Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

6 minutes ago, Capella said:
18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Your point about % of ownership remains, but according to this it was not scheduled (see 10b5-1 column).

They also show on fintel, which normally excludes 10b5-1 sales. 

You may be right; I’ll try to find it. 

But why would he sell 75k shares when he owns 13.5 if it wasn’t prescheduled?

He sold an additional 127k (so 200ish total) just 2 days later.  No matter how much you own why sell 200k if an event that’s going to spike the price is on the horizon?  Scheduled sale would make sense but other then that I’m not sure what else does.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Capella said:

You may be right; I’ll try to find it. 

But why would he sell 75k shares when he owns 13.5 if it wasn’t prescheduled?

From their home office in Burlingame, CA. Top Ten reasons you sell 75k shares right now...

10. Annual trip to Monaco with Prince Harry
9. Wife or house needs a facelift.
8. Grabbing one of the only Plaid+ to roll off the line before Elon scrapped them
7. Got a last minute invite to Casa de Chet
6. To get 10 minutes alone with Regis Philbin
5. Trump knows a guy who can get him an approval. For a small donation
4. Big sale at Nerdstrom Rack
3. Heard you'd find Capella's ### on an island somewhere.
2. Saw a rumor he could legally test meds on apes if he owned 13,000 shares of GME

And the number one reason for selling 75k shares right now...

Figured it was the max he could sell without incurring SEC ire when the FDA says, "Thanks, but no thanks" and the stock craters.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

From their home office in Burlingame, CA. Top Ten reasons you sell 75k shares right now...

10. Annual trip to Monaco with Prince Harry
9. Wife or house needs a facelift.
8. Grabbing one of the only Plaid+ to roll off the line before Elon scrapped them
7. Got a last minute invite to Casa de Chet
6. To get 10 minutes alone with Regis Philbin
5. Trump knows a guy who can get him an approval. For a small donation
4. Big sale at Nerdstrom Rack
3. Heard you'd find Capella's ### on an island somewhere.
2. Saw a rumor he could legally test meds on apes if he owned 13,000 shares of GME

And the number one reason for selling 75k shares right now...

Figured it was the max he could sell without incurring SEC ire when the FDA says, "Thanks, but no thanks" and the stock craters.

Funny until the end :cry: 

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Where’s my dislike button.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, tuffnutt said:

Look into TRCH... merger with with meta material happening soon and it will be paying a special dividend from a sell off of oil land. I’m in for 1000 shares just to see what the dividend will be... some people are saying a couple bucks some are saying could be $20 so who knows.

Edit to add: I’m a complete moron though so do your DD.

TRCH has been running hot for a month!

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Had swapped some AI for FLGT late last week, might have to swap back today.

Just keep in mind FLGT has a large short interest (twice that of AI it looks like) and is extremely cheap. I'm a giant FLGT bull so I'm biased as hell and plan to hold for years and years, but I think it's better short term, too. IMO, anyway - you never know what's really gonna happen short term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Just keep in mind FLGT has a large short interest (twice that of AI it looks like) and is extremely cheap. I'm a giant FLGT bull so I'm biased as hell and plan to hold for years and years, but I think it's better short term, too. IMO, anyway - you never know what's really gonna happen short term.

Twist my arm. 

I bought the shares back, plus 10, at 40¢ less than I sold. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

I'm fascinated by FLGT. Revenue is obviously going to fall off a cliff. That's what they're forecasting for themselves. If anything were ever baked in, that SHOULD BE it. It should come down to how quickly they can ramp up the non-Covid business, which they have accelerated tremendously.

And oh, yeah, a $2.5B company that's going to have $1B in the bank.

53 minutes ago, Keerock said:

So will GME pop or drop at open?  Some squeeze going on here...

Just a few days left to buy the dip before their 8K filing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sub-3% growth ftw

That is not the part of the report that will matter. The part where there are massively more votes to shares issued will drive the price going forward.

Edited by David Dodds

2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

That is not the part of the report that will matter. The part where there are massively more votes to shares held will drive the price going forward.

1. Let's assume there actually are more votes cast than existing shares (Why will that be true now but not last vote?)

2. GME says to the SEC for the 5,000th time, "Um, hey! Uh, we think there's naked shorting going on here. And here's why. That's bad!"

3. ?

4. Profit?

Seems like the best you can hope for is an investigation. Investigations take a long time. SEC investigations take a waiting-for-the-rapture-long time.

Unless they're looking into Forrestmail.

What's driving the profit?

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

1. Let's assume there actually are more votes cast than existing shares (Why will that be true now but not last vote?)

2. GME says to the SEC for the 5,000th time, "Um, hey! Uh, we think there's naked shorting going on here. And here's why. That's bad!"

