Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

32 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Last call on the meme rocket ship. Blue Horseshoe says the adventure begins on May 21st.

:popcorn: cheering for you from the sidelines.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Capella said:

I’m too old to remember this stuff lol 

C’mon, I think I’m a little older than you and I still remember that Blue Horseshoe loves Endicott Steel.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

C’mon, I think I’m a little older than you and I still remember that Blue Horseshoe loves Endicott Steel.

:shrug: don’t remember movie quotes like that. Could tell you every player on the 86 Mets or 02 Bucs though. 

Edited by Capella

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

:shrug: don’t remember movie quotes like that. Could tell you every player. The 86 Mets or 02 Bucs though. 

Mookie and Billy made for a fun WS. I was a Mike Scott and Nolan Ryan fan so pissed they lost to the Mets. I learned how to throw a split finger fastball with a rag ball because of Scott.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Capella said:
1 hour ago, David Dodds said:

Last call on the meme rocket ship. Blue Horseshoe says the adventure begins on May 21st.

Ugh I don’t know if I want to again. Who is blue horseshoe

Isn't that the dude that got kidnapped trying to sell an iPod or something? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Mookie and Billy made for a fun WS. I was a Mike Scott and Nolan Ryan fan so pissed they lost to the Mets. I learned how to throw a split finger fastball with a rag ball because of Scott.

Hated Mike Scott so much. Holy crap was he dominant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Every time I think I’m out they pull me back in!!*

*says the guy who got crushed on both of these before.  

Well I don't know about the meme rocketship but in the past week I've seen new articles in the New York Times and Barrons just to name a couple of good sources, talking about using pyschadelic drugs for ptsd and depression.

The tide is definitely turning on this. 

I never thought I'd see the day when MDMA is getting a lot of credibility as a therapeutic but it's actually happening.

6 hours ago, dkp993 said:

For sure.  I’m confidently long but the short term still makes no sense.  Why the big money hasn’t gotten behind this yet is baffling.  

That was quite the wall of resistance at 20 bucks even. Was pretty interesting to watch. 

12 hours ago, Todem said:

Of course my favorite ### clown Jim Kramer needs to really ham it up and be a man for the people (he is so full of #### it makes my stomach turn watching his antics) and chastise the move and pound the table and say “why don’t you come out and say we made a mistake and have to cut the didvidend” Look moron.....the stock is going down...the shareholders are speaking who want out.

Great post and I like this part the most. Painful to watch his shtick next to Faber trying to talk the details of deals.

I understand some T shareholders being butthurt on this one. I only bought in last summer and I see this as a positive sign the new CEO has a better idea about how to allocate capital than Stephenson's bad deals.  He had messed up with these acquisitions. 

I saw a very high yield that was likely to be cut down the line and thought even a year of it was a good bet with all of the uncertainty last summer.  Probably end up getting two years by the time it closes.  Do need to think about how much concentration I want in streaming and communications.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Are we going QAnon in here?

It's 3/18. No it's 4/20. 5/21. Definitely 5/21.

Well,  believe it or not, even I have a few shares, gods help me. Very few. I bought o. Some dipsand sold on some pops. So...

Letsgo!!!!

• Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, identikit said:

Buckle up, kids...

I guess that dip I was thinking about is on its way and the “stability” I thought about was quickly defeated. Man, this is some seriously volatile ####.

All I know is that I have no clue.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I guess that dip I was thinking about is on its way and the “stability” I thought about was quickly defeated. Man, this is some seriously volatile ####.

All I know is that I have no clue.

Know thyself. Someone wise once said that. Keep referring back to todem’s principles: patience, buy good names at good prices, use a long term time horizon, sell covered calls on names that get frothy.

Or listen to the unwashed and uneducated like me who says that today is s good day to buy into crypto. ETHE for me, maybe GBTC. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Know thyself. Someone wise once said that. Keep referring back to todem’s principles: patience, buy good names at good prices, use a long term time horizon, sell covered calls on names that get frothy.

Or listen to the unwashed and uneducated like me who says that today is s good day to buy into crypto. ETHE for me, maybe GBTC. 

