Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

@KGB since you added RIOT I'm assuming you're holding for a long period?  

I'm looking for a short flip myself.  Right now 30kish seems to be the bottom for BTC and has been quickly bouncing back to 40k.

I averaged down big big time.  So I am WAY overbought.  I will be selling chunks.  I agree with your 30-40K statement and plan to hold some long as I do think BTC hits 100K someday.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pmedina said:

Update on my my all in MUDS strategy. It’s been a rough month. Been buying small lots on the dips and now stand at 12,056 shares at dollar cost average of $12.62 (-2.93%). The whole AMC DEBACLE really set this stock back, stupid apes. 
 

Nice update on revenue today and I think we’ve finally turned the corner.  I’m long with a PT of at least $25. 

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/there-s-a-nice-opportunity-here-with-mudrick-capital-15692013

#wishmeluck

#yolo

I think Ill hop back into some MUDS :suds:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Daily Reverse Repos with an all-time high at $791.605B
  • Massive crypto sell off
  • All the new clearing house rules for margin calls/liquidity checks
  • Inflation at ridiculous levels 
  • Shortages everywhere 

Anyone else expecting a major correction in the market soon? This feels like a massive bubble ready to burst

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, David Dodds said:
  • Daily Reverse Repos with an all-time high at $791.605B
  • Massive crypto sell off
  • All the new clearing house rules for margin calls/liquidity checks
  • Inflation at ridiculous levels 
  • Shortages everywhere 

Anyone else expecting a major correction in the market soon? This feels like a massive bubble ready to burst

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/michael-burry-warns-retail-traders-about-the-mother-of-all-crashes-1.1618916

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

@Whyatt What is your thoughts on these insiders selling right now?

 

11 hours ago, Capella said:

This guy had one take on it. Up to you whether it concerns you or not. I couldn’t care less. Old guys taking money when they can isn’t breaking news to me. 


https://stocktwits.com/VeryJerry/message/347070585

 

The selling is understandable but a little disappointing. These guys have multi-baggers so taking some off the table makes perfect sense - financial malpractice to not sell some would say. It’s worth noting the CEO and CSO didn’t sell prior to sharing clinical results and raising $, which would have hurt the company materially. 

I didn’t consider the fact that HGEN is so thinly owned. It’s improving, but these sales put continued pressure on the stock price. Assuming Lenz gets a significant USG contract, I expect that changes.

If you have HGEN stock or are interested in it, Jerry is the first one to follow. No way I can keep up with his DD and I can’t recall I time I disagreed with him.

Edited by Whyatt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

 

The selling is understandable but a little disappointing. These guys have multi-baggers so taking some off the table makes perfect sense - financial malpractice to not sell some would say. It’s worth noting the CEO and CSO didn’t sell prior to sharing clinical results and raising $, which would have hurt the company materially. 

I didn’t consider the fact that HGEN is so thinly owned. It’s improving, but these sales put continued pressure on the stock price. Assuming Lenz gets a significant USG contract, I expect that changes.

If you have HGEN stock or are interested in it, Jerry is the first one to follow. No way I can keep up with his DD and I can’t recall I time I disagreed with him.

Do you still think CYDY is a better drug?

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

 

The selling is understandable but a little disappointing. These guys have multi-baggers so taking some off the table makes perfect sense - financial malpractice to not sell some would say. It’s worth noting the CEO and CSO didn’t sell prior to sharing clinical results and raising $, which would have hurt the company materially. 

I didn’t consider the fact that HGEN is so thinly owned. It’s improving, but these sales put continued pressure on the stock price. Assuming Lenz gets a significant USG contract, I expect that changes.

If you have HGEN stock or are interested in it, Jerry is the first one to follow. No way I can keep up with his DD and I can’t recall I time I disagreed with him.

Glad u got the joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Whyatt said:

I’m good Cav, hope you’re enjoying your cabin. Things got a little hot last year but maybe some here realized I had a point.

You had a point and I am invested much more in HGEN than CYDY.  Much of that is due to you and more info. 

I do see a road block for HGEN, being a therapeutic.  It disincentives vax.  

Do you see that as a problem?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

You had a point and I am invested much more in HGEN than CYDY.  Much of that is due to you and more info. 

I do see a road block for HGEN, being a therapeutic.  It disincentives vax.  

Do you see that as a problem?

 

Great question.

I don’t think it holds up EUA or distribution in any way.

I do think there are disincentives for the government to promote therapeutics as they can be perceived to diminish vaccination. So I don’t expect much promotion / press conferences from the government.

Of course this won’t impact sales, doctors will be making decisions to use the drug - we aren’t talking about boner pills.

Good luck to us on our investment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

 

The selling is understandable but a little disappointing. These guys have multi-baggers so taking some off the table makes perfect sense - financial malpractice to not sell some would say. It’s worth noting the CEO and CSO didn’t sell prior to sharing clinical results and raising $, which would have hurt the company materially. 

