What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (23 Viewers)

Dwayne Hoover said:
Another stock that has been absolutely pummeled that could be poised for a comeback is EVFM.  They make a non hormonal birth control product.  Starting to see more commericals now for their product Phexxi.

It was closer to $4, a few months ago now just barely over a $1

HC Wainwright has put a price target of $4 on it as of yesterday, think it rebounds.   The CEO is presenting at a conference this week
Added some at $1.02, thanks 🍻

Doesn't seem unreasonable honestly.

The CEO bought 50,000 shares today BTW and the CFO did too for 25,000
Good.  Usually when I see a recommendation here I'm only going in for $100-$300.  3 out of 4 times when I buy the price drops, so I like to leaving room to DCA down.  Eventually the stock bottoms like UWMC and I can add enough to actually make money on the bounce back.  In the case of UWMC I had over $10k of it, but I'm now up 20% plus dividends and 10% profits on shares sold.  If it runs like SE, I'll buy the dips on the way up.  I'm up 63% on SE despite owning shares in the $260s and have banked 20% profit.

I added 50 more shares of EVFM tonight after hours based on your post which is my 3rd buy.  I would have hit it harder, but I usually make bad buys AH and think tomorrow might offer and opportunity closer to $1.

I know, bigger roller.  Currently carrying 164 stocks with 40% in AMZN, CRM/WORK, SE, and UWMC so not a lot of funds to open large positions

stbugs said:
That’s a smart play if you know you’ll hold past the merge which I think was late this year. It’s all stock so no cash conversion. 1.7234 shares of AMD per 1 share of XLNX. A little over $140 while XLNX is at $128. I’ve got 100 XLNX so I’ll get 172 shares and some change.
:blackdot:

Research analysts at Credit Suisse Group began coverage on shares of Humanigen (NASDAQ:HGEN) in a report issued on Friday, Briefing.com reports. The firm set an "outperform" rating and a $28.00 price target on the stock. Credit Suisse Group's price target suggests a potential upside of 32.89% from the company's previous close.

:bowtie:  

@stbugs Work has been a major time suck for 3+ months so logged into MILs account for the first time in 4 months yesterday.  About fell over when I saw ASO at $40.  Thanks for that tip.  Should have keep it in my account.

Research analysts at Credit Suisse Group began coverage on shares of Humanigen (NASDAQ:HGEN) in a report issued on Friday, Briefing.com reports. The firm set an "outperform" rating and a $28.00 price target on the stock. Credit Suisse Group's price target suggests a potential upside of 32.89% from the company's previous close.

:bowtie:  
Good to read, but this makes no sense to me.  Not sure what the timeframe is on the $28, but the odds of it being anywhere in the 20s in three months are next to nil.

@stbugs Work has been a major time suck for 3+ months so logged into MILs account for the first time in 4 months yesterday.  About fell over when I saw ASO at $40.  Thanks for that tip.  Should have keep it in my account.
No kidding. I made some money on it but it was red for so long after the IPO that I was good with just getting a few hundred off of it. I should have left it just for the fact that I didn’t have much pure retail in my portfolio.

That’s honestly been one of my problems, selling stuff too soon. If it’s a stock that wasn’t really recommended to me, I don’t have the patience. In some cases, like RIDE and LAZR, I’d be way down now so it was the right call but others like TLRY and ASO, I needed literally another few weeks of patience. I guess if you get out with a profit you can’t complain and that money will find another target too. I’m just not flush with free cash without selling as most of my new money goes to maxing out our 401ks (with the now available old people bump!) and paying for kids/college so if I like something new I’m likely selling something else. I do have plenty of something else's. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to read, but this makes no sense to me.  Not sure what the timeframe is on the $28, but the odds of it being anywhere in the 20s in three months are next to nil.
Yea but they’re not going to come out and call it a 52 dollar stock or a 12 dollar stock either. It’s not their job to be that extreme. 

stbugs said:
That’s a smart play if you know you’ll hold past the merge which I think was late this year. It’s all stock so no cash conversion. 1.7234 shares of AMD per 1 share of XLNX. A little over $140 while XLNX is at $128. I’ve got 100 XLNX so I’ll get 172 shares and some change.
Bought a chunk of this one today...

Will hold at least through the merge.

I might actually trim a little heading into the weekend. ($GLBE). Maybe a third of my position or so. Not sure yet.
Disappointed in myself for not at least buying 100 shares. Definitely not buying now as the typical IPO rollercoasters tend to have that decent sized dip after the initial run up. I’ll keep watching but as weird as it seems I’m enjoying UPST and FLGT dipping a bit as I’d like to add some more long term shares.

