What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

Every once in a while a squirrel finds a nut.

Not long after that post I purchased more as I believe in what the company is trying to do.  I have a cost per share of .00153 with the stock currently at ~.008.

I am in for a small/medium share so losing it all doesnt break me.  Whats the shark move here?  Collect some profit and exit stage left?  Id really love some FU money so my heart is saying stick it out for the long run.

Can someone talk some sense into me?
You know I’d take the profit and run to the next option, but I love looking at the web sites of some of these. That YouTube demo of the products for DPLS was hysterical and this web site is close. The have 3 companies and the link for the 3rd one brings you to a page with very little info. One Showcase link for 3, I assume, courses with a contact us link that goes to open an email to Juan. The Partner link is the best. It goes to the same home page (nothing past the home page besides Juan) and just simply states “We work with some pretty amazing people” and nothing more. Love this stuff, heck their main company page shows that they are working to get their filings back to current.

Thinned my FLGT holdings by 10%.  Between the 25% gain in the last month and my large Amazon holding, it's weighting in my portfolio was touching 5%.  Probably should have held, but still have plenty of exposure and looking to get my cash position to 10% in case there's a sell off soon.

eta - Which raises another question...should I consider Amazon a cash holding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought some more HGEN at 17.45. This thing is still going to the moon, right? :oldunsure:  

OK, I'm in.

$17.35

I added today as well but bought $17.50 calls expiring on 8/20 for $3.60 each.  This is either a boom or bust play anyway so may as well increase the amount of shares I have exposure too.

If they get EUA, it should shatter the premium I paid here and if they don't, well its bust.

Even some positive movement in the next week or two, should give me a chance to take some profit and get out before any decisions.

I feel like this is close to the low for now but I've been wrong before.
In at $17.40 as well. 

I had 5 shares left.  Fidelity deducted those 5 and gave me 2 MMAT.  $23.25 on Friday is now $15.82.  I assume Fidelity will cash out the remaining TRCH/ share at $4.65.  No news on the dividend on the 5 preferred shares.
LOL...got $4.09 for that odd share.  Now we wait for the mystery dividend.

Wrote a bunch of ZIM puts again today. Out to August now, which wasn't my intention, but the July juice was not worth the squeeze in the limited window I had to check.

Similar play, bought some Dec CMRE calls ($11? I think that's where I ended up). Might be more limited upside, but the premium was right.

Not long after that post I purchased more as I believe in what the company is trying to do.  I have a cost per share of .00153 with the stock currently at ~.008.

I am in for a small/medium share so losing it all doesnt break me.  Whats the shark move here?  Collect some profit and exit stage left?  Id really love some FU money so my heart is saying stick it out for the long run.

Sell enough to double your money and freeroll the rest.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Found this little tidbit about the stock formerly known as TRCH:

The Plano, Texas-based company traces its roots back to Pole Perfect, incorporated in 2007 in Nevada to market feminine fitness dance studios utilizing the advantages of pole dancing.

In November 2010, Pole Perfect bought Torchlight Energy and abandoned all of its previous business plans within the health and fitness industries before formally changing its name to Torchlight in 2011.

From pole dancing to oil drilling

Based on your original post I bought in for a couple hundred $ .

have 130,000 shares at .0016 and letting it ride  :banned:

I am willing to risk the gain for upside. You most likely have many more shares than I could see if you look at it differently. 

Regardless of how it turns out, thanks for the tip!

• Love
Reactions: JAA
David Dodds said:
Banks increasing their dividends reminds me of this little nugget:

Bank dividends peaked between mid-2007 and mid-2008, just months before the financial crisis boiled over with Lehman Brothers Inc’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in September 2008.
Are you implying you think there’s a housing bubble that’s about to burst?

David Dodds said:
Banks increasing their dividends reminds me of this little nugget:

Bank dividends peaked between mid-2007 and mid-2008, just months before the financial crisis boiled over with Lehman Brothers Inc’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in September 2008.
Banks are regulated like utilities ever since 2008. Raising their dividends has been long long overdue since they had to slash them hard when the crisis hit.

Big Banks are quite sound financially today. Very well capitalized etc.

A bubble that may burst soon though is consumer credit cards. The pandemic has caused a lot of issues in that area. Commercial real estate will ultimately have some issues, and the foreclosure moratorium is set to expire very soon so we will see some turbulence in residential foreclosures which will temporarily cool down the red hot real estate market.