I didn’t consider the fact that HGEN is so thinly owned. It’s improving, but these sales put continued pressure on the stock price. Assuming Lenz gets a significant USG contract, I expect that changes.

If you have HGEN stock or are interested in it, Jerry is the first one to follow. No way I can keep up with his DD and I can’t recall I time I disagreed with him.

Jerry is great for info - totally agree. That MWM guy posts or tweets a lot about it but he comes off like a pumper to me. Jerry just consistently brings solid info. 
 

The fact that they are selling small amounts after we know the results is why I’m not worried. If this was before we had that info, sure that’s a reason to be scared away. Here it just seems a little nervous to bail to me. But to each their own. I’m in all the way. 

Edited by Capella
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:
  • Daily Reverse Repos with an all-time high at $791.605B
  • Massive crypto sell off
  • All the new clearing house rules for margin calls/liquidity checks
  • Inflation at ridiculous levels 
  • Shortages everywhere 

Anyone else expecting a major correction in the market soon? This feels like a massive bubble ready to burst

Cant argue with a lot of this.  Problem is it may take 2-4-8 years before a correction sets in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, David Dodds said:
  • Daily Reverse Repos with an all-time high at $791.605B
  • Massive crypto sell off
  • All the new clearing house rules for margin calls/liquidity checks
  • Inflation at ridiculous levels 
  • Shortages everywhere 

Anyone else expecting a major correction in the market soon? This feels like a massive bubble ready to burst

You forget to mention companies like GME priced 10x where they should be.

Uncharted territory...we just came out of a bear market and the feds have saturated us with money.  labor shortages, housing shortages, material shortages...could be posted for a huge breakout.  That said, it may be time to start pulling some chips off the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, identikit said:

$5.73

The dividend has to be low. Why else would they sell right now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, matuski said:

I can't tell if he is talking about crypto/meme or the market... I'm leaning crypto meme.

Yeah, that article was posted earlier in the thread and your take was the same as mine. He’s not talking about tech or growth or stocks in general - he’s talking about people YOLO-ing with margin on crap like GME, AMC, TRCH (sorry but yeah) and crypto.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, matuski said:

I can't tell if he is talking about crypto/meme or the market... I'm leaning crypto meme.

I make the occasional bet on crap, too - I’m in RSLS right now for example. But I also don’t try to convince anyone it’s not, in fact, crap.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, tuffnutt said:

Trch owners what are we doing? I couldn’t have been more wrong on the big squeeze today... bummed.

Got out yesterday in the 8's.  Was watching the 1 minute candles all day which were looking pretty weak.  Should have gotten out higher but kept hoping for a bounce.  Good lesson.  Cost me a little more but still need to be happy with the ~140% profit.

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Do I get more TRCH dividend if everyone else sells? Looks like I missed out on taking profit here...oh well. Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn. 

Is it even a dividend?  When is it payable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Do I get more TRCH dividend if everyone else sells? Looks like I missed out on taking profit here...oh well. Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn. 

No. The outstanding shares are the outstanding shares. The dividend is per share so the only difference is that people who owned it at $.50 may get a nice percent dividend and people who paid $10 per share likely lost way more money on the share than they’ll make up in the dividend.

This meme stock thing will be interesting if they ever get down to the bottom of the stock selection and manipulation. Somebody(ies) are definitely driving the stock choice and then the Twitter/YouTube/WSB pump and likely false statements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Is it even a dividend?  When is it payable?

It is weird that there is so much unknown. When most companies declare a dividend, the amount of the dividend is stated in the declaration. In this case, they are selling assets but if you are doing a merger back in December, you’d think the due diligence on TRCH’s assets would have already been done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

You forget to mention companies like GME priced 10x where they should be.

Uncharted territory...we just came out of a bear market and the feds have saturated us with money.  labor shortages, housing shortages, material shortages...could be posted for a huge breakout.  That said, it may be time to start pulling some chips off the table.

The market something something irrational something something

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought some SCR in premarket @ 25.40 

Play on Canada lightening up on sports gambling some.

Thanks @McBokonon for the tip.

Just figured iout that this is the same company that offers 'The Score' sports app I've been using for years.

I'm slow on the uptake a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, identikit said:

Bought some SCR in premarket @ 25.40 

Play on Canada lightening up on sports gambling some.

Thanks @McBokonon for the tip.

Just figured iout that this is the same company that offers 'The Score' sports app I've been using for years.

I'm slow on the uptake a lot.

Good luck. I haven’t looked into them at all so I have no idea how their finances look or if their CEO is a felon or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Good luck. I haven’t looked into them at all so I have no idea how their finances look or if their CEO is a felon or anything.

felon schmelon

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like $GLBE doesn’t want to pull back until earnings or something. I imagine there’s nothing they can report that will justify this run. I want to add more but I have a decent enough position near the IPO price I’ll wait until the next quarter. But what a champ so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Looks like $GLBE doesn’t want to pull back until earnings or something. I imagine there’s nothing they can report that will justify this run. I want to add more but I have a decent enough position near the IPO price I’ll wait until the next quarter. But what a champ so far.

