Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

15 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Well against my own advice I shorted 35 shares of AMC for fun.  What could go wrong?

Damn, no way I’d ever short a stock that has this kind of volume. It’s amazing. I mean fundamentally, it couldn’t be a worse stock to own but that doesn’t matter. This is pure tulip now. It has 0 to do with short squeezing. Doesn’t mean shorts aren’t losing money but there is so much more volume available that shares short so it’s easy to cover. Just means that this is pure market manipulation at it’s finest. People are setting higher and higher asks and more people are filling in right behind them. When does it fall is the question? I’d think at this point it’s so risky for another Mudrick. They flipped instantly but they knew premarket was way up. Do other hedge funds have the cahones to do more flips or can AMC only do public offerings? About $1B in cash now and free cash flow of -$1.3B over the last year and that doesn’t include all of the new debt payments, which I thought I read were now $2B a year.

8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I'm sure they're inconsolable. 

Yep. They were literally handed $50M for no work. Hey, if you give us $230M in cash here at the table, we’ll give you a token redeemable for $280M at the cashier when you walk out. I don’t question it, just walk to the door and profit.

$50M for zero risk. Hold it a day when you feel it’s way overvalued just in case people keep bidding it up, nah.

This is near me. It's insane the amount of land they purchased for this.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) (2330.TW), is planning to build several more chipmaking factories in the U.S. state of Arizona beyond the one currently planned, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

TSMC, the world's largest contract chipmaker, announced in May 2020 it would build a $12 billion factory in Arizona, an apparent win by the Trump administration in its push to wrestle global tech supply chains back from China.

TSMC is setting up a 12-inch wafer fabrication plant in Phoenix, and the facility is expected to start volume production in 2024, Taiwan's investment commission of the ministry of economic affairs, which approved the investment, said in December.

TSMC manufactures the bulk of its chips in Taiwan and has older chip facilities in China and the U.S. state of Washington.

Three sources familiar with the matter, speaking on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to speak to the media, told Reuters that up to five additional fabs for Arizona are being planned.

The initial fab is relatively modest by industry standards, with a planned output of 20,000 wafers - each of which contains thousands of chips - every month using the company's most sophisticated 5 nanometre semiconductor manufacturing technology.

It is not clear how much additional production capacity and investment the additional fabs might represent, and which chip manufacturing technology they would use.

TSMC last month said it planned to invest $100 billion over the next three years to increase production capacity, though it did not give details. read more

One person with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters the expansion was in response to a request from the U.S., but declined to provide further details.

"The United States requested it. Internally TSMC is planning to build up to six fabs," the person said, adding that it was not possible to give a timeframe.

The Biden administration is preparing to spend tens of billions of dollars to support domestic chip manufacturing. Under existing legislation, foreign firms are eligible for those funds, but whether they will ultimately receive it is an open question.

A second person familiar with the plans said the company had already made sure there was enough space for expansion when they obtained the land for the first plant.

"It's so they can build six fabs," the source said.

The third person, from a TSMC supplier involved in the Arizona project, said TSMC had told them the plan was to build a total of six fabs over the next three years.

Reuters was not able to independently confirm the timeframe.

TSMC referred to comments by CEO C.C. Wei on an earnings call last month, saying the company was starting chip production in Arizona in 2024 with a 20,000 wafer per month 5-nanometer technology.

"But in fact, we have acquired a large piece of land in Arizona to provide flexibility. So further expansion is possible, but we will ramp up to Phase 1 first, then based on the operation efficiency and cost economics and also the customers' demand, to decide what the next steps we are going to do." Asked whether the planned expansion was because of a request from the United States, TSMC said it was "not sure" what was meant by "requests" coming from the U.S. side and that it will decide next steps based on operational efficiency, cost economics and customer demand.

"Once there is any official decision, we will disclose it accordingly."

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This is near me. It's insane the amount of land they purchased for this.

This

The area outlined in purple, from I-17 to Lake Pleasant Rd and from Loop-303 to SR-74 (Carefree Highway). I'd estimate it about 15 Sq Miles.

"Up to 6 factories on the site." 

Clearly TSM is in expansion mode. It's not going to come quickly enough for this chip shortage, but they think they're going to be selling a hell of a lot more chips in 3 years.

Posted (edited)

AMC is gamma squeezing right now and the HFT algos can't combat the diamond hands of the apes. I love when retail wins against a bunch of jerks trying to crush the movie chain during a pandemic. And after the apes get their gains, I expect a bunch will migrate to the MOASS of GME that is also very close.

The greatest transfer of wealth is currently underway. What side of history do you want to be on?

A motivational video (Buyin' the Dip) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeEXrR84XE

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, David Dodds said:

AMC is gamma squeezing right now and the HFT algos can't combat the diamond hands of the apes. I love when retail wins against a bunch of jerks trying to crush the movie chain during a pandemic. And after they get their gains, I expect a bunch will migrate to the MOASS of GME that is also very close.

The greatest transfer of wealth is currently underway. What side of history do you want to be on?

lol

AMC lost $150M in 2019, with $673M in Current Assets on hand against $2B in Current Liabilities. They did just fine crushing themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This

The area outlined in purple, from I-17 to Lake Pleasant Rd and from Loop-303 to SR-74 (Carefree Highway). I'd estimate it about 15 Sq Miles.

"Up to 6 factories on the site." 

Clearly TSM is in expansion mode. It's not going to come quickly enough for this chip shortage, but they think they're going to be selling a hell of a lot more chips in 3 years.