Disappointed in myself for not at least buying 100 shares. Definitely not buying now as the typical IPO rollercoasters tend to have that decent sized dip after the initial run up. I’ll keep watching but as weird as it seems I’m enjoying UPST and FLGT dipping a bit as I’d like to add some more long term shares.
Ditto on both. Waiting until next week on $UPST due to lockup expiration. 

Decided against RBLX and put my RBLX money into DKNG.  I like both, coin flip I think on which one is better.  I love that Draftkings is the king of their market and online sports gambling is going to get even bigger as it opens up.  Im sure there will be big competitors popping up though  

TLDR onto train draftkings @ $54.36
Bought more RBLX on the dip just north of 90. These new shares I plan on doing some gambling with and sell on runs and then rebuy.

Send up the alarm when the fad is over!

• Love
Reactions: KGB
Dwayne Hoover said:
Mentioned this stock the other day as I think its about to awaken from a slumber, check out EVFM

We are not the target audience but a non hormonal form of birth control is appealing to a lot of women rather than taking the pill.  

The stock has been battered, was $4 a few months ago now down to a $1.  

Phexxi is a relatively new product (around 6-8 months or so) and they are really starting to market it now.  You need to be watching Desperate Housewives reruns to catch it.

Anyway just saw it made the NY times today with a positive article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/style/what-is-phexxi.html

Nice nugget here from the article here..

"Dr. Meera Shah, the author of a book about abortion and the chief medical officer for Planned Parenthood in the Hudson Peconic region, is one of about 5,400 American health providers who have prescribed Phexxi, according to Evofem. She oversees 10 clinics. “Clinicians have been reaching out to me saying everyone’s asking for Phexxi,” Dr. Shah said. “The demand is there.”

Think this will be at least a double from here in short time
When you said 'in short time', I didn't think you meant today!

Got in at $1.12. Thanks for the tip.

stbugs said:
@Todem Any thoughts on DCRC? It’s an SPAC for Solid Power which appears to compete directly with QS and has Ford and BMW as backers. Sounds like they might actually be a little ahead, hard to tell. They say that in early 2022 they will have batteries coming off of their test production line. I know VW was testing things with QS but I’m searching it looks like 2024 is when QS is expecting pilot batteries off of a production line. Since they said 2024/2025 is when they want to start commercial production I don’t know if the 2022 vs 2024 is apples to oranges. Also, I don’t know the tech well enough to know if they are doing the same thing or if one is far more advanced.

The SPAC isn’t popping much on the news so wondering if the folks that told you about QS have an opinion on the new company.
I am headed out for a long weekend for a baseball tourney with my son. QS is looking to have solid state technology in the EV space which is game changing. So unless Solid Power is in that same space (and without even looking I would guess not) we are talking apples and oranges. 

I will look into it upon my return. 

Finally had a chance to look. So he didn't schedule a sale (It's not like he's planning to divest X shares/year for Y years). He just filed notice of intent to sell. Which he had 90 days to do from 3/30. I guess the question is, does it make you feel better if it was March 30 rather than June 4 that he decided to sell 1.26M/53.4M shares? Does it matter that he didn't wait the max days to see if he got approval? Or does it move the needle at all either timeframe?

Lots of reasons for people to sell (at least 10, that we know of). The worst is probably, "I don't think we're getting approval," but do you think he had a solid indication 90 days ago?

The most likely is probably, "I needed the money for something" or "I don't KNOW if I'll ever get this much per share again, so I might as well get something now." Can't blame him either way there, but I don't know that it's predictive. This is, generally, why I pay no attention to insider sales whatsoever but give purchases some consideration. It's just that it's coming ahead of a binary event that makes it hard not to question.

Finally had a chance to look. So he didn't schedule a sale (It's not like he's planning to divest X shares/year for Y years). He just filed notice of intent to sell. Which he had 90 days to do from 3/30. I guess the question is, does it make you feel better if it was March 30 rather than June 4 that he decided to sell 1.26M/53.4M shares? Does it matter that he didn't wait the max days to see if he got approval? Or does it move the needle at all either timeframe?

Lots of reasons for people to sell (at least 10, that we know of). The worst is probably, "I don't think we're getting approval," but do you think he had a solid indication 90 days ago?

The most likely is probably, "I needed the money for something" or "I don't KNOW if I'll ever get this much per share again, so I might as well get something now." Can't blame him either way there, but I don't know that it's predictive. This is, generally, why I pay no attention to insider sales whatsoever but give purchases some consideration. It's just that it's coming ahead of a binary event that makes it hard not to question.
Yea I would say the amount he sold relative to the amount he owns makes this a non-issue for me. Who knows what people need money for but he only sold a few percent of his holdings. I’m not sweating it. 