Yeah, I missed it when you first mentioned and it just never settled back to a comfortable level. It’s just too pricey now. When the P/S hits 50, it’s hard to jump in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, I missed it when you first mentioned and it just never settled back to a comfortable level. It’s just too pricey now. When the P/S hits 50, it’s hard to jump in.

This is why I always at least take a starter if I’m interested and then do more research after. If it sinks I haven’t lost much, if it soars at least I’m involved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Very interesting. With the government throwing money around, it sure seems like this is going to be way more common. Funny that Saylor and Microstrategy are big names in crypto now because way back when in 2000, they were one of the early fraud cases (before Worldcom and Enron) that was a big reason for the dot com crash. History tends to repeat itself.

I know I’ll get the Debbie Downer replies, but I think DPLS, which has made money for lots in here, is probably in the same boat. Maybe not pure fraud but when a $5M company suddenly is worth hundreds of millions, it’s worth asking how. When you watch this demo video, you don’t get a warm fuzzy on the company. Again, to avoid the replies, DPLS could be a valid company with a product that might succeed. Also, as we’d seen a zillion times in here there are also companies that go for a ride and they’ll send out a press release saying that they don’t know why the stock jumped as there was no new material news.

It goes back to the frothiness and concern about the market. Heck, I wonder how many of these retail investors throwing money around in these meme stocks have even heard of Enron.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No. The outstanding shares are the outstanding shares. The dividend is per share so the only difference is that people who owned it at $.50 may get a nice percent dividend and people who paid $10 per share likely lost way more money on the share than they’ll make up in the dividend.

This meme stock thing will be interesting if they ever get down to the bottom of the stock selection and manipulation. Somebody(ies) are definitely driving the stock choice and then the Twitter/YouTube/WSB pump and likely false statements.

We've seen people try and do it here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, David Dodds said:
  • Daily Reverse Repos with an all-time high at $791.605B
  • Massive crypto sell off
  • All the new clearing house rules for margin calls/liquidity checks
  • Inflation at ridiculous levels 
  • Shortages everywhere 

Anyone else expecting a major correction in the market soon? This feels like a massive bubble ready to burst

I actually believe the opposite.  My casual observation is that in the last 6-12 months people have been putting money in safe locations.  Just in the past couple weeks I have seen much higher volume in speculation with an influx into the single and double pennies.  I believe we will see a good bit more safe money put into the market to try and do better than 12%.

:2cents:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Interestingly enough, The Enron scandal, which was gigantic, was $74B. The top 4 meme stocks, CLOV, GME, BB and AMC are worth just under $60B.

Not really an apt comparison, though, either. People have the ability to know the situations with those companies and are choosing to ignore data in favor of narratives. AMC outright told people their stock price was disconnected from fundamentals. 

Enron was lying to the world about their fundamentals. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It is weird that there is so much unknown. When most companies declare a dividend, the amount of the dividend is stated in the declaration. In this case, they are selling assets but if you are doing a merger back in December, you’d think the due diligence on TRCH’s assets would have already been done.

From some reading i was doing yesterday, if they make the dividend big enough (25% of the stock price), they only have to pay to shareholders of record the day prior to the payable date.  That would mean anyone selling today won't get the dividend if they can crater the stock price enough to hit that 25% mark.  Not sure if you would have to meet both criteria to get the dividend.  Of course I've seen preferred stock mentioned and not dividend so who really knows what you're getting and when.  Of course Torch dumped another $250M into the pool earlier this week so somebody is getting that pile of cash.  

On another note, what does the SEC actually do???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not really an apt comparison, though, either. People have the ability to know the situations with those companies and are choosing to ignore data in favor of narratives. AMC outright told people their stock price was disconnected from fundamentals. 

Enron was lying to the world about their fundamentals. 

 

Only comparing the sizes not the situations, i.e. the top 4 meme stocks aren't far away from Enron's market cap before the scandal hit. Everyone who isn't only getting their facts from Reddit and Twitter knows the stock prices are disconnected from fundamentals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

From some reading i was doing yesterday, if they make the dividend big enough (25% of the stock price), they only have to pay to shareholders of record the day prior to the payable date.  That would mean anyone selling today won't get the dividend if they can crater the stock price enough to hit that 25% mark.  Not sure if you would have to meet both criteria to get the dividend.  Of course I've seen preferred stock mentioned and not dividend so who really knows what you're getting and when.  Of course Torch dumped another $250M into the pool earlier this week so somebody is getting that pile of cash.  

On another note, what does the SEC actually do???

Gotta love when the dilution is 4x the market cap of the company at the beginning of this year. TRCH executives aren't even hiding the money grab or even offering free popcorn to people willing to buy the shares at inflated prices. They couldn't get the shares onto the market any faster. They've got to be high fiving each other for somehow getting on the meme list. Last year, they would have raised $2M selling 10 million shares. The past couple days, they got $100M from PT Barnum's best friends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...