What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

MUDS earnings

The Topps Company, Inc. (“Topps” or “the Company”), a global leader in sports and entertainment collectibles and confections, announced today that total net sales for the first quarter ended April 3, 2021 increased 55% over the same period a year ago to approximately $166.6 million.

“We are very pleased with the strength exhibited by our business during the first quarter,” said Michael Brandstaedter, Chief Executive Officer of The Topps Company. “The strong momentum we experienced last year has continued in 2021, and we are excited about our growth opportunities over the near and long term.”

In addition, Major League Baseball (MLB) and Topps today reaffirmed that their licensing relationship, under which Topps offers a variety of MLB physical and digital products, is unchanged and will continue to include Topps Major League Baseball NFT (non-fungible token) trading card products.

“Topps is one of our oldest and most important MLB licensees and we look forward to continuing to work with them to bring new MLB-licensed trading card products in physical, digital and NFT forms to market,” said Noah Garden, Chief Revenue Officer of Major League Baseball. “We were very excited by Topps’ first MLB NFT launch -- 2021 Topps Series 1 – and we look forward to additional successful launches in the future.”

The best at what they do in a business where TAM is only going to keep growing for the foreseeable future? That's the kind of business I want to own for the next 5-10 years. Over the course of that timeframe, I think it's highly likely people look in their rearviewmirrors at sub-$120 and say, "Damn. I wish."

Within this year, however, it's entirely possible this sees $105-$110 again at some point. You have to weigh how comfortable you are personally with the prospect that it drops 10-15%. I can't answer that. 

From a risk perspective, though, the two biggest risks with this company are market risks and political risks imo. They're nothing to do with the company or the business itself. They're going to sell every chip they can produce. But China also isn't going to just leave Taiwan alone. What does that ultimately mean? The political/macro thing isn't my wheelhouse. Don't know what thoughts others might have.
Agreed. I only have 100 shares but got in around mid to high $80s and I won’t sell any for a while. Seems like a real nice stable play and honestly, pretty damn safe. Chips are going to be everywhere and when they aren’t needed it’s because of an alien invasion or some other world apocalypse. I probably should have added more but I don’t think when I bought there was as much talk about chip shortages.

I asked for AMC to run before GME a few pages back... and well.. HOLY SHNIKES BATMAN - I have trimmed position and taken profits on AMC so I am free riding it right now. Where do we think the realistic top of AMC is? 250? 300? 

@David Dodds  a while ago you thought GME would go to 800 - 1000 - still feel that way or you think 1500 is not out of the question? 
I think GME tops 1,000. It might fly way past that. IMO, It has the most potential in that only 70 million shares are suppose to exist and they have been busy turning around a failing franchise. GME's annual meeting is 6/9 and we should get a vote count then to get an idea to the number of synthetic shares.

Opened a trading position in FUBO. Either going to work out wonderfully or get my face blown off, I think.
At least it’s coming back for me. It’s one of some stocks I bought before they dove. Some have already come back and FUBO and SKLZ having good days. 

I don’t think I would want to be short on anything right now. 
Yeah, crazy. I’m not risk averse but the prospect of losing way more than you invested is a reason why I’d never short. I’d rather hunt for a good stock.

The funny part is that the short squeeze is small potatoes. 600 million shares of AMC have traded today. Probably 800 by the end of the day. Well, there’s only about 80-90 million shares short, if that since you’d think more people covered than opened the last few days. There is no shortage of shares at all. It’s just pure volume. Buyers willing to buy at any market price. I mean the market cap is ludicrous. It’s worth 10x what it was pre-pandemic at its peak cash flow and revenue. Those revenue days might be gone and the debt is way higher now but it’s worth 10x what it was. It’s truly a grown up, real money game of hot potato. It’s fun to watch but it’s not close to over.

Yeah, crazy. I’m not risk averse but the prospect of losing way more than you invested is a reason why I’d never short. I’d rather hunt for a good stock.

The funny part is that the short squeeze is small potatoes. 600 million shares of AMC have traded today. Probably 800 by the end of the day. Well, there’s only about 80-90 million shares short, if that since you’d think more people covered than opened the last few days. There is no shortage of shares at all. It’s just pure volume. Buyers willing to buy at any market price. I mean the market cap is ludicrous. It’s worth 10x what it was pre-pandemic at its peak cash flow and revenue. Those revenue days might be gone and the debt is way higher now but it’s worth 10x what it was. It’s truly a grown up, real money game of hot potato. It’s fun to watch but it’s not close to over.
You know nothing. SYNTHETICS!!

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Maybe it’s just me but any stock I own or track that seems like it could be a short target is jumping today, not quite AMC but still nice. I wonder if people are just bailing on their short positions realizing they don’t want to risk it right now.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Maybe it’s just me but any stock I own or track that seems like it could be a short target is jumping today, not quite AMC but still nice. I wonder if people are just bailing on their short positions realizing they don’t want to risk it right now.
I mentioned the short interest in $GDRX a while back and it’s been going up in chunks for me for a week. Hopefully $DMTK starts seeing some of this. $FLGT, too.