But demand is so strong and supply is so limited it won’t be a major correction. Not in the least bit.

The car business right now is so out of whack too because of the massive chip/semi conductor  shortage. It is going to take a good 8-12 more months to get recalibrated with supply chains post Covid. Very little supply, high high demand. Prices rising fast.

This jolt of inflation imo is temporary and within a year will normalize again. 

The Fed will begin to taper once inflation normalizes again. So expect that in 12-18 months as well.

Are you implying you think there’s a housing bubble that’s about to burst?
I am suggesting that without the reverse repos they are getting daily, some banks might be margin called. It's not housing. It's commercial real estate and the banks greed loaning tons of money to aggressive hedge funds (that are working on 20-50X leverage) that were shorting tons of companies during the pandemic.

Banks are regulated like utilities ever since 2008. Raising their dividends has been long long overdue since they had to slash them hard when the crisis hit.

Big Banks are quite sound financially today. Very well capitalized etc.

A bubble that may burst soon though is consumer credit cards. The pandemic has caused a lot of issues in that area. Commercial real estate will ultimately have some issues, and the foreclosure moratorium is set to expire very soon so we will see some turbulence in residential foreclosures which will temporarily cool down the red hot real estate market.

But demand is so strong and supply is so limited it won’t be a major correction. Not in the least bit.

The car business right now is so out of whack too because of the massive chip/semi conductor  shortage. It is going to take a good 8-12 more months to get recalibrated with supply chains post Covid. Very little supply, high high demand. Prices rising fast.

This jolt of inflation imo is temporary and within a year will normalize again. 

The Fed will begin to taper once inflation normalizes again. So expect that in 12-18 months as well.
Thoughts on credit-based companies like Affirm? Do you consider them different than credit card companies?  I've been using a few services like this in my online purchasing where my payments are simply spread out over 60 days with no interest.

Thoughts on credit-based companies like Affirm? Do you consider them different than credit card companies?  I've been using a few services like this in my online purchasing where my payments are simply spread out over 60 days with no interest.
I would have to really research that. But consumer credit in general will soon see some pressure on larger than normal credit losses. No doubt. 

It would benefit you to research any particular company you own and what their exposure looks like, what their cash flow and Ebita is and what reserves they have for anticipated credit losses they carry.

$GLBE - there simply aren't any sellers. I trimmed about 1/6 of my position and it just keeps going. This thing has to pull back at some point, right? 

$GLBE - there simply aren't any sellers. I trimmed about 1/6 of my position and it just keeps going. This thing has to pull back at some point, right? 
Not touching until it does and they always do especially recent IPOs. I bought ZM several months after the IPO under the IPO price.

Not touching until it does and they always do especially recent IPOs. I bought ZM several months after the IPO under the IPO price.
I wouldn't either. I have it at $33 and took some off the table (and used the proceeds to add to $SIVB) so I'm good to ride the gyrations out at this point. 

I just want to thank the good people at Copper Fit for infusing the smell of menthol into their compression products completely removing any doubt that the wearer is old. 

It voluminous, but not sure it’s quality. Number 6 is very sketchy. I mean, there are reported short amounts but some cells on a spreadsheet say it could be 55% or 75% in the “speculative” column. I could type up a spreadsheet but it’s sure doesn’t make it fact. Number 7 is the same. I couldn’t find anything on a shareholder paying taxes on company income if they own more than 20%. Shareholders pay taxes when they sell shares. So aside from that seemingly being completely incorrect, how would it matter if the CEO thinks they will get bought out and now be profitable? If a bigger company or even a same sized company does a merger, he’d instantly be under 20% ownership. Humanigen isn’t profitable yet as well so this one is full of hot air.

Based on timing of EUA and the Delta variant/other countries, it might be worth me throwing some scratch on it now, but it shocks me how instantaneously a long post becomes facts. As Noah_Deez_Nutz say a few dozen posts in, “This due diligence is long that means it must be right, right?”

I am suggesting that without the reverse repos they are getting daily, some banks might be margin called. It's not housing. It's commercial real estate and the banks greed loaning tons of money to aggressive hedge funds (that are working on 20-50X leverage) that were shorting tons of companies during the pandemic.
What? Reverse repos take cash off the balance sheets of banks. Explain this to me like I'm @texasheat

The 25 biggest U.S. banks collectively reduced their loan holdings by 8% in the year through March, according to the Federal Reserve’s latest weekly survey.