Let's work under the assumption that the remainder of 2021 will include two quarters of high inflation (that is my working hypothesis.) What is the best way to trade / invest in this environment? For me it means holding less cash, investing in gold, real estate, crypto (in that order), and staying invested in stocks. What else am I missing? I'd like to at least keep pace with inflation if not outright ride the wave to some profits.

Let's work under the assumption that the remainder of 2021 will include two quarters of high inflation (that is my working hypothesis.) What is the best way to trade / invest in this environment? For me it means holding less cash, investing in gold, real estate, crypto (in that order), and staying invested in stocks. What else am I missing? I'd like to at least keep pace with inflation if not outright ride the wave to some profits.
Buffet exited all the banks. Blackrock is buying up homes. Most view things like Google, Facebook, Twitter immune from a major correction or runaway inflation. Unfortunately, I think crypto gets hit as well. I have my money in a meme stock and real estate.

This is a great question.

I also moved some cash into ibonds and will probably max that for the foreseeable future. It's a built-in inflation hedge.

I would think inflation benefits payment companies. Fewer transactions necessary for the same throughput, you could see balances start to rise as spending increases, V and MA would benefit from any increases in interest rates that might become necessary, and to me they're great reopening plays anyway. Especially as travel starts to pick up again (AXP?) and unemployment decreases. Personal savings rates aren't going to set records forever. And nobody is going to start saying, "Hey, remember how great it was when we used to carry around cash. iirc, neither is exactly cheap right now, though. MA a littler further off ATHs.

Could probably lump SQ and PYPL in there, too, though a little less directly. PYPL's buy now, pay later probably gains more traction as things become pricier. 

Real Estate seems easy, though potential headwinds if it gets to the point rate increases are necessary.

Full disclosure: I already own everything discussed above except AXP, but I'm also considering putting more into every one of them except SQ, where I'm already stupid overweight.

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but what do you like about the technology? The company profile has them in downtown NYC but this demo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=De6YVUrs2y8&feature=youtu.be

Doesn’t look like it’s in NYC, more like a room above the local pizzeria or in the local high school.

That’s not the most professional demo and if it takes multiple minutes to scan a 12 foot PVC pipe, how long would it take to scan a pipeline? Also, the description of the equipment was hysterical, dude is a natural. I’m assuming cash is tight.

I’ve seen this ticker a bunch of times so I’m honestly interested in your view on the tech and what’s better than the competition.
Dude, I have no idea. All I know is their technology sounds good. They have a manufacturing facility in the Scottsdale area ramping up right now. They are seemingly putting in place a solid management team. 

It’s a freaking penny stock, man. It’s a total gamble. I am free rolling my shares because I invested way way less than a penny. With my initial proceeds I have purchased a bunch of dividend stocks that are up a good bit in the last few months.

I am also currently up about 4 gajillion percent on my remaining shares because my cost basis is so dang low.

With my remaining profits I bought a 30 pack of Miller Lite and my wife is currently licking it off my nipples on my anniversary. And oh by the way, it’s up like 60 percent or something along those lines in the last 4 days. I can’t be sure because I am on vacation and drunk and can’t do math right now.

The point is, stop being a debbie downer on every freaking person here. We are all big boys and we all have different reasons for what we do here.

I have made a good amount of money because of you - you are definitely one of the smart ones here. But lighten up man. Have some fun.

:banned:

Dude, I have no idea. All I know is their technology sounds good. They have a manufacturing facility in the Scottsdale area ramping up right now. They are seemingly putting in place a solid management team. 

It’s a freaking penny stock, man. It’s a total gamble. I am free rolling my shares because I invested way way less than a penny. With my initial proceeds I have purchased a bunch of dividend stocks that are up a good bit in the last few months.

I am also currently up about 4 gajillion percent on my remaining shares because my cost basis is so dang low.

With my remaining profits I bought a 30 pack of Miller Lite and my wife is currently licking it off my nipples on my anniversary. And oh by the way, it’s up like 60 percent or something along those lines in the last 4 days. I can’t be sure because I am on vacation and drunk and can’t do math right now.

The point is, stop being a debbie downer on every freaking person here. We are all big boys and we all have different reasons for what we do here.

I have made a good amount of money because of you - you are definitely one of the smart ones here. But lighten up man. Have some fun.

:banned:
WTF’s the problem dude? I just asked you why you liked the tech and had a chuckle at that demo. I don’t need any input on my posting, I’m good.

I'm thinking of investing in TEN.  Reddit loves tendies.  Looks like it already doubled over the last 30 days.

Users who are viewing this thread