No worries. I’ve been holding off buying for a while outside of UPST (still should have added more to replace other things). I’m good for long term, just amazing how volatile it’s been. I’m not so sure about crypto right now.

Edited by stbugs

7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Well,  believe it or not, even I have a few shares, gods help me. Very few. I bought o. Some dipsand sold on some pops. So...

Letsgo!!!!

My link

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Hold me?

On the plus side, my 401K will make its bi-weekly mutual fund purchase based on today’s closing prices. So, I have that going for me, which is nice.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

On the plus side, my 401K will make its bi-weekly mutual fund purchase based on today’s closing prices. So, I have that going for me, which is nice.

:goodposting:    Remember all, looking out 10,15,20+ years, downturns are great buying opportunities. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Lol. Enjoy the extra $40, just don’t look at anything else on your apps, focus only on the activity history for today.

My last one went in after that great pop on Friday, woot!

12 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

:goodposting:    Remember all, looking out 10,15,20+ years, downturns are great buying opportunities. 

I feel like we've entered a new frontier.  Between the QE and our mounting debt, it will be interesting to see how the next 20-30 years play out.

4 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I said that last March and I think I got one good contribution in before it jumped but looking back, the 401ks really have had a great year. Honestly, I kind of wish it had dragged on a bit longer to keep buying low.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I said that last March and I think I got one good contribution in before it jumped but looking back, the 401ks really have had a great year. Honestly, I kind of wish it had dragged on a bit longer to keep buying low.

I wish it would crash by 90% every other month and bounce back.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

I feel like we've entered a new frontier.  Between the QE and our mounting debt, it will be interesting to see how the next 20-30 years play out.

Look at the last 20-30 years for your answer. 

ETA

To steal a quote from MIB  "There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet"

The stock market is the same way.

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Maybe not that. :) 

In the grand scheme of things, I wouldn’t be all that opposed to a flattish period like the prior couple decades where you had a big crash and a recovery/flat for a while then another big run. Just gotta remember to pull the rip cord at the right time after the next run up and enjoy living life in retirement.

5 minutes ago, beef said:

SoFi having another solid day.  Especially considering everything else is red.

Honestly, compared to my last bad days, this one isn’t that bad. I’m more or less in line with the market and usually on down days I’m way down and on up days way up. SoFi and TTCF keeping on.

2 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Look at the last 20-30 years for your answer. 

But the QE started in 2008 and it takes time to feel the full effect.  The Fed appears to be in a tight position trying to balance inflation and their ability to service the debt.  My POV is that our current situation is no longer comparable to the past.

Just now, stbugs said:

Honestly, compared to my last bad days, this one isn’t that bad. I’m more or less in line with the market and usually on down days I’m way down and on up days way up. SoFi and TTCF keeping on.

The SPACS are actually pretty strong today.  

So glad I got out of the pretend money mining business.  Just wish I'd dumped all the pretend money on the last run up.  

8 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Letsgo!!!!

I can't predict the future, but some of us saw this market selloff coming today with all of the SEC, DTCC, OCC, and ICC regulation changes being approved. If my due diligence is correct, this market correction will trigger some margin calls and these new rules will force liquidations of hedge funds that were flying too close to the sun with extended short positions against GME. I suspect that day is going to be Friday for a host of reasons, but I am hodling for as long as it takes.

by 6/9, we will all know how many votes were cast. That will be the first real number and how oversold this company is. I again suspect the synthetic shares to be a mind-numbing number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Back in on my Tesla bull####

In the latest 13F filings, Michael Burry's fund has a $500M PUT against TESLA. The biggest player against GME has been Citadel and their allies. If some of these allies fall, TESLA will fall as Citadel is long on Tesla.

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Man you have balls of stone.  Hard to play this game when Musk is gambling with crypto.

Typically it pops sometime on Friday or later in the week. I’ll only have it till then. 

1 minute ago, David Dodds said:

In the latest 13F filings, Michael Burry's fund has a $500M PUT against TESLA. The biggest player against GME has been Citadel and their allies. If some of these allies fall, TESLA will fall as Citadel is long on Tesla.

I’ll be long gone before then (most likely). Just trading it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Spoken like a true day trader. Problem his suicide rates would quadruple....LOL.

• Thanks 1