Total loans fell by $447 billion to $5.45 trillion, Fed data show. Meanwhile, total deposits, which provide the funds that banks lend out to borrowers, jumped 16% to $10.13 trillion. Their combined loan-to-deposit ratio now sits at 53.9%, the lowest reading in 36 years of weekly Fed data.

This seems like a narrative in search of a problem.

It would benefit you to research any particular company you own and what their exposure looks like, what their cash flow and Ebita is and what reserves they have for anticipated credit losses they carry.
How does DFS look in these categories?

It voluminous, but not sure it’s quality. Number 6 is very sketchy. I mean, there are reported short amounts but some cells on a spreadsheet say it could be 55% or 75% in the “speculative” column. I could type up a spreadsheet but it’s sure doesn’t make it fact. Number 7 is the same. I couldn’t find anything on a shareholder paying taxes on company income if they own more than 20%. Shareholders pay taxes when they sell shares. So aside from that seemingly being completely incorrect, how would it matter if the CEO thinks they will get bought out and now be profitable? If a bigger company or even a same sized company does a merger, he’d instantly be under 20% ownership. Humanigen isn’t profitable yet as well so this one is full of hot air.

Based on timing of EUA and the Delta variant/other countries, it might be worth me throwing some scratch on it now, but it shocks me how instantaneously a long post becomes facts. As Noah_Deez_Nutz say a few dozen posts in, “This due diligence is long that means it must be right, right?”
I’m just posting stuff on Hgen when I see it. We don’t have to have the same circular conversation every time. There were some facts in there, some guessing, overall I thought it had good info. 

the foreclosure moratorium is set to expire very soon so we will see some turbulence in residential foreclosures which will temporarily cool down the red hot real estate market.

Foreclosure moratorium means very little IMO.  You have 3.2% in a forbearance program.  Forbearance can now last up to 15 months.  Home prices are up 13% in the last year.  In theory you could have not made a payment in the last year and be in a better equity position now relative to last year.  Hardly anyone was upside prior to Covid.  Only 0.36% of homes were foreclosed on in 2019.  This really should mean that people wait for their foreclosure notice and then sell the house to resolve it.  

It doesn't matter if it's true - it only matters if the meme apes believe that it's true

4 weeks.  If it's not approved by then I'll start reducing my position each week.  In the mean time I'll continue to add on each pullback until that 4 week mark.
I’ve heard august is a reasonable deadline based on other approvals. But yea I’d be sweating it by then. 

I didn’t meant to imply the EUA would be 3 months. 

Added some AH TLRY and and UUUU.

Sold some Tattooed Chef (about 1/3).  It's up another 3.5% AH on top of the 4% gain today.  Got $21.80 for my shares.

I’ve heard august is a reasonable deadline based on other approvals. But yea I’d be sweating it by then. 

I didn’t meant to imply the EUA would be 3 months. 
I wonder how long they can sit on a non-approval?  CYDY sat on some crappy trail results for several weeks.

I’m not following. Doesn’t that announcement come from the fda? 
I believe it would if it was approved.  If not, they should issue a response letter to the company and the company determines what to communicate publicly.  In rare instances like Cydy, where the company lies, distorts, and deceives the general public they will issue a statement.

This is old and maybe out of date...https://www.reuters.com/article/us-drug-approvals-fda-letters/public-rarely-knows-full-reason-fda-rejects-new-drugs-idUSKBN0OW2NX20150616

I believe it would if it was approved.  If not, they should issue a response letter to the company and the company determines what to communicate publicly.  In rare instances like Cydy, where the company lies, distorts, and deceives the general public they will issue a statement.

This is old and maybe out of date...https://www.reuters.com/article/us-drug-approvals-fda-letters/public-rarely-knows-full-reason-fda-rejects-new-drugs-idUSKBN0OW2NX20150616
Ahhhh well yea that is terrifying. 

We were offered a sizeable chunk of cash ($100k's) to walk away from half our pre public SPAC shares of a ketamine company my wife works for.  We passed.... man I hope this doesn't bite us in the ###.

I have no actual way to value the shares aside from their own pre market valuation of $1B.  By that number we made the right choice... but what if they fall flat and go 100M?  #### if I know how that works.

• Thinking
Reactions: KGB

Users who are viewing this thread