What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

So if I'm an institution, all I have to do to keep this rolling is not vote my shares? Are they too stupid to know that?
Or, .... vote to issue more shares!

That way the company makes more money ... and there's plenty of shares for everybody!

It's a win / win ... unless you're long and hoping for a squeeze.

For those who like to roll the dice, I'm eyeing the June 18 calls on AYX with $80 strike price. I think AYX rebounds from the mid-70s but whether it does it in the next few weeks or not, who knows. Those calls are trading for $1.30 which is pretty cheap for a company that was in the $100s not that long ago. 
These calls are entering into-the-money zone and roughly up 75% from last week. If you're trailing this trade, you may want to de-risk by selling half (or all, for your conservative types) and free-rolling the rest for next week.

Or, .... vote to issue more shares!

That way the company makes more money ... and there's plenty of shares for everybody!

It's a win / win ... unless you're long and hoping for a squeeze.
This would be suicide for their business. Huge overlap between diamond hands and potential customers.

This would be suicide for their business. Huge overlap between diamond hands and potential customers.
Offer free popcorn and you can quintuple the outstanding shares with no concern. Maybe a free mousepad?

I still am blown away by AMC volume and price. At its all time peak back in early 2017, the price was mid $30s so the current price is $49 so you could casually think that’s only 50% better not way out of range. Problem is that business was way better at the peak and there are now 5x the number of outstanding shares so the price at the current streaming/post-pandemic world is really $250 compared to peak revenue no streaming world. The company certainly isn’t worth 8x the peak especially considering how much debt they added as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Offer free popcorn and you can quintuple the outstanding shares with no concern. Maybe a free mousepad?

I still am blown away by AMC volume and price. At its all time peak back in early 2017, the price was mid $30s so the current price is $49 so you could casually think that’s only 50% better not way out of range. Problem is that business was way better at the peak and there are now 5x the number of outstanding shares so the price at the current streaming/post-pandemic world is really $250 compared to peak revenue no streaming world. The company certainly isn’t worth 8x the peak especially considering how much debt they added as well.
You can come in here every day and spew your sense but the apes are still going to trample your lawn.

GBTC with a nice pop.  Dumped the shares acquired yesterday for a 10% gain.  I think swing trading this play money is the way to go.

DPLS has been a 26%+ gainer for me in a little less than a month.

Can't remember who in here suggested this one to me.

@pecorinomaybe?

What's the exit strategy?
For me, I'm holding this one long-term. My cost basis on this thing is .007 and I have 138,000 shares. 

I really like the technology and it seems things are progressing for them. They are supposed to be putting together their manufacturing facility now.

This thing yo-yo's up and down quite a bit. It will ride high like this and then drop out below .02. You may be able to get away with selling all of it and rebuying again under .02.

For me, I'm holding this one long-term. My cost basis on this thing is .007 and I have 138,000 shares. 

I really like the technology and it seems things are progressing for them. They are supposed to be putting together their manufacturing facility now.

This thing yo-yo's up and down quite a bit. It will ride high like this and then drop out below .02. You may be able to get away with selling all of it and rebuying again under .02.
:2cents:

Thanks, I was looking for something to zero out my account. In for 43 shares! :bowtie:  (Schwab doesn't charge commission)

DPLS has been a 26%+ gainer for me in a little less than a month.

Can't remember who in here suggested this one to me.

@pecorinomaybe?

What's the exit strategy?
It did not originate with me. But I did buy a chunk a few months ago, free-rolled half after a doubling and then exited the position (I don't remember when). With the more recent endorsement a couple weeks ago, I bought back in for 100000 shares at about two cents. With the penny stocks, I am looking for a double-up to sell half then ride the rest until you need the cash or slowly unwind the position.

Thinning about 10% of my HGEN on this pop today.  I think I'll  be able to add that back later around $20.  If not, the other 90% can roll on.  Big kudos to @chet for drawing opposition out to pimp HGEN in the cydy thread.

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but what do you like about the technology? The company profile has them in downtown NYC but this demo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=De6YVUrs2y8&feature=youtu.be

Doesn’t look like it’s in NYC, more like a room above the local pizzeria or in the local high school.

That’s not the most professional demo and if it takes multiple minutes to scan a 12 foot PVC pipe, how long would it take to scan a pipeline? Also, the description of the equipment was hysterical, dude is a natural. I’m assuming cash is tight.

I’ve seen this ticker a bunch of times so I’m honestly interested in your view on the tech and what’s better than the competition.

Yea I should probably take some of these Hgen profits now and then double back on the drop but I just can’t time those things at all. 

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but what do you like about the technology? The company profile has them in downtown NYC but this demo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=De6YVUrs2y8&feature=youtu.be

Doesn’t look like it’s in NYC, more like a room above the local pizzeria or in the local high school.

That’s not the most professional demo and if it takes multiple minutes to scan a 12 foot PVC pipe, how long would it take to scan a pipeline? Also, the description of the equipment was hysterical, dude is a natural. I’m assuming cash is tight.

I’ve seen this ticker a bunch of times so I’m honestly interested in your view on the tech and what’s better than the competition.
LOL

:P

"Pre-earnings options volume in GameStop (GME) is normal with calls leading puts 2:1. Implied volatility suggests the market is anticipating a move near 28.5%, or $90.54, after results are released. Median move over the past eight quarters is 15.1%."

"Pre-earnings options volume in GameStop (GME) is normal with calls leading puts 2:1. Implied volatility suggests the market is anticipating a move near 28.5%, or $90.54, after results are released. Median move over the past eight quarters is 15.1%."
Does this mean buy moar?

