Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The best at what they do in a business where TAM is only going to keep growing for the foreseeable future? That's the kind of business I want to own for the next 5-10 years. Over the course of that timeframe, I think it's highly likely people look in their rearviewmirrors at sub-$120 and say, "Damn. I wish."

Within this year, however, it's entirely possible this sees $105-$110 again at some point. You have to weigh how comfortable you are personally with the prospect that it drops 10-15%. I can't answer that. 

From a risk perspective, though, the two biggest risks with this company are market risks and political risks imo. They're nothing to do with the company or the business itself. They're going to sell every chip they can produce. But China also isn't going to just leave Taiwan alone. What does that ultimately mean? The political/macro thing isn't my wheelhouse. Don't know what thoughts others might have.

Agreed. I only have 100 shares but got in around mid to high $80s and I won’t sell any for a while. Seems like a real nice stable play and honestly, pretty damn safe. Chips are going to be everywhere and when they aren’t needed it’s because of an alien invasion or some other world apocalypse. I probably should have added more but I don’t think when I bought there was as much talk about chip shortages.

11 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

I asked for AMC to run before GME a few pages back... and well.. HOLY SHNIKES BATMAN - I have trimmed position and taken profits on AMC so I am free riding it right now. Where do we think the realistic top of AMC is? 250? 300? 

@David Dodds  a while ago you thought GME would go to 800 - 1000 - still feel that way or you think 1500 is not out of the question? 

I think GME tops 1,000. It might fly way past that. IMO, It has the most potential in that only 70 million shares are suppose to exist and they have been busy turning around a failing franchise. GME's annual meeting is 6/9 and we should get a vote count then to get an idea to the number of synthetic shares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, caustic said:

Opened a trading position in FUBO. Either going to work out wonderfully or get my face blown off, I think.

At least it’s coming back for me. It’s one of some stocks I bought before they dove. Some have already come back and FUBO and SKLZ having good days. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Capella said:

I don’t think I would want to be short on anything right now. 

Yeah, crazy. I’m not risk averse but the prospect of losing way more than you invested is a reason why I’d never short. I’d rather hunt for a good stock.

The funny part is that the short squeeze is small potatoes. 600 million shares of AMC have traded today. Probably 800 by the end of the day. Well, there’s only about 80-90 million shares short, if that since you’d think more people covered than opened the last few days. There is no shortage of shares at all. It’s just pure volume. Buyers willing to buy at any market price. I mean the market cap is ludicrous. It’s worth 10x what it was pre-pandemic at its peak cash flow and revenue. Those revenue days might be gone and the debt is way higher now but it’s worth 10x what it was. It’s truly a grown up, real money game of hot potato. It’s fun to watch but it’s not close to over.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, crazy. I’m not risk averse but the prospect of losing way more than you invested is a reason why I’d never short. I’d rather hunt for a good stock.

The funny part is that the short squeeze is small potatoes. 600 million shares of AMC have traded today. Probably 800 by the end of the day. Well, there’s only about 80-90 million shares short, if that since you’d think more people covered than opened the last few days. There is no shortage of shares at all. It’s just pure volume. Buyers willing to buy at any market price. I mean the market cap is ludicrous. It’s worth 10x what it was pre-pandemic at its peak cash flow and revenue. Those revenue days might be gone and the debt is way higher now but it’s worth 10x what it was. It’s truly a grown up, real money game of hot potato. It’s fun to watch but it’s not close to over.

You know nothing. SYNTHETICS!!

• Laughing 1

Maybe it’s just me but any stock I own or track that seems like it could be a short target is jumping today, not quite AMC but still nice. I wonder if people are just bailing on their short positions realizing they don’t want to risk it right now.

• Like 1

Just now, stbugs said:

Maybe it’s just me but any stock I own or track that seems like it could be a short target is jumping today, not quite AMC but still nice. I wonder if people are just bailing on their short positions realizing they don’t want to risk it right now.

I mentioned the short interest in $GDRX a while back and it’s been going up in chunks for me for a week. Hopefully $DMTK starts seeing some of this. $FLGT, too.

16 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You know nothing. SYNTHETICS!!

No need for synthetics LOL when the company quadruples the share count in the past year. That’s why AMC is so different than GME’s run up. I don’t believe in either company but there really is no short squeeze net for people going long on AMC. With 500M shares outstanding and likely a #### ton more as AMC tries to survive their debt mountain, there is no share shortage to cover. When AMC drops, it’ll drop hard.

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

I mentioned the short interest in $GDRX a while back and it’s been going up in chunks for me for a week. Hopefully $DMTK starts seeing some of this. $FLGT, too.

It’s keeping me green. Not a ton green but better than the market.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not just you. Sofi, DNMR, FUBO, and BYND all having strong days. LMND, APPN, and FLGT too. All of these names have some manner of large short interest and many squeezed a bit in Dec/Jan

• Like 1

Just now, General Malaise said:

Calculated what I lost by not holding RBLX, AMC, GME and DMEFF.....really wish I hadn't done that exercise.  Toilet paper hands.  :(

Tell me what your hopes and dreams are for PLGNF....

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, McBokonon said:

ABNB has a lockup expiration on Monday - best time to buy might be after that.

I bought yesterday at $143.06

one stock I had (QEP) was bought/incorported into FANG stock ... oil stocks .... maybe a nice $100-120 stock eventually ?

11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Calculated what I lost by not holding RBLX, AMC, GME and DMEFF.....really wish I hadn't done that exercise.  Toilet paper hands.  :(

The stock market is a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient. W. BUFFET

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, identikit said:

Tell me what your hopes and dreams are for PLGNF....

Yeah, that's a real kick to the ween....I sell the stocks that have killed it and am long 20K shares of this stupid thing.  But yeah, I am viewing this as a lottery ticket and think we're close to getting some sort of an announcement that catapults this stock higher.  The product is great and management is top shelf, but as the old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" 

In full disclosure, this is a huge position for our firm and the two PMs bird-dogging this thing have diamond hands here and while it's not so bad losing your own money, losing OTHER people's money is teh absolute suck and we're not paid to do that, so......better be right here or we'll start getting redemption notices from partners looking around the landscape and asking themselves "what am doing with these clowns when I can just follow Reddit stonks and blast to the moon?".  

I will absolutely stay transparent on this name - if I sell or if we sell, I'll make sure this thread is updated accordingly.   

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, GROOT said:

The stock market is a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient. W. BUFFET

Buffett also doesn't invest in companies he doesn't understand and I'll be the first to admit I don't get the allure to GME or AMC and for those reasons (and reasons that included losing my initial investment so fair assessment to call me impatient) I closed out the positions.  Hope the rest of you make a killing!!!!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, that's a real kick to the ween....I sell the stocks that have killed it and am long 20K shares of this stupid thing.  But yeah, I am viewing this as a lottery ticket and think we're close to getting some sort of an announcement that catapults this stock higher.  The product is great and management is top shelf, but as the old saying goes "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" 

In full disclosure, this is a huge position for our firm and the two PMs bird-dogging this thing have diamond hands here and while it's not so bad losing your own money, losing OTHER people's money is teh absolute suck and we're not paid to do that, so......better be right here or we'll start getting redemption notices from partners looking around the landscape and asking themselves "what am doing with these clowns when I can just follow Reddit stonks and blast to the moon?".  

I will absolutely stay transparent on this name - if I sell or if we sell, I'll make sure this thread is updated accordingly.   

I have 4900 shares and about 21% in the red.

Willing to hang longer,

Truly appreciate your insight.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, pecorino said:

Plowing cash into FLGT $70 June 18 calls. It's overly beatdown.

Anyone tailing on this trade may want to consider taking profits. Up about 35% - 40% at this moment, depending on your cost basis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I got in AMC at 13.70 during the initial meme stock boom.  I like the stock.  I'm not selling.

It seems to be holding its price and quickly recovering from any drops.  I am worried about what tomorrow brings.  Another double?  

38 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

It seems to be holding its price and quickly recovering from any drops.  I am worried about what tomorrow brings.  Another double?  

After hours suggests yes

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

After hours suggests yes

I should have bought far OTM calls when I first went short.  There are probably still smart moves that I could and should make.  I figure if I do nothing, my account can survive until about $200-$250.  If I go down, well at least I went out fighting..for the hedge funds?..wait a second

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Tech on a roll.  I'm thinking hard about trimming.  Have to imagine the pending AMC crash will crush the market like the GME plummet did.

Is it guaranteed AMC will crash?  The crypto market is over 1 trillion.  GME is being supported at a market cap of 10-20 billion.  AMC is currently at 28 billion.  I'm sure there will be volatility ahead but maybe AMC will find support at a market cap of 10-30 billion.  After all, crypto trades for over 1 trillion and what utility do any of those coins actually have?

20 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

Is it guaranteed AMC will crash?  The crypto market is over 1 trillion.  GME is being supported at a market cap of 10-20 billion.  AMC is currently at 28 billion.  I'm sure there will be volatility ahead but maybe AMC will find support at a market cap of 10-30 billion.  After all, crypto trades for over 1 trillion and what utility do any of those coins actually have?

Now you're starting to think like an ape. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

14 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Hope they both tank.

after all the FBG's sell

Not to poo poo.  Im thinking about shorting AMC too.  It's just crazy and if I did it would be a small amount.

Id rather hop into the next one.  maybe GME 

Posted (edited)

Hey fellas, long time no talk.

I'm starting a business which has dominated my time.  Still trading...below are my non-retirement holdings.

ABNB

IPOE/SOFI call options :moneybag:

MAR call Options :sadbanana:

SI

ETH :moneybag:

BTC :moneybag:

I'm pretty heavy cash/crypto right now.  I plan on making a rotation into equities eventually, just not sure when or what...I don't see a ton of value out there.

P.S.  in one of my retirement accounts I had an epic 700% run on etherium classic...damn near timed it perfect.   Best part is that I can't get taxed on it.   

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 5

AMC right back at it again in pre-market this a.m.

I keep waiting for a good spot to short this donk of a stonk ... But those danm apes ... Are their pockets bottomless?

Now I'm thinking, what the hell, I might as well join them. Where else am I going to make 20% in one day?

1 hour ago, Bossman said:

AMC right back at it again in pre-market this a.m.

I keep waiting for a good spot to short this donk of a stonk ... But those danm apes ... Are their pockets bottomless?

Now I'm thinking, what the hell, I might as well join them. Where else am I going to make 20% in one day?

It was spiking and then they announced mote dilution. I'll be taking profits this morning.