3. ?

4. Profit?

Overstock paved the way. Crypto dividend. Plus Gamestop's price movement is happening on minimal volume. What happens when the FOMO kicks in? Plus you are greatly underselling what Gamestop is already becoming. This is going to be Amazon Junior in a few years.

Edited by David Dodds

16 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

Overstock paved the way. Crypto dividend. Plus Gamestop's price movement is happening on minimal volume. What happens when the FOMO kicks in? Plus you are greatly underselling what Gamestop is already becoming. This is going to be Amazon Junior in a few years.

That's what we've been warning you about.

• Laughing 5

34 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

That is not the part of the report that will matter. The part where there are massively more votes to shares issued will drive the price going forward.

What do you expect will happen to the stock price if there are not more votes than shares issued?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

What do you expect will happen to the stock price if there are not more votes than shares issued?

Since institutions own more than 100% now, we know that can't be the case so it's a moot question. The question is better phrased, what if the multiple is less than 300%? I suspect it will dampen enthusiasm slightly, but any price drop will likely get bought up. The price is wrong and is going much higher.

Look at the 1 and 3 month charts and what do you see? Forget the blip in January. This stock has been on a steady rise from the $40 after the blip with no signs of slowing down.

Here is a great graph showing how much less volume was needed to get to $280

https://i.redd.it/5paks3icyw371.png

Edited by David Dodds

Just now, David Dodds said:

Since institutions own more than 100% now, we know that can't be the case so it's a moot question. The question is better phrased, what if the multiple is less than 300%? I suspect it will dampen enthusiasm slightly, but any price drop will likely get bought up. The price is wrong and is going way up.

Look at the 1 and 3 month charts and what do you see? Forget the blip in January. This stock has been on a steady rise from the $40 after the blip with no signs of slowing down.

Whenever I see percentages adding up to over 100 I always assume it is referencing the float rather than total shares issued.  Yahoo shows 41.72% of shares being held by institutions.  I figure if votes exceed shares issued at all, even if doesn't meet the higher expectations, there will still be enthusiastic buying.  That enthusiasm could easily spill over into AMC and my account will be toast.  I'm slightly worried, but it will be interesting regardless.

14 minutes ago, Caveman33 said:

Whenever I see percentages adding up to over 100 I always assume it is referencing the float rather than total shares issued.  Yahoo shows 41.72% of shares being held by institutions.  I figure if votes exceed shares issued at all, even if doesn't meet the higher expectations, there will still be enthusiastic buying.  That enthusiasm could easily spill over into AMC and my account will be toast.  I'm slightly worried, but it will be interesting regardless.

The FINRA numbers are complete crap. A lot of this was exposed on the Superstonk subreddit. That's part of the madness. The shorts purposely hide true short percentage with options trickery and rolling failure to delivers. 

1 hour ago, David Dodds said:

Since institutions own more than 100% now, we know that can't be the case so it's a moot question. The question is better phrased, what if the multiple is less than 300%? I suspect it will dampen enthusiasm slightly, but any price drop will likely get bought up. The price is wrong and is going much higher.

Here is a great graph showing how much less volume was needed to get to $280

https://i.redd.it/5paks3icyw371.png

So if I'm an institution, all I have to do to keep this rolling is not vote my shares? Are they too stupid to know that?

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Plus you are greatly underselling what Gamestop is already becoming. This is going to be Amazon Junior in a few years.

Yeah, I still don't see any reason to believe that. Unless you're using BnB criteria. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KGB said:

Back in some RBLX

Keeping RBLX for now, but sold everything else and went all in for NVDA.

A ton of shares at $668 is my new average. Was at $624

And on margin.

Split happens next month, so won't be doing much until then.

Wish me luck

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, KGB said:

Keeping RBLX for now, but sold everything else and went all in for NVDA.

A ton of shares at $668 is my new average. Was at $624

And on margin.

Split happens next month, so won't be doing much until then.

Wish me luck

@identikit If it goes down, I dont mind holding.  I have another account I would even average my cost down in. :hifive:

• Like 1

I need help. Just bought a few hundred blueberries. I grow them in my garden so why not in the portfolio? 

:help:

1 minute ago, wilked said:

Still diamond hands here on GME...  Riding the wave

wake me when Citadel is clearing out their building. That's when this really starts.

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

If someone is covering GME before tomorrow's call, there's gotta be something coming that terrifies them, right? 

this is a margin call at a minimum. And this price likely starts triggering more and more of these.

and yes, the shorts are FEARFUL of the vote count (which may get released as early as tomorrow)

With all of the rule changes by the clearing houses, it's not a good time to be short stocks.

Edited by David Dodds
  • Like 1