You know nothing. SYNTHETICS!!
No need for synthetics LOL when the company quadruples the share count in the past year. That’s why AMC is so different than GME’s run up. I don’t believe in either company but there really is no short squeeze net for people going long on AMC. With 500M shares outstanding and likely a #### ton more as AMC tries to survive their debt mountain, there is no share shortage to cover. When AMC drops, it’ll drop hard.

Not just you. Sofi, DNMR, FUBO, and BYND all having strong days. LMND, APPN, and FLGT too. All of these names have some manner of large short interest and many squeezed a bit in Dec/Jan

Tell me what your hopes and dreams are for PLGNF....
Yeah, that's a real kick to the ween....I sell the stocks that have killed it and am long 20K shares of this stupid thing.  But yeah, I am viewing this as a lottery ticket and think we're close to getting some sort of an announcement that catapults this stock higher.  The product is great and management is top shelf, but as the old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" 

In full disclosure, this is a huge position for our firm and the two PMs bird-dogging this thing have diamond hands here and while it's not so bad losing your own money, losing OTHER people's money is teh absolute suck and we're not paid to do that, so......better be right here or we'll start getting redemption notices from partners looking around the landscape and asking themselves "what am doing with these clowns when I can just follow Reddit stonks and blast to the moon?".  

I will absolutely stay transparent on this name - if I sell or if we sell, I'll make sure this thread is updated accordingly.   

The stock market is a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient. W. BUFFET
Buffett also doesn't invest in companies he doesn't understand and I'll be the first to admit I don't get the allure to GME or AMC and for those reasons (and reasons that included losing my initial investment so fair assessment to call me impatient) I closed out the positions.  Hope the rest of you make a killing!!!!

Yeah, that's a real kick to the ween....I sell the stocks that have killed it and am long 20K shares of this stupid thing.  But yeah, I am viewing this as a lottery ticket and think we're close to getting some sort of an announcement that catapults this stock higher.  The product is great and management is top shelf, but as the old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" 

In full disclosure, this is a huge position for our firm and the two PMs bird-dogging this thing have diamond hands here and while it's not so bad losing your own money, losing OTHER people's money is teh absolute suck and we're not paid to do that, so......better be right here or we'll start getting redemption notices from partners looking around the landscape and asking themselves "what am doing with these clowns when I can just follow Reddit stonks and blast to the moon?".  

I will absolutely stay transparent on this name - if I sell or if we sell, I'll make sure this thread is updated accordingly.   
I have 4900 shares and about 21% in the red.

Willing to hang longer,

Truly appreciate your insight.

Wonder how much juice is left to squeeze out of my very profitable XLE trade. Anyone else in some of the bigger energy names have an opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
After hours suggests yes
I should have bought far OTM calls when I first went short.  There are probably still smart moves that I could and should make.  I figure if I do nothing, my account can survive until about $200-$250.  If I go down, well at least I went out fighting..for the hedge funds?..wait a second

wow- hope that is true what @Steeler figured out about @GROOT but 12k shares @ 4.88 is 58,560

12k shares x 70 share is a mere 840k  - ie - a medium sized FBG return 6 mos later................ 

per CNBC - 200M in options betting AMC hitts 81 by end of week ( 73 strike price + $8 to buy it) 

Tech on a roll.  I'm thinking hard about trimming.  Have to imagine the pending AMC crash will crush the market like the GME plummet did.

Tech on a roll.  I'm thinking hard about trimming.  Have to imagine the pending AMC crash will crush the market like the GME plummet did.
Is it guaranteed AMC will crash?  The crypto market is over 1 trillion.  GME is being supported at a market cap of 10-20 billion.  AMC is currently at 28 billion.  I'm sure there will be volatility ahead but maybe AMC will find support at a market cap of 10-30 billion.  After all, crypto trades for over 1 trillion and what utility do any of those coins actually have?

Is it guaranteed AMC will crash?  The crypto market is over 1 trillion.  GME is being supported at a market cap of 10-20 billion.  AMC is currently at 28 billion.  I'm sure there will be volatility ahead but maybe AMC will find support at a market cap of 10-30 billion.  After all, crypto trades for over 1 trillion and what utility do any of those coins actually have?
Now you're starting to think like an ape. 

Hey fellas, long time no talk.

I'm starting a business which has dominated my time.  Still trading...below are my non-retirement holdings.

ABNB

IPOE/SOFI call options  :moneybag:

MAR call Options :sadbanana:

SI

ETH :moneybag:

BTC :moneybag:

I'm pretty heavy cash/crypto right now.  I plan on making a rotation into equities eventually, just not sure when or what...I don't see a ton of value out there.

P.S.  in one of my retirement accounts I had an epic 700% run on etherium classic...damn near timed it perfect.   Best part is that I can't get taxed on it.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread