Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, KGB said:

Sounds like me in the bedroom.

 

RIOT

BTC - 34700

ETH - 2177

"we" "usually" get out at 34K.  Are you selling tomorrow?  I'm thinking of holding a bit, but options are crazy, if it hops up, I may get out.

I'm still holding RIOT from a few months back when I got in before the current lull.  I'm out when I get near even (36ish a share), to ride again later.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I'm still holding RIOT from a few months back when I got in before the current lull.  I'm out when I get near even (36ish a share), to ride again later.  

35770

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, KGB said:

Sounds like me in the bedroom.

 

RIOT

BTC - 34700

ETH - 2177

"we" "usually" get out at 34K.  Are you selling tomorrow?  I'm thinking of holding a bit, but options are crazy, if it hops up, I may get out.

Sold pre-market at $33.40 for a gain over 2k.  WOOT! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KGB said:

LESL  -  I'm in this industry.

Something to think about...  The stores im going into have empty shelves.  The main distributors for pool companies are out of stock in alot of things.  Pool service companies are going to leslies to buy supplies, most for the first time.

I'm hopping in tomorrow.

Current price LESL - $24.65

 

Leslies is for residential customers mostly.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/pool is for commercial.  I think they also blow it out

LESL in at $25.00

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Very nice day.  Dumped some GTBC and NRGU for a 20% gain.  Also trimmed a share of Amazon.

Added some BABA and LESL.

BABA down 5% = I'm adding too lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Very nice day.  Dumped some GTBC and NRGU for a 20% gain.  Also trimmed a share of Amazon.

Added some BABA and LESL.

Added some BABA to the small amount I had (about doubling it).  Loving the GBTC today, though I'm selling nothing at a profit until after this tax year.  My tax bill will be bad enough as is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be careful with BABA.

As The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, the Chinese government is pressing tech giants Tencent Holdings (OTC:TCEHY) and Alibaba affiliate company Ant Group to help it develop a new "state-backed digital currency" -- i.e., a cryptocurrency -- to be dubbed the e-CNY (or electronic Chinese yuan).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rascal said:

Be careful with BABA.

As The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, the Chinese government is pressing tech giants Tencent Holdings (OTC:TCEHY) and Alibaba affiliate company Ant Group to help it develop a new "state-backed digital currency" -- i.e., a cryptocurrency -- to be dubbed the e-CNY (or electronic Chinese yuan).

There are certainly reasons to be careful, but this sounds like a positive to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rascal said:

Be careful with BABA.

As The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, the Chinese government is pressing tech giants Tencent Holdings (OTC:TCEHY) and Alibaba affiliate company Ant Group to help it develop a new "state-backed digital currency" -- i.e., a cryptocurrency -- to be dubbed the e-CNY (or electronic Chinese yuan).

:goodposting: Trusting the Chinese is a very bad idea. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, JAA said:
On 6/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, JAA said:
On 6/7/2021 at 10:28 AM, JAA said:

For those on the penny front - consider $PBYA.  Ive been stalking this non-FBG internet guy.  I already gleaned from him NWGC (sold +100%).  This is another he is thinking could pop.

Low market cap, high volume and the stock keeps fluxuating +/- 30%.

I got no idea of this is a 10-bagger or going straight to 0.  Take a look and look YMMV.  Im in 1/4 share and prepared to average down 1 time if needed.

Every once in a while a squirrel finds a nut.

Not long after that post I purchased more as I believe in what the company is trying to do.  I have a cost per share of .00153 with the stock currently at ~.008.

I am in for a small/medium share so losing it all doesnt break me.  Whats the shark move here?  Collect some profit and exit stage left?  Id really love some FU money so my heart is saying stick it out for the long run.

Can someone talk some sense into me?

Expand  

Loving me some $PBYA

:bowtie:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rascal said:

Be careful with BABA.

As The Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, the Chinese government is pressing tech giants Tencent Holdings (OTC:TCEHY) and Alibaba affiliate company Ant Group to help it develop a new "state-backed digital currency" -- i.e., a cryptocurrency -- to be dubbed the e-CNY (or electronic Chinese yuan).

I'm trying to figure out what to do here - down 30%, and not liking what's happening with Chinese tech stocks.  Sure as hell not buying more, already in for a 1.5 position, but seriously considering trimming or just getting out altogether.

 

Now GBTC on the other hand :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JAA said:
On 7/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, JAA said:
On 6/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, JAA said:
On 6/7/2021 at 10:28 AM, JAA said:

For those on the penny front - consider $PBYA.  Ive been stalking this non-FBG internet guy.  I already gleaned from him NWGC (sold +100%).  This is another he is thinking could pop.

Low market cap, high volume and the stock keeps fluxuating +/- 30%.

I got no idea of this is a 10-bagger or going straight to 0.  Take a look and look YMMV.  Im in 1/4 share and prepared to average down 1 time if needed.

Every once in a while a squirrel finds a nut.

Not long after that post I purchased more as I believe in what the company is trying to do.  I have a cost per share of .00153 with the stock currently at ~.008.

I am in for a small/medium share so losing it all doesnt break me.  Whats the shark move here?  Collect some profit and exit stage left?  Id really love some FU money so my heart is saying stick it out for the long run.

Can someone talk some sense into me?

Expand  

Loving me some $PBYA

Expand  

:bowtie:

Here is the catalyst - Im long on this one:  https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/PBYA/news/North-American-Crane-Bureau-Secures-New-Training-Services-Contract-with-Ford?id=313102

The country needs more and more blue collars in the work force.  Accessibility into training material for these trade jobs will only increase, not decrease.  Imagine being able to pass a bunch of online courses to get your "pre-cert".  Then get job placement near a big city to complete your training hands on?  I think there is a considerable market for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sand said:

Amazon just said no to crypto payments.  So GBTC tomorrow will be :tfp:

They're also not hiring a digital currency executive to research ways to continue ignoring crypto, so...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Listen, Dale. So far we've managed to pretend crypto doesn't exist at all. But with your crypto expertise, we'll be able to REALLY ignore it effectively for the next 20 years."

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

"Listen, Dale. So far we've managed to pretend crypto doesn't exist at all. But with your crypto expertise, we'll be able to REALLY ignore it effectively for the next 20 years."

I bet his name really is Dale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 2:39 PM, KGB said:

LESL  -  I'm in this industry.

Something to think about...  The stores im going into have empty shelves.  The main distributors for pool companies are out of stock in alot of things.  Pool service companies are going to leslies to buy supplies, most for the first time.

I'm hopping in tomorrow.

Current price LESL - $24.65

 

Leslies is for residential customers mostly.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/pool is for commercial.  I think they also blow it out

Up 1.7% for me today

Thanks gb

 

 

 

Edited by identikit
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What is a good blockchain investment that is not crypto currency?  Like, what can I invest in that is developing NFT/Blockchain for secure documents for medical records, commercial real estate transactions, etc.?

BLOK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Unless the government is pressing them to absorb all of the expenses and none of the profits.

Pretty sure they can just make up number as they want anyways lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, urbanhack said:
4 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What is a good blockchain investment that is not crypto currency?  Like, what can I invest in that is developing NFT/Blockchain for secure documents for medical records, commercial real estate transactions, etc.?

BLOK

Blue Horseshoe (also known as @General Malaise) loves Cobalt Blockchain Inc.  Support has really developed at $.03, serious price consolidation and getting ready for a breakout.

 

 

 

 

 

j/k, do not invest in COBCF.  Just don't.

  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Unless the government is pressing them to absorb all of the expenses and none of the profits.

They are probably being forced and while this comes with potential gains it also comes with a lot of risks.  If it fails they are going to get stuck with the losses.

Fwiw, I don't trust any Chinese businesses with investments.  I don't believe their records or that their government won't nationalize or something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, rascal said:

They are probably being forced and while this comes with potential gains it also comes with a lot of risks.  If it fails they are going to get stuck with the losses.

Fwiw, I don't trust any Chinese businesses with investments.  I don't believe their records or that their government won't nationalize or something else.

I agree.  I just think BABA and JD have been beaten down.  So, Id like to take advantage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What is a good blockchain investment that is not crypto currency?  Like, what can I invest in that is developing NFT/Blockchain for secure documents for medical records, commercial real estate transactions, etc.?

Not exactly a fit as you describe but definitely related to crypto is $SI

A cryptocurrency bank of sorts

https://www.silvergate.com/

 

Bought it on 12/15/20

Up 148% for me since then.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One bright spot today in RGEN with a real nice earnings report this morning. Don’t own a ton but got up to 40 shares in a few buys in the $160-180 range. I like the accelerating growth.

Actually, seems like some of the big tech guys like TTD, MDB and ROKU having a nice day and keeping me not so bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Generally out of SPACs, but I like Dark Sky as a long term Space play so picked up a little bit of SFTW. 

Was just trying to look for news about this over the weekend to see if there is any catalyst upcoming. My biggest percentage loss right now based on the idea behind it, but love the idea behind it. Would like to see some releases that they are actually putting the satellites up they have planned this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ZIM lockup period expired today. For anyone interested in some exposure to shipping, this probably wouldn't be a bad entry point.

It might be a bumpy ride between here and year-end, but I have to believe this thing climbs back into the $40s by 1/22. Shipping prices and backlogs are outrageous right now. Delta variant news will cause some of the bumpy ride, but would you expect an increase in covid cases to significantly reduce that shipping bottleneck? I don't. If anything, I'd think it makes it worse. This is how we got here in the first place. Shipping prices are unlikely to decline significantly anytime soon imo.

Full disclosure: I'm long (Basis in the $20s) and have been actively trading puts and calls for a while now. All of that was while it was range-bound in the $40s. I exited those positions in anticipation of this. I believe there's another lockup expiration coming in August, too, but I need to research that more. I suggest you do as well if interested. To me, those are temp shock events. I'm holding this into '22 pending a change in thesis. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up writing some $30-ish puts later today.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know anything but I’m willing to bet someone (hedge fund or something) is liquidating their China positions and it’s affecting all of their SE Asia holdings. Might be a good opportunity for SE or similar non-China names.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perspective on what shipping has done/is doing, from Hasbro's quarterly call this week:

"While other factors positively influenced gross margin, freight and input costs are significantly higher this year than last. One example is ocean freight costs where we are projecting, on average, that costs will be more than 4 times higher this year versus last."

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Neat board. And wine.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

I don’t know anything but I’m willing to bet someone (hedge fund or something) is liquidating their China positions and it’s affecting all of their SE Asia holdings. Might be a good opportunity for SE or similar non-China names.

I wish I sold my API shares (small share) earlier this year when it had almost tripled and I couldn’t really figure out what they do. My BILI has taken it on the chin but at least I’m still almost double. Not really sure what to do with them. API has actually been up lately because it got beat up for some link to TikTok or something. BILI sucks because I like them a lot but maybe not worth the chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wish I sold my API shares (small share) earlier this year when it had almost tripled and I couldn’t really figure out what they do. My BILI has taken it on the chin but at least I’m still almost double. Not really sure what to do with them. API has actually been up lately because it got beat up for some link to TikTok or something. BILI sucks because I like them a lot but maybe not worth the chance. 

Oof, was wondering what was driving my wife's account down so much today :lol: 

Didn't remember she had so much SE either :eek: 

Edited by Desert_Power
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I don’t know anything but I’m willing to bet someone (hedge fund or something) is liquidating their China positions and it’s affecting all of their SE Asia holdings. Might be a good opportunity for SE or similar non-China names.

:oldunsure:

💰💰 

:shrug:sent shopping already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Oof, was wondering what was driving my wife's account down so much today :lol: 

Didn't remember she had so much SE either :eek: 

It probably wasn't that much SE a while ago.  

It's getting close to the same price it was... 11 days ago. Or in June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Oof, was wondering what was driving my wife's account down so much today :lol: 

Didn't remember she had so much SE either :eek: 

I wish it wasn’t a Chinese stock. Right in my wheelhouse but when you’ve got a communist government that controls everything as much as they do, we are seeing the risk right now.

Thinking about selling and buying more KNSL as they report this week and for growing as well as they are the stock hasn’t really participated in last year’s rally. Seems pretty cheap on sales and earnings growth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...