• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Really nice day. Almost everything I own is green. SKIN defying recent SPAC trends. :thumbup: 

Fridays have been decent lately.

Still pretty flat for the quarter in my broad based, conservative portfolio. 🤷‍♂️ Overall, in that account up a whole 0.3% with BCX leading the way, VBK and VWO have been a drag. (Since 2/16)

Edited by -OZ-

Binance is under investigation. Why isn't this a huge positive for COIN? I get there are transactions beneficial to COIN between the two, but the people at Binance aren't going to abandon crypto. I don't see how COIN doesn't benefit from this.

Nobody would be looking at an investigation into JPM and going, "Oh, hell, I need to sell all my BAC."

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Really nice day. Almost everything I own is green. SKIN defying recent SPAC trends. :thumbup: 

I’ve got a lot of stocks and it looks like 3 are just barely red. Up about 4% for the day but I don’t get a feeling this will keep moving up. Just feels like an overdone bounce followed by programs pushing it more. We’ll see. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, Capella said:

Man I’m gonna start calling you eeyore ;)

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’ve got a lot of stocks and it looks like 3 are just barely red. Up about 4% for the day but I don’t get a feeling this will keep moving up. Just feels like an overdone bounce followed by programs pushing it more. We’ll see. 

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
Just now, McBokonon said:

Sorry, I’ll take the day but you said it yourself looking at the trends. I’d feel more confident in the bounce if it felt like it was more of an the fall is overdone. Doesn’t mean I don’t like my stocks long term just thinking we aren’t out of the woods yet short term.

Just now, stbugs said:

Sorry, I’ll take the day but you said it yourself looking at the trends. I’d feel more confident in the bounce if it felt like it was more of an the fall is overdone. Doesn’t mean I don’t like my stocks long term just thinking we aren’t out of the woods yet short term.

Just having some fun.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some short covering in there, too. GDRX has something like 30% short interest and went up almost 10%. Only thing I added to was DIS and barely at that.

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Just having some fun.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some short covering in there, too. GDRX has something like 30% short interest and went up almost 10%. Only thing I added to was DIS and barely at that.

I should’ve stuck to my convictions and bought more UPST, but I have a feeling I’ll be able to buy it again in the 80s.

It was a very nice day, but it’s akin to the guy beaten the #### out of me taking a break because my face broke his hand and his buddies have to take their jackets off before continuing. I’m just hoping my friends show up soon.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I should’ve stuck to my convictions and bought more UPST, but I have a feeling I’ll be able to buy it again in the 80s.

It was a very nice day, but it’s akin to the guy beaten the #### out of me taking a break because my face broke his hand and his buddies have to take their jackets off before continuing. I’m just hoping my friends show up soon.

I know you’re up big over the past few years based off your posts here. Every year has a dip like this, we’ll just ride it out and count those stacks end of year. Who cares? It’s all good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You must be great at parties...

😋

• Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, identikit said:

You must be great at parties...

😋

Lol, I try. Color me a little skittish after the ### whoopings we’ve caught the past few weeks. Like this guy, you feel like you might have survived it only to be nailed again and again. Hopefully, yesterday was the end. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Capella said:

I know you’re up big over the past few years based off your posts here. Every year has a dip like this, we’ll just ride it out and count those stacks end of year. Who cares? It’s all good. 

It’s just a message board, typing my thoughts. Don’t worry about me. I got my big boy pants on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2021 at 2:40 PM, pmedina said:

Though slowing down, and getting a bit volatile, my all in strategy on MUDS is holding up. 

This week - up 2%
Overall since 4/14 - up 30.7%

Holding through the weekend.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend 👍

Rough week for me with Friday keeping it from being a complete disaster. Today officially marks 1 month where I moved my gambling account into MUDS. 

Down just over 20% for week, OVERALL up 8.34% for the month.  Average share price $12.67. 

Think I may have jumped in early, but the more I read the more I become confident this reaches mid-20’s by July. 

Thanks for all the education. 

Edited by pmedina
  • Thanks 1

What do you guys think about the spac CLII?  They are supposed to merge with EVgo.  I was told by 1 electric vehicle owner that blink and chargepoint stations are no good, that EVgo has the best. CHPT has a market cap of 6.5B, BLNK has a market cap of 1.25B, CLII is trading at 317M.  Now I'm not sure what percent of EVgo CLII will acquire in the merge--that would require research, something my DD strategy doesn't include--but with shares at 11 and trending towards the original 10, could this be a buying opportunity?

4 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

What do you guys think about the spac CLII?  They are supposed to merge with EVgo.  I was told by 1 electric vehicle owner that blink and chargepoint stations are no good, that EVgo has the best. CHPT has a market cap of 6.5B, BLNK has a market cap of 1.25B, CLII is trading at 317M.  Now I'm not sure what percent of EVgo CLII will acquire in the merge--that would require research, something my DD strategy doesn't include--but with shares at 11 and trending towards the original 10, could this be a buying opportunity?