Investable at this price you think?

8 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

AMC is gamma squeezing right now and the HFT algos can't combat the diamond hands of the apes. I love when retail wins against a bunch of jerks trying to crush the movie chain during a pandemic. And after the apes get their gains, I expect a bunch will migrate to the MOASS of GME that is also very close.

A motivational video (Buyin' the Dip) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeEXrR84XE

The sidelines. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 4

12 minutes ago, nysfl2 said:

So a company that is having serious cash flow issues is putting out an offer that will reduce their cash flow in order to artificially push the stock price up? 

Can't see any red flags there.

Yeah and the popcorn is more expensive than theit stock price - that will make their cash position even worse

-QG

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

lol

AMC lost $150M in 2019, with $673M in Current Assets on hand against $2B in Current Liabilities. They did just fine crushing themselves.

I am good with letting companies die on their own. But when hedge funds got cheap money offered to banks because of a pandemic, and they used that money with massive leverage to try and force these businesses under...well, let's say I find this retail push back extremely gratifying.  It's Toys R Us all over again.

I hope AMC goes to the moon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I am good with letting companies die on their own. But when hedge funds got cheap money offered to banks because of a pandemic, and they used that money with massive leverage to try and force these businesses under...well, let's say I find this retail push back extremely gratifying.  It's Toys R Us all over again.

This isn’t the moon?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, identikit said:

Investable at this price you think?

The best at what they do in a business where TAM is only going to keep growing for the foreseeable future? That's the kind of business I want to own for the next 5-10 years. Over the course of that timeframe, I think it's highly likely people look in their rearviewmirrors at sub-$120 and say, "Damn. I wish."

Within this year, however, it's entirely possible this sees $105-$110 again at some point. You have to weigh how comfortable you are personally with the prospect that it drops 10-15%. I can't answer that. 

From a risk perspective, though, the two biggest risks with this company are market risks and political risks imo. They're nothing to do with the company or the business itself. They're going to sell every chip they can produce. But China also isn't going to just leave Taiwan alone. What does that ultimately mean? The political/macro thing isn't my wheelhouse. Don't know what thoughts others might have.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I don't disagree with you. I just think the narrative's a little forced.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't disagree with you. I just think the narrative's a little forced.

Shorts had ample time to cover in January. But they opted to halt buying and rig the game some more as they moved even more chips in against AMC and GME. The shorts deserve this push back from retail. I am loving every inch of this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is what margin calls look like. MOASS is here.

Get on the right side of history.

Shorts can suffer infinite losses.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

This is what margin calls look like. MOASS is here.

Get on the right side of history.

Shorts can suffer infinite losses.

You think people should be buying at this price? I’m 100% for this but these prices are suicide. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

You think people should be buying at this price? I’m 100% for this but these prices are suicide. 

This has always been about GME. It is not overpriced.

12 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

This has always been about GME. It is not overpriced.

In!*

*for 2 shares. :lol:  FOMO is a #####.  Also for the record I have played this completely wrong.  Originally bought 20 shares for 252.  Lost my ### and sold all at 150.  Now bought more at 270.  I suck at this apparently.  

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

In!*

*for 2 shares. :lol:  FOMO is a #####.  Also for the record I have played this completely wrong.  Originally bought 20 shares for 252.  Lost my ### and sold all at 150.  Now bought more at 270.  I suck at this apparently.  

just HOLD. We got this.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chaz McNulty said:

If I had GME shorted, I would take my lumps and get out.  After watching AMC these past couple days, there's a real possibility that all those retail sellers move to GME next.

From your lips to my bank account :lol: 

Congrats to those in AMC. :jawdrop:

Just to think, I was "so close" to buying a few hundred shares late last week :shrug:

I asked for AMC to run before GME a few pages back... and well.. HOLY SHNIKES BATMAN - I have trimmed position and taken profits on AMC so I am free riding it right now. Where do we think the realistic top of AMC is? 250? 300? 

@David Dodds  a while ago you thought GME would go to 800 - 1000 - still feel that way or you think 1500 is not out of the question? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

If I had GME shorted, I would take my lumps and get out.  After watching AMC these past couple days, there's a real possibility that all those retail sellers move to GME next.

This is definitely going to happen.

• Like 1

MUDS earnings

The Topps Company, Inc. (“Topps” or “the Company”), a global leader in sports and entertainment collectibles and confections, announced today that total net sales for the first quarter ended April 3, 2021 increased 55% over the same period a year ago to approximately $166.6 million.

“We are very pleased with the strength exhibited by our business during the first quarter,” said Michael Brandstaedter, Chief Executive Officer of The Topps Company. “The strong momentum we experienced last year has continued in 2021, and we are excited about our growth opportunities over the near and long term.”

In addition, Major League Baseball (MLB) and Topps today reaffirmed that their licensing relationship, under which Topps offers a variety of MLB physical and digital products, is unchanged and will continue to include Topps Major League Baseball NFT (non-fungible token) trading card products.

“Topps is one of our oldest and most important MLB licensees and we look forward to continuing to work with them to bring new MLB-licensed trading card products in physical, digital and NFT forms to market,” said Noah Garden, Chief Revenue Officer of Major League Baseball. “We were very excited by Topps’ first MLB NFT launch -- 2021 Topps Series 1 – and we look forward to additional successful launches in the future.”

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I don’t think I would want to be short on anything right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1