months later to know when the peak was. I did get ridiculously lucky on ZM and FSLY selling both on their exact peak days but that was just a gut feel and pure luck.
This.

Some of the best advice I got was "Never apologize for taking a profit".

... aaaand we're back.

Yesterday's announcement was that the previous announced dilution was completed.  Not a new dilution.

I doubt anybody was stupid enough to remain in Valens like I was but.....

Green Roads Acquisition Provides Immediate Entry Into U.S. Market -  will acquire the company for $40 million in cash and stock, plus $20 million if earnings-based targets are met.  Green Roads sells products with cannabidiol, or CBD -- the non-psychoactive compound in the marijuana plant -- online and through 7,000 retail locations. The deal will allow Valens to immediately enter the U.S. CBD market. The combined company would have had sales of C$111.6 million ($90 million) in 2020. Valens generated revenue of C$83.8 million in its last fiscal year.
I am $300 away from breaking even on 4,000 shares of this thing.  This could be the game changer for them as they get a foothold in the US, albeit through CBD.  If the US decriminalizes pot, this gets even more interesting.  Still holding here.  

I read a Seeking Alpha opinion piece yesterday that said Topps gets 6% on every secondary market sale of NFTs in perpetuity? If that's true it's a potentially huge ongoing revenue stream that I don't think is fully appreciated. 
That is correct. I noted that a few hours ago. Huge recurring revenue. 

I doubt anybody was stupid enough to remain in Valens like I was but.....

I am $300 away from breaking even on 4,000 shares of this thing.  This could be the game changer for them as they get a foothold in the US, albeit through CBD.  If the US decriminalizes pot, this gets even more interesting.  Still holding here.  
I'm in for the sole reason I didn't follow your AVO post when it was at $9, that is now at $20.25.

Anyone still in on $VSPR? Looks like today is the last day to redeem. I'm probably sticking in it as it still seems reasonably valued. I think this was a @eaganwildcats rec.
I’m not anymore but it’s a watchlist item for me. Seems like a fantastic reopening play. If it didn’t have SPAC stink all over it I bet it’d be much higher now.

Users who are viewing this thread