You can’t use the market cap of the SPAC, like you said that cash (from when it started, not the $11 now) only bought X% of the company so the market cap is well above that.

I’ve stayed away (should have bought BEEM and sold high) from charging companies because I don’t believe in them long term. We are already at 500 miles per “fill up” with companies like QS working on next generation batteries. How far away are we from 1000 miles or more? At that point, charging at home could last you a month or more. Why would I bother paying to charge for 10 minutes at the grocery store or park? It just feels like such a short term thing unless these companies are selling better home chargers.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

You can’t use the market cap of the SPAC, like you said that cash (from when it started, not the $11 now) only bought X% of the company so the market cap is well above that.

I’ve stayed away (should have bought BEEM and sold high) from charging companies because I don’t believe in them long term. We are already at 500 miles per “fill up” with companies like QS working on next generation batteries. How far away are we from 1000 miles or more? At that point, charging at home could last you a month or more. Why would I bother paying to charge for 10 minutes at the grocery store or park? It just feels like such a short term thing unless these companies are selling better home chargers.

I agree.  90% of charging will likely happen at home and the EV car makers themselves will likely produce the chargers.  Maybe some people will charge when they are parked at restaurants, sporting events, etc. I'm potentially interested in CLII as a short term, no more than 3-6 month, type trade.  Isn't there a Biden infrastructure bill that will be finalized at some point that is supposed to contain incentives for EV?  I should probably stay away from CLII regardless.

20 hours ago, Capella said:

Never count your money while you're sitting at the table.

• Like 1

I saw a couple charging stations at a local Walgreen's recently.  They said  they were free.

I googled.

The first two hours are free.  Gives you a 40 mile charge.

Can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

3 hours ago, identikit said:

I saw a couple charging stations at a local Walgreen's recently.  They said  they were free.

I googled.

The first two hours are free.  Gives you a 40 mile charge.

Can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

Unless the Walgreens has a bar, I'm out.

I can see charging stations at restaurants, truck stops, hotels etc. But a drug store? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Caveman33 said:

I agree.  90% of charging will likely happen at home and the EV car makers themselves will likely produce the chargers.  Maybe some people will charge when they are parked at restaurants, sporting events, etc. I'm potentially interested in CLII as a short term, no more than 3-6 month, type trade.  Isn't there a Biden infrastructure bill that will be finalized at some point that is supposed to contain incentives for EV?  I should probably stay away from CLII regardless.

Do we expect the chargers to be universal or every EV has its own different connection (like apple)?

I enjoy when people laugh at a post and have no idea what they're actually laughing at. 

• Laughing 7
8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I enjoy when people laugh at a post and have no idea what they're actually laughing at. 

:lmao:

• Laughing 1
On 5/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, stbugs said:

First - you're right.

Second - when are we ever really out if the woods? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Swaymoney said:

https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/lucid-motors-public-merger-churchill-capital-corp-iv/

From the release: "The transaction includes an approximately $2.1 billion cash contribution by CCIV and a $2.5 billion, fully committed PIPE with an investor lock-up provision that binds holders well beyond closing. The PIPE is priced at $15.00 per share (a 50% premium to CCIV’s net asset value) with an implied pro forma equity value of $24 billion."

"CCIV and Lucid are combining at a transaction equity value of $11.75 billion. The transaction values Lucid at an initial pro-forma equity value of approximately $24 billion at the PIPE offer price of $15.00 per share and will provide Lucid with approximately $4.4 billion in cash (assuming no existing CCIV shares are redeemed for cash at closing)."  

Does this value Lucid at $24B or $11.75B?  Private investors got shares at $15 and it's now fallen as low as $17.5.  $15 could provide a floor, but is Lucid really worth $11B, let alone $24B?  I think they have produced 500 cars, likely at a massive loss, and they think they can produce 7,000 more in 2021.  Tesla may prove to be a unicorn but is there space for another?  Ford has a market cap of 47B and P/E of 11.9.  

Edited by Caveman33
15 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Do we expect the chargers to be universal or every EV has its own different connection (like apple)?

Good question.  I expect universal at first but maybe some companies will follow Apple's example and personalize to prohibit competition.  Those companies are #####.  As consumers we should not support them.

20 hours ago, stbugs said:

22 million apartments in the US, maybe another 6 million condos.  If half our fleet is electric in 10 years, then pretty much every apartment complex is going to have to have stacks of these charging stations.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

22 million apartments in the US, maybe another 6 million condos.  If half our fleet is electric in 10 years, then pretty much every apartment complex is going to have to have stacks of these charging stations.

Bam, way to see the value. It's funny how sometimes the view can get narrowed based on one's specific perspective/circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

Bam, way to see the value. It's funny how sometimes the view can get narrowed based on one's specific perspective/circumstances. 