Stonks only go up. #GME
Is it true that GameStop said in their meeting today that "more than a majority of shares voted"? 

Even if the vote count comes in under the outstanding total, I'm sure it will be chalked up to manipulation, etc.  This reminds me of QAnon.  

Is it true that GameStop said in their meeting today that "more than a majority of shares voted"? 

Even if the vote count comes in under the outstanding total, I'm sure it will be chalked up to manipulation, etc.  This reminds me of QAnon.  
Umm, it absolutely borders on conspiracy at times with reading into tweets, images that a web site developer uses that look similar to a logo and job postings, comparing a company to Amazon (if you recall the Nikola CEO did this right before the dive/scandal costing him his job and GM pulling out), etc.

I know I’ve said this before, but any type of fundamental review of these companies would produce market caps way, way lower than they are now even with some rosy projections. RIDE is the first example where the company’s true fundamentals start a breakdown. The comical part of this is that the big reason for the run ups is the the huge daily retail volume (5x the total short shares in AMC’s jump). The only way some of these companies will survive, I didn’t save prosper, is the cash that the retail investors are handing over to the companies in terms of dilution.

It is a fascinating story and will be a really good read when it all gets dissected to know who really made out like bandits. 

Umm, it absolutely borders on conspiracy at times with reading into tweets, images that a web site developer uses that look similar to a logo and job postings, comparing a company to Amazon (if you recall the Nikola CEO did this right before the dive/scandal costing him his job and GM pulling out), etc.

I know I’ve said this before, but any type of fundamental review of these companies would produce market caps way, way lower than they are now even with some rosy projections. RIDE is the first example where the company’s true fundamentals start a breakdown. The comical part of this is that the big reason for the run ups is the the huge daily retail volume (5x the total short shares in AMC’s jump). The only way some of these companies will survive, I didn’t save prosper, is the cash that the retail investors are handing over to the companies in terms of dilution.

It is a fascinating story and will be a really good read when it all gets dissected to know who really made out like bandits. 
I think everyone here understands this and I assume most of the larger holders of these stocks also understand.  But it seems they have roped in a lot of diamond handed fools who don't know the difference between share price and market cap.  Now I may be the biggest fool of all because I might lose everything betting against them.  I am feeling more optimistic after hearing how GME carefully phrased that "more than the majority of shares voted" comment.  It has caused some people to doubt but they may have been bears to begin with.  QAnon thinking is strong so as Ryan Cohen said in the meeting today, "Buckle up."  

I think everyone here understands this and I assume most of the larger holders of these stocks also understand.  But it seems they have roped in a lot of diamond handed fools who don't know the difference between share price and market cap.  Now I may be the biggest fool of all because I might lose everything betting against them.  I am feeling more optimistic after hearing how GME carefully phrased that "more than the majority of shares voted" comment.  It has caused some people to doubt but they may have been bears to begin with.  QAnon thinking is strong so as Ryan Cohen said in the meeting today, "Buckle up."  
I would never bet against it because it’s a lot of money pushing on the door, between true believers, FOMO folks who don’t really get it and non-believers who get it but are happy to make money.

On the carefully worded statement, I was thinking about the same thing. More than the majority means 50.1% not 400% or whatever crazy numbers you hear about. Reminds me of the last earnings call where they tried to mask the real overall revenue decline (even with two new consoles) using same store sales being up because the had closed so many stores.

I would never bet against it because it’s a lot of money pushing on the door, between true believers, FOMO folks who don’t really get it and non-believers who get it but are happy to make money.

On the carefully worded statement, I was thinking about the same thing. More than the majority means 50.1% not 400% or whatever crazy numbers you hear about. Reminds me of the last earnings call where they tried to mask the real overall revenue decline (even with two new consoles) using same store sales being up because the had closed so many stores.
Yea, I have regrets but I am stubborn and will see it through.  Someone offered a reasonable explanation that the statement is standard for shareholder meetings to establish that a "quorum" has been met.  My initial reaction was in response to the Superstonk mods who excitedly declared this confirmed their wild theories.  AMC is floating a similar conspiracy so I am looking forward to it being settled once and for all.

I see someone shared this excerpt from the meeting:

"I am pleased to report results of proposals are as follows: Mr. Sherman, Mr. Attal, Mr. Cheng, Mr. Cohen, Mr, Grube, Ms. Xu have each received a majority of the votes cast and they have been elected to records. (Can't make out the beginning of the next sentence due to crowd noise)... have been approved by 44,852,722 million votes constituting 93% of votes cast on this proposal."

That should be some cold water on the conspiracy enthusiasm but who knows.

I see someone shared this excerpt from the meeting:

"I am pleased to report results of proposals are as follows: Mr. Sherman, Mr. Attal, Mr. Cheng, Mr. Cohen, Mr, Grube, Ms. Xu have each received a majority of the votes cast and they have been elected to records. (Can't make out the beginning of the next sentence due to crowd noise)... have been approved by 44,852,722 million votes constituting 93% of votes cast on this proposal."

That should be some cold water on the conspiracy enthusiasm but who knows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlF3TEmLEA

In case anyone is interested, you can hear this excerpt at about the 8:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlF3TEmLEA

In case anyone is interested, you can hear this excerpt at about the 8:30 mark.
Thanks for this. The audit firm vote also noted 54M votes cast. We also had CEO/CFO announced, potential 5M share offering, and earnings beat (but still negative). Lots to digest...
So the rocket ship gamma squeeze is pretty much off the table now?  

I’d image the stock stays within it normal range of fluctuations because of all the apes and diamond hands, but the upward pressure seems to be a fiction at this point.  

Users who are viewing this thread