I think you guys both missed my last statement about making chargers to sell. I believe these SPACs aren’t selling equipment, they are networks meant for recurring revenue kind of like Tesla’s super chargers. I know there will be a ton of equipment although you will probably get whatever you need when you buy the car.

You can buy EV chargers on Amazon right now. If I’m an apartment building, won’t I be able to just install some stations or just have outlets and the tenants bring their charger with the car.

I still stand by my statement that I don’t believe in the charging networks business plan. I think batteries keep getting better and car manufacturers start building everything you need into the car so they become true plug ins. Heck, batteries improve enough maybe a simple current outlet is more than enough for a quick charge.

Here’s a Friday article on charging stocks: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-electric-vehicle-charging-stocks-150416098.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

It’ll be interesting to see if all the we’ll go from $20-$40M in revenue to $600-800M in revenue within 4-5 years happens for all of them.

Remember that I am very much talking about a long term investment. I just don’t believe that they can withstand drastic EV improvements that make it such that apartment supers just need to have outlets available for the once a month charge that their residents need.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think you guys both missed my last statement about making chargers to sell. I believe these SPACs aren’t selling equipment, they are networks meant for recurring revenue kind of like Tesla’s super chargers. I know there will be a ton of equipment although you will probably get whatever you need when you buy the car.

You can buy EV chargers on Amazon right now. If I’m an apartment building, won’t I be able to just install some stations or just have outlets and the tenants bring their charger with the car.

I still stand by my statement that I don’t believe in the charging networks business plan. I think batteries keep getting better and car manufacturers start building everything you need into the car so they become true plug ins. Heck, batteries improve enough maybe a simple current outlet is more than enough for a quick charge.

Here’s a Friday article on charging stocks: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-electric-vehicle-charging-stocks-150416098.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

It’ll be interesting to see if all the we’ll go from $20-$40M in revenue to $600-800M in revenue within 4-5 years happens for all of them.

Remember that I am very much talking about a long term investment. I just don’t believe that they can withstand drastic EV improvements that make it such that apartment supers just need to have outlets available for the once a month charge that their residents need.

Gotcha, guess time will tell. Makes sense though. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Will be interesting. They outsource trash pick pick and landscaping and landlords/apartment owners are often more about the short term numbers. I can easily see them giving the space and most of the revenue to one of these companies to get their network in place. 

another thing you are discounting is the inherent need to always have a full charge. Look at our recent gas situation to under the psychological brain of most people

eta: At some point the performance out weighs the battery capacity. Not many people have 60 gallon tanks on their pickup.

eta further:  although I agree with you that the space is overpriced for the number of companies and isn’t a space I want to be in right now

Edited by BassNBrew
22 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Will be interesting. They outsource trash pick pick and landscaping and landlords/apartment owners are often more about the short term numbers. I can easily see them giving the space and most of the revenue to one of these companies to get their network in place. 

another thing you are discounting is the inherent need to always have a full charge. Look at our recent gas situation to under the psychological brain of most people

eta: At some point the performance out weighs the battery capacity. Not many people have 60 gallon tanks on their pickup.

eta further:  although I agree with you that the space is overpriced for the number of companies and isn’t a space I want to be in right now

It will be interesting, although it sure seems like the recent gas situation highlights how EVs will be much better in that regard and how people will likely fill up at "home" to avoid having issues. I mean if the power goes out, the EV charging stations at the local Wendy's aren't going to have power either. I also think that if I had 1000 mile range, I am not freaking out like the idiots this past week if I'm at half and "only" have 500 miles left, especially when I've got no pipeline to worry about for my power.

Most people don't have 60 gallon pickups, but imagine a world where every car and truck has the equivalent of a 50-60 gallon gas tank. The average person will have to "fill up" once a month in several years. If Tesla doubles their battery capacity from today, there is no performance vs. battery capacity argument. In 2025, you may be able to buy the base 1000 mile Model S or the extended 2000 mile Model Se.

I could be wrong and there could be a short term play, but I definitely feel like battery tech and manufacturers will continue to improve to the point that charging will be done with simple outlets and done once a month on average.

Posted (edited)

Holy taxes Batman. Looks like I won’t be buying much anytime soon unless I want to crack open that dangerous margin door (not likely!). Need to keep a nice cash cushion.

Can’t tell you how much I despise taxes at this point but CYDY (short term gains suck balls) and ZM were my major taxable sales and they were smart moves. I’ll just keep telling myself that my ZM gains paid for all the taxes, woo hoo!

I hope the IRS is so backed up so they can’t deposit my check for a year.

Edited by stbugs
8 hours ago, Sand said:

Monday incoming.

:scared:

There’s still time but I’m happy with just about flat. Amazing how your attitude changes after the past few weeks, just don’t go down baby!

On 5/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, McBokonon said:

ABNB has a lockup expiration on Monday - best time to buy might be after that.

Could start nibbling today if you don’t have a position yet. I think I’m waiting this out a day or two before adding.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s still time but I’m happy with just about flat. 

Patience, paduan...